Mounts

Mounts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

would be happy with removing waypoints and giving us mounts even if it was JUST a +33% speed boost( like Swiftness)

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Mounts

Posted by: hotobeseman.6358

hotobeseman.6358

no pls not this again.

Mounts

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

/15/15/15/15/15

Attachments:

The Burninator

Mounts

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Waypoints>mounts always and forever.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Mounts

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I have the perfect compromise idea. A gem store costume that makes you look like you are riding a mount. It will still be your legs running and your own profession’s speed boost. But the costume will look like you are riding a mount.

Attachments:

Mounts

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

mounts only for asurans, called charrs. specifically other characters charrs. and there’s no request either, an asuran can always jump on other charrs backs.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Mounts

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

would be happy with removing waypoints and giving us mounts even if it was JUST a +33% speed boost( like Swiftness)

I’d be happy with a 33% increase in waypoint costs just if someone with a red name comes in and says ’No mounts, not ever, not even after the heat death of the universe, times infinity."

Mounts

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

There will never be Mounts in Guild Wars, that’s why we have waypoints.

Mounts

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

…………………………………

Attachments:

Mounts

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

-1 to mounts. It isn’t about not wanting others to have mounts. It is the fact that mounts would be completely pointless and stupid in this game.

Mebbe the little tonic/gemstore consumable that makes it look like you have a mount, as per the pics above, would work though, and could potentially be amusing.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Mounts

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

-1 to mounts. It isn’t about not wanting others to have mounts. It is the fact that mounts would be completely pointless and stupid in this game.

Jokes aside, why would mounts be “pointless and stupid”? Fact is GW1 never had them but considering how much GW2 departed from the original concept why would adding mounts to the game like horses or moas be stupid?

Mounts

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

my original joke post aside, as a person that probably wouldn’t use a mount, I’m completely ok with them. I’d be against removing the wp system (at least completely) but aside from that, it’s not necessarily p2w and it could contribute to character diversity.

ts;dc +0.5

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Mounts

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Mounts, oh my can you image the gold sink potential? Stabling costs, gear, food and the training. I’ll keep WP’s thanks anyway.

Mounts

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

-1 please. Where do I click for that?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Mounts

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

-10,000,000. OMG, this AGAIN? NO to mounts. This is a WP system.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Mounts

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Maybe instead of mounts we could have tonics with permanent swiftness and maybe some boost skills.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Mounts

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Mounts? OK, but only if they look like this!

Mounts

Posted by: Oculus.5703

Oculus.5703

You mean more mounts, right?

Cause the gem store already has the Sonic Tunneling Tool and the Riding Broom mounts

Mounts

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Good. But does it beat this?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mounts

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

Good. But does it beat this?

Wow that really is a great mount. Definitely want that mount.

Mounts

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

No.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Mounts

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yes.

mounts are awesome

Mounts

Posted by: Unloveableone.6082

Unloveableone.6082

No.

Mounts

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

No.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Mounts

Posted by: Nassara.9154

Nassara.9154

I like mounts, they are a classic on the now days MMOs, but do not get me wrong I love the way point system which is pretty original and fits in the story, however.. makes little sense that any of this races has no actually domesticate any animal as mounts . I love the game as it is but I would totally vote +1 for mounts.

Mounts

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

yes to mounts.

so many selfish people who don’t want others to have mounts but don’t want their waypoints to get taken away

And…

yes.

mounts are awesome

Don’t think it helps if you say it more times… Trying to be a crowd by yourself?

Waypoints works as they are and if they where to be taken away storywise maby mounts would be needed but it would be a very bad decision from Anet since they control the story so they can make the story so they waypoints won’t all die. So if you think that “we” who don’t want mounts are selfish, what are those who wan’t the perfectly working Waypoints to be taken away and replaced by mounts?

