New Faces/Hairstyles/Colors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I love that new Hairstyles, Face Options, and Colors are being added frequently, but I do not like the idea of all those new options being only available in the Total Makeover Kits. These new options should be available when creating new characters now. Please make it happen.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I understand why anet makes them available only through kits since that is a great way of making money.

But I absolutely hate it. Before the new faces/colors/hairstyles showed up I took great care in making my characters. Often remaking them a lot, because what looks great in the character creation screen can look off in the actual gameplay.
Unfortunately that is impossible now. I can no longer experiment with character looks, I pick a look and if it doesn’t turn out the way I hoped I would have to spend money again to change it.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I hate to say it, but its a very cheap way to make money. I mean I don’t mind it, cause most of us have a habit of just changing our appearance for the best possible look, but when I wish to make a new character, I would want those options available there from the start, not just make a new character, then spend some gems on a make over kit, and then actually make the character I want from there. Its adding a costly step 2 when wanting to make a fresh new character that is complete unnecessary and annoying.

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

I understand why anet makes them available only through kits since that is a great way of making money.

Yes it’s a way for them to make money. But it also fairer for older players. They didn’t have that face or hairstyle as a choice when creating their character. It’d be unfair for newer players to now have that option on character creation. By making them available only through a purchased kit, everyone has the same level of access to them.

(Personally I’m of the opinion that everyone should be allowed to change their hairstyle for free once a month. Just like in real life. Hair should be like a slower time-gated version of changing clothes.)

Yes it’s a way for them to make money. But it also fairer for older players. They didn’t have that face or hairstyle as a choice when creating their character. It’d be unfair for newer players to now have that option on character creation. By making them available only through a purchased kit, everyone has the same level of access to them.

That’s why the new hairstyles/faces/colors should be available in both kits and character creation screen.

~Sincerely, Scissors

TheMaskedGamer.5708

What do you mean fairer for new players? There are old players out there who purchase more character slots to make new characters. What I’m saying is that they should be available when making a new character from scratch, not having those new options be only available through the kits.

Remember, I do not mind the kits, they are good, especially if you want to change your current characters appearance, but if I wanted to make a new character(Maybe your 11th empty character slot), I wish to have those options available for us.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I think it’s fair of them to make it makeover exclusive. I mean they’re still a business they need to earn money somehow to continue making content and they do not generate income from subscription. If you really hate your look and you don’t want to pay real money for it you can always exchange in-game gold for gems.

GW2 honestly has one of the most player friendly payment models I’ve seen in the MMO genre most of them either demand a subscription or put content behind payment walls or make it impossible to play the game without buying upgrades and you can’t even use in-game currency to do that or even worse pay2win etc.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I think it’s fair of them to make it makeover exclusive. I mean they’re still a business they need to earn money somehow to continue making content and they do not generate income from subscription. If you really hate your look and you don’t want to pay real money for it you can always exchange in-game gold for gems.

GW2 honestly has one of the most player friendly payment models I’ve seen in the MMO genre most of them either demand a subscription or put content behind payment walls or make it impossible to play the game without buying upgrades and you can’t even use in-game currency to do that or even worse pay2win etc.

You don’t get it. I pay money for new character slots. I love making characters, but what I do not like is that I have to make a character, purchase a kit, and then “actually make my new character.” Thats 1150 gems for the full character creation from the start of the game. Is that fair to you?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You don’t get it. I pay money for new character slots. I love making characters, but what I do not like is that I have to make a character, purchase a kit, and then “actually make my new character.” Thats 1150 gems for the full character creation from the start of the game. Is that fair to you?

Is it more fair that someone that starts playing today get access to something that people that have played since release is forced to either pay for or delete a character for though?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Is it more fair that someone that starts playing today get access to something that people that have played since release is forced to either pay for or delete a character for though?

Actually it is. Shall we delay their ability to play living season for one year, so they can wait like we did since launch?

I agree the new styles should be outside of the styling kits. I’d also like to point out you can get these kits for free via achievement chest and daily/monthly chests. I got two makeovers and three hair style kits this way.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually it is. Shall we delay their ability to play living season for one year, so they can wait like we did since launch?

