Mystic Coins again

Mystic Coins again

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Flipping is an important part of the TP.

It’s also an innate problem with the current state of the TP, that is being abused by the minority.

So, why not fix said issue ?

How is it a problem?

How is flipping to manipulate market cost not a problem ?

Why is it that the most profitable way to play the game, is in playing the market and not the game itself. Had this discussion before, the trading post needs to be treated less like commodities exchange more like a centralized trade hub especially considering there is no point to point trade.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It’s also an innate problem with the current state of the TP, that is being abused by the minority.

How is it a problem?

Why is it that the most profitable way to play the game, is in playing the market and not the game itself. Had this discussion before, the trading post needs to be treated less like commodities exchange more like a centralized trade hub especially considering there is no point to point trade.

Every single player is now getting more gold for their Mystic Coins which they are given for free. That doesn’t sound like a problem to me.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mystic Coins again

TexZero.7910

How is it a problem?

Every single player is now getting more gold for their Mystic Coins which they are given for free. That doesn’t sound like a problem to me.

Implying every single player is selling them which is part of the problem.

If everyone was selling the market would bottom out at the 2 silver mark they used to be. Though that issue was due to the surplus being generated which was fixed by removing them from the daily and monthly rewards and by adding more sinks for them in new legendaries / recipes.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: General Rookie.5973

General Rookie.5973

Most of this price increase revolves around players that are pushing the value up due to the players willingness to pay more. If players are willing to pay more for an item, it’s going to keep increasing until eventually it hits a ceiling for the commodity. We’ve seen the same thing occur with numerous commodities over time.

Right now there is a consistent supply of mystic coins entering the game (way more than are being consumed) and churning through the trading post at a very slow rate. Most of the coins on the market are ones that have been flipped.

In retrospect, this is actually causing the daily login reward to be worth significantly more to players who wish to convert mystic coins to gold.

Chris, the economy is getting out of hand. Casual players like myself are being left behind, unable to fully enjoy game content. You NEED to consider all players, not just full timers playing 4-8 hours a day. Casual players want to craft stuff too. Casual players want to get into fractals and Raids too. I cant earn enough gold to enjoy this game anymore.

This is the only game I’ve ever played that made me feel bad when I play I ‘feel’ poor which is a horrible feeling. Too much pressure to earn gold. I feel a pressure to grind gold 6 out 7 days a week. I cant “earn” anything. I can only grind gold and buy materials at inflated prices. Guild Wars 2 feels like work now. Actually, its worse than real work cause I get nothing tangible like money. Arena Net’s screwing around with drop rates and recipes has been a disaster for casual and new player. I don’t have hope either. I dont think I’ll be logging in anymore. Womp Womp.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Most of this price increase revolves around players that are pushing the value up due to the players willingness to pay more. If players are willing to pay more for an item, it’s going to keep increasing until eventually it hits a ceiling for the commodity. We’ve seen the same thing occur with numerous commodities over time.

Right now there is a consistent supply of mystic coins entering the game (way more than are being consumed) and churning through the trading post at a very slow rate. Most of the coins on the market are ones that have been flipped.

In retrospect, this is actually causing the daily login reward to be worth significantly more to players who wish to convert mystic coins to gold.

Chris, the economy is getting out of hand. Casual players like myself are being left behind, unable to fully enjoy game content. You NEED to consider all players, not just full timers playing 4-8 hours a day. Casual players want to craft stuff too. Casual players want to get into fractals and Raids too. I cant earn enough gold to enjoy this game anymore.

This is the only game I’ve ever played that made me feel bad when I play I ‘feel’ poor which is a horrible feeling. Too much pressure to earn gold. I feel a pressure to grind gold 6 out 7 days a week. I cant “earn” anything. I can only grind gold and buy materials at inflated prices. Guild Wars 2 feels like work now. Actually, its worse than real work cause I get nothing tangible like money. Arena Net’s screwing around with drop rates and recipes has been a disaster for casual and new player. I don’t have hope either. I dont think I’ll be logging in anymore. Womp Womp.

