Most Stable Currency

Most Stable Currency

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Let’s say I was to transform all my gold into a certain item and stock it. Which one would you pick?

Keeping a lot of gold on you don’t always seem like a good idea as the price of items seem to constantly increase making your gold worth less and less as the months pass. So which item would you bet on?

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Most Stable Currency

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The most stable currency is gems.

But if you’re looking for something that increases in value over time, BL skins is typically what people do, as there is very little risk attached to them.

Most Stable Currency

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If I understand you properly, you’re asking us to name an item in game that will not only keep its worth but increase in value faster than inflation no matter how the game changes and/or also know ahead of time that ANet won’t re-release more of a scarce item.

Lol. If I knew that item I would buy it myself.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Most Stable Currency

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Let’s say I was to transform all my gold into a certain item and stock it. Which one would you pick?

Keeping a lot of gold on you don’t always seem like a good idea as the price of items seem to constantly increase making your gold worth less and less as the months pass. So which item would you bet on?

In general, I wouldnt advise you to bet only on one horse but to diversify your investment. That way you are more likely to see a return of investment, whenever you come back.

It would also depend on how much gold you want to spend and how long.

Are you taking a 2 month break or a year? Or are you planning on investing all your gold now, keep on playing and sell some of your stocked items whenever you need money?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Most Stable Currency

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

unidentified dyes.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Most Stable Currency

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

What you’re asking for is not a currency. You’re asking for us to suggest to you an investment. Honestly I doubt the TP big-wigs (I KNOW YOU’RE OUT THERE KITTENIT) would freely give their secrets, but you can always invest and see how it goes.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Most Stable Currency

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

What you’re asking for is not a currency. You’re asking for us to suggest to you an investment. Honestly I doubt the TP big-wigs (I KNOW YOU’RE OUT THERE KITTENIT) would freely give their secrets, but you can always invest and see how it goes.

I wouldnt neccessarily tell him what i plan to invest in next but why wouldnt I want to tell him what i already invested in?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Most Stable Currency

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I would bet on globs of ectoplasm. Even in GW1, they were the de facto currency for large amounts. They retain their value extremely well.

Most Stable Currency

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Your assumption is only correct if there were constant inflation. While that is the case in some aspects of the game, anet does keep prices well balanced. Most changes price wise are due to changes in supply and demand from changing circusmtances.

For example anet adding an ecto gamble and new ways to reroll ascended armor made ectos more desirable. This price change had little to do with inflation.

Thus if you are asking for people to give advice on a commodity that keeps or rises in value to counter inflation (which as mentioned is barely noticable) you are effectively asking for investment advice. Something not many will share freely.

The best advice so far has been:

In general, I wouldnt advise you to bet only on one horse but to diversify your investment. That way you are more likely to see a return of investment, whenever you come back.

It would also depend on how much gold you want to spend and how long.

Are you taking a 2 month break or a year? Or are you planning on investing all your gold now, keep on playing and sell some of your stocked items whenever you need money?

No one commodity will fullfill your desired result.