Necro or ele?

Necro or ele?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EventHorizon.9521

EventHorizon.9521

Hi all, I have returned to this game after a while and I was wondering which one of these characters I should level to 80 first. I plan to focus on doing mostly Pve content and WvW.

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

definitely Necro for me, they have been changed for the better and very fun and powerful now too. In contrast to ele.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Depends. Necro is far easier to play decently, thereby making it perfect for lazy people like me Ele’s make for very challenging and engaging gaming, but are require more skill to play well due to them being very squishy.

Polka will never die

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Depends. Necro is far easier to play decently, thereby making it perfect for lazy people like me Ele’s make for very challenging and engaging gaming, but are require more skill to play well due to them being very squishy.

Okaaaay.. I admit I’m lazy too and thus I pick necro… Especially when minion build is pretty decent now. (Even if I am a conditionmancer)

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Ele is harder cuz you have to mash a few more buttons.
Check youtube vids and experiment in pvp.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

WvW Necro.
Why? Well just equip staff use bigger sign trait and inflict enemy zerg with lots of conditions also you are hard to kill when in big zerg fight (F1).

I personally dont play necro in pve just for wvw / pvp because he`s good at it.

Pve Ele!
Well ele with daggers is imo one of the best classes in game he does insane dmg and if played well almost unkillable. The same goes for spvp.
For wvw ele is ok i do not play much ele in wvw rather necro but i think with staff you could do some nice aoe in enemy zerg or something but not the best in wvw i gues.

If you want to play just one of the classes i would go for ele because he`s imo one of the best classes in game (insane dmg and even if you go full zerk your still hard to kill)

Maybe hes not the best in wvw but thats why he´s epic in pve.
Necro is the same just hes very good in wvw and not the best in pve.

But still I would recommend ele ^^

sry for my english btw hope i could help a bit.

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Mhmmm I personally tired of necro rather fast. It doesn’t look extremely cool, doesn’t have a lot of viable weapons (only staff really) and most utilities are a bit lame. Elementalist has a huge range of skills for weapons, due to having 4 attunements, which makes playing them a lot more fun, because it has so many shiny effects and so much variation. I prefer dagger/dagger, but I guess staff has it’s pros too.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Necro or ele?

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

“feel like i am constantly doing things” style play -> ele
more toward “auto-play” -> necro

PvE dungeon -> ele
PvE farming/event/etc -> either is fine
sPvP -> necro
WvW -> either one is fine

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Elementalist is a ton of fun but your traits have got to be a dedicated work of art, a tiny little diamond from a lump of coal.

Necromancer’s a ton of fun and their traits are pretty much already one big diamond you can’t go wrong with.

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Necro is amazing for anything you want to do with it and almost unkillable. My necro is an AOE mass murderer. ELe is fiddly and you have to work hard at them. Mine also dies when you sneeze at her but I suck at Ele

Gunnar’s Hold

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

Elementalist is IMHO more difficult to level up and play.
downed every 10seconds
needs a lot of thinking and strategy

necro is easier because of minions and less weapons/skill to learn and use.

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Mhmmm I personally tired of necro rather fast. It doesn’t look extremely cool, doesn’t have a lot of viable weapons (only staff really) and most utilities are a bit lame. Elementalist has a huge range of skills for weapons, due to having 4 attunements, which makes playing them a lot more fun, because it has so many shiny effects and so much variation. I prefer dagger/dagger, but I guess staff has it’s pros too.

O.O

My berserker PVE Necro wants to have a word with you! Lol the utilities are awesome, just use wells (healing as well) and have the trait where they siphon HP from the enemy and you smack them down fast. Axe works well for groups too surprisingly.

Ele is just spam skill 2 while avoiding getting hit, too much effort! :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I don’t know, I loved my necro, played conditionmancer for the entire life of the character. In PvE extremely powerful solo and extremely effective in WvW. Now that I find myself wanting to do more dungeons/fractals/world bosses…not as effective and I’m leveling a guard for this purpose. A berserker necro seems to be counter to the intent of that character to me and there are other professions much more effective at zerker, so I’ll save my necro for WvW.

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Neither. Guardian.

And when you lvl it up to 80, lvl another Guardian.

Necro or ele?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

O.O

My berserker PVE Necro wants to have a word with you! Lol the utilities are awesome, just use wells (healing as well) and have the trait where they siphon HP from the enemy and you smack them down fast. Axe works well for groups too surprisingly.

Ele is just spam skill 2 while avoiding getting hit, too much effort! :P

Where did I say necro isn’t easy to kill mobs? :P I just don’t really like the theme, too much darkness, not enough colours. That’s why I painted my necro.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain