Most boring class/ race combination

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

What do you think it is? Personally I think the more generic the more unappealing so with that being said, human warrior. I mean how basic can you get? For those that have one you know who you are<.<

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t consider that boring, per se. More…culturally acceptable. For humans, any profession could be considered ‘boring’ by your thought line. Therefore no one should play a human?

On the other hand, making a race/class combo that would logically fit….such as Charr Ranger, or Charr Engineer would also be ‘boring’ by your description.

I don’t see anything wrong (or boring) in trying to create a race/class combo that fits as defined by the game lore. Of course, I don’t see issues with having fun outside the box either (Charr Ele for example).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Female human mesmer.

And they are most likely wearing some T3 cultural armor, Arah shoulders, and maybe wielding anomaly.

I can’t go anywhere without seeing these “clones”, seriously get some uniqueness.

Posted by: Metamega.9025

Metamega.9025

I know what you mean by human female mesmers lol. I made 2 mesmers. One was asuran( now level 66, pretty sweet). I tried making one really different. I made a male human mesmer. Made him the biggest and widest possible with a shaved head and a beard, it was just too much lol. All the light armor made him kind of flamboyant lol. Had to delete it.

Posted by: Serafina.2681

Serafina.2681

It is hard to answer this question without being the slightest insulting. However, I will try.
One of my characters is a Sylvari ranger. For some, I think, this seems quite generic. But not for me. I have this strange thing of not being able to imagine a Sylvari anything. But at the same time, I seem them in every profession.
Alright, imo, the most “boring” (really don’t like the use of this word) combinations would be a ranger Sylvari, a ranger Norn, an elementalist/thief human, a mesmer asura.
There. Now unleash your dissagreement.

—Be stubborn about your goals, but flexible about your methods.—

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Most boring to me? Charr Engineer!
My only reasoning is I find both Charr’s boring in appearance and Engineers boring to play

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

For Warrior, any race except Asura and Sylvari.

For Elementalist, any race except Charr or Norn.

For Mesmer, any race except Charr and Norn.

For Guardian, any race except Asura.

For Necromancer, any race except Sylvari (kinda wierded out that I rarely see Sylvari Necromancers)

For Ranger, any race except Asura and Human.

For Thief, any race except Norn.

For Engineer, any race except Norn and Sylvari.

Yeah, if you’re a human, it’s pretty likely you’re boring

Posted by: dadamowsky.4692

dadamowsky.4692

Any female (maybe except Asura and Charr – those’d be simply weird) wearing a “show more, protect less” amor. Nude skins were present since the first Quake, there’re countless mods for any games featuring females “qualities”. To add the boredom factor – played by a young guy

As for class – any kind of warrior. I couldn’t ever take myself to play one in any cRPG/MMO game since he’s always so generic that it’s hard to shake the feeling of “noble prince charming of the round-ish table”. It’s like naming a wizard character as Merlin or Gandalf

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Norn guardian… They are everywhere, using the cultural armor

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Norn plus Guardian, Mesmer, Engineer and Warrior. Why? No +25% run speed boost and the Norn normal runs looks like I’m running in slo-mo. I find this boring. Ymmv.

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Female human mesmer.

And they are most likely wearing some T3 cultural armor, Arah shoulders, and maybe wielding anomaly.

I can’t go anywhere without seeing these “clones”, seriously get some uniqueness.

I see more Sylvari/Asura Mesmers going the purple route, not so much human female mesmers. I’m a human female mesmer myself, and this is what I’ve observed. A lot of mesmers go for the thematic look though sadly.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

As for class – any kind of warrior. I couldn’t ever take myself to play one in any cRPG/MMO game since he’s always so generic that it’s hard to shake the feeling of “noble prince charming of the round-ish table”. It’s like naming a wizard character as Merlin or Gandalf

Try an Asura named Yoda. Not many chances to ever pull that off.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Norn guardian… They are everywhere, using the cultural armor

As are human guardians, charr guardians, sylvari guardians…you get the point. Guardians, they’r everywhere!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Female Human with white hair, playing a Thief all in dyed in black, with a Japanese name.

Delete your character please

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve seen a human male ele, white beard, named Gandalf, Gandalf Grahame iirc. That combo won an eye roll from me.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I know what you mean by human female mesmers lol. I made 2 mesmers. One was asuran( now level 66, pretty sweet). I tried making one really different. I made a male human mesmer. Made him the biggest and widest possible with a shaved head and a beard, it was just too much lol. All the light armor made him kind of flamboyant lol. Had to delete it.

Or not flamboyand enough!!!..

Change human to norn and you’ve basically described my male norn mesmer..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Newbie.4586

Newbie.4586

Anyone running around with a two handed sword (Particularly Warriors and Guardians.) Oh unless your Asura then that’s ok.

