NPC-only armors and faces compilation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

There’s a ton of those ingame, and we still can’t get them. Most of them are Cultural. If Arenanet isn’t planning to give them to us in HoT, what about just adding new Cultural vendors ? It’s not like they have to work on creating
Some of them look like outfit (some human dresses, for example), but some other seem to be regular armors, as some NPC even mix some parts. There’s clearly something to be done with those, plus it can be quite frustrating to see all those existing skins without a chance to unlock them.

There’s also some single headgears, and a few faces that are restricted to NPCs (and no, I don’t think that giving an unique face to an NPC like Blaize who only appears in the lv 10 human storyline and die is important. Even Trahearne has a face that’s used by other Sylvari NPCs.).
What about adding those NPC-only faces to the character creation for Heart of Thorns ? Arenanet, please ?

Pictures attached, you’ll see that there’s a ton of NPC-exclusive stuff, and I’m quite sure I’ve forgot some (there may be some NPC-only Norn faces, but as I don’t play that race, I couldn’t tell).

EDIT : Updated with some Asura faces. Don’t hesitate to share if you’ve got some screens of more NPC exclusive stuff.

Attachments:

(edited by PetboyJoshua.3108)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Funny thing is, Anet originally claimed that the armor system they created allowed them to do exactly that, as (unlike in gw1) NPCs were to use the same system as the players, so their gear was supposed to be interchangeable.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Very impressed with the amount of work that this must’ve taken and also the amount of knowledge/research required too.

I’d love some more cultural armour. I think a lot of players struggle especially when trying to dress up their sylvari characters as this race looks most out of place in regular non-race-specific armour.

It would be great to see some of these available in HoT along with some of the previously available armours such as Tribal armour.

As you’ve said, the work is already done- they just need to add some vendors for it

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Gimme that human vest on far right, plz.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I’d be down with this all if cross-dressing was allowed. Yes, I know it requires a whole new mesh design.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

Impressive work compiling this “list”

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

About scarlet, I recently met a sylvari player that looked pretty much identical to scarlet.

I don’t remember the name but it was quite shocking to see it for the first time.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

About scarlet, I recently met a sylvari player that looked pretty much identical to scarlet.

Scarlet isn’t to bad to make, but the one I struggled to find a good face on, was Caithe.

Attachments:

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

PetboyJoshua.3108

Thanks !
To be fair, most of the work has been done by the guys from gw2roleplayers who collected quite a lot of screens from the game (and also one person from the official forums whose name I can’t remember, but did an amazing job compiling 5 or 6 unique armors per race) .
I only play Asura and Sylvari, so I wouldn’t have been able to realize that some of those were totally NPC-only. I just did a few screens of stuff and armors that seemed to be missing, some google image search and put everything together. :p

I can understand that Arenanet’s working on armor sets for the expansion, and doing outfits in the meantime because it costs less time and money… But come on, there’s a ton of armor pieces that are waiting since the beta, and that we can see everytime we play… and they don’t think about giving us some ways to get them ? ;p

(edited by PetboyJoshua.3108)

Posted by: Sylk Ansael.6703

Sylk Ansael.6703

One sure thing: these outfits would be very useful for roleplayers. I hope we can get a way to unlock them.

Doggie.3184

Scarlet isn’t to bad to make, but the one I struggled to find a good face on, was Caithe.

I want a face like Trahearnes. He’s so pretty.

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

would pay good money for the yellow/blue sylvari outfit 4 rows down, 6 rows right, as armor (not an outfit, because i’m not a fan of the skirt)

I’ve always been jealous of that top when I pass by her in the grove

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

Oh man I remember making my first norn and trying to decide which spirit to follow based on those armor sets.. I was torn between raven and snow leopard. Im still a bit sour that we didnt get to wear them!

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

heh.. im actually sad that the charr npc get better fitting stuff then we do…

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

One of the new charr faces is a close match to Tybalt.
(sorry i didnt remember his details so my colors/proportions arent right)

Attachments:

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Ugh i would so love those Clothes that the charr have to be available as armor…

AND the pinkish fur tone too!!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Inay.9865

Inay.9865

Yes please. I would really like too. (.. As much as I would like to hide the pauldron on the outfit. :c )

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Impressive work compiling this “list”

Came here to say the same!

Posted by: ZylAeryel.7653

ZylAeryel.7653

If anything, I think most roleplayers would be ready to throw money at their screens for some of those things.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

That male human vest…. Please and of course more slyvari cultural armor.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Just found this linked in another recent topic. This is amazing…and so very saddening.

I cannot come up with any logical reason for their not being available to players. They could even release them as NPC armor packs in the gem store. It’s ridiculous.

(Please do not attack me with “it should be able to be earned in-game and not more gem store armors” comments – there should be more of both, especially considering they’ve completely ditched selling armors in the gem store…which is why they do not get any more money from me)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

There are also at least two asura faces that aren’t accessible to players as well. These were used by some of the NPCs with the last SAB release, so that’s why they aren’t even in the game anymore. One of them looked really cool… I wonder why it was never used because these weren’t even important NPCs so there was no reason for exclusivity.

Going to search around to see if I can find a screenshot. Hopefully I am not imagining it lol

Edit: Found a link to the wiki page. Too lazy to post the picture directly http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ketto
From there you can click on the other three asura as well, apparently there were 4 unique faces that never made it to the players they aren’t bad either.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

PetboyJoshua.3108

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Motto’s crew ! I’ll add their faces to the first post once I’m back home, thank you !

Crimson Clouds.4853

I think I found another NPC only armour (forgive me if I’m wrong).

I found the guy in a personal story mission “Estate of Decay”.

It’s another clown/jester outfit- it seems to incorporate the ring-masters hat. I’m not sure if the trousers are available to players at all, but I don’t recognise the jacket from anywhere else.

Sorry about the poor quality images. I had to take them quickly because he transformed before I could set up a good shot.

Attachments:

(edited by Crimson Clouds.4853)

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I do want access to all armors at some point, of course. But I really don’t want those faces unlocked. Most of those are very iconic characters and I don’t want to see players running around with their faces.

Posted by: Illharess.6509

Illharess.6509

I want Caithe’s face soooo bad, she’s so pretty. I also love Kasmeer’s! And pretty much all of the unavailable Sylvari armor.

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

The shoulders that the heavy armor wearing Consortium members wear aren’t found anywhere in game as well.

Posted by: Eburte.9813

Eburte.9813

I just reeeeally want a Sylvari dress reminiscent of The Avatar of the Pale Tree’s dress. That angel rose robe is gorgeous.

PetboyJoshua.3108

I’ve added the Asura faces !
I’ll do the same with the other armors once I’ll get some time. Don’t hesitate to share your screens if you find some other NPC-exclusive stuff !

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

oh they’ll be in the gem shop for you to buy, don’t you worry about that.

Posted by: Nordstroem.1870

Nordstroem.1870

I would love to have some regular clothing to put on my characters when they are in town, just crafting and trading and stuff. It feels off to run around in armour all the time.

That Endless Common Clothing Tonic is annoying as it only lasts 15 minutes and you can’t change how it looks. It’s always this same red and black clothes. I would much prefer if we had access to civilian NPC clothing as Outfits.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I would love to have some regular clothing to put on my characters when they are in town, just crafting and trading and stuff. It feels off to run around in armour all the time.

That Endless Common Clothing Tonic is annoying as it only lasts 15 minutes and you can’t change how it looks. It’s always this same red and black clothes. I would much prefer if we had access to civilian NPC clothing as Outfits.

I’ve always wondered why they didn’t do that. Seems like an outfit would solve the same problems as the tonic while being much more convenient to use. Maybe they just don’t want to give us a free outfit, even if it isn’t anything special…

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Might as well slap the tour guide from new LA on there.

She’s using Anise’s shoulder, with other light armor pieces I don’t recognize. Also Ellen Kiel in her armor look has unique shoulders.

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Oh my this thread looks like it was Necro’d but now that it’s already been bumped..

Your Scarlet is gorgeous, very well done. As someone who has a bit of a crush on her, I’m jelous (:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

Very impressed with the amount of work that this must’ve taken and also the amount of knowledge/research required too.

I’d love some more cultural armour. I think a lot of players struggle especially when trying to dress up their sylvari characters as this race looks most out of place in regular non-race-specific armour.

It would be great to see some of these available in HoT along with some of the previously available armours such as Tribal armour.

As you’ve said, the work is already done- they just need to add some vendors for it

I totally support more cultural armor. At least for HoT it would be cool to have a bigger selection to choose from, when you want work with clothing that fits their culture.
I’d love more armors that are made for Charr…the stretched humanoid clothing often looks a bit weird on Charr and they often clipp with theit mane, ears and tail.
With asura I’d love more helmet skins that emphasise the ears, I always though it looked really uncomfortable for them to wear a helmet that makes them “lose” their ears, which is sadly in a lot of the skins made for humanoid body models.
More plant-like clothing for the Sylvari would also be great since i personally don’t really think they fit together well with human-made fabric clothing…It just look pretty awkward.
The norn look still look better in armor than most of the other non-human races, but I’d love to see the “lone super strong hunter”-part of their culture more emphasised in their cultural amor…like having it consist of animal skins that are losely sewn together for example. the female norn often just look like overgrown human women, which is a bit sad in my opinion.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Posted by: Bingo.2174

Bingo.2174

Queen Jennah’s dress is not pictured (I know you said it wasn’t a complete list) but Ithink it deserves mentioning! There is a new NPC in LA wearing it but in different colors. It’s lovely.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Queen Jennah’s dress is not pictured (I know you said it wasn’t a complete list) but Ithink it deserves mentioning! There is a new NPC in LA wearing it but in different colors. It’s lovely.