Why I don’t want mounts?
They are not needed, we got waypoints.
They are not needed, we got sprint skills.
They will affect gameplay, becouse the mounts most people who wants mounts should have much higher speed and if they are supposed to replace waypoints they realy needs to have higher speed. Wich would in the end require you to have a mount and then how would WvW look like, there would have to be alot of new programming to do … Those who have 100% exploration on foot (Like me) have worked hard while with mounts it will be a rush and you will miss half of the scenery. People will rush more and miss alot of stuff. Instead of stopping and help people will just ride on by and don’t bother to help a fallen or falling player (I have seen it so many times in Lotro).
In fact I loathe pocket horses, where in the world do they pull out their horse from?

I have stated before what kind of mounts I would like for GW2 and that is like siegedevourers, golems, Bikes and other stuff that you can take from enemies and these things will have special skills made for that specific vehicle. If you leave map with them you will loose it, if it is destroyed you will loose it, If you waypoint with it you will loose it and so on.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Mounts

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

you mean i can’t reply to different people with the same opinion?

Mounts

Posted by: Invictus.5197

Invictus.5197

many games have way points and still have mounts
it wont cheepen gw2 to have them
there does not have to be mounted combat i personally hate it
but the collector factor is huge and the cash anet could make even bigger
i havent spent 1 dollar since paying for the game but if they added mounts tomorro in the gem store i would be buying them with gems paid for in cold hard cashhhhhhhhhh

+1000 for mounts all types plzzzzzz

3rd gen I5@3.8GHZ 660TI DC SOC
8gigs ddr3@1666mhz 1tb hd@7700rpm
win764bit home 750wht thermaltake psu

Mounts

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Shrug. The sheer entertainment value of watching a Dorito lead a zerg of cavalry off a cliff negates a lot of no votes, for me.

There is really no valid argument for “no mounts” but for some reason the topic is a knee jerk hot button here.

Amazing Tyria. Tanks, Airships, helicopters, matter transference, holograms and more. And not a single soul who looked at a pack dolyak and thought “I wonder if I could sit on that pack saddle”.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Mounts

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

no and always no i hate mounts in games always have always will.

Mounts

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

+100.000 to this kind of mounts

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Mounts

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Mordremoth poking the WPs, might be just a small update planned by ANet, which is done once Taimi makes her solution and applies.

Thus we still have waypoints, but something was changed…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Mounts

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

you mean i can’t reply to different people with the same opinion?

Oh I am sorry, my mistake. But…

Maby you should start to quote more so we can se who you reply to? The fist yes was just as yes as the second yes so to me it just looked wierd without any quote since it just looked like where saying yes again out in the air.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Mounts

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

There is really no valid argument for “no mounts” but for some reason the topic is a knee jerk hot button here.

A few reasons:

“This isn’t WoW.”
“Waypoints are good enough.”
“This is the n+15th thread on mounts, make it stop.”
“Mounts aren’t lore-appropriate.”
“Mounts would unbalance the game, especially WvW.”
“Frameratezerg omg mounts everywhere all the time annoying.”
“Mounts will be Gem Store and Pay-to-Win.” (It’s not pay to win. If you’re going to use that term, use it properly. -_-)

And so on. All of which are countered in one way or another. (Except the 3rd one. Really, can it please stop? :|) The terrain isn’t even well suited for mounts. Anyone who plays a Charr knows what I’m talking about. =P

I don’t mind the idea of mounts, but they aren’t necessary.

Would they be a fantastic gold sink? If done properly, yes.
Would they be useful in areas with frequently locked waypoints? Yes.
Would (some) people enjoy them? Sure!

Is it worth production cost to include them? ….eeeeh, maybe not.
Considering they can’t even get traits or Legendary crafting or Ascended crafting right, could we even trust them to get a mount system right?
No.
grumpycat.jpg

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Mounts

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

I have the perfect compromise idea. A gem store costume that makes you look like you are riding a mount. It will still be your legs running and your own profession’s speed boost. But the costume will look like you are riding a mount.

I sometimes wonder about the intelligence of the modern man.

And then I see kittening amazing suggestions like this and feel better. Haha

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

Mounts

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

WOW – this topic again? This has been discussed ad nauseum. No to mounts.

This is how this topic is….

Attachments:

Mounts

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Also, for those of you who are just dying for a mount…they do have the riding broom for gems. So it’s been implemented, just won’t get you anywhere faster. Now can we shut up about it already?

Mounts

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

“This isn’t WoW.”

WoW is by far not the only MMO using mounts so this argument is pretty ill informed.

Mounts

Dusty Moon.4382

“This isn’t WoW.”

WoW is by far not the only MMO using mounts so this argument is pretty ill informed.

So, if other MMO’s jump off a cliff, you want GW2 to do it also? I don’t care what other games have, I want what makes sense in this game. In the LS2 areas, mounts would be totally useless and I think that is why they were designed that way.

No to mounts. Can we have a mod close this thread as we have discussed to topic TOO MUCH already.

Mounts

Beldin.5498

“This isn’t WoW.”

But for some reasons it seems a lot of those “make this MMO exacly like the MMO i played before” thread are from ex WoW players.
Was the same in RIFT with “giff Damage-Meter” and “give Addons” and all that stuff.

And those players often also think that WoW was the first MMO ever and has invented everything .. heck even Tolkien has stolen the Orks from WoW.

Else we should normally not talk about WoW clones but about EQ clones, since WoW has stolen nearly everything from EQ .. even their devs for raids.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Mounts

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

Yes, but only bicycles:

Attachments:

Mounts

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

No please.
One of the reasons I bought this game was cuz there’s no mount.
Don’t want to use mount.
Also don’t want to see others use mount. It blocked my screen and annoy my eyes.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

Mounts

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Mounts would start to segregate players into haves and have-nots. The only way this can be avoided is stuff like the flying broom.

In other words, no to mounts

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Mounts

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Yes, but only bicycles:

NO…..POGO STICKS OR DIE!!!!!

(too soon?)

Attachments:

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Mounts

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Attachments:

Mounts

Posted by: Oculus.5703

Oculus.5703

I have an urge to buy one and ride it around yelling in /m ; anet put in mounts!!!!111!

Attachments:

Mounts

Dusty Moon.4382

I have an urge to buy one and ride it around yelling in /m ; anet put in mounts!!!!111!

Go ahead – other players can just put you on the ignore list and your protest is useless.

Mounts

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

Even if I kinda like mount it’s not gonna take place in gw2 for whatever reason the “community” have, but I’m 100% for a reduction of the number of WP(at least 1/3 of them) or an increase on WP cost.
If seeing someone on a mount ruins your immersion the effect of such a high amount of WP(zerging, training… ) does not leave place for it.

Mounts

Beldin.5498

Even if I kinda like mount it’s not gonna take place in gw2 for whatever reason the “community” have, but I’m 100% for a reduction of the number of WP(at least 1/3 of them) or an increase on WP cost.
If seeing someone on a mount ruins your immersion the effect of such a high amount of WP(zerging, training… ) does not leave place for it.

If i were a dev i would reduce the useable WPs and the cost of WPs especially for your account, just to make you happy.
Of course only for you and not for others because you didn’t posted that suggestion just to worsen the gameplay for others because they don’t want mounts .. right ?

Mounts

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

But for some reasons it seems a lot of those “make this MMO exacly like the MMO i played before” thread are from ex WoW players.
Was the same in RIFT with “giff Damage-Meter” and “give Addons” and all that stuff.

And those players often also think that WoW was the first MMO ever and has invented everything .. heck even Tolkien has stolen the Orks from WoW.

Else we should normally not talk about WoW clones but about EQ clones, since WoW has stolen nearly everything from EQ .. even their devs for raids.

Three responses to my previous, and this is the only one that gets it. =P
Highlighting common arguments does not endorse them, just sayin’.

And psh, WoW didn’t steal orcs from Tolkein. They stole them from Warhammer when Warhammer said “no thanks” to the developers. Bet they’re kicking themselves now, especially after Warhammer Online failed. Did that one have mounts? I don’t know, because it was so boring I never got past “Chapter 2.”

[/digress]

Anyway, it’s been in a dozen threads before as to the why and why not. GW2 doesn’t need them. No need for anti-othergame vitriol, the primary point is there.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632