NPC clothing/armor release to player?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

Is there any possibility that some npc’s armor/clothing can be release to players?

Sylvari npc’s dress, Pale Tree’s dress, Human Priests’s robe, Queen Jennah’s dress, Countess Anise’s dress, Braham’s armor, Rox’s armor, and the newest Lady Kasmeer’s armor in photo.

Attachments:

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Ugh, I really want the pirate outfit you get when you do the undercover drinking contest with Tybalt. I saw it on my thief and instantly thought that it looks perfect on my character ;_;

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I can’t help but feel a little bewildered that they are creating new armor sets for NPCs(Kasmeer, and Brahm for example), and yet they seem unwilling to add new ones for actual players.

I get wanting the NPCs to feel unique, but I assume that most of us would prefer to be the ones getting new stuff.

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Rox armor isn’t new (is a mix and match of multiple armors, some of them really common which surprised me for an important NPC when they usually get end tier armor and her buddy Braham got new armor). But that Kasmeer armor… I saw it in the post and rushed to the forums to see if it was already posted. Is it new? (I’m not experienced in light armor skins) It looks really really cool!

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

My guess is that this is either heavy armor, or light armor (seriously looks like something a mesmer would wear). But It could be an all purpose skin that applies to everything since I could see everything wearing it tbh.

Posted by: pyrakitt.8076

pyrakitt.8076

Kasmeer’s armor looks amazing. I can only hope that we get this skin at some point, I won’t even care which armor class it applies to. The fact that it covers the stomach and those awesome shoulder pieces make it for me.

I also love Kiel’s set. If one were to go to the PVP locker I’m pretty sure she’s wearing the chest piece and legs from the Heavy Plate set and the gloves are Splint Gauntlets, can’t figure out the shoulders though. Any thoughts?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I just want a nice pair of pants for my mez, is this too much asking?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Kiel’s shoulders are NPC armor. There’s a few other Lionguard NPCs that have that same model. Her gloves are indeed Splint, and her chest, legs, and boots are Heavy Plate.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Queen Jennah’s armor exists as crafted and karma gear. I know a girl that copied her exactly.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Special NPC armor, faces, details, etc, are created specifically for those characters so that they stand out.

When it comes to armor, chances are no, you won’t see a version for players because that armor was specifically created to fit on only that one NPC. It wasn’t made to fit other races or genders, so in order to make an NPC-only armor available to players, they would have to first make that one armor for each race and gender. This is why they have been only releasing weapons, since there is only one model to create.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Ugh, I really want the pirate outfit you get when you do the undercover drinking contest with Tybalt. I saw it on my thief and instantly thought that it looks perfect on my character ;_;

Quoted for desperation. I’ve been wanting that clothing so bad since I ran that mission! They can keep their Pirate Captain outfit; this is what I want.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: nkemp.3546

nkemp.3546

Hey not really sure where else to ask this, but is the armor this NPC wearing available? If so what is the armor and how do I get it.

Figured this would be the thread to ask on since I am also heavily in favor of NPC outfits being available to the players.

Attachments:

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Isn’t that the pirate outfit that could be (don’t know if it’s still the case) bought in the Gem shop ? It’s been a while since I’ve did that mission.

Queen Jennah’s armor exists as crafted and karma gear. I know a girl that copied her exactly.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/43/Queen_Jennah.jpg This one ? I’d be happy to know where that girl got it.

Hey not really sure where else to ask this, but is the armor this NPC wearing available? If so what is the armor and how do I get it.

Figured this would be the thread to ask on since I am also heavily in favor of NPC outfits being available to the players.

It’s yet to be found in game. Probably because it isn’t.

Back in GW1, especially when EotN came out, players ask Anet to have the option of buying heroes and NPCs armor (instead of the reskin we got…). Years later they told us we could do it in GW2.
…We can always hope, it’s not like it’s going to change anything.

Special NPC armor, faces, details, etc, are created specifically for those characters so that they stand out.

If even the members of Edge of Destiny to not stand out (except for their faces maybe) I don’t see why anyone else should xD.
But you are probably right by saying that releasing a weapon skin is easier than 3 armor skins fitted for every race and gender (even if there are no gender differences with Asura and Charr).

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Isn’t that the pirate outfit that could be (don’t know if it’s still the case) bought in the Gem shop ? It’s been a while since I’ve did that mission.

