New Legendaries / Rework

New Legendaries / Rework

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

People keep saying “please make it skill-based”

1.) You need to expand on this. I just cannot envision a scenario where a quest for a precursor would be challenging enough to be difficult for the top 5% of the playerbase, and one that would take a lot of time to complete.

2.) Jumping puzzle? Bosses? Those aren’t skill based. Jumping puzzles are extremely easy for the average gamer. People who stink at those just do not have the hand-eye coordination of the average gamer. Bosses can be easily exploited, zerged and hard to design so that all classes will be able to handle it equally.

And then there are the casual players who will suddenly complain that said content is ‘too difficult’ and that they want a precursor handed to them in mere hours.

3.) Unfortunately, the best way to ‘gate’ legendary items, which are (or will be) BIS items is time and gold. Time shows commitment to the game which is more important than ‘skill’.

1.) the precursor imho should be the skill-dependant part where all the lore is, the rest is already pretty time consuming… tons of mats you have to collect. So both: challenging and time consuming is in there.

2.) Not to be rude, but where’s your imagination? + you didn’t read my suggestion but only pick parts of it out of context. You can make (as I explained above) JPs challenging by instancing those and add new layers to it. Like a NPC who spawns veterans/champions behind him so that you have to

• be fast enough to let them spawn behind you —> it’s a race between you and the npc, OR
  • be strong enough to beat the veterans while they try to knock you off the ledges.

Furthermore: instanced bosses can’t be rushed and exploits are quite easy to fix in 1-player instances. Hard to design? It worked pretty well in the personal story missions.

3.) time and gold only is good for

• people who flip trading post offers for hours (which is quite boring and not worth a legendary imho)
  • people who farm for hours the most efficient route (which is also quite boring imho and favours players with a constant group)

EDIT: As I can see from your Sig that you already had 20(!!!) exotic drops I assume that you love farming. Nothing wrong with that. I see though, why you don’t like the idea of rewards for challenge instead of grind. Just to add, I play since release and had not a single exotic drop from open world mobs yet.

Actually I’ve had +60 open world exotic drops (it’s cause of MF) since January (that’s when I started recording)

-So let’s talk about the race. How is that going to be fair for all classes? A class like mesmer, if I recall, does not have any speed buffs. While a class like guardian or ele can maintain 100% speed buffs
-As for vets – again, some classes are shortchanged than others. Just equip stability (if you have it) to handle it.
-Personal story missions were very easy. Interesting, yes, but they were easy.

There is little to no skill potential when it comes to PvE. Anything that is difficult the first time will be learned quickly and it will not be easy anymore. I remember having so much difficult with the Mad King JP when it came out, and I was very good at JP. But it was difficult because I was still learning the paths and the most efficient routes. As soon as I finished that JP, I never had trouble again.

THAT is why it is difficult to design ‘SKILLFUL’ content. You need to design a system that will always be difficult whether it’s your first or 12th run. Because as soon as people figure out the system that supposedly makes it difficult, it will be exploited to the fullest extent.

Regarding time and gold
-I think you are overestimating the number of people who make gold off of flipping. If everyone did it, there would be no profit. It’s called arbitrage and it’s very interesting, you can wiki it. And it’s not as easy as it sounds. People who make money off of arbitrage deserve it

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

1.) Actually I’ve had +60 open world exotic drops (it’s cause of MF) since January (that’s when I started recording)

2.)
-So let’s talk about the race. How is that going to be fair for all classes? A class like mesmer, if I recall, does not have any speed buffs. While a class like guardian or ele can maintain 100% speed buffs
-As for vets – again, some classes are shortchanged than others. Just equip stability (if you have it) to handle it.
-Personal story missions were very easy. Interesting, yes, but they were easy.

3.) There is little to no skill potential when it comes to PvE. Anything that is difficult the first time will be learned quickly and it will not be easy anymore. I remember having so much difficult with the Mad King JP when it came out, and I was very good at JP. But it was difficult because I was still learning the paths and the most efficient routes. As soon as I finished that JP, I never had trouble again.

THAT is why it is difficult to design ‘SKILLFUL’ content. You need to design a system that will always be difficult whether it’s your first or 12th run. Because as soon as people figure out the system that supposedly makes it difficult, it will be exploited to the fullest extent.