Isn’t that a rather major difference though?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The game has to be monetized in some way and these are very popular gem store items. I can not fault the business decision to keep it as it is. I also don’t have an issue with it, and you can buy gems with gold so it isn’t completely as if you are screwed if you don’t spend real money.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Isn’t that a rather major difference though?

Not really no, sounds like the same. Why shouldn’t new players have these extra options at the start? Only because we didn’t have them when we started? Because you assume everyone used up their character slots already?

Why shouldn’t new players be able to jump into the living world story? Only because we had to wait a year before it started?

Same diff.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

No. Just to all of this thread. It’s not hard to make the gold to get a kit if you really want one, or you could simply key farm and try your chances at a kit through the BL chests. I’ve gotten a bunch of self-style and total makeover kits from the chests while key farming for ticket scraps. They are not the hardest thing to get.

Also, you can get the new hair styles from the self-style kit. It’s not locked to the total makeover kit. So if all you want to do is see the new hairstyles(or if in a future patch, they only release a new hair style), you can do it that way.

Quit whining about it not being available in character creation. It doesn’t need to be in there. If you’re too lazy to make gold in-game or figure out an alternative to obtaining the things you want in the game, then sucks to be you. I mean, hell, you only have to play the game to get what you want outta it. So how about you do that instead of adding another thread that is not only not going to make the dev’s change the game, but also in the wrong section of the forums completely.

You are asking for something. You are basically suggesting a feature. This is not the suggestion section of the forums. Good Job.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You are asking for something. You are basically suggesting a feature. This is not the suggestion section of the forums. Good Job.

Actually, it is. The devs did away with the dedicated suggestion forum and basically said “make your suggestions wherever the suggestion itself fits”.

Mind you, this suggestion in particular would probably fit better in the Black Lion Trading Post forum, since its related to a gem-store item and all, but still.

Fay.2735

I think that’s fair given the overall player friendly payment model. You are given 5 character slots and a decent amount of choice in the base character creation and can pay for these things with in-game gold as an option.

Additional character slots and access to additional character customizations are all aesthetic enhancements and is a reasonable way for MMO’s to make money and a pretty standard thing even for MMO’s with subscription fees.

If you want a lot of characters with just the right aesthetics to your liking you will have to work for it. GW2 has always stated that it’s about aesthetics so if you want the convenience of skipping the work required to gain access to these things you will have to pay money for it.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

ArtemusHunter.9521

Actually, it is. The devs did away with the dedicated suggestion forum and basically said “make your suggestions wherever the suggestion itself fits”.

Mind you, this suggestion in particular would probably fit better in the Black Lion Trading Post forum, since its related to a gem-store item and all, but still.

well, whatever. The main point of my reply wasn’t the wrong section of the forums. That was like.. an added bonus? lol

TheMaskedGamer.5708

No. Just to all of this thread. It’s not hard to make the gold to get a kit if you really want one, or you could simply key farm and try your chances at a kit through the BL chests. I’ve gotten a bunch of self-style and total makeover kits from the chests while key farming for ticket scraps. They are not the hardest thing to get.

Also, you can get the new hair styles from the self-style kit. It’s not locked to the total makeover kit. So if all you want to do is see the new hairstyles(or if in a future patch, they only release a new hair style), you can do it that way.

Quit whining about it not being available in character creation. It doesn’t need to be in there. If you’re too lazy to make gold in-game or figure out an alternative to obtaining the things you want in the game, then sucks to be you. I mean, hell, you only have to play the game to get what you want outta it. So how about you do that instead of adding another thread that is not only not going to make the dev’s change the game, but also in the wrong section of the forums completely.

You don’t get it either. Don’t assume that everyone stops making new characters. If you are a veteran player since launch, wanting to make a new character, wouldn’t it be simpler to have all those options from the start? If they aren’t available at the character creation screen you are forced to get a kit (Hairstyle or Total) and use it to finally get the full character creation experience. I don’t mind the kits, they are useful to modify already existing characters, but I want those new options as well from the start when making new toons.