No, the Gem Shop has “pirate captian” armor, which is fine if you wanna look like Jack Sparrow, but not so much if ya just wanna look like a pirate.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Shanna.4762

tbh ArenaNet should be focusing on armor skins in the gem shop rather than town clothes. I’m so over the town clothes thing, like hardly anyone even seems to bother with them and I know that I have no interest whatsoever in anything I can’t wear in combat, and neither do pretty much anyone I play with. Nobody seems to understand or even like this town clothes obsession they’ve got going on… so it’s a big giant waste of resources compared to armor skins.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

tbh ArenaNet should be focusing on armor skins in the gem shop rather than town clothes. I’m so over the town clothes thing, like hardly anyone even seems to bother with them and I know that I have no interest whatsoever in anything I can’t wear in combat, and neither do pretty much anyone I play with. Nobody seems to understand or even like this town clothes obsession they’ve got going on… so it’s a big giant waste of resources compared to armor skins.

Lord, isn’t that the truth. I haven’t bought even one item of town clothes. I want stuff I can wear in combat.

In Guild Wars 1, I could switch between different costumes, I could use perfect salvage kits (which were cheap and easy to get) and transfer stats between different sets of armor (max armor that was cheap to get, in comparison to this game. My Ritualist had multiple armor sets she could wear). Last but not least, I could use tonics that changed my appearance but let me keep my stats and skills. There were multiple ways to change the way I looked, on a whim. Why, in this game, in a game about cosmetics and appearance, is it so hard to change the way I look?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I like to use the digging tool while in dungeons and ride the broom naked…so yeah no need for town clothes for those xD.
But some better town clothes would be nice. The reason I want town clothes is because Anet listened too much to all the “No skimpy, no dresses for characters who are supposed to fight dragons”. And that is why I think that some armor sets were removed or altered.

The game is still kind of young, but after the 5th (?) weapons set introduced, it would be nice to finally see some new armors. Or at least town clothes that fit with something else than Humans.

Posted by: Aithnea.5671

Aithnea.5671

Why, in this game, in a game about cosmetics and appearance, is it so hard to change the way I look?

Because they want you to cave into frustration and spend real money on transmutation stones.

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

Is there any possibility that some npc’s armor/clothing can be release to players?

Sylvari npc’s dress, Pale Tree’s dress, Human Priests’s robe, Queen Jennah’s dress, Countess Anise’s dress, Braham’s armor, Rox’s armor, and the newest Lady Kasmeer’s armor in photo.

New at the gem store, the Fashion Chest! Get access to both the Royal and Commoner chests today! These unique offerings contain one random common dye and first tier cloth materials, with a chance at unlocking new armor skins!*

Only 1400 gems per chest! Limited time offer!

*Chance of winning new skin approximately 1/30000

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

When they did a first preview of the new (then) GW2 armor mechanic, they took a great pains to mention (several times) that the approach they used made the PC and NPC armor completely interchangeable. The whole system has been specially made so that any NPC armor could be worn by a player without the need of creating a PC version. It was supposed to make a wealth of different wears for players, both in casual clothes and armor range.

And yet, now they don’t use that feature at all. Maybe it didn’t work as intended, after all?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Yeni.3507

Pump.

Anet, please for the love of all the kittens. Give us this glorious armor Lady Kasmeer is wearing.

Attachments:

Shanna.4762

Lol, I liked the armor more until I saw the bottom half of it…Not too sure about that, but either way it would be a nice option. I’m more jealous that they have phenomal faces & hair styles

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Kasmeer and Marjory armour please!!!
And while you’re at it can we have Marjory’s hair?

Gunnar’s Hold

Yeni.3507

Pump this topic because Anet has hear us and gives us Kasmeer’s armor [&AgGXqAAA] and Braham’s armor [&AgGVqAAA].

Thank you very much and please keep up the good work!

p.s. May I ask for Captain Mai Trin’s rapier also please?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Pump this topic because Anet has hear us and gives us Kasmeer’s armor [&AgGXqAAA] and Braham’s armor [&AgGVqAAA].

Thank you very much and please keep up the good work!

p.s. May I ask for Captain Mai Trin’s rapier also please?

Looks like we are getting the Rapier next patch
http://imgur.com/a/R9RKF

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I love ANet so much right now!

Posted by: CriticalHit.9540

CriticalHit.9540

I’d like the speedo Faren was wearing, please.