Movement speed

Movement speed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Please up the base speed of every profession by 25% (read: Make Signet of the Hunt movement speed baseline across the board).

Moving around with normal speed feels incredibly slow.

Thanks.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Movement speed

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

inb4 mounts

Movement speed

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Every class has access to swiftness and level 80’s have access to food that let’s you stack minutes of swiftness.

Movement speed

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

inb4 mounts

[Whimsical Bridle of the SSD Mount: Increases your Waypointing speed by 310%]

Movement speed

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

If they need to do anything with movement speed, it’s to remove that incredibly stupid and pointless speed debuff when in combat. There is no logical reason why being in combat should reduce you to near walking speed.

Movement speed

Ayrilana.1396

If they need to do anything with movement speed, it’s to remove that incredibly stupid and pointless speed debuff when in combat. There is no logical reason why being in combat should reduce you to near walking speed.

Perhaps there is no debuff and that is the actual speed with there being a speed bonus if out of combat.

Movement speed

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Would be nice if every class has access to passive 25% movement speed.

Movement speed

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Perhaps there is no debuff and that is the actual speed with there being a speed bonus if out of combat.

That’s a rather semantic argument, but useless to the actual complaint.

There is a difference in speed between in- and out- of-combat states. Some people don’t like that difference.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Movement speed

Rauderi.8706

Would be nice if every class has access to passive 25% movement speed.

Most do, but some get it much simpler via signets, while some have to trait for it. Guardian and Mesmer get hurt the most for it.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Movement speed

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i agree all classes must have 25% speed boost early on

mesmer or eng are way to slow and thief get his 25% very late

Movement speed

Ayrilana.1396

There is a difference in speed between in- and out- of-combat states. Some people don’t like that difference.

Then they should remove the out of combat bonus (if they consider it one) that way there isn’t a disparity.

Movement speed

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

We have class´s for reason some have better speed other dont.

Movement speed

Rauderi.8706

Then they should remove the out of combat bonus (if they consider it one) that way there isn’t a disparity.

That’s a terrible idea. It would mess with WvW balance and PvP, making signets and Swiftness even more overpowered.

Many alts; handle it!

Movement speed

Ayrilana.1396

That’s a terrible idea. It would mess with WvW balance and PvP, making signets and Swiftness even more overpowered.

How so? They increase movement speed by a percentage and not by fixed units per sec.

I will clarify that I’m not saying that one of the other is correct. I haven’t seen a post from Anet stating one or the other so it could go either way. All I was trying to do was show another perspective on the movement speed and present the possibility that the speed from being out of combat may actually be a bonus.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)