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

you can purchase gem with gold. its 30g to buy a make over kit. this game as stated by anet, is about esthetics. Look at the gem store, almost everything is for esthetics. I don’t see why you are complaining. Anet need to make a living somehow, if they made everything for free, then we would not have the game we have, or even worst.

Fay.2735

You don’t get it either. Don’t assume that everyone stops making new characters. If you are a veteran player since launch, wanting to make a new character, wouldn’t it be simpler to have all those options from the start? If they aren’t available at the character creation screen you are forced to get a kit (Hairstyle or Total) and use it to finally get the full character creation experience. I don’t mind the kits, they are useful to modify already existing characters, but I want those new options as well from the start when making new toons.

I’ve been playing since launch and I don’t expect to get these things handed to me considering the ease in which you can obtain just about everything else you need in-game. There has to be SOMETHING to work for and that Anet needs SOME way to make a profit.

I’ve understood since launch that if I want my character to look pretty I have to work for it. If the game for you is just making a 100 characters and use a makeover kit for all of them but don’t want to do the work involved in doing so then you’re probably playing the wrong game and are better of with a game like The Sims or Aion where there are more extensive character creation options from the get-go.

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

I honestly don’t see a promblem in anet wanting to earn some money for continued development..

TheMaskedGamer.5708

you can purchase gem with gold. its 30g to buy a make over kit. this game as stated by anet, is about esthetics. Look at the gem store, almost everything is for esthetics. I don’t see why you are complaining. Anet need to make a living somehow, if they made everything for free, then we would not have the game we have, or even worst.

Im just saying that when I make a new character, maybe my 12th character slot, I would like to have these options available there as well. I don’t mind the kits, but for a brand new character, it would make an unnecessary step 2 in the character creation process. “Cut the middle man when starting fresh”.

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I honestly don’t see a promblem in anet wanting to earn some money for continued development..

I don’t mind the Hairstyle or Total Make over kits. They are FINE. What I’m saying is that the new faces and options should also be available when starting a new character. It shouldn’t be exclusive to the kits. They should be available at character creation as well. I do not want to spend a kit for a brand new lvl 1 character.

Fay.2735

Im just saying that when I make a new character, maybe my 12th character slot, I would like to have these options available there as well. I don’t mind the kits, but for a brand new character, it would make an unnecessary step 2 in the character creation process. “Cut the middle man when starting fresh”.

Sure that would be convenient for you but there goes a large chunk of money Anet gets to continue developing the game. The main source for their income won’t be the initial box purchase but the sale of outfits, make over kits, bank/inventory/character slots and BLC keys. If they start to give access to makeover kit options in character creation that’s a big loss for them.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Why should the character slot matter? The faces/hairs are suppose to be exclusive for players using the kits.

If it bugs you that much, the perma hair kit does let you use all the new styles and colors, on all your characters new and old

ArtemusHunter.9521

I have just over 2k hours in Guild Wars 2. I have been playing since Beta Weekend 1 in April of 2012. I have 1 of each class, plus and extra of 1 class, plus an additional slot for key farming.

It’s safe to assume I’m a veteran player.

That being said, while it would be simpler to just have that available, I don’t need that in character creation. As a veteran player, I know how to make gold. That right there is all I need to get the kits from the store IF I REAAAALLY WANTED TO DO IT THAT WAY. Gold to Gems for a self-style kit or total makeover IS NOT worth it imo. I’d rather key farm for ticket scraps and get one randomly(which I have).

It’s not needed in the character creation. I remember before they had the kits in the game, we all assumed/hoped for a barber. While it sucked at first release of the kits(mainly because I didn’t know how to key farm then), it wasn’t a big issue.

If the new options were in character creation, it wouldn’t be fair to those that have all the characters they want but didn’t get the option back when they were making characters. The possible exchange they(anet) could make for giving those options in character creation could be giving us a self style or total makeover kit for every character we have, but then you get the problem where people have 40+ characters(those people exist).

