New Armor Sets

New Armor Sets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

New set looks ok. This is going to sound rude but I want more armor sets. I am hoping this is the start of seeing some new ones every other month or so? Lots of weapon choices which is great but armor is a bit bland. I realize that it take a lot more time and resources but kitten would it be nice to have some new armor.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I can’t wait to see this conversation in game…

Asura: What’s that thing on your shoulder?

Norn in Steampunk Heavy Armor: I don’t know.

Asura: It might be a tumor.

Norn in Steampunk Armor: It’s not a tumor!

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

New Armor Sets

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Can we see these on a norn female please? Can’t get in game right now, I’m at work.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

In 10 months this is what they came up with? haha

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Milea.6043

Milea.6043

OMG Steampunk & Pirates is soooo 2000’s. Ridiculous!

Swearing allegiance in life & beyond did Desmina Zqooksha thence become the gods first follower

New Armor Sets

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Skirts skirts and more skirts. Will light ever get pants? I mean that doesnt cost gem and look like something a cheap stripper would wear?

There are light armor pants..

also

the skirt above barely qualifies as a skirt :S

The medium armor looks OK though

That’s what I was thinking, finally something to make my engi look like an engi!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I like the light armor for females but only if it was mixed with other armors. Not really the style I had in mind, but still I think they fit into the story nicely.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

The heavy male armor made me laugh. The gear on the shoulder makes it look like you are a part of a life-size key-chain

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Tastes differ eh?
I certainly like them- might have to mix up some of my armour sets to fit some pieces here and there- depending how you get these.

Gunnar’s Hold

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Tastes differ eh?
I certainly like them- might have to mix up some of my armour sets to fit some pieces here and there- depending how you get these.

I like them, too! But I can see what he means. It’s kind of sad that they’re only just NOW adding a new set. I love the medium & heavy ones in particular, they’re quite adorable.:D

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Wow.

That’s kinda sexy.

Far Shiverpeaks

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Those are ugly. But it’s a start
Where is the PvP Masquerade armor that needs to be added to PvE?
Why are there NPCs that have faces/Hair that we can’t even use?! – Oh wait, wrong thread…

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

This will come from the very depth of my heart and I will be honest about this: – Fire the entire team who are responsible for appearance (armors & outfits).

The design team who are responsible for armors designs have done a horrific job on producing prestige wears. People have complained for very long about the lack of prestige gear for combat. I sound harsh but this is the truth. There are a few SET PIECES of gear that are the exception but that is all. Anets design team need new and fresh designs from other people than people responsible for the current in game armors. I mean that. I feel I have no prestige at all. Everybody looks the same. Even the new armor coming the 25th looks horrible. I want awesome armors. Armors that shine or glow in the dark. I want neon dyes. YES! And I want my gear to thrill and excite others to get the exact same appearance as me. Not run around in my horrible outfit for combat.

To sum this up:

1) New armor design team. Preferable a Korean or just plain Asian team. They know their stuff!

2) Produce more armor designs. ALOT! I know it is time consuming modeling them to suit every race but you are known for creating a breathtaking world and throw out new content for it every month so this should not be a problem.

3) New armor design team.

Xifix | Thief

New Armor Sets

Shanna.4762

This will come from the very depth of my heart and I will be honest about this: – Fire the entire team who are responsible for appearance (armors & outfits).

The design team who are responsible for armors designs have done a horrific job on producing prestige wears. People have complained for very long about the lack of prestige gear for combat. I sound harsh but this is the truth. There are a few SET PIECES of gear that are the exception but that is all. Anets design team need new and fresh designs from other people than people responsible for the current in game armors. I mean that. I feel I have no prestige at all. Everybody looks the same. Even the new armor coming the 25th looks horrible. I want awesome armors. Armors that shine or glow in the dark. I want neon dyes. YES! And I want my gear to thrill and excite others to get the exact same appearance as me. Not run around in my horrible outfit for combat.

To sum this up:

1) New armor design team. Preferable a Korean or just plain Asian team. They know their stuff!

2) Produce more armor designs. ALOT! I know it is time consuming modeling them to suit every race but you are known for creating a breathtaking world and throw out new content for it every month so this should not be a problem.

3) New armor design team.

I don’t think that’s necessary. Look at the concept art for the gear in this game, most of which we don’t have. They know to design amazing sets, and in a few cases they already have. I do agree, and so do many people that they need to really put more effort into new armor sets/skins going forward, 10 months post-launch and they haven’t even added a new set to the gem shop.

