New Guild System Leaves out Small Guilds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

I over reacted, we’ve been running CoF P1 so much everyone had extra gold and dumped it into influence.

2g for 1000 (60g for the upgrade) Influence is pretty cheap.

My thoughts is, if this is content made for large zerg groups, chances are talented groups will prob be able to accomplish them with half the people. No one should be freaking out.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

(edited by Scootabuser.4915)

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

10 people is a very good size for a Tier 1 bounty mission.

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Would be fantastic if you didn’t cram it behind the Art of War 5 wall that only concentrates on pvp….

Posted by: BreadMan.2645

BreadMan.2645

Encourages anti social gamers to go out and make some friends.

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Last time I checked this was an mmo right?

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Encourages anti social gamers to go out and make some friends.

No it doesn’t.. it allows large guilds to scavenge smaller guilds so they can get the people they want within their 500 limit group. This crap has happened in other MMO’s. Arenanet should have done their homework. There’s 20 years of past failures in MMO’s that point to a demise of a small guild framework buried behind gated content only available to raiders.

Posted by: Ishiga.6053

Ishiga.6053

Yeah it’s not that having the missions be hard is the issue here, it’s GETTING to the missions that is the problem. It’s behind a huge wall of influence that a 10 member guild will never see on its own.

This wasn’t very well thought out in my opinion.

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Let alone the additional 30k points to unlock it. Why not just leave the unlocking out of it? 200 points to activate it? Fine. But farming another 30k of points just to unlock it? That’s way too much and I can’t see any sense behind that decision.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Posted by: Mwerevu.4013

Mwerevu.4013

I’m fairly confident that my smallish guild could do the content of guild missions… if we actually had access to them. Hundreds of thousands of influence is extremely prohibitive.

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

I’m pretty sure people will just leave and not rep the smaller guilds so they can reap the benefits of the new content. After seeing all the influence and time it’s going to take to complete these…just shut my game off. When I was in there could see all the guild recruitment spams going out for the guilds that have access to new content and tons of influence.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

Since when are MMOs all about huge zerg guilds?

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

And that puerile comment has WHAT, exactly, to do with the small guild problem this thread is all about?

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

I don’t like making more friends, 10 is considered too much…

I could invite a couple of more people, but that’s inviting potential “rank-whiners” and children/trolls.

meh…

I will just ignore this content, whatever…
Not complaining. Just dissapoint.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

You just totally fail to ‘get it’, don’t you?

rootnode.9546

If ANet had created this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/first let’s say…. 1 or 2 months ago and not 4 days before the patch, they could have figured out that 30k and 50k point barriers just to unlock it is a horribly stupid idea, especially for small to medium sized guilds. But hey, that would’ve been communication. Not their forte.

So, we should welcome our new era of “Zerg Wars – Bugs and Patches”

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

If all you really care about is the content, just help other guilds with it when they spawn them in the open world.

All the experience of doing guild missions with none of the influence grind.

Posted by: Ghost.2079

Ghost.2079

That is one helluva quotable dev response.

Posted by: Tweekon.2510

Tweekon.2510

If you want to do it, get more recruits, or join a bigger guild. My last game, I wanted top notch gear, I’d have to do hard mode raid content. There is nothing stopping you apart from wanting to be in a 10 man guild.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Welcome to Grind Wars 2. Ironic isn’t it? Here I thought there wouldn’t be any grinds.

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

10 member guild do fractals together 3-4 times. They raise 100g fund out of this.
They buy 50k influence. Unlock guild missions.

By tomorrow you could be already able to do missions even on a 10 man guild, so I guess you got your answer OP.

rootnode.9546

So we have to rely on the mercy of kitten huge guilds to allow us to help with T3 missions? And don’t even get me started on the dev response…

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Posted by: Ghost.2079

Ghost.2079

10 member guild do fractals together 3-4 times. They raise 100g fund out of this.

By tomorrow you could be already able to do missions even on a 10 man guild, so I guess you got your answer OP.

Workarounds and alternate suggested paths are not solutions.

Posted by: smight.7510

smight.7510

Would be fantastic if you didn’t cram it behind the Art of War 5 wall that only concentrates on pvp….

Ah stop whining. Me and my 4 friends guild will have some action in a few months. Maby a year……

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I’m very disappointed in the situation. Locking content away from small groups is disappointing. You’re forcing small guilds to merge.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

well, i’ve never EVER had a non positive thing to say about gw2, so this is a first for me.

i’ve been playing with my 1 guildie in our guild of 2 since launch and this news just…idunno. i’m sad/disappointed?

it’s either 3-4 months of dailies or 3 weeks of guild missions for the 3 new ascended trinkets my build requires. i know we have options, but the disparity in time investment is enormous.

EverythingXen.1835

well, i’ve never EVER had a non positive thing to say about gw2, so this is a first for me.

i’ve been playing with my 1 guildie in our guild of 2 since launch and this news just…idunno. i’m sad/disappointed?

it’s either 3-4 months of dailies or 3 weeks of guild missions for the 3 new ascended trinkets my build requires. i know we have options, but the disparity in time investment is enormous.

