New Blog Post Up for 2nd Half! Discussion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I like it- I like it a lot.
So many of the things people have been asking for forever.

Just one thing I don’t understand- if the new craftables are account bound, why do they state that they want to make it profitable for high level crafters?
I’m being dense here, please explain it to me.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Just one thing I don’t understand- if the new craftables are account bound, why do they state that they want to make it profitable for high level crafters?

I got the impression the gear will be account bound but the materials you’ll be able to sell.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yeah, but I was after the MF bonus more than the Celestial stats.

I have both a set of Carrion (maybe to be replaced by Rabid in the future) and Soldiers’ (maybe one day Sentinel’s) for my condineer. I don’t think I need a Celestial set, on its own.

You may as well make your Celestial armor anyway, the quartz isn’t worth much so make it and enjoy the MF while you can, the MF changes could arrive in December for all we know.

As for this blog post, I love what I read there, I really like the direction they’re taking the game at the moment.

Its been a bit rocky at times in the past and I’ve been critical of them at times but I really think they’re getting into their stride now, well done ArenaNet, keep it up!

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

My concerns still stand though when it comes to ascended gear and fixed stats, just didn’t want to see the rune/gem/sigil system be compromised by having fixed stats.
Right now it only effects backs and trinkets(every combo still not in), so not a huge issue atm. Does set a precedent in my mind though.

Ascended Runes and Sigils could be invented. Allows crafters to make money when leveling from 400-500.

All in all, excellent future in my book.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

well , good news .. but if they want to remove MF gear ..

for exemple :
im very curious on how they will fix my Ascended Amulet with a 20% MF infusion .. they just can’t remove it just like that

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Being able to change legendary’s stats on the fly is one of the best little details mentioned in the blog. It means you won’t need to grind for different ascended gear every time you want to adapt your build to each type of content. GW2 is unfair to players with multiple builds or multiple characters, so this is a nice change, but it’ll only affect a small portion of the playerbase. It would be nice if Anet changed ascended’s soul bound mechanic to account bound. In the current system, players with a single build and a single character save a lot of money while players who like diversity and like to experiment are heavily punished.

The dungeon reward is smart. Not only it’ll scale with how fast each run is, but it’ll incentivate people to try different dungeons instead of repeating the same one over and over.

Good thing the game will have better tutorials too, especially considering how many forms of currency exist now, and how many forms of reward will exist in the future. It’s very important that new players will be aware of how the many currencies and the many reward systems work.

I found some things to be a bit vague, though. Will the new traits and skills just be unlocked with the current skill point system? Are they simply adding more skill challenges, or are they adding a new, different system to unlock future skills? It was a bit more confusing because they coupled traits with skills here. Won’t new traits be unlocked simply by speccing, or will they get affected by a new system too?

Also, we get confirmation that precursors will be made through crafting, and that’s excellent news, but not enough. It’s better having precursors being farmed and grinded than depending on RNG, but what about the epic precursor hunt promised? Is that one still coming? There are people who want to get legendary gear by doing legendary tasks, like challenging content, epic bosses or exploring the world – not simply just by gathering and crafting materials.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

for exemple :
im very curious on how they will fix my Ascended Amulet with a 20% MF infusion .. they just can’t remove it just like that

It could be as simply as giving you a means to trade in the amulet for a different ascended one, or converting the existing ones to something different.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

• Specific way of getting the precursor

that were useless until they dcided the bait and switch making egendary a tier

• More skills and traits as progression

Still to see how much of them and paired to how much grind……
They felt the necessity to pair ANYTHING with grind and as you can read you will need to grind your way to new skills and traits also.

• Improvement on rewards
  • Doing something about MF

Nerf in drops and stuff about grinding again?

Nope, ANet doesn’t listen at all.

No they dont listen their playerbase who made it extremely clear they didn t want ascended stuff and “progression”.

And unless you show me some feedback of the proportion of the anti ascended thread then you can t say the opposite.

(but you can see in ANY site talking about gw2 how the game is defined as a grindy with no endgame).

Really just grasping at straws aren’t you buddy?

Probably should give it a rest before you blow something.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Meh, I’m not too thrilled with the new ascended armors being time-gated.

I’d be willing to bet that the new legendary gear being introduced are legendary backpieces. That will be so awesome.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’d be willing to bet that the new legendary gear being introduced are legendary backpieces. That will be so awesome.

