Most stupid vista

Most stupid vista

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Katoomba.6905

Katoomba.6905

Just wondering what you found the most stupid vista in this game.
Mine is the one at Sootberme. Fist you have no view and have to jump blind through bushes to end up on a rock. Then you puzzle jump and eventually get to a rock on a tight ledge where you have to jump up.

If you have made it this far……. then you keep jumping up and eventually fall down because it is pure pot luck to actually jump to the top of the rock.

I have done it with three of my chars and eventually got it. However my thief has tried SIXTY times and never made it.

I think it is just STUPID to make things THAT DIFFICULT because once you fail one item, you don’t really feel like going on because the challenge of geting everything in that area, i.e. viewpoints, skills, waypoints etc etc, that challenge is gone.

I simply don’t feel like going on with my thief now. It is really discouraging.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

It is not that difficult. If you need it i can show you a easy path to it that has minimal risk of falling.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

There is more than one path you can use to get to that vista.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Sootberne is not particular hard and has an easy trick to it. Camera position is everything. By using the camera position well at each jump it is possible to see where you are going and hit it right. but you need to adjust it at each jump.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Sootberne is not particular hard and has an easy trick to it. Camera position is everything. By using the camera position well at each jump it is possible to see where you are going and hit it right. but you need to adjust it at each jump.

Easier route than that. i just climb the mountain from the side and jump down to it. Saves me all the jumping

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

All contested WP for no reason, WP slike one on the stone bridge in Shores , Contested WP during events so you have to go farther away—just aggravating —only put there by the devs to slow ya down and interfere with repair, returning to fight etc.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The vista at the SW Keep (green) in Eternal Battlegrounds.

Hands down. No contest.

Hate that thing.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

The vista just outside of the dungeon entrance to Caudecus’ Manor. It’s so stupid that you just walk right up to it.

On every alt I play I find myself jumping along the flat ground till I get there, that way I know I’ve put in effort to get to it. There’s no challenge to it at all.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Most stupid vista

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Hands down. No contest.

Hate that thing.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. This was the last thing I needed for world completion, and there were many other players there trying to do it. We eventually called out in map chat for a mesmer. I paid 1 gold to that awesome mesmer. Well worth. Every bit. WORST vista in the entire game, hands down. I believe this because I have never asked for a mesmer port before this.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I think the most stupid one is the one in Queensdale inside the bandit hideout…there’s nothing interesting to see there. :/

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The only stupid vistas in this game are the ones they didn’t put in Southsun.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Dredgehaunt Cliffs – Dostoev Sky Peak.

Nothing else in wvw (personally think all wvw vistas are easy – some are just a waiting game) or pve compares to this vista. Been ages since I’ve done it, and it’s the one that has stayed in my memory because of how horrible it is.

The number of times getting knocked off those platforms, or even finding the right path up to it… glad I never have to do it again!

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Bay Keep Borderlands Vista. Hate that kitten, So hard.

Isle Of Janthir

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Hands down. No contest.

Hate that thing.

Took me two months to get that one, at 99.99999999%

And I’m not even one of those who just check every often, I actively tried several times with my server, I only managed to get it after the bloody S1 ended and my server finally got green.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Snaketail Inlet Vista in Malchor’s Leap, Drowned Brine to be exact.
I hate that one, such a stupid jump.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Breached Wall- Diessa Plateau.
Dostoev Sky Peak is cake compared to this piece of torture

Gunnar’s Hold

Most stupid vista

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Echo point, Katoomba. Why do they call it three sisters when they look more like three giant dinosaur terds? Terrible vista!

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

While I know what hellsmachine is talking about, I very seriously doubt many others here do. Echo Point and Katoomba aren’t part of the Tyrian map.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Is that somewhere in Australia? Katoomba sounds like an Aboriginal name.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

It’s the first thing that came to mind when reading OPs name. =)

And yes Zaxares good guess!

(edited by hellsmachine.4085)

Most stupid vista

ozmaniandevil.6805

Dredgehaunt Cliffs – Dostoev Sky Peak.

Nothing else in wvw (personally think all wvw vistas are easy – some are just a waiting game) or pve compares to this vista. Been ages since I’ve done it, and it’s the one that has stayed in my memory because of how horrible it is.

The number of times getting knocked off those platforms, or even finding the right path up to it… glad I never have to do it again!

For me this is a runner up to the one in WvW. Good call.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Beetletun. It’s nearly impossible.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

It has been a long time since i did my explorer(8x) and i no longer had any impression of any particular hard vista but i do have an area which i fail to discover how to access to.