Exaggerate much? Mystic coins are not even as much as t6 blood and you need them only in small quantities for the casual skins.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Players can get obsidian shards from there at a rate of 1 commendation for 5 shards. Sometimes the large bag is available letting you get 10 shards per commendation. I don’t see anyone making a fuss about them being available from a guild vendor.

Not every system added will be available to all players. If it were map rewards then players who don’t have the time to farm events would be left out. It also doesn’t help that the coins would likely not be that plentiful to begin with or as frequently available.

Anyone can be a member of a guild that does guild missions. It’s just one other source that can affect a larger percentage of the playerbase while giving them another reason to do guild missions.

It also allows players to get more mystic coins than from map rewards or increased daily frequency. There are several timegated in place to prevent a sudden flooding of the market and we can be sure that there will be future recipes that require them putting a strain on supply. If the price drops too much, Anet just has to release a new recipe for a skin that requires 50-100 mystic coins.

Oby shards are available everywhere. It’s a waste of commendations to buy them. I horfed up 200k karma on a whim to buy them. Oby shards are not equivalent.

Just because guilds are available, it doesn’t mean that’s a good place to put that extra content. A person who can’t do map rewards isn’t going to have time for guild missions either.
“Okay everyone here? Bob’s not here. Let’s wait for Bob.”
“brbbio”
“Ready check?”
“Okay, at trek location, anyone else showing up? I’ll wait.”
“Is everyone done with race? No, okay every help with race.”

Missions are not as fast as you think them to be.

Mystic Coins would be better served in a more generalized location. Laurel, Pact, Karma vendors, whatever. Even as map rewards, it would serve the population better as a windfall to everyone participating than locking it behind guild membership. Not a terribly difficult lock, honestly, but there are a lot of guilds that just aren’t.. good. I’m lucky I found a few that are pleasant and drama free.

As I stated before, guild missions take about an 1-1.5 hours to do and you get 12-15 commendations. How long does it take to complete one full cycle of map rewards? You’d probably only have like 3 or so coins available per cycle.

The problem with what you’re suggesting is that you will flood the supply with them.

Don’t quibble just to quibble. I already said a once/day purchase, so please actually read.

Where the details differ is in the currency. I’d actually be leery of having Mystic Coins as map rewards, there are several other currencies available to all players, and that’s what should be used to promote extra purchases.

Noted above, Chris has a strong point and some internal data to back it up. Which means it’s likely ANet is going to do some further data collection and decide what to do from there.

I enjoy the high price of mystic coins

I’ll admit to being selfish here. I sell more coins than I use, so I’m not exactly eager to lower their value. [/disclaimer]

Still, we could stand to have a secondary, limited acquisition system in place. As it is right now, we get 20/month. That alone has me re-thinking any sort of vendor purchase, even with daily purchase controls.

A psychologist would be giddy over this instant- versus delayed-gratification scenario..

- A tradable item that every player basically has equal access to, regardless of skill level
- Said item gives no real mechanical advantage, only used in luxury/vanity crafting
- Only two acquisition methods – the slow faucet (free) or the trading post (market value)

The price is what it is because everyone has the same slow but reliable access, some players must have it all RIGHT THIS BLOODY INSTANT, and some others see this as an opportunity to profit off of group A’s indifference and group B’s impatience. A unloads an otherwise worthless item for gold, B gets the latest greatest shiny, and C reminds us of something about fools and their money.

Somewhere out there, John Smith is giggling and adding another chapter to his book.

/2copperstakeitorleaveit

That’s the basics of it, is it not? :P

The sudden siphoning of coins isn’t entirely cosmetic, as Legendary weapons and the elite spec Ascended require them, and those are best-in-slot gear. Not to say you can’t get BiS by other means, but it does have a mild power component.

If people need more coins they should buy more accounts. I got 30 accounts so I produce way more coins than I can use for myself

and how long does it take you to log in to 30 accounts?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Exaggerate much? Mystic coins are not even as much as t6 blood and you need them only in small quantities for the casual skins.

On top of that, if anything, it is the casual players who are earning more than before due to mystic coin inflation. Most casuals, I’d imagine, don’t use their mystic coins in recipes.

NSPride <3

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

How is it a problem?

If everyone was selling the market would bottom out at the 2 silver mark they used to be. Though that issue was due to the surplus being generated which was fixed by removing them from the daily and monthly rewards and by adding more sinks for them in new legendaries / recipes.

Implying nothing. Every single player can now sell them for more gold per coin. Some players choose not to sell. Some players choose not to wait and pay a premium for saving time. Instant Gratification is the driving force behind all virtual economies. The price isn’t high because of any problem, it is high because many players want their item right now.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’d be using a whole lot more mystic coins if they weren’t so expensive….

That might be part of the reason ANet is comfortable with the current prices. These are used in the mystic forge to produce luxury items, so they represent an interesting way to allow small portions of wealth to switch from the 10% to the 90%.

Trust me…I know. I’ve made both shoulders (Wintersday & Halloween) plus 12 legendaries and have plans to make others. I’ve also done all of the specialization weapon collections which means I made all the mystic weapons I was missing. I’m out of mystic coins and need more before I can make the other things I want. I don’t want to pay current TP prices and as such I’m stalled or forced to pay more than I think I should for them. I can’t force people to lower the price so I either pay the price or don’t buy them…so right now I don’t buy them.

Mystic Coins again

Malediktus.9250

Players can get obsidian shards from there at a rate of 1 commendation for 5 shards. Sometimes the large bag is available letting you get 10 shards per commendation. I don’t see anyone making a fuss about them being available from a guild vendor.

Not every system added will be available to all players. If it were map rewards then players who don’t have the time to farm events would be left out. It also doesn’t help that the coins would likely not be that plentiful to begin with or as frequently available.

Anyone can be a member of a guild that does guild missions. It’s just one other source that can affect a larger percentage of the playerbase while giving them another reason to do guild missions.

It also allows players to get more mystic coins than from map rewards or increased daily frequency. There are several timegated in place to prevent a sudden flooding of the market and we can be sure that there will be future recipes that require them putting a strain on supply. If the price drops too much, Anet just has to release a new recipe for a skin that requires 50-100 mystic coins.

Oby shards are available everywhere. It’s a waste of commendations to buy them. I horfed up 200k karma on a whim to buy them. Oby shards are not equivalent.

Just because guilds are available, it doesn’t mean that’s a good place to put that extra content. A person who can’t do map rewards isn’t going to have time for guild missions either.
“brbbio”
“Ready check?”

Mystic Coins would be better served in a more generalized location. Laurel, Pact, Karma vendors, whatever. Even as map rewards, it would serve the population better as a windfall to everyone participating than locking it behind guild membership. Not a terribly difficult lock, honestly, but there are a lot of guilds that just aren’t.. good. I’m lucky I found a few that are pleasant and drama free.

As I stated before, guild missions take about an 1-1.5 hours to do and you get 12-15 commendations. How long does it take to complete one full cycle of map rewards? You’d probably only have like 3 or so coins available per cycle.

The problem with what you’re suggesting is that you will flood the supply with them.

Don’t quibble just to quibble. I already said a once/day purchase, so please actually read.

Where the details differ is in the currency. I’d actually be leery of having Mystic Coins as map rewards, there are several other currencies available to all players, and that’s what should be used to promote extra purchases.

Noted above, Chris has a strong point and some internal data to back it up. Which means it’s likely ANet is going to do some further data collection and decide what to do from there.

