New Black Feathered Wing Backpack!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

I HOPE….i just for for the love of our sweet saviour god that those wings are just as cheap as they can posibly be…i realize they won’t be free, but OH MY GOD do i want everyone, and i mean everyone!!!!! i’ll even buy the game for some of my friends and then gift them the wings and force them to run around the world just so i can feel the sadness and despair of our beloved OP.

Just because you think you are so special…and important, just because mommy said that you are the greatest…doesn’t mean you are… Why would you take the wings from 95% of the players…just so you can feel special?

There are plenty items like that, Legendaries, Ascended Armour, and the 2 backpacks that eat T6 materials….(i really want to make one but it;s just so expensive >.< ) anyway… get over yourself…

They do look great on my Thief, for my warrior i’ll stick with what i have already.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Oh can we get a pair of white ones aswell?
Attach it to this backpiece.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_of_Dwayna

Would be a way better skin for it.

Best regards

Please no. If you want white wings then by all means add them, but leave Light of Dwayna alone. Its already got a really nice skin as it is, and I much prefer the little wings on that than having huge wings like this personally. Why change an existing skin that people already like when you can just add a new one and make everyone happy.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Awesome black wings??? Sounds like P2W.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: ehv.1504

ehv.1504

Hoping its limited for only 1 week. dont want to see all the players in the game using it.

Posted by: Cryformercy.3056

Cryformercy.3056

I don’t really understand why there is such problem that everybody will have them. Well, finally something nice that people who don’t spend in the game that much time can get that… Because most of the time is – oh look another pretty thing that i want but i will not get that – because i need bladders and/or recipes which cost so much, and there is more on ingredients… well i don’t mind, that there is ascended or legendary or really hard getting things, but i don’t understand why you need to complain about that… like omg everyone will have them…so you have free will not to buy them. Everyone in the game have opportunity to customize his character and i think its almost impossible to find two same characters… maybe you can have something similar, but definitely not same…(faces, hair,colours, armour, body, races, height)
personally i think wings are great – maybe too big, but in overall – something completely new…and yes if they would be dyeable it would be much cooler

It’s because the guys who spend their life on this game want the cool stuff to be gated so only certain players(aka those with more time) can have it. they want to be special snowflakes

Yes, i understand that, like i spend so much time doing that i want to have something that others don’t have. But i think there is so much things, which me – time to time player- would like to have but never will..legendary, all those back items like – light of dwayna, lyssas mirror, those dragon wings, mawdrey, luminescent armor or just ascended armour. As i just dont want to spend so many time and gold. I play for fun.And here just some wings, which even not so many people like -omg everyone will have them – so? for some time, when there will be another nice thing

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Hmmm…. what I am concerned about the most is that will this be made available for a limited time as well? A part of me doesn’t want to as I am currently investing my gold though getting the best gear for my engineer yet at the same time.

I can totally see my necromancer wearing those wings like a true angel of death.

Of course it will be for a limited time. A highly sought after item like this is going to be limited time only because of the profit potential.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Electro.4173

Hmmm…. what I am concerned about the most is that will this be made available for a limited time as well? A part of me doesn’t want to as I am currently investing my gold though getting the best gear for my engineer yet at the same time.

I can totally see my necromancer wearing those wings like a true angel of death.

Of course it will be for a limited time. A highly sought after item like this is going to be limited time only because of the profit potential.

I’m honestly not sure it’ll be limited time at all.

Most of the Gem Store back items have been permanent additions. The only exception is Rox’ Quiver, off the top of my head, and that’s in a unique place in that its tied to the Biconics, and all of their weapons rotate in and out of the Gem Store so it makes sense that the Quiver would as well.

I mean, I wouldn’t count on it sticking around if you really want it, definitely buy it ASAP just in case, but… I wouldn’t be surprised to see it stick around permanently.