That’s a problem because Anet has to make money off the lazy people who don’t play a lot and can’t do gold-gems conversion. That’s the truth. They won’t change something that makes them a lot of money, and by the looks of it, those kits are doing a bang-up job!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I have a bad habit of playing with character creation too much. Including Makeover Kits…. I’ve gone through far too many in the past, back when I chose to purchase gems. Wish they’d introduce an option that you could “unlock” each new set of hairstyles, faces, etc. That way you would have them on your account in a normal character creation. * shrugs * It’ll never happen but its a thought.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Sure that would be convenient for you but there goes a large chunk of money Anet gets to continue developing the game. The main source for their income won’t be the initial box purchase but the sale of outfits, make over kits, bank/inventory/character slots and BLC keys.

So making new character slots isn’t so profitable anymore? 800 Gems vs the 350 gems of a makeover kit is a BIG difference. I don’t mind Kits, cause people will keep buying them no matter what. Everyone will want to change the character’s appearance constantly, but its not fair that these new option are only available there. New characters, made with new slots, should have them available to them as well.

If it bugs you that much, the perma hair kit does let you use all the new styles and colors, on all your characters new and old

Get it now for the low price of only 3000 gold
(when it is in stock)
(which hasn’t been the case for months)

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

So making new character slots isn’t so profitable anymore? 800 Gems vs the 350 gems of a makeover kit is a BIG difference. I don’t mind Kits, cause people will keep buying them no matter what. Everyone will want to change the character’s appearance constantly, but its not fair that these new option are only available there. New characters, made with new slots, should have them available to them as well.

I am failing to see how it isn’t fair.

Miku.6297

(when it is in stock)

That’s why I said “If it bugs you that much” If it’s a big deal, then it might be worth saving the gold and trying to buy one.

It’s an alternative solution that would allow the OP to use the new hair/colors when ever he wanted on which ever char he wanted.

Posted by: Kit.3986

Kit.3986

At the very least, I would like it if those hairstyles/colors/faces unlocked for your account after using a Total Makeover Kit upon their release.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Makeover kits are really cheap, and you can get them as (rare) drops from Black Lion chests…the keys for which are farmable.

I’m fine with it, since it’s probably a rather big money-maker for them (from people who buy gems in order to get them), and every cosmetic item in the CS is one more thing that keeps them from having to go pay-to-win like F2P games do.

There are plenty of hairstyles at default character creation, so it’s not like you have 5 to choose from total, with 20+ being CS-exclusive.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

ArtemusHunter.9521

(when it is in stock)

Pls Anet, bring this back to the table of RNG! T_T

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I have just over 2k hours in Guild Wars 2. I have been playing since Beta Weekend 1 in April of 2012. I have 1 of each class, plus and extra of 1 class, plus an additional slot for key farming.

It’s safe to assume I’m a veteran player.

That being said, while it would be simpler to just have that available, I don’t need that in character creation. As a veteran player, I know how to make gold. That right there is all I need to get the kits from the store IF I REAAAALLY WANTED TO DO IT THAT WAY. Gold to Gems for a self-style kit or total makeover IS NOT worth it imo. I’d rather key farm for ticket scraps and get one randomly(which I have).

It’s not needed in the character creation. I remember before they had the kits in the game, we all assumed/hoped for a barber. While it sucked at first release of the kits(mainly because I didn’t know how to key farm then), it wasn’t a big issue.

If the new options were in character creation, it wouldn’t be fair to those that have all the characters they want but didn’t get the option back when they were making characters. The possible exchange they(anet) could make for giving those options in character creation could be giving us a self style or total makeover kit for every character we have, but then you get the problem where people have 40+ characters(those people exist).

That’s a problem because Anet has to make money off the lazy people who don’t play a lot and can’t do gold-gems conversion. That’s the truth. They won’t change something that makes them a lot of money, and by the looks of it, those kits are doing a bang-up job!

What do you mean its not fair for the people who already created their characters? They already payed the price for making them when these options aren’t available for them yet. Its not fair to make someone new, then use a kit to see all the new options from the start. Its adding an unnecessary step 2 to create a new characters with every option available in the game only available in step 2. Since they are new, they should have the luxury of having them available for them from the start. And really, think about it, people will change their appearance when they feel like it, almost constantly to look as great as possible. People won’t find complete satisfaction with their appearance even in character creation. They won’t lose money. People will not stop buying them. All I’m saying that these options shouldn’t be restricted to new characters.

