New Armor Sets

New Armor Sets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

anyone who can post screenshots of the male version? I dont have any male characters :x

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I like the leggings for the light armour set, the skirt is a nice length, but too low on the hips. I will be trying out various chest pieces to see which reduce that gap the best.

As an RPer, I’m always looking for armour that looks more like ’normal’ clothing. So I appreciate the look of the longer skirt.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I was expecting something more…draconic.

Waaaaaiiiit… no dragon armour then? :’-(

New Armor Sets

Posted by: wildisthewind.7204

wildisthewind.7204

Yikes. So tacky and ugly.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

anyone who can post screenshots of the male version? I dont have any male characters :x

~

Attachments:

New Armor Sets

RainbowSyrup.4130

Scratch all I just said about the armors!! I mean.. the female ones suck, but the male ones are to die for! <3

Looks like my warrior is getting a sex change

Attachments:

-Grunt

New Armor Sets

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

The female light armor looks like a bad mix from different armors.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I must say I really really like the “biker boots” on these sets- any idea when they will be available?

Gunnar’s Hold

New Armor Sets

RainbowSyrup.4130

I must say I really really like the “biker boots” on these sets- any idea when they will be available?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1g4y0p/aoe_looting_aetherblade_and_more/

so.. end of june maybe?

-Grunt

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1g4y0p/aoe_looting_aetherblade_and_more/

so.. end of june maybe?

Oh thanks!

Gunnar’s Hold

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

so.. end of june maybe?

9th of July

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I think these are fantastic (on human female) and I’m glad to see some new armor skins coming into the game. I’ve been looking for a skin for my warrior’s (useless) PVT dolyak set. Here’s hoping that we can buy them in a set like the Profane/Kryta/Primeval sets, and acquiring them has nothing to do with RNG.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Ok folks let’s talk. Yay new armor sets! But . . .

STOP MAKING HUMAN-FORM FEMALES their own special sets. Once again the human/sylvari/norn female versions are completely different from everyone elses’. I understand there are boobs to deal with, but modify the chest piece for them (LIKE YOU SHOULD BE DOING FOR CHARR TAILS) and move on. This set is a prime example.

The heavy shoulders on females is far better than the male version. The Leather boots (which is a piece I was interested in) are way better on the females, on the light the male chest is better just by dint of not being another short poofy skirt. The light head is a toss up. They both work for that look. It is terribly frustrating to get that female preview then realize “Oh wait, that won’t look anything like that on my male or female charr/asura.”

If your resources for creating new armor are as limited as it seems to be, it makes no bloody sense to waste time making a completely different set (queue sleazy voice) “for the ladies”.

Everything item but the chests should always be standardized across the genders, With reasonable modifications for Charr and Asura. Reasonable meaning they still look like the same item modified to fit their bodies, not a completely new item.

Chests do need modifications for boobs and tails. But that’s it.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I like them. At least the heavy and medium sets. That armor alone makes me want to start leveling up my engineer, and my Guardian would like some fancy new armor. She has been wearing HoTw gear forever now.

The medium would also look really good on my thief, but after the investment and time into getting a T3 set, I think she is going to be stuck with cultural.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

New Armor Sets

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m not sure I like any of the female versions… If it’s something I have to spend gems on, I probably won’t bother. Although, who knows. After previewing them, and playing with combos with other armors, maybe I’ll change my mind.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

my opinion based on these links above.
for females skin.
the heavy skin looks really2 skin tight.
the medium skin looks like a waitress, or a tux if colored with celestial and abyss. minus the shoulders and head piece.
the light skin looks like a casual wear. minus the shoulder and head piece.
for males skin.
the heavy skins is not bad. minus the upper and lower body skins, which i think is weird.
the medium skins. looks good. colored it with crimson or red, and we have a certain streetfighter boss. =)
the light skins. the upper body feels like those suits you wear to work, =P other pieces could be attached to other skins though..

New Armor Sets

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

A quick comment here.

When these skins hit the gem store, if you like them and have the means, please buy them, for as many characters as you could use them.

Everyone talks about offering skins directly for X gems being better than hiding them behind RNG boxes…. well, for that to happen, we must show Anet, and above all, NCSoft that that is true, and for them to see that two things must happen… first, people should stop buying as many rich dragon coffers (the regular ones are ok since they’re not getting money directly from those) and skins offered as direct sale must be a huge success to show them we prefer getting them that way.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Pay to skinners are like pay to winners.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Re-skinned armor already?

Bleh.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/23/Order_of_Whispers_armor_heavy_human_female_front.jpg

:^/
Was looking foward into dragon look armors since this is a draconic festival. Oh well, seems i’ll just save my gems for another time…

Those don’t look anything alike aside from the one common feature: they are both armor.

They are obviously very similar. They have the exact same shell with a new paintjob on top. The exact definition of a ‘reskin’

Don’t be obtuse.

They dont have the exact same shell. It’s pretty obvious. I think you sir are the one being obtuse.