Look at GW1 armor sets, though. Many of those sets, in particular the Canthan/Factions sets were incredible for their time. But the aesthetic of Guild Wars has never really been about neon, glowing, and laser light shows out of our shoulder pads (although that would be entertaining for a little bit). It’s always been more about elaborate, and ornate design and this is something that they haven’t done a great job at so far except for as you said, a few sets. Firing the team isn’t the answer, though as I think they’re fully capable of bringing us amazing sets that suit the setting we’re in. Remember that this game takes place at the beginning of an industrial era. We’re moving from the old world into the new one. The steam punk theme is perfect if it is done really well and I personally feel like this is a good start. They may not be the greatest sets as we can tell from a couple pictures, but we have yet to customize them with our own dyes and such and this does not mean they are the only ones coming in the near future.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

I would be much happier if the helmets didn’t cause bald head syndrome like every single helmet in the game.

That being said, I mainly like the shoulder and glove designs, the rest isn’t complex enough to match those imo, they just look like scraps of cloth next to them. I like how the heavy armor is somewhat form fitting at least, so I won’t look like I’m wearing a box or somthing.

I don’t think that’s necessary. Look at the concept art for the gear in this game, most of which we don’t have. They know to design amazing sets, and in a few cases they already have. I do agree, and so do many people that they need to really put more effort into new armor sets/skins going forward, 10 months post-launch and they haven’t even added a new set to the gem shop.

Look at GW1 armor sets, though. Many of those sets, in particular the Canthan/Factions sets were incredible for their time. But the aesthetic of Guild Wars has never really been about neon, glowing, and laser light shows out of our shoulder pads (although that would be entertaining for a little bit). It’s always been more about elaborate, and ornate design and this is something that they haven’t done a great job at so far except for as you said, a few sets. Firing the team isn’t the answer, though as I think they’re fully capable of bringing us amazing sets that suit the setting we’re in. Remember that this game takes place at the beginning of an industrial era. We’re moving from the old world into the new one. The steam punk theme is perfect if it is done really well and I personally feel like this is a good start. They may not be the greatest sets as we can tell from a couple pictures, but we have yet to customize them with our own dyes and such and this does not mean they are the only ones coming in the near future.

Yeah I agree somewhat, GW’s design is just fine without all the glows and the shining lights, they just need to focus on the details, theme, and general aesthetics. I have no problem with industrial like armor, but why does the light and medium look so bulky? It should still fit the class themes somewhat (These fit the Engineer more than anything).

I mean I like that new armor skins are coming out, and these aren’t too bad (I do not like the helmets one bit though… too much “punk” in steampunk), but you have to admit that they can/should do better than this.

(edited by lmaonade.9207)

New Armor Sets

Shanna.4762

I would be much happier if the helmets didn’t cause bald head syndrome like every single helmet in the game.

That being said, I mainly like the shoulder and glove designs, the rest isn’t complex enough to match those imo, they just look like scraps of cloth next to them. I like how the heavy armor is somewhat form fitting at least, so I won’t look like I’m wearing a box or somthing.

^^^ Yes! The heavy looks really, really good on a female character for a change!

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

They finally put some new armor into the game…. and it’s on Gem store?
WTkittens Arena-net!?…

Also, the armor looks mighty ugly.
I don’t think many people will pay real money for it. With the exception of the medium armor, since most current medium sets suck!

…and don’t be toxic!

New Armor Sets

Posted by: KingnOOB.8531

KingnOOB.8531

I’m getting real tired of seeing medium armour trench coats.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

GW2 NPCs still have better looking gear than the players

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

I see a few things i could do with pieces but as a whole there are things I’d hide, like all the helms for example.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

The heavy male armor made me laugh. The gear on the shoulder makes it look like you are a part of a life-size key-chain

Seriously… I don’t know how someone looked at that & said:

“yeah, that looks good. we’ll stick with that!”

like.. seriously? It’s ridiculous. why would they put that there?

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Because it’s steampunk (seriously team, what is it suddenly 2006 again?). The whole idea is you take something vaguely Victorian in design and glue a kittenload of gears and cogs on it. They don’t need to be functional or practical, they just need to be there.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Digging the light and heavy sets

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

New Armor Sets

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Because it’s steampunk (seriously team, what is it suddenly 2006 again?). The whole idea is you take something vaguely Victorian in design and glue a kittenload of gears and cogs on it. They don’t need to be functional or practical, they just need to be there.

Steampunk is a genre of fiction, not a fashion style. What people do with their clothing may be steampunk-inspired, but generally speaking in steampunk fiction all those gears actually do something. Don’t hate whole thing because the nerds that ruin it with their bad fashion sense have muddied the waters.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

New Armor Sets

DarksunG.9537

Too bad that doesn’t explain the idiotic size of this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/darksungames/Clipboard01_zps2c04b368.jpg

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Critwrench.8432

Critwrench.8432

You’re a male Norn. Your entire body is a mixture of idiotic sizes.