Regarding time and gold
-I think you are overestimating the number of people who make gold off of flipping. If everyone did it, there would be no profit. It’s called arbitrage and it’s very interesting, you can wiki it. And it’s not as easy as it sounds. People who make money off of arbitrage deserve it

1.) OMG. O…M…G. I play since release too, 0 drop. Now I hate RNG even more. Well, you’re working for it I guess, so I’d say it’s deserved. Not a fan of farming stuff at all. As I said, boring to me. (just curious, how many hours/week are you farming? How long, would you say, can I stay in one area until diminishing returns starts?)

2.)

• race: It worked well on the Clocktower. In instances you can easily switch peoples skills of. For the moment you fall behind and have to fight the veterans, just switch it on again.
  • some may have stability, others kill faster… It doesn’t matter, Personal Story managed to do this quite fine. You don’t need 100% equality – some classes are harder to master and that’s fine. They can do missions where speed is good, in others a good defense helps, and so on. It would bring the balance.
  • Personal Story missions might have been easy for some, for others not so much. The thing is: you’ll have to be good enough – if you are you’ve earned it. If not, try becoming better.

3.) you said it yourself: it was challenging the first time. Why would you need to do it a second time?? No one said that you should farm this challenges, it’s a one-time mission. You were learning the paths. That’s great, this is what I want from my legendary challenge. Forget the farming-aspect here, none of the challenge-missions should be farmed at all.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

New Legendaries / Rework

Vol.5241

1.) I have work so 3-4 hours on weekdays and weekends maybe if I’m not busy I’ll farm +6 hours. No one knows anything about DR but I feel it hits after 45m-1HR

2.) I think you meant Wintersday – what they did during Wintersday was have everyone, regardless of class have the same speed. But in order to do this, they had to disable your skills and have everyone hold a present (like equipping a weapon). So you can see this presents a programming challenge – how do you make everything fair for each class in terms of running speed but also make them able to kill mobs? Not to mention, some skills are very good movement skills (guardian GS 3, warrior GS 5, Ele’s RTL…The only way I can see this happening is if they gave everyone an item to pick which gives you specific skills. But of course then you have class traits/utilities/elites to deal with. It gets very complicated.

3.) You would need to do it a second time because you failed the first time. If you don’t fail something, it’s not challenging or skillful. There needs to be failures so that the player realizes that you need to think about the encounter and develop strategies. If I wanted to design something truly ‘skillful’, I would design the encounter so that it wouldn’t be defeated on first try.

Anyways, I think we’re gonna go in circles.

I do agree that this game needs more skill, and I wouldn’t bother having to deal with it. I just find it very difficult for Arenanet to do it and I think we should all reset our expectations for what constitutes as ‘skillful’ because it’s very difficult to do in an MMO.

[Permabanned on Forums]

New Legendaries / Rework

Marcus Greythorne.6843

clocktower
http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Mad_Kings_Clock_Tower-33.jpg

I think it’s not that difficult because Anet has proven in a lot of instanced content that they can do it. Clocktower, Winterday, some few Personal Story missions were quite challenging.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’m less concerned about skill, or farming etc. Everything has it’s place in the world of MMO’s from my point of view.
What I am concerned with is the journey. There should be a connection.

Let me put it this way, a while back I crafted the sword Firebringer. I really like it. But there is something missing. I’ll try to convey an example and hope that I’m not getting flamed for it too much – the Paladin mount back when in that other game. That was a moment of proud prancing it around. Personally no other mount has given me the same feeling, no bear or dragon. They were all nice of course, but the journey was … different.

Mad Memories (the back item) and the Fused Gauntlets, those mean more to me than the Firebringer.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

New Legendaries / Rework

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’m less concerned about skill, or farming etc. Everything has it’s place in the world of MMO’s from my point of view.
What I am concerned with is the journey. There should be a connection.

Let me put it this way, a while back I crafted the sword Firebringer. I really like it. But there is something missing. I’ll try to convey an example and hope that I’m not getting flamed for it too much – the Paladin mount back when in that other game. That was a moment of proud prancing it around. Personally no other mount has given me the same feeling, no bear or dragon. They were all nice of course, but the journey was … different.

Mad Memories (the back item) and the Fused Gauntlets, those mean more to me than the Firebringer.

yeah I’m with you That’s what I’m trying to suggest too, to give context. Each weapon should have a story behind it, a legendary hero/antihero who wielded it and related things to his journey to recreate the weapon again.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: LimeTwyst.7039

LimeTwyst.7039

I am most hopeful for each legendary having a lore filled storyline and a scavenger hunt much like that of the black moa chick mini of GW1.