(edited by Electro.4173)

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

I agree with OP. These things should at the very least be put on gem store for one week. It would have been better if this was a legendary backpiece and had some particle effect. Honestly sometimes i wish gw2 would take off the training wheels when it comes to content, and cater to people who want a real sense of reward exclusivity for playing:

Different Legendary armor acquired from world bosses and dungeon drops that allows you to pick stats equivalent to ascended and also unlocks a unique skill, nothing over powered.

Legendary backpieces that allow you to do stuff like gliding, active bursts in movement speed.

If Anet finally manages to really improve the AI, they could do some next level stuff with this game but noooo, they are concerned with casuals.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I love the wings. I’m definitely going to get them. I just hope Anet also release a celestial colored version as well. Can’t have black wings without white wings!

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Raiment_of_the_Lich

Just so you know why. They just sold you the outfit and forgot to add the back -.- now they can earn an additional 300-500 gems… 1000-1200 gems for a nice outifit I wish we could just get armor skins … I would love it if it would come with a free “white” edition
though.

Also Having 1.5 M angels with halo’s and 1.5 ppl running the black wings will not improve your experience…

ANGELS & DEMONS 2 ?

To be honest I actually like the raiment of the lich and the black feathered wings as separate items. This way I don’t have to wear wings with my outfit, and I can wear those wings with any other look I’m going for. It’s a win-win when you think about it, cause outfits DO limit your uniqueness a little bit.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Raiment_of_the_Lich

Just so you know why. They just sold you the outfit and forgot to add the back -.- now they can earn an additional 300-500 gems… 1000-1200 gems for a nice outifit I wish we could just get armor skins … I would love it if it would come with a free “white” edition
though.

Also Having 1.5 M angels with halo’s and 1.5 ppl running the black wings will not improve your experience…

ANGELS & DEMONS 2 ?

To be honest I actually like the raiment of the lich and the black feathered wings as separate items. This way I don’t have to wear wings with my outfit, and I can wear those wings with any other look I’m going for. It’s a win-win when you think about it, cause outfits DO limit your uniqueness a little bit.

I wholeheartely agree with the fact outfits are no very customizable…. (I do not like them) And thus I like the wings as a seperate backitem, but IMHO they should have been part of the raiment of the lich outfit package in the first place… As a seperate backpiece…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I hope they add this item to a couple of the NPC Norn Raven shamans.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

I agree with OP. These things should at the very least be put on gem store for one week. It would have been better if this was a legendary backpiece and had some particle effect. Honestly sometimes i wish gw2 would take off the training wheels when it comes to content, and cater to people who want a real sense of reward exclusivity for playing:

Different Legendary armor acquired from world bosses and dungeon drops that allows you to pick stats equivalent to ascended and also unlocks a unique skill, nothing over powered.

Legendary backpieces that allow you to do stuff like gliding, active bursts in movement speed.

If Anet finally manages to really improve the AI, they could do some next level stuff with this game but noooo, they are concerned with casuals.

muttering under her breath Filthy casuals….

But no seriously…. as cliche and overused and whatever as it is… if you want a game that’s more ‘hardcore’ or challenging then well… play another game that’s more hardcore or challenging.

As someone who, even though she has a ton of time to play, doesn’t like putting that much effort into an mmo I’m glad there’s one that gives me all the cool items and cool equipment and a sense of having a really awesome character without the hassle of dedicating my life to mastering the game as I would my job. I’m happy that GW2 allows me to either grind out the gold, materials, what have you for the really awesome stuff; or open my wallet and get it all the same if I don’t want to bother with it.

There’s nothing wrong with them being concerned with casuals and making decisions based around a casual market. The whole argument kinda feels like, to me, someone playing Portal and complaining that there aren’t enough bad guys to shoot.

Of course that being said I also don’t see anything wrong with them adding in more difficult content for those who want it, and rewards to fit. I just don’t feel it should be the main market.

Nike.2631

So… getting some costumes ready now for when this hits .

Attachments:

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i’m really not getting how a skin is P2W……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: proofen.7281

proofen.7281

It looks kittening awesome!!

Attachments:

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

Pay to wear

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Pay to wear

lol everything is….. using one form of currency or another

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Pay to wear

Play to wear or Pay to wear

Very flexible and user friendly, win win actually.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Lol, some code of black attachable wings and the community is already nerdraging that there are no white ones. Guys, what the kitten are you 15 year olds? Get a kittening grip!

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

screw white…imagine red bloody wings!!!! ooo yeah i can already imagine them on my char warrior, like an agel of death and destruction with a big kitten greatsword ^^ OHHH MYY GOODD

instead of white can we have them red in the future? ^^(also just to mess up with all the angels around here xD )

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

Time to swap out holo wings, yay!

Attachments:

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

That looks really good.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I think there’s some pretty needless aggression towards people who find value skins needing to be earned (especially in a game where aesthetics are the endgame), and that’s from someone who doesn’t care if these are gem store or not. Wanting rewards for your efforts is perfectly reasonable, just as wanting to be able to buy them is. Having differing opinions on this is no need for hostility.

That aside, I hope that this skin (and the wings that I assume will follow it) overwrites your glider skin. So that you actually use the wings to glide if you have them equipped. Having wings that big, but using a glider instead, would look weird.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Don’t know if anyone has noticed but those wings are suspiciously taken to the Raiment of the Lich Costume’s wings from GW1. They split the wings from the costume double the profits! =D Still getting them by the way.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Nike.2631

That would be called “recognizing value” on their part.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

That looks awesome

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

I think there’s some pretty needless aggression towards people who find value skins needing to be earned (especially in a game where aesthetics are the endgame), and that’s from someone who doesn’t care if these are gem store or not. Wanting rewards for your efforts is perfectly reasonable, just as wanting to be able to buy them is. Having differing opinions on this is no need for hostility.

That aside, I hope that this skin (and the wings that I assume will follow it) overwrites your glider skin. So that you actually use the wings to glide if you have them equipped. Having wings that big, but using a glider instead, would look weird.

I agree, seems lot of people have no problem jumping on the fifthly “elitist” for even hinting that a skin should take any kinda effort to get yet act so scandalized for them dare even mentioning it. Makes me shake my head at the double standards some people seem to have.

As for the wings it nice that anet is putting in something that i know a lot of people have been wanting. I dont think i will getting them as i dont want to be one of the masses of bird people that are going to be running around. Cramp my style running around looking like a clone of everyone else xp.

edgarallanpwn.8739

I agree, seems lot of people have no problem jumping on the fifthly “elitist” for even hinting that a skin should take any kinda effort to get yet act so scandalized for them dare even mentioning it. Makes me shake my head at the double standards some people seem to have.

As for the wings it nice that anet is putting in something that i know a lot of people have been wanting. I dont think i will getting them as i dont want to be one of the masses of bird people that are going to be running around. Cramp my style running around looking like a clone of everyone else xp.

That’s because the “filthy elitists” want to gate it to an extent that people will be special snowflakes. What’s wrong with having something easy to get too?

This game has such customization that it would be stupid for ALL “stereotypically cool” costmetic items to be locked behind a gate of some kind, whether its AP based, specific achievement based, dungeon based etc.

I’m ok with that happening, i really am, but not for every item. there should be a couple nice “easily accessible, or p2w items”.

When i came to gw2 i love it here, but one thing it really removed for me was the grind. I could get a lot of stuff to play without grinding, and with what little grind was left, i enjoyed it. Locking everything cool behind more grinding to me puts gw2 back in line with other mmo’s, You just need to balance things out.

Ultimately its up to anet, and i see both sides, however, i just don’t think the “special snowflake” viewpoint is the right one.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

If people like the OP want to grind for the wings they still can. Grind for a few hours to get the gold needed to convert to gems and then get the wings that way. Voilla, you just got yourself some wings that you worked really hard for! Congrats!