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

I went Human Ranger because at the time I only ever saw Norn or Charr or Sylvari Rangers.

I’d have to Human Warrior is probably the most boring. Human Necro, too. I’ve rarely seen any Necro not human.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Human thief. They’re all over the place wearing generic thief hoods with on full abyss dye. You probably can’t get any more generic and boring than that.

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

yea, there are a ton of thieves in all black….that’s why my thief alt wears pink and orange :>

don’t forget all the human female thieves wearing underboob shirts, too.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

full cof char warrior

Posted by: Varg.9751

Varg.9751

Charr warrior in CoF armor, in all black dye.
And with a twilight.

YAWN.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

And with a twilight.

YAWN.

Amen!
(Or a female humam guard with white hair.)

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

And with a twilight.

YAWN.

Pretty much this. Actually may apply to any race doing the same thing, except Sylvari Warriors which are just awesome/uncommon.

For Necromancer, any race except Sylvari (kinda wierded out that I rarely see Sylvari Necromancers)

I have a Lv.80 Sylvari Necro. He’s awesome.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

anyone in complete CoF armor….

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Any Charr. I don’t like Charr. I mean, I don’t like using Charr.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

Asura Engineer.
The Asura use magic for their inventation, engineers don’t.

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

Human Warrior Definitely.

Saying that, my main is human war. Guess im boring then : P.

BOOM

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

For those that have one you know who you are

Well thanks for insulting me and every other player who has a human warrior…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

I like my human warrior. And my norn warrior. And my asura guardian. and my sylvari ranger, my sylvari mesmer. As well as my human ele and my norn thief.
This game has so many players with so many characters, that every possible combination is common. I used the word common for a reason – boring just does not ring true in my ears.

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Xavori – Human male thief. Wears grey hood and grey AC armor (cuz it looks like studded leather the way a fighter-thief should look). The trick was getting the anonymity hood and armor to match shades of grey since they don’t naturally.

Lyza Zarq – Human female necro in dark green and purple masquerade armor with green glowy eyes.

Asyntora – Human female warrior in heavy looking silver and gold plate.

Lysergidea – Human female mesmer wearing pink and purple winged wielding sword and pistol.

Princess Beerlove – Human female mesmer wearing bright green with pink trim wielding a princess wand and beer mug

Targa Nahrl – Human female thief in bright red.

Aideen Zahn – Human female elly in whatever bright colors I feel like sticking her in at whatever time I’m playing her.

Raeza Vire – Human female necro with a deep blue fauxhawk, red demon facepaint, and bright red and blue outfit.

Nurse Gadget – Asura female engineer in solid white with pink tennis shoes.

Sweety Pies – Asura female warrior in pink T2 cultural armor wielding pink T3 cultural sword and axe and wearing a quaggan backpack.

Candee Kayne – Asura female warrior in white and red wielding a candy cane hammer.

Tygurr Boomkitten – Charr male engineer in bright yellow shirt and pants wearing a bright orange coat with bright red shoulders, gloves, and boots.

Cardeae – Sylvari ranger with purple uh..hair/leaves wearing very simple brown leathers.

Cher Stegalkin – Norn ranger in very dark purple AC armor.

Brynnhild Nygaard – Norn guardian in basic heavy plate although will be switching to a mix of HotW, gladiator, and cultural when I get around to it.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Any human female in general. I’m keep seeing them everywhere no matter what profession they are… except female human engineer which is quite rare.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Any racial stereotypes:
- Asura Engineer
- Norn Warrior
- Sylvari Ranger
- Charr Engineer
- Female Human cook+tailoring

I try to avoid those.

Furthermore, Guardian is a cookie cutter by default since most of those are paladin-wannakitteno mending wammos.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Wow, I haven’t seen this much self-glorification since…well, never…

You play an oddball race/prof combo, props to you. That still doesn’t give you any right to be condescending to anyone who playes a race/prof combo that meshes with the lore…

Without any swearing, any name calling, this is one of the more offensive threads I have seen.

Norn Ranger

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

(edited by Zorby.8236)

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

charr GS warriors and norn bunker guardians….

lol

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I’m going to add another vote for Charr Warrior in COF Gear.

I actually have one, I didn’t realize how incredibly commonplace it was until I did it and then I regretted it. I have a mix of COF and cultural armor, but I think I’m going to just convert everything to the Cultural set.