I’ll admit to being selfish here. I sell more coins than I use, so I’m not exactly eager to lower their value. [/disclaimer]

Still, we could stand to have a secondary, limited acquisition system in place. As it is right now, we get 20/month. That alone has me re-thinking any sort of vendor purchase, even with daily purchase controls.

A psychologist would be giddy over this instant- versus delayed-gratification scenario..

- A tradable item that every player basically has equal access to, regardless of skill level
- Said item gives no real mechanical advantage, only used in luxury/vanity crafting
- Only two acquisition methods – the slow faucet (free) or the trading post (market value)

The price is what it is because everyone has the same slow but reliable access, some players must have it all RIGHT THIS BLOODY INSTANT, and some others see this as an opportunity to profit off of group A’s indifference and group B’s impatience. A unloads an otherwise worthless item for gold, B gets the latest greatest shiny, and C reminds us of something about fools and their money.

Somewhere out there, John Smith is giggling and adding another chapter to his book.

/2copperstakeitorleaveit

The sudden siphoning of coins isn’t entirely cosmetic, as Legendary weapons and the elite spec Ascended require them, and those are best-in-slot gear. Not to say you can’t get BiS by other means, but it does have a mild power component.

If people need more coins they should buy more accounts. I got 30 accounts so I produce way more coins than I can use for myself

20min per day if i dont get too distracted by other stuff

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Or annoyingly expensive for those wanting to use them in order to reach specific goals. Just a matter of perception really.

I wonder them not being consumed having to do anything with not having enough, rising prices
and perceived scarcity.

Stupid flipping players. :p

clearly it’s not “annoyingly” expensive if people are willing to pay that price, in a player market the prices are controlled by the players, so if players are willing to pay an arm and a leg, people will put it up for that much. one person not buying won’t stop the other people with excess gold from buying them up.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

if casual players want to craft legendaries, you have the legendary journies, this game is the most casual friendly mmo I’ve ever seen, you don’t NEED all the super high level stuff to progress, you can do fractals in all rare/masterwork for the first 20 levels if you want, what point are you trying to get across? the drop rates for the super rare and epic stuff need to be low so that there’s an incentive for the people who play more often.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Over 300$ in accounts. Yeesh. Grats.

I really am kicking myself over not buying an extra 10$ account for the benefits, though.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You seem to have it exactly backwards. The current rate of mystic coin acquisition is made entirely FOR casual players. Not only do you now get 60g a month from doing a 5 minute daily, you also get 20g a month in mystic coins. This means you are getting 80g a month just for logging in. That is 1 ascended piece of equipment every month, no effort. In 8 months you will have the best gear in the game without having to ever upgrade your gear ever again. And that is just from logging in, you don’t even need to play the game.

This means as a casual player you can save 100% of what you earn from playing the game to put towards skins and luxury items. It literally couldn’t be any easier to earn money in the game currently. Rich players are giving away their money for skins not made for casual players. You can get 95% of the skins in the game, the best equipment in the game and all the content just by logging in and selling what is being given to you for free.

Mystic Coins again

TexZero.7910

How is it a problem?

Implying nothing. Every single player can now sell them for more gold per coin. Some players choose not to sell. Some players choose not to wait and pay a premium for saving time. Instant Gratification is the driving force behind all virtual economies. The price isn’t high because of any problem, it is high because many players want their item right now.

Yeah, gee heaven forbid people want something now in a game.
The driving problem with virtual economies is they try to mimic real life ones, which has never proven to be healthy for any game. Sometimes i do wonder if the “economist” do realize this simple principal.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Trust me…I know. I’ve made both shoulders (Wintersday & Halloween) plus 12 legendaries and have plans to make others. I’ve also done all of the specialization weapon collections which means I made all the mystic weapons I was missing. I’m out of mystic coins and need more before I can make the other things I want. I don’t want to pay current TP prices and as such I’m stalled or forced to pay more than I think I should for them. I can’t force people to lower the price so I either pay the price or don’t buy them…so right now I don’t buy them.

Wow… that admission of how many mystic-coin required items you’ve crafted just astounds me.