A shallow ocean only contains as much water as a particularly deep bucket.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

eh looks ok. Male version look better IMO.

Skirts skirts and more skirts. Will light ever get pants? I mean that doesnt cost gem and look like something a cheap stripper would wear?

Yeah I was hoping for pants as well. I’m hoping they add a set similar in style to the rogue (mesmer) set from guild wars 1 eventually.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

You don’t have to wear the pauldrons people, sheesh. Ever heard of mixing and matching?

eh looks ok. Male version look better IMO.

Yeah I was hoping for pants as well. I’m hoping they add a set similar in style to the rogue (mesmer) set from guild wars 1 eventually.

Ya I really want just one pair of form-fitting pants for my ele. Is that too much to ask?

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

At least the male Light armor is the closest thing to a caster wearing pants…

…and don’t be toxic!

New Armor Sets

DarksunG.9537

You’re a male Norn. Your entire body is a mixture of idiotic sizes.

That would mean something if it followed the form of of his body. Not a SECOND TORSO SPROUTING FROM HIS SHOULDER.

I suppose you think this looks like it fits too:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/darksungames/Clipboard02_zps823b8bef.png

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

New Armor Sets

Shanna.4762

How are people previewing this in pvp ? I can’t find them in the locker thing lol

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Soufflenoir.9016

Soufflenoir.9016

“Ya I really want just one pair of form-fitting pants for my ele. Is that too much to ask?”

“Why are there NPCs that have faces/Hair that we can’t even use?! – Oh wait, wrong thread…”

Yes and yes… +100 !
Dont know what they are waiting for!?

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Quite ugly, for my taste.
GW1 had better armor variety.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Makes me think of bigO for some reason 0_o

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

How are people previewing this in pvp ? I can’t find them in the locker thing lol

The codes in the first post are for the PvP versions of the armor

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

New Armor Sets

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

That gear on the shoulder really is horrific, not gonna lie.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Steampunk is a genre of fiction, not a fashion style. What people do with their clothing may be steampunk-inspired, but generally speaking in steampunk fiction all those gears actually do something. Don’t hate whole thing because the nerds that ruin it with their bad fashion sense have muddied the waters.

Whatever it started as, this is what it is now. Don’t try to throw “no true Scottsman”s at it…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

New Armor Sets

Aeranima.2853

Asura

LIGHT:

Crafted > horrible.
Karma > horrible.
Arah > works.
Ascalon > horrible.
Cuedecu’s Manor > horrible.
Citadel of Flame > works.
Crucible of Eternity > works.
Honor of the Waves > works.
Sorrow’s Embrace > horrible.
Twilight Arbor > prestige.
World vs World > horrrible.
Named > works.
Devous > works.
Dry Bones > works.
Country > horrible.
Stately > works.
Tactical > horrible.
Cultural Tier 1 > horrible.
Cultural Tier 2 > works.
Cultural Tier 3 > works.
Priory > prestige.
Vigil > horrible.
Whispers > horrible.

MEDIUM:

Crafted > horrible.
Karma > horrible.
Arah > works.
Ascalon > horrible.
Honor of the Waves > horrible.
Twilight Arbor > horrible.
Named > horrible.
Rogue > horrible.
Duelist > horrible.
Superior Studded > horrible.
Gunner > horrible.
Conquest > works.
Cultural Tier 1 > works.
Cultural Tier 2 > prestige.
Cultural Tier 3 > horrible.
Priory > horrible.
Vigil > horrible.
Whispers > Prestige.

HEAVY:

Crafted > works.
Karma > horrible.
Arah > works.
Ascalon > horrible.
Cuedecu’s Manor > works.
World vs World > works.
Named > horrible.
Superior Duelist > horrible.
Pit Fighter > horrible.
Worn Chain > horrible.
Heavy Plate > works.
Dark > works.
Plated > works.
Cultural Tier 1 > works.
Cultural Tier 2 > works.
Cultural Tier 3 > prestige.
Priory > horrible.
Vigil > horrible.
Whispers > horrible.

Xifix | Thief

New Armor Sets

Aeranima.2853

Sylvari/Human/Norn

LIGHT:

Crafted > horrible.
Karma > horrible.
Arah > works.
Ascalon > horrible.
Honor of the Waves > works.
Twilight Arbor > prestige.
Named > works.
Devous > works.
Dry Bones > works.
Country > horrible.
Stately > works.
Tactical > horrible.
Cultural Tier 1 (Sylvari) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 2 (Sylvari) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 3 (Sylvari) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 1 (Human) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 2 (Human) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 3 (Human) > works.
Cultural Tier 1 (Norn) > prestige.
Cultural Tier 2 (Norn) > prestige.
Cultural Tier 3 (Norn) > prestige.
Priory > prestige.
Vigil > horrible.
Whispers > works.

MEDIUM:

Crafted > horrible.
Karma > horrible.
Arah > works.
Ascalon > horrible.
Named > horrible.
Rogue > horrible.
Duelist > horrible.
Superior Studded > horrible.
Gunner > horrible.
Conquest > works.
Cultural Tier 1 (Sylvari) > works.
Cultural Tier 2 (Sylvari) > works.
Cultural Tier 3 (Sylvari) > works.
Cultural Tier 2 (Human) > works.
Cultural Tier 3 (Human) > works.
Cultural Tier 1 (Norn) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 2 (Norn) > works.
Cultural Tier 3 (Norn) > horrible.
Priory > horrible.
Vigil > horrible.
Whispers > Prestige.

HEAVY:

Crafted > works.
Karma > horrible.
Arah > works.
Ascalon > horrible.
Cuedecu’s Manor > works.
World vs World > works.
Named > horrible.
Superior Duelist > horrible.
Pit Fighter > horrible.
Worn Chain > horrible.
Heavy Plate > works.
Dark > works. Can use pieces.
Plated > works. Can use pieces.
Cultural Tier 1 (Sylvari) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 2 (Sylvari) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 3 (Sylvari) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 2 (Human) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 3 (Human) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 1 (Norn) > horrible.
Cultural Tier 2 (Norn) > works.
Cultural Tier 3 (Norn) > prestige.
Priory > horrible.
Vigil > horrible.
Whispers > horrible.

Xifix | Thief

New Armor Sets

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

t3 human heavy is horrible? Sorry, but NOPE.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

New Armor Sets

Aeranima.2853

t3 human heavy is horrible? Sorry, but NOPE.

My personal opinion. Never said anything about representing every soul out there.

Edit: Plus, I only went through males.

Xifix | Thief

New Armor Sets

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

My only complaint concerning the new armor skins, is that there is only one per armor-group. I would have liked to see more armor skins in the gem store……more variety. I would likely buy them all.

Come on ANet stop being stingy with new armor skins.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

New Armor Sets

Posted by: RavenHawke.9586

RavenHawke.9586

me too but I’m not sure how you can get around that with all the different hair styles. There would be clipping somewhere that someone would complain about. Perhaps an option to toggle hair showing on or off, and if it looks good, great, if not, toggle it off.

New Armor Sets

Aeranima.2853

me too but I’m not sure how you can get around that with all the different hair styles. There would be clipping somewhere that someone would complain about. Perhaps an option to toggle hair showing on or off, and if it looks good, great, if not, toggle it off.

Great idea my friend.

Xifix | Thief

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

My only complaint concerning the new armor skins, is that there is only one per armor-group. I would have liked to see more armor skins in the gem store……more variety. I would likely buy them all.

Come on ANet stop being stingy with new armor skins.

I pray these will be direct sale, rather than needing an RNG box token to purchase one. I agree, we need a lot more variety of skins in the story. I really expected we would have at least five skins for each armor class by now available via the gemstore and at least as many skins for each weapon. This is a good start, assuming they are for direct sale, but we need a ton more!

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

For me, personally, they all have elements I like and might mix and match, but the only one I would consider buying to wear as a set is the heavy set. For the medium, the white collared shirt and semi-bow tie ruin the chest armor. The boots for the medium and light are poor and clunky. The gauntlets are all nice. The shoulder armors are all decent. The light helm is cool, the other two, not so much. The light armor skirt is ugly and yet another skirt that decides we can’t see bare legs. The light armor top doesn’t fit light armor at all, looks more like medium or heavy armor.

If sold on the TP, once again, a step in the right direction. I might buy one of each, Heavy as a set and the other two to “part out”. There are a lot of armors in the game uglier than these, but the medium and light are still not on par with my hopes/expectations.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

The Medium and Heavy sets look awesome. I really hope they are skins on the gem store at a reasonable price.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Xander.3718

Xander.3718

This armor looks terrible.

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I love the medium female armor

New Armor Sets

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Those costumes look like those D grade Super heroes in comedy movies…

They give me a Mystery Men Movie feel…

http://www.dbcovers.com/imagenes/backdrops/grandes/mystery_men_1999//mystery_men_1999_1.jpg