I wouldn’t necissarily call it ‘boring,’ it’s just too common for my tastes. My Charr Warriors only slightly unique thing is that I’m one of the few warriors that doesn’t use a Great Sword.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I don’t think there are any boring of race/class combinations, but I’ve most certainly seen a TON of boring characters. The following things are so ubiquitous I’m at the point I wish I had the authority to issue suspensions to the offending players (I’m only half-kidding):
– Twilight
– Anyone with a greatsword
– Citadel of Flame armor
– Abyss Dye
– Celestial Dye
– Assassin Creed wannabe thieves in white armor and hoods

And to those of you who said human warriors are boring, for shame. Human warriors are essentially a blank canvas. Whether you want to look like the honorable knight in shining armor, the hardened savage brute, or anything between you can pull it off with style. I can’t say this of this of warriors of any other race.

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

And to those of you who said human warriors are boring, for shame. Human warriors are essentially a blank canvas. Whether you want to look like the honorable knight in shining armor, the hardened savage brute, or anything between you can pull it off with style. I can’t say this of this of warriors of any other race.

I cant agree more with this. In my opinion humans have by far the best customization in gw2 you can make them look whatever you like.

Norns to me are warriors, guardians and rangers, Charrs are warriors and engineers, Sylvari pretty much anything except engineer. I left out Asuars because i just dont like pretty much everything about them (mostly theirs melee attack animations and animations in general e.g. – Asura with GS) so they dont fit to anything for me, but if you like them thats ok its yours character not mine….

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Any racial stereotypes:
- Asura Engineer
- Norn Warrior
- Sylvari Ranger
- Charr Engineer

I try to avoid those.

Furthermore, Guardian is a cookie cutter by default since most of those are paladin-wannakitteno mending wammos.

Get a load of this guy.

Posted by: Rusha.4725

Rusha.4725

I agree with human warrior. Especialy with GS. I had one and droped him cuz of boredom. Now I created an asura warior and playing/leveling with longbow/rifle. Looks awkward but so much fun at the same time.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

- Anyone with a greatsword
– Citadel of Flame armor
– Abyss Dye
– Celestial Dye
– Assassin Creed wannabe thieves in white armor and hoods

MUH UNIQUENESS

Seriously tho, whats wrong with those? They are good looking, and therefore popular. Make a full purple-pink asura pony character and be happy, gee.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

For me personally the most boring combo is that seductive, female, human “vampire-like” necro. No offense to anyone playing a female human necro but that’s a combo I personally would never choose myself.

Edit: I’m not saying that one cannot make something interesting out of that combo female, human and necro.^^

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

To be honest I’m more bored of people who make “unique” combinations and then come on the forum and complain about everyone else copying each other.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Serafina.2681

Serafina.2681

To be honest I’m more bored of people who make “unique” combinations and then come on the forum and complain about everyone else copying each other.

Words of wisdom, my friend…

—Be stubborn about your goals, but flexible about your methods.—

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

You know why there are so many Humans? Because outfits are actually designed to fit them, as opposed to being stretched or shrunk as they are for Norn/Charr and Asura.

As opposed to the actual question:

• Sylvari Ranger
  • Charr Warrior using Abyss/Black COF armor
  • Human Thief using T3
Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have a Sylvari Ranger and a female Human Mesmer :P
I also have a female Human Engineer, so there.

I think all race and class combinations are valid and we play what we like.
It really can’t hurt to get some more armour variety into the game- people like being creative.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: jade.4827

jade.4827

to be honest guild wars 2 races are crap.
the games good quality wise but the races are just boring with races just going from one extreme to the other-human(meh) to char(why a cat and whose idea was it to put clothes on them?!)
the human are just that, the norn are just bigger versions, the sylvari are fugly, the char are just to beasty and odd and the little guinea pig things are just up right furless dogs.
i really appreciate the whole personal story thing buti just think guildwars 2 needs to inject its races and stories with a healthy dose of the fun factor.
the races need to be less human yet less beastly so that you can still say aww or cool yet not look a fool in armour and not feel utterly freaky.
guildwars needs to check out its competitors more- such as TERA.-they lack the beauty of guildwars 2 yet thier races are very fun and exciting to play as because they look cool/cute and the player can relate to them aswell as have fun for they look fun too.

(edited by jade.4827)

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Anyone wearing a full set with just 1 dye is boring, anyone wearing a full set is boring… anyone wearing just 1 dye is boring…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

A Charr Mesmer. How weird can you get. You have a big hulking charr that you expect can smash you to death with one mighty sweep of his paw, and then he shoots you with a purple laser with butterflies flying around him.

In my opinion, Gw2 races are really bad. I mean, the generic fantasy setting for an mmo is really really cool. Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans, and other such races are really awesome in my opinion. I grew up with that stuff, and then to come to GW2 and see an Asura mouse/naked mole rat made me kind of sad.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

charr warrior in black cof armour
human female mesmer in t3
human female medium class in tier underboob
norn female ranger

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj