New Black Feathered Wing Backpack!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

“is this real.”

No, you conjured it up out of thin air in-game, it’s a fake link that just happens to have a graphic attached to it.

/facepalm.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ignoring the bizarre conspiracy part of the post, what do you mean by the number requesting it is “huge”? That would suggest thousands of people and I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen that many requests.

I think the more sensible to thing to do is either post in the main black wings thread or request the white wings in the BL “what we want” thread

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Head to reddit and you will see what I mean.

Also, in case you havent noticed BL forum was closed a looooong time ago.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

ah, can we please have an option to not see these things?

Yes, it is called <insert-another-game-here-preferably-not-a-multiplayer-one>.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I’ll use it on my Tengu when they release them as PC’s.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The forum has yes, the thread has not and its the main one read by devs since they don’t have time to read through all the smaller ones that post every day
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/34#post4638901

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

It is:

• a cautious tribute to the original GW1 Raiment of the Lich outfit with black wings, which gives a solid ground vs. the anti-wing people
  • and checks whether they can proceed with other similar content and whether they can make more money from pro-wing players than irritate anti-wing players,
  • like Glint’s mask, a non-dyable “we will sell it multiple times” later on item.
20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Cmon Anet, the amount of people who has been asking for White Wings is huge, yet only the black ones are introduced?

I instantly felt the same way. Pretty much every opportunity to make something look dark, dead, on fire, marred, broken, old, sick, tarnished, or basically anti life, the art team chooses to do it. It’s why the appearance of the game is so narrow.

For the black wings, I’d rather have a whole other set created. Look at the general structure, uniformity, and texture or each feather, then you’ll see why changing the color wouldn’t be enough.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Raiment_of_the_Lich

Just so you know why. They just sold you the outfit and forgot to add the back -.- now they can earn an additional 300-500 gems… 1000-1200 gems for a nice outifit I wish we could just get armor skins … I would love it if it would come with a free “white” edition
though.

Also Having 1.5 M angels with halo’s and 1.5 ppl running the black wings will not improve your experience…

ANGELS & DEMONS 2 ?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Cmon Anet, the amount of people who has been asking for White Wings is huge, yet only the black ones are introduced?

I instantly felt the same way. What it seems to me is the art team has a taste for the negative. Pretty much every opportunity to make something look dark, dead, on fire, marred, broken, old, sick, tarnished, or basically anti life, they’ll chose to do it. It’s why the appearance of the game is so narrow.

For the black wings, I’d rather have a whole other set created. Look at the general structure, uniformity, and texture or each feather, then you’ll see why changing the color wouldn’t be enough.

I feel you.

The amount of “fire theme” and “dark themed” or “spikes themed” armor/weapons in the game is insane…

There are very few options for those of us who love heavy armor without spikes; eg I like armors such as the Brand or the Radiant set (which bright particles aside, the attention to details in the patterns is incredible!)

Spikes clip with everything. Fire and Death gets dull after a while. I honestly feel that Im in the minority when I play “holy-ish” characters.

As far as the White wings goes, I wold definitely like it if they were a little more spaced to the sides (as in a little tinsy bit more open) and also if it had a really light Genesis (hammer skin) aura/particle.

I would FINALLY finish up my Holy White Guardian archetype I have wanted to finish up so badly (missing some Radiant parts though….grrr AP gains ..)

>Halo
>Radiant Set except White Zephirite Helmet
>Celestial Dye
>Sunrise
>Genesis
>Winged Finisher
>White Wings (when implemented)

There, just perfect.

[/dream]

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Angels and Demons 2…..

Well in this case It should probably be other way around:

Demons and some Angels maybe 2….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Raiment_of_the_Lich

Just so you know why. They just sold you the outfit and forgot to add the back -.- now they can earn an additional 300-500 gems… 1000-1200 gems for a nice outifit I wish we could just get armor skins … I would love it if it would come with a free “white” edition
though.

Also Having 1.5 M angels with halo’s and 1.5 ppl running the black wings will not improve your experience…

ANGELS & DEMONS 2 ?

Yeah but now that its not part of the outfit, you’re free to mix n match with it, where as if it was an outfit,. you could only use it on raiment.

i see this as a plus.