You have no right to be disappointed that content geared for 10 or so people is not accessible to your duo.

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

What guild missions are you talking about? It takes 3 days to research the guild bounties and that is if you already have Art of War unlocked…which takes a week itself

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

Guild of Farmers, that should be the name of this game, u need alot of influence to get the thing done, nice way to kill small guilds, good job anet u are doing it wrong

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

Poor Anet…no matter how hard they try they can never quite get it right….i mean its actually getting pretty embarrassing now to see them flailing around and still making mistakes this huge.

This is further dividing the community and essentially “gating” content, which is never a good idea…what do we casuals do ? do we wander the wilderness waiting for a mission to kick of that we can drop in on like an unwanted party guest….picking up the table scraps of the big guilds ?

Every single person in my guild has long left the game…i dont have time to dedicate to a large guild….so im not worthy of this new content ?
I prefer to solo, running into people and helping them where i can…and for this im being punished……“play it my way”, yea, sure thing.

Ive never actually said this about any game, ever….but this game is doomed, and i suspect the only reason the servers are still up is because people have already paid for the game, it seriously has no future.

EverythingXen.1835

I prefer to solo, running into people and helping them where i can…and for this im being punished……“play it my way”, yea, sure thing.

So what’s stopping you from doing the exact same thing… except running into guilds and helping them where you can?

Posted by: oruma.4092

oruma.4092

You have no right to be disappointed that content geared for 10 or so people is not accessible to your duo.

i turn this argument. ascendend was highlvlgear from fractals now bob and his 500 man zerg all stuff and they get if lucky ascendend gear for no effort

theres no effort running arround with 500 men guilds spamming events and getting all needed upgrades in no time, while small dedeicated guilds get let out

well thx anet seeems we have to join zergguilds good move

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

You know whats messed up? I have the LARGEST guild on Underworld, we just spent all of our influence and it will take us over a month to get any of these.

Bounty unlocker.
Economy 5 and 6 ( we had to rush 5 or wait a week)
Politics 6

That just cost us 300,000 influence and we have to wait a week and a half to be able to start research on these

Guild treks unlock
Guild Rushes unlock.

Then we still have Art of war 6 and Architecture 6 and 2 more unlockers to get to play all 5 missions.

Thats over a month or 2 before we can play something Anet should have had ingame from the start. 3 days to play 1 mission, then 2 weeks for the 2nd type.

Anet you really messed this up, 3 days tops for these upgrades or cheap enough to rush them. 200,000 to rush a level 5 upgrade that didn’t exist before today but is useless and is just needed to get level 6 for missions is both unfair and a poor design.

Give me a 3rd unlock slot as well as my asuran slot at least for this kind of update or you are just going to far, waiting 2 months to be able to play game content with the largest guild on a server is insane, the small guilds are going to be ruined and forced into large guilds for no good reason. sigh

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

What about higher tier bounties? What then?

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

EverythingXen.1835

What about higher tier bounties? What then?

Get help.

Other guilds… /map chat. The events are not exclusive to your guild.

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

Okay, I have to weigh in here….. I have a small guild, about 10ish active members, with 20 or so very occasional members.

We didn’t like the AoW requirement, but once it was announced, we polished off the influence we needed to up AoW 3 to AoW 4 (currently building.)

We belted out 3k Influence in one day alone. In the 7 days of build time for AoW 5, I have no doubt that we can bank 15-20k influence. Some people are talking about dropping some gold on influence, and in general, it’s changed how we play a little bit.

People are working to do events in pairs while working on their daily, rather than doing things solo and only grouping for dungeons. People are mindful of working on gaining influence instead of just letting it happen.

It’s not insurmountable, it’s going to take work for a smaller guild, but it can be done.

Also, the influence to unlock is high, but after that, the influence to trigger is low, which means short term pain for long term gain. I call that a HUGE advantage for smaller guilds that will let us frequently trigger content once we unlock it.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Posted by: Mutiny.4180

Mutiny.4180

My friends and I were very excited about guild missions, so we quickly logged in after the patch to check them out. After fumbling around the UI for a while, we came to guess that these missions simply weren’t going to be something we’d get to do anytime soon. We’re a bit disappointed, and none of us really want to go join a bigger guild just to leech off them for their missions. Sure, you can run around the map and hope someone kicks off a mission, but from what I understand you’re not going to get any merit from it. What’s the point?

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Why did you develop a content scaling system again…?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If ANet had created this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/first let’s say…. 1 or 2 months ago and not 4 days before the patch, they could have figured out that 30k and 50k point barriers just to unlock it is a horribly stupid idea, especially for small to medium sized guilds. But hey, that would’ve been communication. Not their forte.

So, we should welcome our new era of “Zerg Wars – Bugs and Patches”

No, we should NOT DO THE CONTENT.