The thing is we already have awesome looking backpieces that glow and have special effects. Legendary backpieces would definitely be low-priority for me.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

I like everything but the ascended items. The difference between rare and exotic armor and weapons is quite substantial. However, I did not mind the ascended trinkets as much because, when you do the math of exotic jewelry v. ascended, the difference is very small compared to your normal attributes.

However, if the up base weapon damage and up the defense and the huge amount of attributes from your armor and weapons, the difference between all ascended v. all exotic could be as large as the difference between all exotic v. all rare.

My rare equipped characters cannot compete with my exotic equipped ones. When I upgrade from rare to exotic, challenging content becomes easy as long as I don’t do anything overly risky. Up it again and a lot of places that are challenging now will become like running around in Ashford or Queensdale.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I love most of what I just read. Little concerned that it will be even harder to find dungeon groups now, and that potentially there’s a lot more to be missed if you can’t (like the skins from the reward chests) … but I guess I’ll wait and see. If there are lots of other skins being dropped from champions in the open world then that might not bother me at all. :p

Pifil.5193

for exemple :

Maybe they will replace it with another infusion (+20% gold for example) or “uninfuse” it?

Another question of course is what happens to Explorer’s, Traveler’s and Wayfarer’s armour and the equivalent gems, the various runes and sigils and so on? I’ll be interested in seeing what they do here alright.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

for exemple :

Maybe they will replace it with another infusion (+20% gold for example) or “uninfuse” it?

Another question of course is what happens to Explorer’s, Traveler’s and Wayfarer’s armour and the equivalent gems, the various runes and sigils and so on? I’ll be interested in seeing what they do here alright.

Well if they can replace stats on a Legendary on the fly, I’m sure they can try and temporarily enable the ability to change stats for those three types of gears. Then put out a blog post and say that if you don’t convert your gear in 2 months, too bad, we’re going to disable the ability to change the stats and then also delete MF gear from the game.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m so glad I just crafted my Frenzy Monday night…. geesh…. new legendaries before updating the existing ones? Didn’t see that happening. Oh well, time to save for the third legendary I guess.

And I like most of what was said. But darn, I’ve got a lot invested in my MF farming gear. Including a full set of ascended MF accessories/rings/amulet. I know they mentioned addressing this, but I sure hope all that money/laurels spent wasn’t for nothing. This MF set has really helped while farming, contrary to the nah-sayers out there.

Oh, and another thought… the changes to dungeons makes the 20% GF infusion not as attractive looking also. These proposed changes have big impacts to a lot of expensive gear already out there.

And one last complaint…. fix the basic issue with Engies and legendaries and backpieces already! Thank you very much.

Leo Paul.1659

The thing is we already have awesome looking backpieces that glow and have special effects. Legendary backpieces would definitely be low-priority for me.

Yea I know, but I want a legendary backpiece that will make my character float around instead of walk! O_O

I’m confident they will update the current legendaries we have before implementing new skins. No need to worry. I just hope they also fix that godkitten leaf sticking on my character’s arm (fervid censer and desert rose).

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Really just grasping at straws aren’t you buddy?

Probably should give it a rest before you blow something.

short on argments and you have to attack posters to defend the game?
How original.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yeah, but I was after the MF bonus more than the Celestial stats.

I have both a set of Carrion (maybe to be replaced by Rabid in the future) and Soldiers’ (maybe one day Sentinel’s) for my condineer. I don’t think I need a Celestial set, on its own.

You may as well make your Celestial armor anyway, the quartz isn’t worth much so make it and enjoy the MF while you can, the MF changes could arrive in December for all we know.

Sounds reasonable, and it gives me something to do. Can always salvage it later to retrieve some of the ectos and runes…

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Lots of good news here.

My goal posts will have to change now from collecting skins to collecting mats again since crafting ascended is happening. Also, the change to legendary stats means all my old exotic alt weapons are useless and I should have just gone for another legendary. On the brightside precursors will be more attainable, though I bet gold will be harder to come by as well.

We’ll have to wait and see.

Posted by: Gery.2718

Gery.2718

@OP forgot to mention: LFG tool is coming soon!