The storyline lore to lend an emotional tie, and difficulty of the areas and the remote treks required to obtain all the components give pride for the effort.

LT | Ellti Doomfang | Sanctum of Rall

New Legendaries / Rework

Vol.5241

If we’re gonna want some lore, how are they gonna explain The Dreamer?

[Permabanned on Forums]

New Legendaries / Rework

Marcus Greythorne.6843

the thing is… if they add this superawesome skill based aquisition, it would be watered down by having the precursors still drop by RNG – knowing that there probably was no skill involved in getting one. A kind of sour taste.

New Legendaries / Rework

Marcus Greythorne.6843

well there are different kind of legends in the world, different kind of heroes/antiheroes – not everyone sane

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

The one that got away. Or the one that did not wake up. A freak accident. Asura magic gone wild!

Just change the unicorns to minotaurs and all will be well and easily explainable.

Btw – I would be more interested in The Moot (cue music staying alive … staying alive)

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

The Dreamer, a bow of immense power, was crafted in the Rainbow Hills of Ascalon. Created by none other than the Pride Dragon himself for his most trustworthy and loyal servant, Rainbow Bright, it was used to bring grit lovers and dark brooding emo kids to their wobbly knees for many centuries before being lost to the history books.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Solaxo.7409

Solaxo.7409

I’m a big fan of meteorlogicus, but it would be great if we could see some additions to it.; a unique trait of some sort.

Attachments:

Solaxo | [MF] Malum Factum – Officer
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Where did you take that screen?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Annelotte.8105

Annelotte.8105

I’m a big fan of meteorlogicus, but it would be great if we could see some additions to it.; a unique trait of some sort.

yes… Awesome skin.. NO effects :l ANET REWORK THE SCEPTER AND FOCUS!

Attachments:

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

clocktower
http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Mad_Kings_Clock_Tower-33.jpg

I think it’s not that difficult because Anet has proven in a lot of instanced content that they can do it. Clocktower, Winterday, some few Personal Story missions were quite challenging.

But not remotely challenging enough for a precursor – and despite this the forums were ablaze with people complaining it’s too hard. Now imagine a “super-clocktower” that’s 10 times harder and rewards a precursor at the end…

…the forums would burn down forever

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

The problem with WvW being a requirement is that not everyone but the most wealthy of players IRL have a computer capable of running WvW flawlessly. Its why people complain about WvW and why no one likes it. Its not a bad play mode, its the problem of it not running on any machine flawlessly. Its because no one can actually play it except those that can afford $2000-4000 rigs. Anyone that has that money IRL can buy a legendary with real cash by cash→gems→gold→legendary.

So no to WvW.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

New Legendaries / Rework

Marcus Greythorne.6843

clocktower

But not remotely challenging enough for a precursor – and despite this the forums were ablaze with people complaining it’s too hard. Now imagine a “super-clocktower” that’s 10 times harder and rewards a precursor at the end…

…the forums would burn down forever

It would only be 1 step in the journey of getting a precursor. Many other challenges ahead. Clocktower was quite difficult, if you don’t think so because you did it I would say: you’ve earned it. I don’t know a lot of people who made it.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: barabajaga.7652

barabajaga.7652

Remember the gw1 black moa chick minipet scavenging hunt?,that was pretty cool,it takes you all across the map even some dungeon doin tasks to finally obtain the mini pet.

Well make it like that(a littke bit harder and longer) and it will be fun and rewarding ,all across the map getting into dungeons, maybe some rare craft materials that dont involve absurd grinding ,and no mystic toilet rng kitten.

That will be a fantasitc way to obtain a precursor or a legendary.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If anyone is familiar with Runescape and the Completionist cape (both regular and trimmed) know that is the “end-game item achievement”. This takes YEARS of grinding and 1 of the items on the checklist takes 5,000 games of a mini-game at 20 minutes each. I agree with Vol. Any Precursor checklist should be long, it should be hard, it should be a grind.

Legendary weapons should be legendary. Pay the cash or do the time for your precursor.

leg·end·ar·y
Adjective
Of, described in, or based on legends.
Remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.

Exactly where in that definition does it say ‘Requiring an obscene amount of time’ and/or ‘Being available solely to the wealthy or financially irresponsible’?

(edited by Conncept.7638)

New Legendaries / Rework

Ryuujin.8236

Exactly where in that definition does it say ‘Requiring an obscene amount of time’ and/or ‘Being available solely to the wealthy or financially irresponsible’?