The cliffs in iron marches near the fire shaman drakin cinderspire sometimes spawn platinum nodes but i have no idea how to reach it. I tried going from the waterfall and i even tried going from the branded zone further east but no path.

It not really a big deal but its bugging me. Do anyone have any ideas?

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

It has been a long time since i did my explorer(8x) and i no longer had any impression of any particular hard vista but i do have an area which i fail to discover how to access to.

The cliffs in iron marches near the fire shaman drakin cinderspire sometimes spawn platinum nodes but i have no idea how to reach it. I tried going from the waterfall and i even tried going from the branded zone further east but no path.

It not really a big deal but its bugging me. Do anyone have any ideas?

You move along the cliff to the west of it.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The one in Orr at the wizard’s tower. The leap onto narrow vine/coral after climbing almost to the top. That and the vista on the Breached Wall.

As you can tell, I’m not someone who is good at JPs.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I agree to the one in WvW thank god my zerg commander had a ton of people and a rocking Mesmer portal’ed me to it. I would have cried. Best night in WvW cause they knew I was Mapping and they steam rolled every point I needed.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The only stupid vistas in this game are the ones they didn’t put in Southsun.

Came here to say ^ this.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Hmm. If I recall correctly, that one would be reasonable for a mid-range jumping puzzle… but that’s a jumping puzzle. Bouncing from one thin cantilever beam to the next takes a lot of practice to be able to do consistently. Thanks to that Wintersday puzzle I got better at it… but I’m pretty sure more people just raged

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Hmm. If I recall correctly, that one would be reasonable for a mid-range jumping puzzle… but that’s a jumping puzzle. Bouncing from one thin cantilever beam to the next takes a lot of practice to be able to do consistently. Thanks to that Wintersday puzzle I got better at it… but I’m pretty sure more people just raged

Yea that one stuck me the first time I got world completion. Then again I was a Norn at the time. Next time I was a human and I think it took me only two tries to do it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Most stupid vista

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

I’m, not to toot my own horn, TOO good at jumping. I often escape maps without even realizing it because where I’m jumping looks and feels completely intended. In that way, every single PvE vista is pretty simple.

WvW, on the other hand, kills me (wow, much joke, so pun). I hate waiting for locations to be accessable to my server to be able to touch them, and especially the ones locked away within the individual keeps of EB. I, in fact, pay gems JUST to switch servers to get the kitten things. I have no patience to wait on server rotations. I came to play me some PvEs ;_;

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Snaketail Inlet Vista in Malchor’s Leap, Drowned Brine to be exact.
I hate that one, such a stupid jump.

Aww, mate. I spent an hour on one part of that jump and had to walk away for 1/2 a day before trying again for another 30 mins. It was death~ but strangely lingers in the memory as my most satisfying completion. It is always the way.

There is one almost vertical leap in the Fields of Gold in the cursed short which took forever too. It wasn’t dangerous, as such, as you didn’t fall yo your death or have to go back to the start, as you do in the Drowned Brine, but it seemed to have no logic. I only got it when I wasn’t even watching…That was really annoying.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Breached Wall- Diessa Plateau.
Dostoev Sky Peak is cake compared to this piece of torture

Hmm, stange – I found that one pretty easy just by doing the JP.

Same for green EB keep – personally found that one incredibly easy. Zoom close in to the character and those beam jumps are trivial.

Most stupid vista

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Any WvW vista

banished from time and space

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

They’ve both been mentioned but they bear repeating.

Dostoev Sky Peak was so annoying with all the knockbacks and the confusing route. Can’t count how many times I’d climb a tower, only to find myself 25ft from the vista but separated by an un-jumpable gap in the scaffolding.

Beeteltun vista is just dumb. It’s on the ground in a starter area that requires no fighting to get to and is never contested.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Most stupid vista

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malchor%27s_Fingers

This one drove me nuts for quite a while when trying to complete Malchor’s Leap. The zone doesnt unfog thru normal exploring, so you have to get lucky to know your last remaining vista is there.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Most stupid vista

ozmaniandevil.6805

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malchor%27s_Fingers

This one drove me nuts for quite a while when trying to complete Malchor’s Leap. The zone doesnt unfog thru normal exploring, so you have to get lucky to know your last remaining vista is there.

Oh ya, I had problem with this one as well. I think I ended up asking my guildies to help me out. I raged on that for quite a while, but with guild help and learning to slow down on my jumps I finally got it. But ya, that was a tough one.

The one someone else mentioned, in Cursed Shore, which is also a jumping puzzle, with a vet at the end of it, was also really tough. I had to watch video on it a couple time, and still took me a long time to finally get it. Since I’ve gotten it though, I have helped several other people with it. That feels good