Apparently slapping a new shoulder skin onto an existing armor skin is TOTALLY new and different.

The Heavy female set and the Heavy female Whispers armor have the same basic:
Helm
Leggings
Boots
Chest

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/23/Order_of_Whispers_armor_heavy_human_female_front.jpg

Yes, they are slightly different, thus the ‘Reskin’. You take the basic model and add a slightly different look to it.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Nice armor sets and all, but why male light looks like creators just did run out of ideas. I love steampunk genre and it was my hope to have character in dressed according to that theme but srsly, any first time homemade steampunk cosplays looks like that one (apart from shoulder piece. Shoulder piece is cool).

New Armor Sets

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I take back what I said earlier in this thread, I like ALL the armors. After seeing them in different dyes and on different races in the reddit thread, I can really appreciate them.

My question is, are they gem store or some other means?

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

New Armor Sets

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Bleh.

Was looking foward into dragon look armors since this is a draconic festival. Oh well, seems i’ll just save my gems for another time…

Those don’t look anything alike aside from the one common feature: they are both armor.

They are obviously very similar. They have the exact same shell with a new paintjob on top. The exact definition of a ‘reskin’

Don’t be obtuse.

They dont have the exact same shell. It’s pretty obvious. I think you sir are the one being obtuse.

Apparently slapping a new shoulder skin onto an existing armor skin is TOTALLY new and different.

Helm
Leggings
Boots
Chest

Yes, they are slightly different, thus the ‘Reskin’. You take the basic model and add a slightly different look to it.

I’ll give you the Chest piece.. but none of the other pieces look that similar. Also, giving it a new model is not a reskin. Even if was originally made from the model of those boots, they obviously have several differences.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

New Armor Sets

Neb.4170

Bleh.

Don’t be obtuse.

Helm
Leggings
Boots
Chest

I’ll give you the Chest piece.. but none of the other pieces look that similar. Also, giving it a new model is not a reskin. Even if was originally made from the model of those boots, they obviously have several differences.

They are a reskin. You can’t really argue against the definition of a word.

They took pieces of the Whispers heavy armor, removed the ‘top layer’ and added on a new top layer.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I have no problems with reskins. Also, these updates are awesome! I can’t wait until the “Skyloft”/Aethar update is released, because it’s really looking great!

Rumors have it we will also be getting a new map. Specifically, a new PvP map named “Skyloft” taking place in the sky.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Bleh.

Don’t be obtuse.

Helm
Leggings
Boots
Chest

They took pieces of the Whispers heavy armor, removed the ‘top layer’ and added on a new top layer.

The helmet is a completely different shape and the only part that is similar is the fact that they both have crests.
The shoulders are 100% new.
The chestpiece is pretty similar, but there are still very clear differences.
The gloves are 100% new.
The pants look way different and are only similar in that they have tassets, which even look different themselves.
The boots are not even close to the same.

How is this a reskin?

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

New Armor Sets

Facepunch.5710

Neb, I’ll say this bluntly but without the intention of being rude: You’re not right about this. As you seem to understand, a reskin is simply using a different 2D texture on the same exact 3D model. These two sets are not only not exact, they’re not even really close to exact. Is the silhouette somewhat similar? Sure, I’ll give you that.

Did you preview the armor in-game or are you working from the darkly dyed, low detail preview image supplied by the OP?

Preview it in-game, change the dye colors to make the different pieces of the armor stand out more and you’ll see the difference easily. Even the pieces that are somewhat similar, like the leggings, are not very much so.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Skirts skirts and more skirts. Will light ever get pants? I mean that doesnt cost gem and look like something a cheap stripper would wear?

There are light armor pants..

also

the skirt above barely qualifies as a skirt :S

IMHO its definitely a skirt, there are shorter skirts already in game. The light set is the only one that I don’t like as a result, the medium and heavy sets look good.

This is exactly what I’ve been asking for from the gem store rather than RNG and more RNG.

Not really the place for debate on this, but just wanted to say – it is technically a skirt, yes. I just meant it was barely a skirt in that it had leggings/pants underneath and is very long. There is really only 1 light armor skirt I like in this game and that is the starter one :\ I wish there was more selection.

New Armor Sets

Neb.4170

Neb, I’ll say this bluntly but without the intention of being rude: You’re not right about this. As you seem to understand, a reskin is simply using a different 2D texture on the same exact 3D model. These two sets are not only not exact, they’re not even really close to exact. Is the silhouette somewhat similar? Sure, I’ll give you that.

Did you preview the armor in-game or are you working from the darkly dyed, low detail preview image supplied by the OP?

Preview it in-game, change the dye colors to make the different pieces of the armor stand out more and you’ll see the difference easily. Even the pieces that are somewhat similar, like the leggings, are not very much so.

A reskin doesn’t have to look 100% similar to be a reskin. You seem to think reskin is just a paintjob, that’s not what I’m implying.