A variation of Queen Jennah’s dress would be a great outfit to have in the game for players to wear.

Posted by: Nordstroem.1870

Nordstroem.1870

Oh my this thread looks like it was Necro’d but now that it’s already been bumped..

Your Scarlet is gorgeous, very well done. As someone who has a bit of a crush on her, I’m jelous (:

Necro’d? In what universe is it necroing to post in a thread that’s only been inactive for 11 days? It’s not like I dug up a year old thread. That said, I don’t see why it should be looked down on to post in a thread of any age since we are encouraged to search the forum before we post a new topic. Is there a limit I’m not aware of when it becomes okay to post a new thread with the same topic?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yeah, it makes no sense to create a new thread every week with the same compilation of NPC faces and armor in.

This thread is fine.

Posted by: MordekaiZeyo.7318

MordekaiZeyo.7318

Not bad. I want these charr clothes for the town.

We had town clothes from a long time ago but ArenaNet removed it without to say any reason. We want the “town clothes” tab back!

Posted by: jonG.8369

jonG.8369

I’d certainly like to have some Icebrood/Svanir ice-themed armor made available.

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’d certainly like to have some Icebrood/Svanir ice-themed armor made available.

I’m hoping that we get a dungeon with each Elder Dragon we fight.

We already have Arah, where we fight Zhaitan, which rewards orrian style armour. Although it doesn’t make our characters look corrupted, it has stylistic influence from the corruption and the surrounding area.

So next, we have Mordremoth… I’m picturing plant-like armour, of course. It wouldn’t be as clean and flowy as the TA armour. It would be more rugged with that “tiger stripe” pattern we see on some of the mordrem. Once again, it won’t make us appear corrupted, but draws on features of the enemies and area.

And eventually we’ll get to fight Jormag! I’ve noticed that Sons of Svanir (the uncorrupted ones) wear Norn Cultural armour, if that helps at all. If I remember right, all racial enemies wear the race’s cultural armour. Inquest wear asura cultural, nightmare court wear sylvari cultural, flame legion wear charr cultural.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

The big one that I can see missing is the Avatar of the Tree’s dress. I would kill to have that available!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/6/6f/Avatar_of_the_Tree.jpg

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

I want those shoulders!

Attachments:

Posted by: Fny.4502

Fny.4502

Please please please let us have the NPC clothes! Been waiting for those outfits since launch, why not toss them up on the gemstore! Think of all da money you can make off us, just… please let us be able to buy them at least?

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I wanna necro this thread cause I think this is a huge thing Arenanet shouldn’t look the other way. These are finished outfits, amazing looking as well, that would be excellent to sell as cultural outfits (e.g: chef and wedding outfit) and I know a ton of people would want these as something that’s more casual.

As someone who likes to imagine their norn as a shaman, I’d do ANYTHING to see the Norn Shaman outfits be released in some form. The Bear and Snow Leopard looks amazing and I’d love for my character to look like this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Oh that vest is both on the human and charr(its similiar) id hope that some these if available werent just one race, cus id want that vest on my sylvari lol

but obviously some would have to be like syvari leaf ones, and norn animal ones.

maybe anet should kitten a new cultural armor(town clothes) to a vendor and sell these

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

The issue is that those outfits were designed for that specific race so if they sold them, it would have to be cultural only. I love some of the Female Noble outfits for my roleplay character.

Doggie.3184

Funny thing is, Anet originally claimed that the armor system they created allowed them to do exactly that, as (unlike in gw1) NPCs were to use the same system as the players, so their gear was supposed to be interchangeable.

I remember in beta looking forward to the simple open vest outfit the human npc next to the clown at end of second row is wearing because they said all of the npc armor would be available to the player eventually. But with the mehish town clothes system and them just ignoring it forever I gave up on all of that. Things like that can’t even clip so such a waste of potential armor skins.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

There’s a ton of those ingame, and we still can’t get them. Most of them are Cultural. If Arenanet isn’t planning to give them to us in HoT, what about just adding new Cultural vendors ? It’s not like they have to work on creating
Some of them look like outfit (some human dresses, for example), but some other seem to be regular armors, as some NPC even mix some parts. There’s clearly something to be done with those, plus it can be quite frustrating to see all those existing skins without a chance to unlock them.

There’s also some single headgears, and a few faces that are restricted to NPCs (and no, I don’t think that giving an unique face to an NPC like Blaize who only appears in the lv 10 human storyline and die is important. Even Trahearne has a face that’s used by other Sylvari NPCs.).
What about adding those NPC-only faces to the character creation for Heart of Thorns ? Arenanet, please ? ;)

Pictures attached, you’ll see that there’s a ton of NPC-exclusive stuff, and I’m quite sure I’ve forgot some (there may be some NPC-only Norn faces, but as I don’t play that race, I couldn’t tell).

EDIT : Updated with some Asura faces. Don’t hesitate to share if you’ve got some screens of more NPC exclusive stuff.

I like the human female in purple’s outfit in the second row ^_^