I guess I’ve always perceived Mystic Coins from another perspective… that there’s a ton of high-end luxury items that use ‘em to craft, sure.. but the coins I’ve accumulated over my time playing will only net me a few, once I decide from the plethora of recipes what I want to create. That they’re for the special small handful of items that mean a lot more to me because I picked ’em out from all my options.

If crafting all that and more is your thing, more power to ya’. But, I can’t fathom how you and others don’t expect/accept to pay a premium to do so.

~EW

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

“brbbio”
“Ready check?”

/2copperstakeitorleaveit

So I take it that you make over 2K gold per month from all of your accounts by simply logging in every day?

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Shiera.3152

Shiera.3152

I feel I should point out here that there are uses for Mystic coins other than legendaries and ‘Skins’. One which is actually useful.

Agony Infusions.

As somebody who is trying to up their daily fractal level I am trying to give one of my characters a full set of Agony Infusions, since I want to perfect my stats I’m going for the Mystic Forge Infusions (Resilient and Malign Infusions) rather than the ones bought with Laurels or fractal relics or WvW tokens.

All the other ingredients for the infusions can be farmed, I have tons of them, but Mystic Coins are the one thing holding me back from my full infusion set.

I have run out of my accumulated Mystic Coins required for the infusions, as a full set would take 6 (armour) + 6 (trinkets) + 4 (2 per weapon set) = 16 Infusions per equipment set.
At 20 Mystic coins per infusion that’s 320 Mystic Coins for a full set of Infusions – I just didn’t have that many stored up.

What was it: we get 20 per month?
So I am expected to wait 16 months just to play higher level fractals with my desired infusions, is that it?
Or do I just ‘get by’ with less than ideal infusions (for me) because I’m forced to wait for my Mystic Coins from my log-in rewards?

If I play my way I’m being limited in my ability to play end-game content (fractals).. or I’m being FORCED to buy them off the tp? This is why they need to be changed, because neither of those are good options.

Either way I guess I’ll be back in a year … I’m looking forward to some high level fractals! They must have some really good rewards to justify them :-)
But seriously … recently I have taken to just running fractals without sufficient agony resistance, and hoping my party doesn’t mind/notice. I’ve already done levels above fotm80. I remember doing fotm 74 with 36AR, it was fine, but I’m sure it would have been better if I actually had enough Mystic Coins to make some infusions…

A simple Vabbian who mainly does World Boss tours. I go by Shiera or Arisais.
I used to like to scout in WvW before the participation changes.
Also a Skritt-like hoarder of shinies.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Haha, I only have 2 accounts but I’m too lazy to log on my 2nd one… XD

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: SgtWantCuddles.5284

SgtWantCuddles.5284

I feel I should point out here that there are uses for Mystic coins other than legendaries and ‘Skins’. One which is actually useful.

Agony Infusions.

As somebody who is trying to up their daily fractal level I am trying to give one of my characters a full set of Agony Infusions, since I want to perfect my stats I’m going for the Mystic Forge Infusions (Resilient and Malign Infusions) rather than the ones bought with Laurels or fractal relics or WvW tokens.
[snip]
If I play my way I’m being limited in my ability to play end-game content (fractals).. or I’m being FORCED to buy them off the tp? This is why they need to be changed, because neither of those are good options.

First off, you’re limiting yourself, because you will need 7 versatile simple infusions in all your gear, not +5AR/5stat. If you have Resilient/Malign in all your gear, you will be down by 28 AR (6 armor slots, 2 slots per weapon set, 6 for back/rings/accessories) and the only way to get to 150AR would be to take from the agony slots in your backpiece and rings. And +16s are WAY more expensive than +11s.

Second, not having +90 of a stat is hardly limiting your ability to play end-game content. Food buff + fractal potions + a combat booster or two if you feel like you need it for the higher levels.

All that said, I’d be happy to see the ability to spend relics/pristine relics on turning 7 simple infusions into +7AR/7stat…

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

The price is what it is because everyone has the same slow but reliable access, some players must have it all RIGHT THIS BLOODY INSTANT

As opposed to waiting 2 years to get enough through dailies for an HoT legendary. Yeah, that’s some delayed gratification issue right there.

A+ argument.

Not.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

At least give us a choice of getting mystic coin from monthly reward rather than some useless kittens.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

That might be part of the reason ANet is comfortable with the current prices. These are used in the mystic forge to produce luxury items, so they represent an interesting way to allow small portions of wealth to switch from the 10% to the 90%.

It is an interesting way to allow some wealth redistribution except that Chris said

giving them value for logins (where the redistribution would come from) appears to be a happy coincidence and not the design. He also says

Most of the coins on the market are ones that have been flipped.

In other words, if I buy a stack of coins on the market currently, “most” of them will be ones that have been flipped, thus currently owned by the ones doing flipping and not the players on the lower end of the wealth spectrum. Sure, It gives some small amount of income per month from mystic coins to those selling them but, come on, 20 coins per month at 50s each is 10g. Thats not really significant to someone who logs in every day which you must do to gain the 20 coins/month. And, no, it wouldnt be too aweful for me to buy the coins I would want to use. However, if there was a more reliable purposeful way to get them, I would use thousands in the next couple months. I dont want to be that big a part of the problem. I mean, I have had everything for HOPE sitting on an alt for 5 months, just hanging out, waiting on mystic coins. I have enough ascended materials for Nevermore, Astralaria, Bolt, Incinerator, and probably one more wood based one. I would start farming flax for nightfury (which I have all the event items for) and there are multiple exotics I want to make. But the current implementation of mystic coins is making me look at these things and go “meh” because I am not interested in handing some rich player now, 125-250 gold per item depending on which item it is.

The issue is that there is absolutely no way for the casual players (I have a full time job, I have 1 account, and I dont play 8 hours a day flipping on the TP) to offset the fact that such a large majority of the coins actually in circulation are owned and, basically according to Chris, have their prices manipulated by people who have no intention to actually use them (most coins are ones that have been flipped).

In a real economy, speculators fill a role in the economy by leveling prices over time to ensure that resources arent wasted when there are too many and are still there when there are too few. Also, as prices rise on a commodity, it pushes people to find ways of increasing the supply (but coins have a fixed influx) or to find alternatives to that resource to accomplish the same thing (innovation doesnt work in a game outside of forum requests, which is where we are now).

(edited by That Guy.5704)

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Supply is good just buy it with buy orders and price will fall down,(flippers make gold by buying them with orders and then sell it to players that dont use buy order).

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Supply is good just buy it with buy orders and price will fall down,(flippers make gold by buying them with orders and then sell it to players that dont use buy order).

Incorrect, flippers make money by buying in bulk using their mass of wealth and then reselling higher. A low buy order isn’t going to change anything because that isn’t how prices work, in order to lower prices supply needs to be dumped into the market and power traders aren’t about to do that.

All in all its another anet policy that harms new players and lower end players while making the rich richer.

Mystic Coins again

Killface.1896

Incorrect, flippers make money by buying in bulk using their mass of wealth and then reselling higher. A low buy order isn’t going to change anything because that isn’t how prices work, in order to lower prices supply needs to be dumped into the market and power traders aren’t about to do that.

All in all its another anet policy that harms new players and lower end players while making the rich richer.

Power buyers are still buying the fresh coins and reselling them,if you do buyorders that are not profitable you will get cheaper new coins and get the price lower at the same time as power trader cant resell them and keep price up

Mystic Coins again

Malediktus.9250

“brbbio”
“Ready check?”

/2copperstakeitorleaveit

So I take it that you make over 2K gold per month from all of your accounts by simply logging in every day?