It’s simply the most practical way of doleing these things

You COULD give them away to the players with the highest achievement scores or highest PvP scores – that seems most appropriate. But anyone who hasn’t played continuously since launch could almost certainly never obtain one.

You could mix RNG into things, so players who meet certain more realisticlly achievable criteria (ie. world completion, dungeon mastery, specific WvW or PvP ranks) have a CHANCE to receive them; but people complain there is too much RNG as it is.

Anything else is either going to cause divisions in the population. (ie. in Allods the dragon relic gear could only be obtained from the final raid dungeon which was so insanely difficult that on the NA server there were only a handful extremely hardcore guilds that could complete it – those players stood out as unique in ability and gear; but in a game like GW2 people’d still complain they are too highly gated. – And once a guild gets it done several times they basically have it on farm and then everyone is going to have a precursor.)

My solution: Get rid of legendaries – there is so much needless amateur dramatics over these kitten things the game’d be better off without them.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

New Legendaries / Rework

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Some people have 0 imagination.

it’s practical the way it is…
but you could… (hillarious solution)
but you could… (unpopular and unimaginative solution)

Anything else is going to cause divisions in the population… (because it’s difficult —> seriously?)
Guilds get it faster… (ignoring the instanced challenge suggestion)

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Solaxo.7409

Solaxo.7409

Where did you take that screen?

Southeast Corner of Kessex Hills

Solaxo | [MF] Malum Factum – Officer
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

There is only -one- Legendary with lore behind it and that is The Flameseeker Prophecies, every other Legendary got pretty much nothing behind them, and they all spawn from the mysic toilet.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

There is only -one- Legendary with lore behind it and that is The Flameseeker Prophecies, every other Legendary got pretty much nothing behind them, and they all spawn from the mysic toilet.

THIS is my biggest beef. A legend is a story, something is L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y because of it’s connection with such a story, disqualifying nearly all of the ‘legendary’ weapons.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Izzuan.3704

Izzuan.3704

honestly, in games I’ve played, I’ve hunted for Epic Weapons ala EQ1 style. This game has gotten me the closest to that feeling yet…now they just need to have in game lore for the precursor scavenger hunt….

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Avalanzhe.5761

Avalanzhe.5761

We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

It’s highly likely the precursor concept will involve playing varied different content all over the game to gather numerous content specific materials that are combined together to make a precursor.

We do also want to maintain that chance you could get lucky and earn one earlier through random drops, so when we add the new system we will not remove the current one to ensure players have multiple ways to gain the items. Also with the upcoming update to WvW, there will be a chance players can earn precursors from the WvW rank reward chests as well.

First thanks for replying and giving out some hints that you guys are really planning to release new skins.

But I would like to know if you guys are planning to release a legendary staff that could match the dark-themed nature of Necromancers. I really want a 2-handed weapon for my Necromancer and Bifrost is no where fits a necro. I was hoping like a twilight-like staff or a bloody staff better for a legendary.

Cheers Anet!

Vaahlenaz Bloodlich – Charr Necromancer

New Legendaries / Rework

Marcus Greythorne.6843

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Dear Anet,
u said a long long time ago that there will be new legendaries, and a rework to the existing ones. U Also said that there will be a scavanger hunt for the precursors.
Could u give us a litte update when we can expect these updates?
Or at least a clue if u are working currently on them?

I would also want to know, why you departed from the original concept art of meteologicus? It looked muuuuuch better than the one that made it to the game…

I’m sorry, the moment somebody uses “u” instead of “you” it just makes me want to dismiss the entire post.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Artemis.6283

Artemis.6283

Dear Anet,
u said a long long time ago that there will be new legendaries, and a rework to the existing ones. U Also said that there will be a scavanger hunt for the precursors.
Could u give us a litte update when we can expect these updates?
Or at least a clue if u are working currently on them?

I would also want to know, why you departed from the original concept art of meteologicus? It looked muuuuuch better than the one that made it to the game…

I’m sorry, the moment somebody uses “u” instead of “you” it just makes me want to dismiss the entire post.