LET ME FLY AWAY

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Those things would be awesome. Been waiting for white ones for so long, using Light Of Dwayna because we don’t have feathered wings.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Definitely cool skin. But will be one of the most over-used back pieces ever. Naturally I will get them to have them, but I doubt I will put them on any characters. I already played Aion lol.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well… ill enjoy the last week of gw2 without winged chars arround every corner to its fullest. Aion wars 2 inbound

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I’ve wanted black wings for awhile for my human ranger, but… wow, those are massive. I’d prefer some that are bigger than the Light of Dwayna backpiece, but not THIS huge. I get the scale makes sense if you were going to actually fly with them, but I’m mentally preparing myself for not being able to see anything at Tequatl after these launch. But congratulations to those of you who are excited for these!

… I’ll probably still buy them.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

I like them, but those will be a real pain in anything other than open world environment.

edgarallanpwn.8739

I like them, but those will be a real pain in anything other than open world environment.

How so?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wooo boy those are big.

I like it! Though I can agree that they could cause some havoc with visibility due to size in small places.

Can you display back pieces with outfits? Because those completely belong with the Raiment of the Lich outfit.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

When I logged in and saw people linking it, I actually groaned.

It’s going to be a repeat of those $%%&$#^ blue flappy wings EVERYONE and their sister wore. Never mind it’s dumb/looks out of place.

IT’S NEW!
IT’s MINE!
IT’S ORIGINAL!
I’M ORIGINAL!
(Standing in a virtual sea of other winged backpacks)
kitten

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Chinese Market VIP item.
/thread

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

When I logged in and saw people linking it, I actually groaned.

It’s going to be a repeat of those $%%&$#^ blue flappy wings EVERYONE and their sister wore. Never mind it’s dumb/looks out of place.

IT’S NEW!
IT’s MINE!
IT’S ORIGINAL!
I’M ORIGINAL!
(Standing in a virtual sea of other winged backpacks)
kitten

“Dumb” is subjective. Some people like them (obviously). I think all the assorted plushie backpacks are “dumb” and “out of place,” but some people love the darn things. Every time I turn around I’m running into someone that has one….tybalt, or a quaggan, or the new fluffy ram.

Are your concerns about a sea of black wings on the day it gets released founded? Sure. Most people tend to flock to the newest shiny toy, but in a relatively short time it’ll ebb and people will swap back to something else, or to the next new thing, etc.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Considering its going to be a gemshop item and not a challenging Ascended crafting prize… I fear I’m going to be sick of them within the first 24 hours.

I would also like some kind of toggle option to remove the sight and sound of other people’s backpacks.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When it first arrives yes we will be in a sea of black feathers. Over time they’ll thin out, however, especially as new shinies come along.

I really love the wings and if I can find an alt they look right on, I’ll be sporting them. I usually have my back invisible, however, except when I’m wearing armor it suits.

What strikes me with these is that if ever there was a backpiece in need of at least two dye channels, it’s these. Let people use barred owl or macaw or peregrine themes (yeah, the wing shape isn’t right, I know). If you’ve read the Sharon Shinn Angels books (which are actually science fiction, btw, and slightly on the romance side without being mindless bodice rippers), the wings in those books tend to shade from one color to another and ooooooh no other fiction has made me want a winged character quite so much.

Posted by: tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

When it first arrives yes we will be in a sea of black feathers. Over time they’ll thin out, however, especially as new shinies come along.

I really love the wings and if I can find an alt they look right on, I’ll be sporting them. I usually have my back invisible, however, except when I’m wearing armor it suits.

What strikes me with these is that if ever there was a backpiece in need of at least two dye channels, it’s these. Let people use barred owl or macaw or peregrine themes (yeah, the wing shape isn’t right, I know). If you’ve read the Sharon Shinn Angels books (which are actually science fiction, btw, and slightly on the romance side without being mindless bodice rippers), the wings in those books tend to shade from one color to another and ooooooh no other fiction has made me want a winged character quite so much.

OMG yes please that would be amazing <3<3<3 I would love to see the outfits people would come up with if they had two dye slots to work with.

