Unidentified gear - Please No, No, No, Nooooo

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Wow. If there was something this game did NOT need it was more clicking in relation to loot. Even if the drop rates for anything actually desirable go up the tiny fraction there is room for without devaluing too many things thought desirable now, IDing loot is simply going to be another chore. The game already has too many chores.

Please rethink this. More fun. Less chores.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Havent had a pre cursor drop in the last 3 years, first 2 years of game I had 3 drop, so right now I do not even think about them dropping, nothing that drops in this game is exciting to me, loot is just trash, even at max magic find nothing is ever exciting when it comes to loot dropping, therefore I will happily salvage all unidentified gear and save myself a lot of time, because after all, time = gold.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I don’t need to save bag space. I have plenty of bags.

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

I really like this feature and I hope they keep it in the game.

Maybe they’ll add another gemstore item to allow people to identify gear anywhere, but I don’t mind. Completing the heart at the Amnoon Oasis is a matter of maybe 3-5 minutes and I’m pretty sure once the game is life, you’re going to at least do one heart a day somewhere anyways, so there’ll always be a merchant to identify gear at.
Besides, I’m pretty sure that precursors won’t drop from these items. I’ve identified at least 250 items so far and the only exotic items I’ve gotten are the exotic sunspear weapons. Rare items have also always been sunspear weapons.

Another thing to remember is that this is just a demo and a lot of things can change. We don’t know everything there is to know about this feature, so we shouldn’t be too quick to judge. Save your outcries of frustration and despair for after September 22nd ;3

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Another thing to remember is that this is just a demo and a lot of things can change. We don’t know everything there is to know about this feature, so we shouldn’t be too quick to judge. Save your outcries of frustration and despair for after September 22nd ;3

Wrong. A very important part of the demo/beta experience is for customers to provide feedback. If there is something they see in the demo they like or do not like they very much should state it well before launch. This will give Anet a chance to evaluate the feedback and see if they should consider making any changes before launch day.

The Burninator

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

WTF? Does it cost money to ID loot now? Really?

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

Wrong. A very important part of the demo/beta experience is for customers to provide feedback. If there is something they see in the demo they like or do not like they very much should state it well before launch. This will give Anet a chance to evaluate the feedback and see if they should consider making any changes before launch day.

How valuable can feedback be if we as a player base cannot fully comprehend the extent of a feature we’re criticising? Coming across a feature and then “freaking out about it” without fully understanding it, isn’t good feedback.

All I’m saying is, people should be more cautious and keep in mind that there might be more to it than what we’ve seen so far in the demo.

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

How valuable can feedback be if we as a player base cannot fully comprehend the extent of a feature we’re criticising? Coming across a feature and then “freaking out about it” without fully understanding it, isn’t good feedback.

All I’m saying is, people should be more cautious and keep in mind that there might be more to it than what we’ve seen so far in the demo.

True, anet hasn’t added that gem store identifying kit yet.

JustTrogdor.7892

Because it let’s Anet know what people do and do not like about the feature as it is seen and comprehended by what is made available in the demo. That is valuable feedback. I don’t see much “freaking out” in this thread. I see a discussion on why some people like the feature as presented in the demo and some people do not. A discussion of the perceived benefits as well as the perceived negatives. It really isn’t a hard system to comprehend as is exits in the demo, you either salvage your unidentified loot or go to a heart vendor and pay to see what your loot is. People are simply stating what they like or do not like about the current presentation. There have even been some good suggestions on how to improve it without getting rid of it entirely like marking unidentified loot by rarity so players can better decide if they should salvage or pay to open it. If people held their feedback off until after launch day as you suggested we might see another HoT fiasco which I think is something Anet is really trying to avoid this time.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Excellent Name.9574

Excellent Name.9574

Yes, it costs roughly 2 times the average value of a salvaged item. 1,68 silver.

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

What a petty thing to complain about.

It saves space in inventory, meaning that bag space isn’t as premium as before; and it’s a gold sink to help with the current low value of gold. It’s barely an inconvenience, you babies.

How is it petty? Now we have to pay to have our items identified in addition to paying for them to be salvaged. If we don’t, we lose out on potentially valuable items, exotics, precursors. Also now we could be possibly losing gold identifying items and salvaging them.

I’ve never had issue with bag space, even with some of my alts that are using 30+ slots and don’t have any additional bags. I don’t understand how anyone does unless they’re filling 3/4 of their inventory with stupid crap.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: Myrdreth.6829

Myrdreth.6829

Yes, it costs roughly 2 times the average value of a salvaged item. 1,68 silver.