Me? I rather just “grind” 1 hour extra in real life in the weekend (working as a bartender) and get my wings that way. And don’t you dare tell me your stupid in-game grind is more meaningful than my 1 hour extra bartending, because my bartending helps really thirsty people in real life while your in-game grinding helps no one. I think helping people get drunk is a noble cause and therefor I deserve these wings!

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

edgarallanpwn.8739

If people like the OP want to grind for the wings they still can. Grind for a few hours to get the gold needed to convert to gems and then get the wings that way. Voilla, you just got yourself some wings that you worked really hard for! Congrats!

Me? I rather just “grind” 1 hour extra in real life in the weekend (working as a bartender) and get my wings that way. And don’t you dare tell me your stupid in-game grind is more meaningful than my 1 hour extra bartending, because my bartending helps really thirsty people in real life while your in-game grinding helps no one. So HAH, check mate filthy elitists!

You work in an environment giving alcohol in a public place that typically has to be driven to. Bar establishments encourage drinking and driving, due to the fact the BAC only diminishes by a certain percent per hour, based upon the personals ability to metabolize alcohol, and their weight/blood count.

Sure people don’t HAVE to drink at the bar, they could drink at home, but you guys provide a medium of danger that wasn’t there before. This opens up more chances for something to occur, and could be considered endangering. Whether or not it’s the customers fault for drinking at the bar doesn’t matter in this sense.

If you REAAALLLY want to go there

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Well just need a pair of red ones now.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

You work in an environment giving alcohol in a public place that typically has to be driven to. Bar establishments encourage drinking and driving, due to the fact the BAC only diminishes by a certain percent per hour, based upon the personals ability to metabolize alcohol, and their weight/blood count.

Sure people don’t HAVE to drink at the bar, they could drink at home, but you guys provide a medium of danger that wasn’t there before. This opens up more chances for something to occur, and could be considered endangering. Whether or not it’s the customers fault for drinking at the bar doesn’t matter in this sense.

yeah and people who sell kitchen knives open up chances for someone to gouge his eye out and this could be considered endangering
not only completely offtopic, but also complete bullkitten

as for the wings, i think ill wait for flaming wings (we have flaming everything so why not wings), or maybe buy them if they are less than 70g

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Whats wrong with having something cool be “easy” to get? Don’t we have enough cool stuff that is also a huge grind?

Any legendary, Spirit weapons, Ambrite weapons, those Halloween skins, “of Dreams” set, Infinite Light, Feathers of Dwayna, Wings of Dwayna, Gift of Dwayna, Conjured weapon skins (like Volcanus), Stygian Blade, Fantasm weapon set (like Visions of the Mists), Shadow of Grenth, Reaper of Souls.

And the list goes on and on.

There are so many pieces of gear that require a big fat grind to get already. If there is any “needles” aggression towards the elitist who want everything grind-gated it’s because so much stuff, so many cool items, are already a huge grind.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

im afraid of how much it will cost =/ i hope not alot because i cant afford to buy gems with euros so im using my gold.

Posted by: TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

im afraid of how much it will cost =/ i hope not alot because i cant afford to buy gems with euros so im using my gold.

either 300 or 500 going on what back skins are already in the gemstore

my fate is my own, I will not be Mordremoth’s slave!- Ezonos Nightbriar

edgarallanpwn.8739

yeah and people who sell kitchen knives open up chances for someone to gouge his eye out and this could be considered endangering
not only completely offtopic, but also complete bullkitten

as for the wings, i think ill wait for flaming wings (we have flaming everything so why not wings), or maybe buy them if they are less than 70g

People don’t use and open knives randomly in public though, endangering other people. 1 person stabbing themself isn’t as endangering as someone in a 2000lb vehicle capable of going over 100mph and hitting other people.

Getting alcohol in your blood and driving does.

I wouldn’t mind flaming wings, and stuff like that could be locked behind specific achievements and stuff but, who knows what theyll do. Kind of how like lesser versions of upgradeable pieces are easy to get, but the ascended or “better looking” pieces are crafted or earned.

And the price for wings will probably be 4-500 gems

(edited by edgarallanpwn.8739)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

people don’t HAVE to drink at the bar, they could drink at home, but you guys provide a medium of danger that wasn’t there before.

First: awesome handle.

But youve got it all wrong. Drinking establishments that one needs to travel to visit predate the automobile by thousands of years. The bars are not providing a medium of danger that wasnt there before car manufacturers and purchasers are.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

the replica tron backpack is 800 gems though if i remember correctly

Posted by: azzy.6485

azzy.6485

the replica tron backpack is 800 gems though if i remember correctly

I wouldn’t buy them at 800 – 600 would be pushing it and only if they were limited time, otherwise I’d wait for a sale. <=500 would be instant buy though

edgarallanpwn.8739

people don’t HAVE to drink at the bar, they could drink at home, but you guys provide a medium of danger that wasn’t there before.

First: awesome handle.

But youve got it all wrong. Drinking establishments that one needs to travel to visit predate the automobile by thousands of years. The bars are not providing a medium of danger that wasnt there before car manufacturers and purchasers are.

Thanks! you should google my name. The pictures hilarious

True, good point however, it still doesn’t change that time’s themselves have changed, and where this was not possible before, the endangment is still there.

Due to the increased size of cities and the fact most bars are not in the “same town”: (definition of towns and cities has grown since the population density of areas has increased, and also the way housing has been done) which was much smaller during earlier times, now almost everything is a “drive” away. The majority the population now won’t have a bar right down the street, and even if they, it’s typical to drive.\

Time’s have changed, and what used to happen while it predates this, still poses a threat regardless due to the way things work now. We have these vehicles that are required(not really, but who’s going to take a carriage(LOL) or walk an hour to their local bar a few miles away?) transportation through a motor vehicle of a particular weight is required practically these days, and establishments are not as close as they used to be in towns back then.

I’d wonder what the actual number of people drinking while using taxis/public transportation/DD is compared to those who drink + drive in the loosest sense(aka any alcohol, thats not metabolized full yet determined by bac content)

Now i’m not blaming the establishments entirely at all, i did say in a previous post that the people still have to choose to drink and then drive, but the combination of these is still available more so by serving “open alcohol(you have to drink it there)”, rather than a liquor store than serves bottled liquor for you to take away.

And to keep things on topic, i wonder if anyones got any footage of these wings being used so we can see how bad the clipping issues and other problems that people are worried about might be.

I personally dont have any issues with view blocking and jp etc, but others have said they woudl

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Please tell me it’s not going to be easy to get, so that not every single person in the game will have one and ruin it. I am hoping its really hard to get and makes you work for it. Please ANET don’t ruin them. T__T
What do you think (or know) is going to happen with them.

I wonder why would everyone (or at least, many) having the wings “ruin” it? Sure, some of them will obstruct views, but if it’s not game-breaking, then it should be fine.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

It looks kittening awesome!!

What’s that mask?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

But no seriously…. as cliche and overused and whatever as it is… if you want a game that’s more ‘hardcore’ or challenging then well… play another game that’s more hardcore or challenging.

As someone who, even though she has a ton of time to play, doesn’t like putting that much effort into an mmo I’m glad there’s one that gives me all the cool items and cool equipment and a sense of having a really awesome character without the hassle of dedicating my life to mastering the game as I would my job. I’m happy that GW2 allows me to either grind out the gold, materials, what have you for the really awesome stuff; or open my wallet and get it all the same if I don’t want to bother with it.

There’s nothing wrong with them being concerned with casuals and making decisions based around a casual market. The whole argument kinda feels like, to me, someone playing Portal and complaining that there aren’t enough bad guys to shoot.

Of course that being said I also don’t see anything wrong with them adding in more difficult content for those who want it, and rewards to fit. I just don’t feel it should be the main market.

Let me rephrase, i don’t mind that the game being attractive to casuals, as someone who doesnt have a legendary yet after playing for 2 years and still doesnt have spare gold farmed to craft it yet. I’m also still just at over 5k AP so i get the whole casual thing. What i don’t like is the entire game seemingly built around casuals especially when it comes to the reward system.

These days i have zero interest in pve, doing hearts is so boring and I really don’t get anything from it. I’m still at 74% map completion. I miss games like runescape where there is a real fear of death on quests (probably because you lose quite a bit when you die), you walk through a spooky mansion and you feel like you are going to get a heart attack. I think a really decent penalty for death (maybe not inventory) would be good for the game because combat is skill based.

Take runes of magic, even though you don’t lose stuff when you die, soloing quests was actually pretty dangerous when i played it and forget about soloing dungeons.

Now i dont even represent a guild and have no interest in going back to one. I don’t need commendations, logging in gives you laurels now and pvp gives me gold so i just keep playing then get accessories when i need them, which isn’t very often now.

I log in, its straight to pvp i can get everything through that. I get a lot of stuff that just sits in my inventory, my ascended rings i dont need, mats just sit in bank, excess just take up space in my bags. Its gotten to the point where winning or losing makes no difference.

If Anet wants to appeal to both casuals and harcore players i can think of many ways of doing this.

edgarallanpwn.8739

Let me rephrase, i don’t mind that the game being attractive to casuals, as someone who doesnt have a legendary yet after playing for 2 years and still doesnt have spare gold farmed to craft it yet. I’m also still just at over 5k AP so i get the whole casual thing. What i don’t like is the entire game seemingly built around casuals especially when it comes to the reward system.

These days i have zero interest in pve, doing hearts is so boring and I really don’t get anything from it. I’m still at 74% map completion. I miss games like runescape where there is a real fear of death on quests (probably because you lose quite a bit when you die), you walk through a spooky mansion and you feel like you are going to get a heart attack. I think a really decent penalty for death (maybe not inventory) would be good for the game because combat is skill based.

Take runes of magic, even though you don’t lose stuff when you die, soloing quests was actually pretty dangerous when i played it and forget about soloing dungeons.

Now i dont even represent a guild and have no interest in going back to one. I don’t need commendations, logging in gives you laurels now and pvp gives me gold so i just keep playing then get accessories when i need them, which isn’t very often now.

I log in, its straight to pvp i can get everything through that. I get a lot of stuff that just sits in my inventory, my ascended rings i dont need, mats just sit in bank, excess just take up space in my bags. Its gotten to the point where winning or losing makes no difference.

If Anet wants to appeal to both casuals and harcore players i can think of many ways of doing this.

Your problem is that you want hardcore play out of a casual game. And this won’t happen. This game was designed entirely to be different. And if you’re not ok with that, that’s fine, it just means theres a better game out there suited for what you want.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I will probbably not buy it because it will be hideous how many people will have those wings not to mention asuras run around with those things on their back looking like imps. And clipping problems and imagine jumping a jp with those, you can hardly see anything.

Electro.4173

Don’t know if anyone has noticed but those wings are suspiciously taken to the Raiment of the Lich Costume’s wings from GW1. They split the wings from the costume double the profits! =D Still getting them by the way.

I suppose that’s one way to look at it. The other way, however, would be that if they were part of the outfit then you couldn’t use them with anything else. This way, as a standalone back item, you can mix them with anything you want.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I suppose that’s one way to look at it. The other way, however, would be that if they were part of the outfit then you couldn’t use them with anything else. This way, as a standalone back item, you can mix them with anything you want.

It’s also very possible that the game isn’t set up for outfits to override existing backpieces, which means there would be people with wings and another backpiece at the same time. So either they couldn’t override the other backpieces or they made them separate to respect the wishes of those who want to use another backpiece with the Lich outfit and those who want to wear the wings with their armor.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Suddenly this feels… very WoWy… I’m not really opposed to the wings, but I’d like for there to not be a considerable increase in large, obtrusive items like this.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054