They took armor A and added on a few parts and removed a few parts. It is still a modified version of armor A. The leggings have the same structure, down to the flared hip plates and thin leg plating. The boots have the same structure, with the ‘spikes’ on the top removed. The chest is pretty much entirely the same, some skin was patched over. The helm is the same structure with an added face plate.

Whether or not you like it is a different matter.

Edit: The gloves and shoulders are new, I’m not arguing about those pieces.

New Armor Sets

Riselight.3695

so.. end of june maybe?

9th of July

Omg! I was all wrong!!!
The new content update will release the 25th of June!

New Armor Sets

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I’d love the medium set for my engie but… that jacket flares like it’s a goshdarned dress.

If it was a trenchcoat, I’d be in.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Not “feeling” these armors at all. Did they fire all their armor designers from the first game or what?

Also my fear has finally happened: new armor being released on the gem store. Since we may not be getting an EP in a while according to recent reports any hope for armors availabe to access by playing the game is shot for now. I just dont want to spend money for weapons/armors unless they’re attached to “gameplay” content if that makes any sense (like the BMP from GW1).

Anyway I feel like I’m being a bit of a Negative Nancy so I’ll just say good luck to those who pursue these when they arrive

(edited by Justin.7163)

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

there are also weapons, and it looks like a World War II patch is coming

New Armor Sets

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Please stop making more coats for medium armour.

This plus stop making just skirts for female light armor wearers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

More ugly trenchcoats for medium armor. Gee thanks.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

New Armor Sets

Riselight.3695

there are also weapons, and it looks like a World War II patch is coming

Not really, more steampunkish stuff

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I dislike the “techno-combat” style armor… If they really want to go in this direction, just release the commando and introduce warfare style combat.

On a side thought, Be pretty awesome to steamroll Stonemist with a few tanks, Helos

New Armor Sets

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Everyone talks about offering skins directly for X gems being better than hiding them behind RNG boxes…. well, for that to happen, we must show Anet, and above all, NCSoft that that is true, and for them to see that two things must happen… first, people should stop buying as many rich dragon coffers (the regular ones are ok since they’re not getting money directly from those) and skins offered as direct sale must be a huge success to show them we prefer getting them that way.

No, i wont spend gems on kittenty armor sets just to show them that this is better than kittening RNG.
I will gladly spend gems as soon as there is good charr armor… until then, sorry, nope.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

New Armor Sets

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

They finally make armour sets, and people bash them for not making them in the style that they wanted. Be happy you’re getting anything at all, clearly they are good in some peoples eyes, and bad in others, doesn’t make these sets flat-out crap. I don’t like them for that matter, but I’m glad ANet is finally making some.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Hmmmm, the light version seems to be cool on Asura. If they are in the shop for a normal price, I could feel tempted. If they come in gambling boxes, do whatever you want with them…

New Armor Sets

Facepunch.5710

They finally make armour sets, and people bash them for not making them in the style that they wanted.

I agree that ‘bashing’ is unjustified, but considering it’s been 10+ months since launch and this is the first and only new armor set introduced, you’ve gotta understand if people express a bit of disappointment if it’s not to their taste, so long as their statements acknowledge that it’s their opinion and they don’t try to make it into an objective declaration like ‘THESE ARE SO UGLY THE END.’

I like the new sets, but I do understand there is some frustration for those who don’t.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I would have loved a set that goes along with the dragon theme. Canthaesque if you so will. But I think my charr engineer will love that outfit, even if I have cut a hole in it myself – for my tail.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and is allowed on these forums as long as it doesn’t involve any inflammatory remarks, sexual content, hatrid/threats towards others, or is completely irelevant to the post at hand.

:)

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Wohoo! More trenchcoats for medium armored females. We really didn’t have enough of those!

/sarcasm off

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Wohoo! More trenchcoats for medium armored females. We really didn’t have enough of those!

/sarcasm off

Apparently you didn’t even look at the armors at all.

Hint: the pictures of the female versions are in the very first post of this thread.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New Armor Sets

Posted by: kingbread.6174

kingbread.6174

petition to at least me the Medium shoulders for males the same as the female one

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

/sarcasm off

Apparently you didn’t even look at the armors at all.

Hint: the pictures of the female versions are in the very first post of this thread.

I did. That’s where I saw the trenchcoat. This refers to a chest piece/ coat that is long, and doesn’t stop at the waist.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ah, you are using a nonstandart, personal definition of a trenchcoat. Can’t really stop you doing that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

On a scale of 1 to 10, how awful will those look an a charr?

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

A quick comment here.

When these skins hit the gem store, if you like them and have the means, please buy them, for as many characters as you could use them.

If they offer the armor for straight sale and the weapons via RNG, I’m in no hurry to get the armor.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Skirts skirts and more skirts. Will light ever get pants? I mean that doesnt cost gem and look like something a cheap stripper would wear?

Yeah I’d like to see more light trousers.

AC trousers are too plain, and I don’t like the back flap on the student’s or country pants.

All that’s left are really the light Vigil leggins, although horrible clipping issues with weapons on asura…