Miku.6297

What do you mean its not fair for the people who already created their characters? They already payed the price for making them when these options aren’t available for them yet. Its not fair to make someone new, then use a kit to see all the new options from the start. Its adding an unnecessary step 2 to create a new characters with every option available in the game only available in step 2. Since they are new, they should have the luxury of having them available for them from the start. And really, think about it, people will change their appearance when they feel like it, almost constantly to look as great as possible. People won’t find complete satisfaction with their appearance even in character creation. They won’t lose money. People will not stop buying them. All I’m saying that these options shouldn’t be restricted to new characters.

Id’ say what isn’t fair is…

Example:
Hi I have already made 20 characters before these styles release, I like these new styles and would have liked to use them, so now I have to pay gems for a kit.
Hi I’m brand-new to the game, and am just making my first character, I think it’s great I ckittene all these new hair styles for FREE; people who have shown some dedication to the game hahahaha you have to pay for them. (exaggeration but that’s how many will feel about it)

How is it a good decision to give things away to new players/new characters and charge older players for them?

(edited by Miku.6297)

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

Everyone will want to change the character’s appearance constantly, but its not fair that these new option are only available there. New characters, made with new slots, should have them available to them as well.

Everyone? No. You shouldn’t be talking for everyone, mainly because the opinion of everyone will differ per individual.
Constantly? What? No. I found an excellent look for my main character, exactly as I pictured it. The chance that I’ll change it again is very small. I can imagine there will be more people who think like this.

But, most important: they want to keep these new hairstyles and colors exclusive. Now, if they make it easier for players to get them, they will be less exclusive. Is this unfair? No.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

If they were available in the character creation screen then you would still have to buy make over kits for you existing characters.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

TheMaskedGamer.5708

People keep thinking that I hate the kits. NO I DON’T. All I’m trying to say is that the new faces/hairstyles should not be exclusive to the kits only. Character creation should have them as well. If you want to make a new character now, why should they restrict those exclusive options to it? You create your character will all the options available and done, no harm done. If you didn’t like your choice, fine, use the kit to fix what you don’t like.

People will not stop changing their characters. It won’t affect a any profits since people will still change their appearance constantly throughout the game using these kits, and that is completely fine, but if you decided to start from scratch, with a brand new character, they have a right to see all the new options available to them.

Its fair for already existing characters to have to purchase kits, cause they already decided their look from the start. If they want to change, they work for it and pay the price, but lvl 1 characters shouldn’t have to go through all that to have everything available to them. Character creation and done, not Character Creation, Total Makeover Kit and done. Eliminate step 2 for these new characters.

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Id’ say what isn’t fair is…

Example:
Hi I have already made 20 characters before these styles release, I like these new styles and would have liked to use them, so now I have to pay gems for a kit.
Hi I’m brand-new to the game, and am just making my first character, I think it’s great I ckittene all these new hair styles for FREE; people who have shown some dedication to the game hahahaha you have to pay for them. (exaggeration but that’s how many will feel about it)

How is it a good decision to give things away to new players/new characters and charge older players for them?

You completely forgot this scenario:
Example: Hi I have 20 characters, I wish to make another. Oh darn, how inconvenient not having these new options for my new character. Oh well, guess I have to spend some extra just to get all the options available for someone completely brand new.

Posted by: MrContrary.1264

MrContrary.1264

OP, I don’t agree. Makeover kits are one of the best ways Anet has to make money and control gold inflation, all without having to worry about it affecting power creep. This is what the micro-transaction MMO market looks like, and your strong desire to unlock those options in basic character creation reinforces the good choice to keep the current system.

I’d be inclined to agree with you if the current hair and face options weren’t adequate. The variation on style and color with the basic options – especially with creative use of sliders – is enough to make a distinct character. Hell, some of the basic options would actually make your character stand out because so few people use them.