Ignore it. Because what happens when people spend all their time working on “content” that nobody touches? If ANet has any sense, they get canned, or at least shifted off of content development.

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. If enough of us don’t do it, it becomes a problem for ANet, not for us.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

You assume that the 10 man guild has the 10 man online at the same time. haven’t seen many guilds in my MMO life with a 100% attendance, even for small ones.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

8-12 man guild. Nothing but WvWvW and some instances for gear. Had 100k influence. If you have 5-10 people in your guild and no influence left, maybe you should stop buying guild banquets.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

Posted by: Ishiga.6053

Ishiga.6053

8-12 man guild. Nothing but WvWvW and some instances for gear. Had 100k influence. If you have 5-10 people in your guild and no influence left, maybe you should stop buying guild banquets.

And that’s where your rebuttal falls short. What about the pure PvE’ers that won’t touch WvW? Or the guilds even smaller than that?

This was intended to be for huge success-obsessed guild then? I don’t buy it.

I love this game to death but I’m legit getting pee’d off with these people.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

<facepalm> so no thought about the small 2-5 man guild? It seems that the better game content is now exclusively for huge Zerg Guilds. My guild currently has 3 active members and we will not have a chance to play this premium part of the game until after the servers are turned off. And no, we are not buying gems to pay for influence to get the good stuff. <facepalm, laugh, shakes head>

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

<facepalm> so no thought about the small 2-5 man guild? It seems that the better game content is now exclusively for huge Zerg Guilds. My guild currently has 3 active members and we will not have a chance to play this premium part of the game until after the servers are turned off. And no, we are not buying gems to pay for influence to get the good stuff. <facepalm, laugh, shakes head>

Plus 100000000
Anet better get back to drawing board fast on this one…

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

I don’t doubt that, but can a 10 people guild who may or may not play daily have enough influence to have the upgrade to get to tier 1 and then still have plenty to unlock it? we’re talking 30+k of influence…so for my guild who is NOT WvW focused and have not really gone that route with the upgrade is getting a bit shafted.

I get that we don’t HAVE TO immediately unlock the guild missions, I understand it can be a semi-long term goal to work towards but…kinda kills it doesn’t it?

Edit: and not everyone of my guild members are 100% active. On top of that, some of oceanics so I never see them to even partner up with them for some extra influence.

(edited by Helenorz.2547)

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Not every guild is going to be “try hards” at WvW like your guild.. There are a lot of small guilds with family members and friends. They are casual and enjoy experiencing the new content together. However the guild missions and bounties kill that chance of them even getting a go at it because Anet does not understand the small group aspect and family part of their player base.

They really are a good company for some stupid fail decisions…Its like they are trying so hard to be different that for them that means to destroy a game with so much potential…which is different since most game dev studios try to be successful…not like Anet.

Posted by: kyrmadril.7581

kyrmadril.7581

This is our situation also. We are currently 2-3 active players and obviously not focusing on WvW.

We won’t be able to enjoy any of this in a timely matter, which is kinda sad when you see that this patch was basically a Guild patch…

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

My guild tends to flatten our influence for guild buffs…. Magic Find + Karma boost + Gathering boost, etc…. We manage enough influence to have a full set of boosts that run durring the weekend when we have the largest amount of us playing…. And what are we doing? Leveling alts, doing dungeons, chaining events…..

If your guild stacks influence deep in WvW, great, but those results are not typical of small guilds who are looking for organized content in open world PvE.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

seriously, what WAS the thought process behind putting it deep in AoW?

Moronic. Moronic.

PvP to play PvE?

Fine. I just won’t ever do those missions.

Good content guys! Great job! claps

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

NONE of this should have costed anything at all! They should have just put a limit of 3 events a day or something. This was supposed to bring guilds together and have fun. Clearly this was a wrong move.

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

Im going to play devils advocate here for a min.

Let’s say Arena Net removes the Art of War prereq and the first guild mission is open to all.
A small guild with less then 10 people probably could not finish it. There would then be backlash.

Lets say this sub 10 player guild did beat the first tier? Then they try to go for the next tier and they could not beat it because they do not have enough players. They would need 15 to beat it. Back lash again because they would be stuck at tier one until they recruited more and they would say its unfair. Nothing wrong with that complaint btw.

What I am getting at here is Arena Net is kitten if they do and kitten if they don’t.
Guild missions are for 10-25 players. The Art of War prereq is steep for most small/medium guilds but I also feel that this would motivate recruiting and keep the guilds active. The rewards are worth it. If you are in a 5 man guild or less this would leave you out for now. It sucks but it is what it is. There still is a lot of content to play, plus you can participate in guild missions. You will not the guild perks but at least you get descent personal rewards for it.

From what I have read you do not need to be in a 500 man mega guild, all you need is about 10-30 players and you can do most of this stuff. You cant unlock all tiers but at least you get the opportunity at the rewards once a week. Sure, the art of war is the big issue right now but you shouldn’t let that stop you from working together to get it done.

Maybe Anet will change the prereq, if so will that make this issue better for most?