As an aside one of the down sides of playing an MMO is you have to deal with other people’s sense of fashion. But just like with larger backpacks like the spinal blades I’m sure people aren’t going to even notice them after they stop being new and shiny (as others before me have said). They’ll become just another particle effect, just another backpack, just another character like every other fashion item in this game.

I mean really how many times do people ACTUALLY notice stuff like that? When you’re in a massive crowd doing the world bosses or in a city and there are bright colors and weird shapes everywhere anyway? Some lone person wandering around Caledon that runs by you and is gone before you can blink?

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

From the front view it looks like a feathered cape/cloak on my Norn.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

So in the dungeon, imagining 5 people with those huge black wings stack in the corner.

I can imagine people using these then complain jumping puzzles are too hard …

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

This thread…

I’ll keep it short and sweet: after a few days, maybe even a few weeks, this back piece will blend in. What I mean by that is that people will become ‘desensitized’ to it. The novelty will wear off eventually, then you will only see them on characters with armors that it actually looks good on. They wont look good on every armor set.

So calm down, all you Iagos. You assume everyone is going to really pay attention to you or notice you. I get it, OP wants to be special when he gets them by having the wings hard to get. I’m going to burst your bubble because someone has to: you’re not special. You’re just regular player/customer like everyone else. We are all equal here in that regard The item is going to be popular with a lot of us and it will get ArenaNet some money. That’s all that matters.

So yes, expect everyone and their grandmother to have them (I will as well because hell yeah black feather wings). Once the novelty wears off they’ll be blended in like all the other new items have done so. You don’t see everyone and their mother running around with the holographic wings or tempered blades anymore, just a few here and there.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Please tell me it’s not going to be easy to get, so that not every single person in the game will have one and ruin it. I am hoping its really hard to get and makes you work for it. Please ANET don’t ruin them. T__T
What do you think (or know) is going to happen with them.

Sure as long as your ok being one of the ones who cant get it. Listen to your self things are not better or worst due to the numbers of ppl who have them. The only important thing is if you like something or not.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

So calm down, all you Iagos. You assume everyone is going to really pay attention to you or notice you. I get it, OP wants to be special when he gets them by having the wings hard to get. I’m going to burst your bubble because someone has to: you’re not special. You’re just regular player/customer like everyone else. We are all equal here in that regard The item is going to be popular with a lot of us and it will get ArenaNet some money. That’s all that matters.

Character Model Limit: Lowest \o/

Posted by: jerkic.6319

jerkic.6319

The most important question, will they come in white? :P
Really need a good back for my guardian.

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

Yes please, I’d actually pay gems for that ability.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Yes please, I’d actually pay gems for that ability.

NO! I’m going to get these wings and you MUST look at them! You shall see my glorious wings god-kitten -it! >_<

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

How so?

They will block a fairly large part of your FoV when on another character. In a cramped environment you won’t see your character if a character with wings is nearby. Jumping puzzles will go from hard mode when norn is doing it parallel with you to an elite mode when the said norn has the wings.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Well, I can tell that’s going to be overused as all get out.

Can’t say I’m a fan of these, too big and silly looking to me, but I know a lot of people have been asking for more traditional wings so I can’t say I’m surprised they’re getting added (and I’m glad those people will be able to enjoy them).

Zera Allimatti.2541

How so?

They will block a fairly large part of your FoV when on another character. In a cramped environment you won’t see your character if a character with wings is nearby. Jumping puzzles will go from hard mode when norn is doing it parallel with you to an elite mode when the said norn has the wings.

Another point I didn’t bring up. Thanks for bringing it up. It’s indeed one more reason why not everyone will have them and why the novelty will die off.

edgarallanpwn.8739

How so?

Another point I didn’t bring up. Thanks for bringing it up. It’s indeed one more reason why not everyone will have them and why the novelty will die off.

While that is a valid point , i have no troubles with jp and view blocking or anything because i use distance to gauge my jumps.

I know ill be getting a pair anyways just because i like them, but i am a tiny little human female

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Please tell me it’s not going to be easy to get, so that not every single person in the game will have one and ruin it. I am hoping its really hard to get and makes you work for it. Please ANET don’t ruin them. T__T
What do you think (or know) is going to happen with them.

Ah, another one of the infamous “I can only enjoy content if 5% of the community has access to it” people. Just for this thread, I hope it is easy to get. Wanting to deny a backpack to most of the community just so you can look unique is deplorable.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Oh god I want it. I hope it’s gem store. they can have all my money

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Oh god I want it. I hope it’s gem store. they can have all my money

http://dulfy.net/2015/02/25/gw2-upcoming-gemstore-items-from-feb-24-patch/

It seems so and some other things too next week though.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

FINALLY AFTER 2 LONG YEARS WINGS ARE HERE, OH MY GOD… i hope the wings are dye-able?

They’re a back piece. Back pieces are never dyeable.

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

I couldn’t care less about popularity. It’s simply a matter of “does it actually suit any of my characters?”

The other ones were small and the constant flapping was just dumb. These look way better. However, the only character I currently have that these might suit is my necro…

Just previewed it. My necro is a vampire so these are kinda/sorta but not quite there. Maybe if they were skin based (bat, dragon, etc.).

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Meh. They look cool, but unless I can actually fly with them or skin them to the gliders coming out later, I don’t care enough.

Also, it should’ve been dyeable. But that’s just me.

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Oh can we get a pair of white ones aswell?
Attach it to this backpiece.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_of_Dwayna

Would be a way better skin for it.

Best regards

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

Zera Allimatti.2541

I’m actually surprised no one brought this up yet:

<insert stereotypical mouth-breather voice here> “Can we cut them in half? I want to be Sephiroth.”

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I desperately want these as a glider skin instead of a backpiece. Their massive size would make so much sense in that form and they’d disappear when you’re on the ground. That just… seems like the best of both words. Realish wings you can actually use to fly and that I don’t have to see blocking even more of my screen in jumping puzzles/open world. They’re so pretty, but it’s a shame they don’t dye.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Posted by: Cryformercy.3056

Cryformercy.3056

I don’t really understand why there is such problem that everybody will have them. Well, finally something nice that people who don’t spend in the game that much time can get that… Because most of the time is – oh look another pretty thing that i want but i will not get that – because i need bladders and/or recipes which cost so much, and there is more on ingredients… well i don’t mind, that there is ascended or legendary or really hard getting things, but i don’t understand why you need to complain about that… like omg everyone will have them…so you have free will not to buy them. Everyone in the game have opportunity to customize his character and i think its almost impossible to find two same characters… maybe you can have something similar, but definitely not same…(faces, hair,colours, armour, body, races, height)
personally i think wings are great – maybe too big, but in overall – something completely new…and yes if they would be dyeable it would be much cooler

edgarallanpwn.8739

I don’t really understand why there is such problem that everybody will have them. Well, finally something nice that people who don’t spend in the game that much time can get that… Because most of the time is – oh look another pretty thing that i want but i will not get that – because i need bladders and/or recipes which cost so much, and there is more on ingredients… well i don’t mind, that there is ascended or legendary or really hard getting things, but i don’t understand why you need to complain about that… like omg everyone will have them…so you have free will not to buy them. Everyone in the game have opportunity to customize his character and i think its almost impossible to find two same characters… maybe you can have something similar, but definitely not same…(faces, hair,colours, armour, body, races, height)
personally i think wings are great – maybe too big, but in overall – something completely new…and yes if they would be dyeable it would be much cooler

It’s because the guys who spend their life on this game want the cool stuff to be gated so only certain players(aka those with more time) can have it. they want to be special snowflakes

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Hmmm…. what I am concerned about the most is that will this be made available for a limited time as well? A part of me doesn’t want to as I am currently investing my gold though getting the best gear for my engineer yet at the same time.

I can totally see my necromancer wearing those wings like a true angel of death.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

This is what’s going to happen:

Week 1 everyone uses it
Week 2 The item is no longer obtainable
Month 1 Hype goes down and less and less people use it
Month 3 You see it as rarely kittentered holo wings and people start using it again

And by Month 6 I’ll actively use it on my Necro XD