Cyan.6904

You keep saying it’s not fair because of this and that and blah and bluh, but at the moment it doesn’t matter how many characters you have, you just need a kit for these exclusive hairstyles and colors. It’s the same thing for everyone. How isn’t that fair exactly?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m just going to leave this here…

Attachments:

The Burninator

TheMaskedGamer.5708

You keep saying it’s not fair because of this and that and blah and bluh, but at the moment it doesn’t matter how many characters you have, you just need a kit for these exclusive hairstyles and colors. It’s the same thing for everyone. How isn’t that fair exactly?

So you don’t mind starting from scratch with a brand new character and NOT have these new options available to you?

You pay 800 gems to get a new slot, but then you are forced purchase a kit for 350 gems or use one you have in your bank or inventory to get the full character creation experience from the start for a totally brand new character?

ArtemusHunter.9521

It’s only an unnecessary step 2 if you plan on using the new faces/hairstyles from the get-go. Those that don’t know about it will be informed later on by either accidently stumbling onto the new faces/hairstyles while using a random kit they get or by asking players when they see the different faces.

More than likely, the second of the two events will happen.

Also:

And really, think about it, people will change their appearance when they feel like it

Exactly. People will change their appearance when they feel like it. So why do we need them in character creation? It seems like an unnecessary change to a system that’s already working perfectly, just because a few casual’s are complaining about having to spend more money. There are other options to obtain what you want. People have to understand that if you want something in an MMO, you’re going to have to work at it. Those face and hairstyles are tagged as Exclusive – which is what they are. Exclusive. People put money or gold and time into getting those features for their characters. Giving new characters, whether it be new players to the game or a vet getting a new character slot, is not fair to those that have already paid for their new characters.

Sure you can argue that they got what they paid for and the time they’ve played equals the convenience of it possibly being added to new character creations, but it would be the same feeling that some Veteran Players had when they changed the Digital Deluxe edition. I actually know of some cases where people upgraded from standard GW2 accounts to Digital Deluxe right before the change. Now if they wanted to get the upgraded Digital Deluxe, they have to pay for it.

Since we’re going with the whole convenience thing as a possible new character should have all the face/hairstyles available, then hell, I purpose all digital deluxe editions should get every change that happens to the digital deluxe. Why do I have to spend 2000 gems to get two sets of armor, I should be given it for free because I paid extra for this game when it launched! I already paid for the digital deluxe, and I helped it launch kitten, so I should get my just rewards!

Sounds ridiculous right?

Maybe, just maybe, one day down the line you will get your new face and hairstyles in character creation. Maybe after a ton of newer ones have entered and those older ones just get integrated into the character creation menu. For now, they are exclusive and not hard to get by anyone willing to play the game.

TheMaskedGamer.5708

If anything guys, a Total Makeover kit should be included with the brand new purchase of a character slot (One time only to prevent people from farming it since people would hate that) if you guys hate the idea of not having them in Character Creation.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here’s what ArenaNet can do: For every additionally-purchased character slot, at the new low-low price of 1000 gems, a one-time use Total Makeover Kit will be included!

There, problem solved! Money for ArenaNet, and exclusive hair, etc. for those that want to make ‘new’ characters. =)

^Geez! Great minds think alike…almost. Lol.

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Here’s what ArenaNet can do: For every additionally-purchased character slot, at the new low-low price of 1000 gems, a one-time use total make-up kit will be included!

There, problem solved! Money for ArenaNet, and exclusive hair, etc. for those that want to make ‘new’ characters. =)

I can actually get by with that.

Cyan.6904

So you don’t mind starting from scratch with a brand new character and NOT have these new options available to you?

You pay 800 gems to get a new slot, but then you are forced purchase a kit for 350 gems or use one you have in your bank or inventory to get the full character creation experience from the start for a totally brand new character?

At the moment I have 16 characters, and I guess I remodeled halve of them with a kit. I don’t mind, because of the ahum exclusive conception of the whole system. And again, at the moment it’s the same for everyone, if you want an exclusive face, hairstyle or color you need to buy a kit for it. All the same for a starting player and a veteran player with 30 characters.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I would personally quite like it if new hairstyles/faces were available to fresh characters, or you could buy some kind of ‘unlock upgrade’ so that you could do it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng