New Armour skins always with heavy look

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I summarize:

Flame and Frost gloves: giant and only fitting for big armour.

Dragon Bash Helmet: giant horned Dragonhead only fitting for big cloby armour.

Zenith Skins: giant shoulders, centurion helmet huge gloves only fitting for big armour.

Can the developers please give some love to fragile looking casters? I know 90% of the toons are warriors and guardians, but come on please.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

I actually like the new Radiant set as a way to armor up a medium class like Ranger to make them look more armored.

The Zenith helms don’t look so awful as medium either. The Zenith backs are definitely not heavy by any means though.

The Hellfire shoulders and helm could also find a place for light armor as they are more fire/terror niche than true armor.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

We did have that flower backpiece. That was pretty light armor-oriented. =)

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

GW2 is, by design, heavily driven by cosmetic items. Yet, it seems like Anet has decided that the production of cosmetic equipment should be under a low budget. We rarely get equipment skins, and when we do, they’re either incomplete, or only available from the cash shop – and almost always pallete swaps.

It’s just an example of how inconsistent Anet is with its own game.

You would think that a heavily cosmetic-driven game would have more unique medium armor by now, or scholar’s male armor that wouldn’t make us spellcasters choose between picking generic cleric cloth or exaggerately ornamented, hyper-realistic, non-sense grabs. :P

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I for one welcome proper armor looking armor for classes that aren’t heavy.

As far as I’m concerned, and perfectly aware that this is incredibly subjective, while this game does have beautiful armors, it also has precious few of them, with the majority focusing too much in being exotic and flamboyant and not enough in being simple and pretty. I want more things you’d expect actual warriors (if fantastic and magical warriors…) to wear. The kind of designs you’d see in, for example, Dark Souls or Vindictus.

Look at this kitten! Look at this! Or this!

…Etc.

But, hey, personal preference.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Sometimes simplicity and elegance is the best. Even when they are highly stylized.

I would like to see more lordly clothes for light armors, and especially a vampire-themed set. But certainly something more elegant, simple and/ or majestic. Not overburdened with unnecessary accessories and straps.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Both looks boring with no style in mind. Just lets throw some glowing orange and white stuff and people will like it… No thanks.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

GW2 is, by design, heavily driven by cosmetic items. Yet, it seems like Anet has decided that the production of cosmetic equipment should be under a low budget. We rarely get equipment skins, and when we do, they’re either incomplete, or only available from the cash shop – and almost always pallete swaps.

It’s just an example of how inconsistent Anet is with its own game.

You would think that a heavily cosmetic-driven game would have more unique medium armor by now, or scholar’s male armor that wouldn’t make us spellcasters choose between picking generic cleric cloth or exaggerately ornamented, hyper-realistic, non-sense grabs. :P

well said and i agree completely. In 10 months not a single full armor was added and that ugly creature on gem shop shouldn’t be considered as an armor

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I summarize:

Flame and Frost gloves: giant and only fitting for big armour.

Dragon Bash Helmet: giant horned Dragonhead only fitting for big cloby armour.

Zenith Skins: giant shoulders, centurion helmet huge gloves only fitting for big armour.

Can the developers please give some love to fragile looking casters? I know 90% of the toons are warriors and guardians, but come on please.

I would also put the karka shoulders on the list.

My main wears medium armour, but for her I’m always leaning towards lighter looking armour, so plating up is definitely not an option.

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Does anyone have screenshots of all the new stuff?

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

dulfy.net

/15char

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

dulfy.net

/15char

Ah, thanks.

Meh. Not a big fan of ’em.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

well said and i agree completely. In 10 months not a single full armor was added and that ugly creature on gem shop shouldn’t be considered as an armor

Aetherblade armor would like a word with you.

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

Aetherblade armor would like a word with you.

Aetherblade armor can remain in silence with me.

The OP is absolutely right and im a bit tired of this. Add zephyrite helm.

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Some of the radiant stuff should hopefully match my ele’s bifrost pretty well(rainbow glow). But I do agree, every other set just seems better looking on a big norn warrior.

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

So until 10k AP we get only heavy armour.

@ Devs: Will there ever be an adaption to light or medium?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

I don’t know about medium, but I think a great alternative for the radiant gloves in light would be instead of putting that glowy stuff on top of heavy plate, why not just create skin tight ball room type gloves made of a glowy/sparkly fabric. That could have been so pretty, but the current look just doesn’t look right with any of my light armor.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

9000 to get the helmets…ridiculous

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I don’t get why the achievement points required for the armor set is extreme. How many players have enough time to do all the temporary content they put out for achievement points and do both PVE and PVP dailies and monthlies just to get the skin?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’ve got my thief setup to wear the zenith pauldrons and gloves and they aren’t big at all. Coupled with the wind aspect backpiece it looks amazing.

Viking Jorun.5413

I don’t get why the achievement points required for the armor set is extreme. How many players have enough time to do all the temporary content they put out for achievement points and do both PVE and PVP dailies and monthlies just to get the skin?

I just want to get to 10,000 for the title :/

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I say thee nay! I love the armored battlemage look.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

I’ve got my thief setup to wear the zenith pauldrons and gloves and they aren’t big at all. Coupled with the wind aspect backpiece it looks amazing.

I think you mean radiant pauldrons , i dont recall them adding zenith armors. Anywayz I cant imagine that bright look on a glowing thief ? Lol
These armor sets only fit like the guardians and ele’s and in one shade of colour at best. Have fun mix matching

play hard , go pro.

Viking Jorun.5413

I think you mean radiant pauldrons , i dont recall them adding zenith armors. Anywayz I cant imagine that bright look on a glowing thief ? Lol
These armor sets only fit like the guardians and ele’s and in one shade of colour at best. Have fun mix matching

It’s for my PvP thief too! I don’t have to spam blinds, my armor does it for me.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I bet boots will be at 12k, pants at 15k and chest piece at 18k. Be afraid.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November