Not sure how much exactly since prices for things are changing all the time, but it is definitely over 1k gold for little effort. The accounts all celebrated their first birthday already and I only missed like 2 or 3 days logging in, so it was worth the money to buy them.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Major Domo.9250

Major Domo.9250

The price is what it is because everyone has the same slow but reliable access, some players must have it all RIGHT THIS BLOODY INSTANT

As opposed to waiting 2 years to get enough through dailies for an HoT legendary. Yeah, that’s some delayed gratification issue right there.

A+ argument.

Not.

Scenario: If the HoT legendaries required 250 laurels to craft, that would be a serious problem. But with the coins being tradable, the majority (estimate?) of players that don’t want a legendary are free to sell them to those that do.

Considering the total cost of crafting materials for these things, the mystic coins are only a tiny fraction – Like dropping $200k for a Ferrari then complaining most loudly about the cost of gasoline.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

A+ argument.

Not.

Scenario: If the HoT legendaries required 250 laurels to craft, that would be a serious problem. But with the coins being tradable, the majority (estimate?) of players that don’t want a legendary are free to sell them to those that do.

Considering the total cost of crafting materials for these things, the mystic coins are only a tiny fraction – Like dropping $200k for a Ferrari then complaining most loudly about the cost of gasoline.

Most players when they think long term goals for a game, don’t think 2+ years unless they’re super super casual and know they won’t play the game long enough at each session for enough days to make anything less than 2 years reasonable.

But for the average player who doesn’t want to buy anything and do it all by themselves, 2+ years to get enough mystic coins is a bit ridiculous.

That doesn’t mean they need to become as common as they were before the change. They could put it as one of the monthly options to get more coins. Or up the frequency of daily forger or increase the quantities received from daily forger or from the mystic coin daily rewards. Or add it as a rare drop from map completion like BLTC keys (add it to it, not reduce the chances of getting a key) – like if you have a 5% chance of getting a key, you now have 5% of getting a key and 95% to get a transmutation charge, 5% of getting a mystic coin, 90% to get a transmutation charge.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think it’s fine if some people are deciding to unlock fewer luxury skins due to the higher costs.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Saying you don’t need a cosmetic item in a game that was specifically marketed as a horizontal progression game where cosmetics are the goal is kind of a ridiculous statement to make, that on top of my previous post makes Cleary’s response a direct insult to the community.

Actually, from what I gathered, Cleary’s post is saying “Supply still grossly exceeds the demand. The current TP prices are a bubble sustained by people willing to feed it.”

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Do something against it, it’s horrible really. it 66 fold in price for kitten’s sake!

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Mystic Coins again

Malediktus.9250

Do something against it, it’s horrible really. it 66 fold in price for kitten’s sake!

The price is fine, adds value to the exotic and legendary skins. I do not want to see another case of resonating slivers (what a joke they did here, 19c per sliver is less than it would have been if they never fixed the dupe)

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

There’s probably a thread already out there but this is absolutely irritating regarding the lack of Mystic Coins… lowest I’ve seen 12.2k in supply and it irks me so.

I remember when they used to be no more than 10 silver years ago, was it even that much? Sheesh. What happened… why is nothing being done to implement an adequate system that rewards us with these?

Suggestions:

• Mystic Coin Reward Track
  • Completing certain events rewards Mystic Coins
  • Up the amount we receive via log-in rewards VASTLY

I gladly enjoy crafting infusions for my asc gear or forging things with these items but when I have to buy STACKS of them it adds up and it’s not fun, not anymore.

Thoughts?

EDIT: grammar

Attachments:

(edited by Zephyra.4709)

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I wish I could spend my useless karma on them.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Buy cloth gloves from heart vendor. Mystic Forge them. Salvage then sell. Then you can buy them.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Buy cloth gloves from heart vendor. Mystic Forge them. Salvage then sell. Then you can buy them.

Sounds far too tedious.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

You have to buy stacks of nearly everything to make ascended and legendary items. This is no different. Farm something else, sell it and use that gold to buy mystic coins. That’s how the TP works.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Sounds far too tedious.