That’s the only issue I have with that new feature.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

That’s the only issue I have with that new feature.

on top of costing silver to id an item you also need to go a heart vendor who will then id it for you :> so that’s not only the cost of the id that matters but the fact that you have to unlock a heart vendor to id at all is what i hate about it..

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The “Unidentified Gear” feels like an intended replacement for all the bags people keep complaining about.

It’s either your inventory getting filled up super fast, Anet making even blues and greens super uncommon drops to prevent the first issue, or some variation of the unidentified gear / gear bags.

Those are your only options, really.

Honestly, I like the new outcome, but I feel it should replace all gear drops so I can break the habit of hitting “salvage all” with the unidentified gear in my inventory faster. I would accept only gear bag drops too though.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

The “Unidentified Gear” feels like an intended replacement for all the bags people keep complaining about.

It’s either your inventory getting filled up super fast, Anet making even blues and greens super uncommon drops to prevent the first issue, or some variation of the unidentified gear / gear bags.

Those are your only options, really.

Honestly, I like the new outcome, but I feel it should replace all gear drops so I can break the habit of hitting “salvage all” with the unidentified gear in my inventory faster. I would accept only gear bag drops too though.

if the unidentified gear had no ties to the heart vendor i would be ok with it but the fact that you must identify it at a heart vendor at the cost of some silver coins is just BS.

I seriously don’t want to have to unlock a heart vendor every so often just to ID, especially if it’s a heart vendor i already completed once. Just make ID kits!! i’d rather buy id kits than to have the heart vendors identify.

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I feel like out of all the options they could have chosen this is probably the best.

Hope for good quality items. Or simply salvage it all for a RELIABLE profit. Because you will be able to get more in a trip (you can fill up disturbingly fast) youl be able to stay out of towns longer as well if thats your thing. And when you DO go back you should be getting more per hall.

Lets remember the new maps you can’t get around as quickly do to there size. So its quite possible with the old system your bags would fill up you’d look at the map and realize how far you have to ride back to get to your spot. With the new system the odds of you filling seem alot less likely.

Also there will probably still be SOME kind of champ bag and the like. So we will probably still have other sources for those chances at rares and precursors.

As for the “salvaging a precursor” thats honestly not as big a deal as it would have been at launch. Sure the THEORETICAL salvaged precursor would suck. But larger hauls= more mats = more ability to just MAKE precursors if we so choose.

At least that is how im viewing it so far. I guess worrying about exotics that have been falling in price and precursors I can never count on seeing just isn’t as big a deal for me than it is for others though.

Furthermore. If they need to, they can increase the likelyhood of rares and exotics from unidentified gear compared to random loot. Due to it having an opportunity cost (the cost and time to identify)

Ghost Yak

Posted by: kianzz.8651

kianzz.8651

Heh, I honestly didn’t think this was such a big deal.

JustTrogdor.7892

My feedback on what I have seen as presented in the demo.

Pro:

- Saves a significant amount of inventory space.
- Allows me to salvage loot quickly as it is packed into one item.
- The salvage option eliminates useless minor runes and sigils that clog inventory.

Con:

- The cost to identify is a little high in my opinion.
- Have to go to a heart vendor to unlock loot.
- If choosing the salvage option, don’t know if possible rares or exotics are being salvaged.
- Regarding salvaging loot quickly in my Pro comment, I can already do that in the old system by selecting salvage all of the rarity type I want to salvage.

Suggestions:

- Lower the cost.
- Allow for identifying anywhere without having to go to an NPC.
- Mark unidentified loot by rarity so as to better decide to salvage or pay to unlock.

Regarding the ability to identify anywhere without going to an NPC suggestion. I am guessing there will be a gem store item that does that. Don’t forget to buy that extra shared inventory slot to put it in. “Identify-o-Matic 800 gems. Also for a limited time Identify-o-Matic and Shared Inventory Slot Bundle 1200 gems.”

The Burninator

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

Anet is running out of ideas, they haven’t advance GW2 since the released of Fractals, everything since then has been one horrible move after another..

Posted by: Yulien Anton.6714

Yulien Anton.6714

This is idiotic. Why after all this time should we pay to identify gear. Never mind that we have to venture to a heart vendor for the “privilege” of doing so. Yet another solution that kittens over the player base. Typical ANET…

Posted by: Kabansky.9160

Kabansky.9160

Sort by rarity or make IDing free. That way everyone’s probably gonna be happy.

Honestly, it feels like half the company works on really good stuff days and nights while the other half just does random destructive changes at the last moment…

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

It’s a cynical currency sink, IMO.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

been playing since GW1 beta days. used to carrying an ID kit.

not quite sure why people freak out over ID’ing gear. we’ll likely get ID kits at some point soon anyway, similar to how we got salvage-o-matics and such.

personally with how auto-loot works it’ll save a lot of space in my inventory and also eliminate that ungodly amount of minor runes/sigils when salvaging a bunch of equipment all at once.

people cry about mounts being in the game, people cried about gliding ruining everything, now people cry about unidentified equipment.

Not sure if genuinely concerned or just cynically lashing out.

Posted by: Letifer.5680

Letifer.5680

I tought you would just double click it and it would turn into the item… kitten .

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Where the hell are you guys getting the idea that it cuts down on inventory clutter? you’re still getting trash blues and greens and the sigils from greens, even with Unidentified Gear. And the Exotics and Rares are hidden behind that unidentified gear.

In fact, Unidentified Gear being Green makes inventory management more inconvenient than ever – I can no longer “Salvage All Masterwork and Fine items” and be on my way – I have to manually salvage the trash greens to avoid salvaging the Unidentified Gear, and the potential Rares and Exotics it identifies into.

I love the idea of unid gear, makes for easy inv management. But, only if they group exotics as a separate unid item, I don’t care about rares but exotics drop rarely enough that they deserve an unid trophy item of their own.

Well, they don’t.

What’s the big deal? You can either trade the unidentified gear to a NPC for a random piece of equipment of random quality, or you can just salvage it for crafting materials. You’ve got nothing to lose either way.

No. You either lose well over a silver for each item, or you lose the ability to get Rare and Exotic Items. You lose either way.

This is why this system is good—if you don’t care about rare/exotic drops you can just salvage from the get go. If you’re farming your inventory will never get clogged up with sigils and runes, and then you can ID the gear for a chance of getting higher tier gear.

This is why it’s bad – The number of people who don’t care about exotics and rares is negligible. Also – we’re STILL getting flooded with trash blues and greens that are already identified.

And now inventory management is even harder, because if we care about Rares and Exotics, we can’t just “Salvage all Fine and Masterwork” gear, deposit our materials, and keep moving – We have to manually avoid clicking on our source of Rares and Exotics.

Uh…I cant tell if you are serious or that dull…the point of the identification system is to reduce clutter dramatically. instead of running around with 900 greens and blues that require 4 stacks of 250 salvage tools, you can now run around with stacks of 250 of that useless gear in one slot and salvage it without receiving the useless sigils anymore. I don’t see the problem here…this is a huge step forward.

Well, it doesn’t work, because my inventory is STILL full of trash blues and greens.

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

JustTrogdor.7892

It probably would be an overly complicated process for Anet to do, maybe not even possible, but perhaps they should make the unidentified loot system a mastery or just a settings option so those that like it could use it and those that don’t get regular loot. Much like being able to choose between using auto loot or not.

The Burninator

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Gonna be honest.. this may break the PoF expac for me. :/

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Where the hell are you guys getting the idea that it cuts down on inventory clutter? you’re still getting trash blues and greens and the sigils from greens, even with Unidentified Gear. And the Exotics and Rares are hidden behind that unidentified gear.

In fact, Unidentified Gear being Green makes inventory management more inconvenient than ever – I can no longer “Salvage All Masterwork and Fine items” and be on my way – I have to manually salvage the trash greens to avoid salvaging the Unidentified Gear, and the potential Rares and Exotics it identifies into.

That’s what I had noted as well. My bags were still filling up with blues and greens on top of the UnID’ed gear. I don’t understand the point of that. I feel like, either make all or none UnID’ed. Keep it simple.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The more I hear about this system, the more I dislike it.

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Incoming cash shop Identifier that does it at a lower cost or even for free, and they’ll even put shared slots on sale at the same time as well.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

I’d really like to hear Anet’s take on this. One of the issues that most don’t realize and only some will care about is that loot that comes in bags for the most part is not affected by Magic Find. It also gives Anet more control in regulating drops. Protecting it from MF makes the outcome more predictable.

But for the life of me I can’t understand what the core goal is in this process. “Here’s loot, now you give us currency for your drop”! Did they not think there would be immense pushback on the introduction of this process? I truly hope nobody suggested calling it content.

Posted by: Vindicus.2130

Vindicus.2130

Greed and asininity of the highest order. I’ll never get another actual item drop again because I won’t pay coin to identify items that I currently can get already identified for free. I fully expect infinite ID kits from black lion trader for 5k gems. I’ll save myself the hassle and uninstall if so.

Nip this in the bud anet, and have 3 classes of unidentified items, masterwork, rare and exotic. Not all in the same green unid item.

Vindicus.2130

Uh…I cant tell if you are serious or that dull…the point of the identification system is to reduce clutter dramatically. instead of running around with 900 greens and blues that require 4 stacks of 250 salvage tools, you can now run around with stacks of 250 of that useless gear in one slot and salvage it without receiving the useless sigils anymore. I don’t see the problem here…this is a huge step forward.

If that was the point, then identifying the unidentified items would cost 0 copper so there would be no change from what it costs today. Obviously you are omitting the huge and glaring change that a piece of gear that drops for you today and is pure profit in vendor coin or crafting mats now costs you 1s68c per item, which is typically higher than the value of the item.

Posted by: TheOrlyFactor.8341

TheOrlyFactor.8341

If you don’t want to lose more players, do better with the story writing

Yeah, that won’t be happening any time soon. :^)

Playing GW2 for the story is like expecting plot in a porno. You’ll be left disappointed.

Posted by: Rankomonaut.4708

Rankomonaut.4708

If they remove the gold costs or make it to 1 copper per ident. I’m fine.

Because it actually SAVES inventory space. (=

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s all garbage loot. There are no rares and exotics, that’s the point. You don’t have to identify them unless you really want to, for some reason. It’s just garbage. Salvage them and sell the mats, or just sell them outright for the people who want them, for whatever reason.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

It’s all garbage loot. There are no rares and exotics, that’s the point.

Except there ARE rares and exotics. That’s the problem – I ID’d 33 Unid items from a Forged camp, and I received 4 Rare Elonian weapons and 2 Exotic Sunspear weapons.

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

Additionally to what Sartharina said, these Elonian weapons are part of a COLLECTION, for Achievement Points and a possible reward.

Moreover, these very same Elonian weapons have a description reading that they can be upgraded to a better quality – which means Exotic, and which is probably the reason we get so much mats in loots from chest.

One thing is clear so far: PoF is going to be a huge mats and gold sink, and those who say that this system, of Unidentifying loot, is fine don’t know what they are talking about. If you think ANET would ever give you more inventory space, plain and simple, out of their good heart you delude yourselves.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

As others have pointed out, this supposedly inventory saving idea doesn’t work because:

• You still get blue/green drops on top of the new unidentified bag; no clutter reduction.
  • The new unidentified bag is more cost (1s 68c per just to ID)
  • More run-around becuase there aren’t any heart vendors near banks/merchants
  • and much more clicking since you ID one at a time
  • In order to ID, you have to use a completed heart vendor and these are on daily reset in the Crystal Oasis.

Attachments:

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

• and much more clicking since you ID one at a time

You can actually change this just like buying multiples of any item from a vendor.
The system as-is is horrible for all of the other reasons you mentioned, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

Yes, that’s true: you can buy identification for all the loot you have at one go – and see how much gold, in total, you waste on this “brilliant” system. THIS is really educational, in my opinion.

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Unless I am mistaken, this is more like a glorified gambling system, not a replacement for drops.

We would need developer confirmation, but I would bet my left kitten that unidentified items are not ACTUALLY items until they are salvaged or identified. Essentially they are tickets to allowing you to gamble or not at getting a nicer item.

The fact that normal loot continues to drop points to this.

This is no different than choosing one black lion chest over another. They do not actually have contents until you use a key. It is why opening a chest, not matter how old it is, still, has access to the most recent items.

I am still not sure how I feel about it, but at worst I think it is just another item added to the loot table not a replacement for current loot.

(edited by lorddarkflare.9186)

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I’m happy with it. Saves a ton of space and when I salvage them I don’t have to worry about a bunch of useless sigils clogging up my inventory. You guys are acting like this is anti-consumer, but I’d say it’s the exact opposite. You should never feel tempted again to buy extra bag slots and you can play longer without having to go to a vendor.

IMO, the pros vastly out-weigh the cons.

Salvaging a precursor just because of convenience, is what I was praying for all these years. yep!

Hell ya I’ll take that risk. I haven’t gotten a precursor yet it very well may never happen. I’ll gladly take the huge convenience boost over the off chance that a precursor drops.

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

I only played demo a short time, and never even found where they sold an ID kit… that said, I’m missing something here. People say it saves space, but what happens when you identify everything? Doesn’t it spread out into individual slots?

If it does, then it is not space saver, it is a gold sink and another kit you have to worry about buying/dealing with.

Everything was fine the way it was. I didn’t have full bank slots opened or even 20 slot bags. I did fine. The only time I didn’t was when I had a ton of things from a collection. THAT could have been fixed, not this.

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

I’m sure others have said this by now, but I also love this feature. I definitely want it kept. Here’s why:
1. Gear drops in GW2 have gotten crazy over HoT. I’ve heard the term “Inventory Wars 2” used more than once. You’re constantly having to deal with all the garbage items that fill up your bags. Unidentified items let you find out what you’re getting LATER. In the meantime, they stack.
2. Your inventory is kept clear WITHOUT it slowly filling with useless glyphs/runes.
3. You can still salvage the items without identifying. At least with the greens (the only ones I’ve found so far…maybe the only ones that exist), weren’t you going to do that anyway?
4. You can vendor them as normal (if that’s your thing).
5. If you DO wish to identify the items, you can do so in bulk. At a heart vendor. It acts as a small money sink and you do occasionally get nice/collectible stuff for the trouble.

I had the same knee-jerk reaction when I heard about the identification system being introduced, but it actually DOES serve a purpose here. It’ll greatly improve MY quality of gaming and I bet it’ll do so for most others too. I’d love to see this system added to older zones as well – as many as is feasible.

(edited by JackOfAllGames.2409)

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

I keep seeing people say this is the best option they could have done. No, no its not.

The thing people hated about normal gear drops are sigils and runes, simple change have basic/copper fed salvage have 0% change at runes and sigils.

Bags people hated the clicking go back to normal gear drop, which its issues where sold above.

There 80% of inventory management solved, with just a number change, no new mechanic, no going to select npc’s, no money sink. And if they want to help with even more replace trash items with straight coin.

As to why I think they went this route, easy money. The number one item I would guess on BLTC is the copper fed salvage. With this new ID system they can sell another item just like it = profit. Which should say something about their mind set. Create problem/inconvenience, later sell item to solve problem that didn’t need to be created.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I’m sure others have said this by now, but I also love this feature. I definitely want it kept. Here’s why:
1. Gear drops in GW2 have gotten crazy over HoT. I’ve heard the term “Inventory Wars 2” used more than once. You’re constantly having to deal with all the garbage items that fill up your bags. Unidentified items let you find out what you’re getting LATER. In the meantime, they stack.
2. Your inventory is kept clear WITHOUT it slowly filling with useless glyphs/runes.
3. You can still salvage the items without identifying. At least with the greens (the only ones I’ve found so far…maybe the only ones that exist), weren’t you going to do that anyway?
4. You can vendor them as normal (if that’s your thing).
5. If you DO wish to identify the items, you can do so in bulk. At a heart vendor. It acts as a small money sink and you do occasionally get nice/collectible stuff for the trouble.

I had the same knee-jerk reaction when I heard about the identification system being introduced, but it actually DOES serve a purpose here. It’ll greatly improve MY quality of gaming and I bet it’ll do so for most others too. I’d love to see this system added to older zones as well – as many as is feasible.

I agree, except for 2 points:
1) It is not a small money sink. We’re being asked to pay between the vendor value of a blue and the vendor value of a green (much closer to green) just to ID. Given that most ID’d items are blues and greens, that is absurd.
2) There are no other ones. The Masterwork unid can drop blues all the way up to exos. That means either players pay a sizable amount per item to ID and possibly get rares/exos (the really worthwhile loot) or avoid the cost and not even have a chance of getting ectos.

The second problem could be fixed with three tiers of unids: Masterwork (gives blues ‘n’ greens), Rare (gives rares) and Exotic (gives exos). With that you can make a more dynamic ID price and solve the first issue.

Vindicus.2130

It’s all garbage loot. There are no rares and exotics, that’s the point. You don’t have to identify them unless you really want to, for some reason. It’s just garbage. Salvage them and sell the mats, or just sell them outright for the people who want them, for whatever reason.

Stop spreading misinformation. Rares and exotics are gated behind the unid boxes. This has been confirmed numerous times.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The second problem could be fixed with three tiers of unids: Masterwork (gives blues ‘n’ greens), Rare (gives rares) and Exotic (gives exos). With that you can make a more dynamic ID price and solve the first issue.

Then why even have it at all?

If you know what the box contains, any cost is just a flat tax to access the item and defeats the whole purpose of ID’ing it.

No one is ever going to ID salvage fodder and you will only ID rares/exos if you need the skins, otherwise they too will just get salvaged.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Rares and exotics are gated behind the unid boxes. This has been confirmed numerous times.

Is there a link to this confirmation?

I am not questioning anyone’s honesty, but with only a demo to go on, I would like to see something official before taking it into consideration as a fact.