-dungeon reward changes: is it against Cof p1 farming? was about time
-crafting precursors: finally, I’m sitting on my 3 gifts for almost half a year and I already dumped tons of gold into the M. toilet, so I refuse to spend any more money (though I’ll probably have to a lot after they implement this system, but if it’s not RNG I don’t mind…)
-ascended gear: already know this game is against alts, but this will make them even worse especially being account bound and the materials are once/day (I guess it’ll be similar to quartz). Oh and of course all those transmuting.

Hopefully mesmers will be able to use MH pistol soon

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

same usual common denial people answered so many times i don t think need further debate.

So forgive if i won t answer.

Fair enough.

I’m still curious as to ANet haven’t been listening when they’ve addressed a lot of issues that players have been bringing up.

Even back in november people tried to deny they were introducing new tierS <===

1) ascended
2) legendary
3) infusions

As was really clear.

Legendary isn’t a whole new tier of stat; it’s more of a title to differentiate it from weapons with the same stats.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

I find it extremely unlikely that precursors crafting is ever going to happen. If its “cheap” like many other unique weapons in the 100-200g range its going to be a big kick in the nuts to everyone that had to buy it at 500g+.

Maybe if its going to cost 1000g to craft a precursor.

Also, no mention on existing Legendaries? Still not going to be Ascended, just pretty exotics?

It won’t cost only gold, because it will require a massive amount of time due to time gated resources needed. I think it’s a good compromise.

Roker
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I got the impression the gear will be account bound but the materials you’ll be able to sell.

They better not be, I hate crafting, I don’t want to craft my own armor, and they better not try and force me to.

TheDaiBish.9735

I find it extremely unlikely that precursors crafting is ever going to happen. If its “cheap” like many other unique weapons in the 100-200g range its going to be a big kick in the nuts to everyone that had to buy it at 500g+.

Maybe if its going to cost 1000g to craft a precursor.

Also, no mention on existing Legendaries? Still not going to be Ascended, just pretty exotics?

They mentioned in the blog post about account bound crafting mats:

We’ll also add a new set of account-bound crafting materials to the game. You’ll receive these materials as guaranteed rewards once per day per unique location for completing content within a category of gameplay in Guild Wars 2.

So it wouldn’t surprise me if these are involved.

Also, they mentioned quite a while back, as well as in the post, that Legendaries will always be on par with the top tier of gear (Exotics ATM, Ascended when released).

Legendary gear will remain with the same tier of stats as ascended gear and will not be made more powerful than other gear, it will simply be slightly more convenient since it will no longer need transmutations to change stats.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Solo.9027

for exemple :

It could be as simply as giving you a means to trade in the amulet for a different ascended one, or converting the existing ones to something different.

Or it could apply that bonus to all your characters..

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Oh noes! Keep mats for legendary or to craft to 500 … rise my prices, rise!

Sounds really good, looking forward to all of that

I particularly liked how they chose to show Oak for a Champion, hehe.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

LordByron.8369

Legendary isn’t a whole new tier of stat; it’s more of a title to differentiate it from weapons with the same stats.

legendary is a tier with unique capabilities and also the promise to be upgraded any time anet decide to step back on what they said with tiers….being Best in slot forever.

The ability to switch stats at will its not something with low impact on the game.
just think how some professions can change from roaming to siege to zerg to defence with it in www.

Oh noes! Keep mats for legendary or to craft to 500 … rise my prices, rise!

Sounds really good, looking forward to all of that

I particularly liked how they chose to show Oak for a Champion, hehe.

legendary…..they could (as they did) introduce new materials also they are making T6 and lodestones easier to obtain….

That means prices will probably get lower (and that is a good thing).

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I am going to faint. Someone pl0x!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The ability to switch stats at will its not something with low impact on the game.
just think how some professions can change from roaming to siege to zerg to defence with it in www.

Yes, it means less grind, and it’s awesome.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

….

same usual common denial people answered so many times i don t think need further debate.

So forgive if i won t answer.
You can find any answer you need on other topics or on Google.

I obvously am pessimistic due to the bad expeirences i had with their updates till now…

Even back in november people tried to deny they were introducing new tierS <===

1) ascended
2) legendary
3) infusions

As was really clear.

no, not at all clear. I was quite disappointed when they added a tier to grind for, but you are making up these additional tiers. Legendaries were announced to be always in the best tier, which means upgrading their stats to ascended if there ever were ascended weapons introduced. Infusions are upgrades on ascended items just like exotic gear gets exotic upgrades.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Sounds promising. I especially like the bit about the champions. Just worried still about Legendary/precursor stuff. Always will be until I see that it is obtainable..and not left to RNG.

Also, the daily crafting rewards or whatever…I hope these rewards are T6 or the new crafting material that we would need. I’ll be so annoyed if its T5 or below. That would be pointless.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

stats at will its not something with low impact on the game.

The ability to change on the fly the stats of your weapon only is a very low impact feature. Most of your stats come from your trinkets anyway.

Conncept.7638

legendary is a tier with unique capabilities and also the promise to be upgraded any time anet decide to step back on what they said with tiers….being Best in slot forever.

The ability to switch stats at will its not something of secondary impact on the game.

Your weapon stats don’t even make 1/10th of your overall stats. The majority sits in your trinkets, then your armor, then your traits, then your weapons come in dead last for stat allocation. They’d have to carry around and switch between a whole second armor/trinket set, and retraining manuals for their traits.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

stats at will its not something with low impact on the game.

The ability to change on the fly the stats of your weapon only is a very low impact feature. Most of your stats come from your trinkets anyway.

I agree. Changing just the stats on one weapon on the fly isn’t going to impact your current build very much. This is not going to have the big impact as is being implied.

Switching from zerker stats to healing stats on a weapon is not going to dramatically impact much.

LordByron.8369

no, not at all clear. I was quite disappointed when they added a tier to grind for, but you are making up these additional tiers. Legendaries were announced to be always in the best tier, which means upgrading their stats to ascended if there ever were ascended weapons introduced. Infusions are upgrades on ascended items just like exotic gear gets exotic upgrades.

it will be a sad day when people will remember they Always talked about a higher level cap….

also infusions are blue at moment and in november they also said they would give further “progression” (carrot on a stick) with infusions.

legendaries are way better than ascended now.

GW2 balance:

Solo.9027

Do you hear yourself? You’re complaining that we will be able to change stats on a legendary weapon. We could always do that on the fly if we carried alternate exotic weapons. Alternate exotics of every iteration of every stat is still cheaper than any one legendary.

You really should pick your battles more wisely than troll every post on the forums, its counterproductive and people eventually tune you out.

TheDaiBish.9735

1. We don’t know how hard it’ll be to get Ascended weapons yet. If it’s anything like Exotic, it’s going to be a non-issue, just a matter of convenience.

2. I think you’re not taking into account things like Traits.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Daglers.1398

Daglers.1398

This all sounds exciting yea sure. I was just going to make a legendary but I guess I will wait with it until new legendaries comes BUT what about events? I mean yea sure getting extra loot box from champions is cool but what about others events? I mean there is no point doing them once you get to lvl 80 and when you are roaming in the world most people just leave them behind thats not exciting at all I like events but they are absolutely pointless it needs new meaning

Rouven.7409

(…)
legendary…..they could (as they did) introduce new materials also they are making T6 and lodestones easier to obtain….

That means prices will probably get lower (and that is a good thing).

Oh yeah, I am not worried. However it seems to me very likely that there will be an additional need for materials (I was in particular thinking about the T6) during the leveling process – which I presume everyone will start at the same time.

I’ll wait and see, it sounds all very good.

LordByron.8369

Do you hear yourself? You’re complaining that we will be able to change stats on a legendary weapon. We could always do that on the fly if we carried alternate exotic weapons. Alternate exotics of every iteration of every stat is still cheaper than any one legendary.

You really should pick your battles more wisely than troll every post on the forums, its counterproductive and people eventually tune you out.

from Wikipedia:
In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,1 by posting inflammatory,2 extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally34 or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response

I am discussing the game you are discussing posters….who is the troll?

So i m not answering unless you talk ONLY of the game.
Thank you

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

From the upcoming release of our brand spanking new Looking for Group (LFG) tool

I am definitely looking forward to the second half of the year, especially the ability to change the stats of legendary gear.

Pifil.5193

In fairness they’ve said that Legendaries will always be upgraded to the best tier anyway as it is they’re not better than exotic now and will not be better than ascended when ascended weapons are introduced. They’re not a new tier.

Their ability to switch stats at will is a nice to have feature but as you could buy literally hundreds of exotic weapons for the cost of a single legendary it’s hardly a huge advantage. It won’t be changed much I think but it will mean that your weapon remains useful even if you drastically change your build.

In fact, even the stat combination will change at will your sigil will remain the same so you may still be better off with two different weapons for two different roles.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Leo Paul.1659

i hope the new legendary gear they mentioned isn’t armor.. how hard it would be to get 6 pieces!

Conncept.7638

it will be a sad day when people will remember they Always talked about a higher level cap….

Why does it matter if they raise the max level?

Levels don’t matter in PvP (upscaling)
Levels don’t matter in WvW (upscaling, and group content)
All levels do in PvE is gate what areas you can explore and armor you can use, and it’s at a much more reasonable pace than any MMO I’ve ever seen.

I have yet to see a person give a reasonable answer about why raising the max level is so bad. It will affect nothing. All people have been able to say is that there’s no reason to. And you know what? You’re right! This is also a game, an entirely superfluous part of your daily life, excepting enjoyment there is no ‘reason’ to do any of it. Some people enjoy that push to max out their characters, and GW2 has set up a system that they can do so without any effect on those who don’t care for that push. So why does it matter if they do?

Leo Paul.1659

If it will affect nothing, then why bother? don’t raise it at all then. It’ll only matter if it will affect the skills we get to use, otherwise, why waste time on something so useless

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I have yet to see a person give a reasonable answer about why raising the max level is so bad. It will affect nothing. All people have been able to say is that there’s no reason to. And you know what? You’re right! This is also a game, an entirely superfluous part of your daily life, excepting enjoyment there is no ‘reason’ to do any of it. Some people enjoy that push to max out their characters, and GW2 has set up a system that they can do so without any effect on those who don’t care for that push. So why does it matter if they do?

It’ll force me to regrind all my armors, weapons and trikets, some of those ascended, all that on 5 characters. This is Badâ„¢

Solo.9027

So i m not answering unless you talk ONLY of the game.
Thank you

Constructive criticism is a good thing, what you do is systematically kitten on every update they release. I’m not attacking you, I’m telling you people(anet included) will ignore your opinion if you keep to that trend.

Rouven.7409

Doesn’t this sound exiting for the original GW players, more skills etc? That was my first thought.

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

I’m rather disappointed with this blog post. Had been anticipating it for months, since it was first announced… and now all I see in there is more “small changes” to content we already have more or less.

Most importantly, whatever happened to Guild Halls and GvG? Or in general, the idea that guilds were supposed to become more meaningful in the game? I sure hope those guild missions weren’t all of that, because I don’t really see anyone enjoying those much.

I think this is probably part of why so many people would like to see a big expansion instead of these small drop by drop updates… it kinda feels like nothing really new gets added like this, when many of us are still waiting/hoping for features we have been missing in the game from the beginning.
Personally I’m very tired of living story and mini games every couple of weeks.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I was good with most everything in the blog, until I hit the ‘Crafting going to 500’ sigh I actually said ‘Son of a Kitten!’ loudly enough that my team (I’m at work) asked me what’s wrong (and to top it off, I have a migraine today so they’re all worried about me, even if they are having a hard time not laughing at my sunglasses and hoody set up lol).

Anywho, I look forward to seeing more of a mix of perm and recurring with the living story. Hopefully with the larger, more polished updates they will make the lore a little more ….obvious, I guess would be the best term. As observant as I am, I know I’ve missed things, and there are many other that see no connection, or even no story at all, to the living story pieces.

I can deal with new crafting items, can even deal with the once per day per account and having to do ‘something’ in order to get them. Even the time locking on the high end crafting. I’m good with all that (even if I do hate jumping puzzles)…

…but I’m a little on the fence with the ‘guaranteed’ rewards though. Maybe I’m too much of a GW1 vet here, but I don’t really think you should have a guaranteed yellow once a day for so many things. Doesn’t it feel too easy to you guys? I’m all for giving better rewards, don’t get me wrong, but I could see just upping the chance of an exotic or rare from the end chest or something. I’m trying to equate this to, say, chests we ran across and could use keys or lock picks to open in GW1, but its only once a day, and only for specific events. I’d sort of prefer to just have chests and lock picks back., then rares and exotics can be our ‘purples’ and ‘golds.’ Right now, it sort of feels like they are spoon feeding us the shinies because we don’t want to ‘work too hard’ for them…

Just thoughts I guess..

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.