Well, you’re welcome for the tip anyway. o7

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Having multiple accounts when gw2 went on sale for $10 helps to get more coins, so far hording 5 stacks through dailies

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I already brought this up 3 weeks ago

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mystic-Coins-again/first

The dev that replied basically said the prices is due to TP flippers and players willingness to pay the prices that flippers are setting, so suck it up basically, and they aren’t going to do anything about it.

If you read the topic, you can easily spot the players who flip on the TP vs those who don’t,

Long story short, the price will continue to rise.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you are willing to buy them the price will rise. If you aren’t they will stop selling and the price will fall. Only you can control what you buy and at what price. There are plenty of coins out there, but people are willing to pay more and more for them.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I get a bunch from doing T4 fractals. T4 fractals are the only thing keeping their supply actually managable.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Visit these guys every day to spent your Karma
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent and buy Pact Scout’s Mapping Materials from each one. Then go to a map to collect the bonus you want want or save then up and cash in on the good ones. Ka-ching

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: LolinaOtone.4196

LolinaOtone.4196

I was going to craft my first things with them soon. For example complet my “wild abandon” and carft my first legy after 7 months of playing. (giving my boyfriend 50 of my coins to help him with his legy, now seems like a big mistake, which it shouldn’t…)
But it’s nice to see, that Anet is not concerned about the fact that, with the current supply, only 22 Hot legys and 44 old legys can be crafted anymore.

It’s not about those flipper (and the ppl that buy from them instead of listing their bid for 25s), but about how I can achive my goals, without having to wait 10 years.

I’m not one of the ppl that wants their stuff instant, I am willing to “work” for my goals, cause this game is fun, BUT if I have to rely on OTHER ppl to achive MY goals… the fun ends… cause the result can be seen with the price spike on the mystic coins…
Some rich players steps in, thinks he can control the market and the others can adjust to those rich guys…no thanks

And if the only way I can control MY goals is to buy 5 more GW2 accs (three months to craft a legy through the collection), well…
I’d gladly do that instead of feeding those greedy flippers. (time to save that money)

Mystic Coins again

Sartharina.3542

I get a bunch from doing T4 fractals. T4 fractals are the only thing keeping their supply actually managable.

Actually, the supply is very large. They just happen to be spread across the ENTIRE player base, and in a Flipper-empowered bubble on the TP. And people willing to pay the flipper’s prices. The way to lower the prices is to not buy the flips.

Mystic Coins again

Killface.1896

Anet just need to add one in each grand chest@AB and problem solved

Mystic Coins again

Sartharina.3542

I was going to craft my first things with them soon. For example complet my “wild abandon” and carft my first legy after 7 months of playing.
But it’s nice to see, that Anet is not concerned about the fact that, with the current supply, only 22 Hot legys and 44 old legys can be crafted anymore.

Only 22-44 legendaries can be crafted at a time. But there is a constant inflow of supply as well. And that doesn’t indicate how many are being hoarded.

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: LolinaOtone.4196

LolinaOtone.4196

That’s why I said supply ^^ I don’t mean the ones hoarded by flippers and ppl not realizing you can sell them, those don’t help any player that works for his stuff, when coins start to cost 1g soon. Cause those aren’t available to anyone and not in the pool of supply for ppl that need them.

Ppl save a lot of money too and just it’s existenz doesn’t help the economy ;D It has to be in the flow. Same thing here. And if ppl start hoarding stuff that should be in a constant flow, someone has to do something about it. (something apart from “don’t buy it, then it gets cheaper”, cause the a few rich flippers, could always hold the price at a very high level, FORCING others to adapt to them)

(edited by LolinaOtone.4196)

Mystic Coins again

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Legendaries shouldn’t be cheap, quick, nor easy to make. MC prices and availability are just fine; they reflect that concept.

/unpopularopinion

~EW