Yeah that’s a really good argument and contributes to the topic….
YOU should also keep in mind that there are many foreign people in the Forum (just like me)
And as far as I know, it is common to use “U” instead of “you”….
Nevertheless, I’m excited to see these changes and I hope we don’t have to wait too long (hopefully these changes will go live later this year)
There are already good suggestions for the scavenger hunt. Keep it up and Anet might consider implementing them

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Nymeria.1653

Nymeria.1653

Love it! Please anet, make a legendary scepter like this one

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

That is a good point, if you want to make it more memorable. Instead of just going to the mystic forge in LA, for the final making you could have each legendary have a specific forge-point hidden away in the world somewhere, and you have to take the components there to forge it, and get a little (but hopefully epic) cutscene.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Avalanzhe.5761

Avalanzhe.5761

Like I said, I want a legendary staff with a decent skin that will match a necro… if I just go for those you post, then I guess it would be stupid of me to post here… lol…

New Legendary staff for necro’s or with dark themed… nuff said.

Vaahlenaz Bloodlich – Charr Necromancer

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

They should rename this game Legendarywars 2 or Vanityendgamewars 2…

Because obviously grinding your life away for a ugly skin to show how cool you are seems very popular these days in MMORPGs

New Legendaries / Rework

Ryuujin.8236

The fractal nature of the mists can explain almost anything

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Oh and also when this plan is put into motion will there be a currency option (NON RNG) for collecting T6 mats needed for legendary construction in PVE?

They already have one, it’s called gold. They have another with minimal rng, it’s called Laurels.

Nope RNG is still needed in order to control how much gold it cost to get the items thru the control of the looting of items including the bags in Orr. It’s doubly so with the heavy bags from mobs because there’s a separate RNG calculation to get the bag, and then a separate one for when the bag is opened.

AND RNG is still involved with opening the boxes/bags that you buy with karma/laurels.

So RNG is very much still involved, all they did was see complaints about RNG and give us two other options for more RNG, RNG =/= a solution for RNG

Also, there are two threads talking about the RNG problems players are facing right now where drops are not dropping from these boxes/bags as well as the bags are no longer dropping from mobs in Orr, and that’s the reason for my question.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Wow. Anet actually responded to this? Heh. There might be a panic to starting hoarding T6 mats…

I do find it sort of interesting how the main worry of legendaries (or what we hear about the most) is over the precursors, yet many people don’t seem to realise how much money all those t6 mats take. And what do they think will happen to those prices once more and more people are able to earn precursors?

More than the precursor needs reworking regarding legendaries imho.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Vawn.3041

Vawn.3041

We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

I am prepared to be excited about this, pending more information on what this progression entails. However, knowing there will be a path has allowed me to be comfortable listing the rare level 80 greatswords that occasionally drop as I farm in Southsun, rather than fretting about if I should instead throw them in that MFer (Mystic Forger) for a chance at a precursor.

Now if only those time-limited weapon skins were directly purchasable from the Gem Store, life would be good and you’d have a lot of Thank You money from my wallet in your pocket. You do like Thank You money, yes?

-Vawn

(edited by Vawn.3041)

New Legendaries / Rework

Vol.5241

necro’d a month late

[Permabanned on Forums]

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

I really hope that they make the scavenger difficult and long enough that players will still think that the 600g or so to buy some precursors is a suitable alternative.

i.e. includes:
-10,000 WvW kills
-90 laurels
-50 guild commendations
-dungeon master
-50 SPvP Tourneys

+ a whole list of scavenger item requirements that can only be acquired through beating tough bosses, acquired at different times at the day, and through solo and team work.

No to guild commendations.
-Not everyone is in a guild.
-Not everyone wants to be in a guild
-Not everyone that is in a guild is in a large enough guild to acquire this.
-Not everyone that is in a large enough guild has the desire to do guild missions at all.
-Not every guild does guild missions, even if they can.

Absolute no to guild commendations. If I dont want to do guild missions, thats how I want to play…i.e. the whole theme of the game. So don’t force me to do that.

This can be said about anything in the game. If content was catered solely on what people want and not what the game needs, then the game would never move forward.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Zafer.2391

Zafer.2391

I might be posting on a inactive thread but I think many people will still hit this thread on their future searches and who knows maybe Anet will give a positive consideration to the suggestions by players about the scavenger hunt requirements.

Considering the price of precursors now and everyone agrees that scavenger hunt should be really really hard to prevent legendary weapons turn to ordinary weapons, and also what Colin said about how they want us to play all their game content to obtain them, I recommend the requirements to be modified a bit as follows to make it hard and reasonable:
-150 sPVP wins
-5k WvW kills
-Dungeon Mastery
-Full JP completion
-10k achievement points
-Some laurel+Guild Commendations
-Master Crafter (Account wise not a single character)

I can hear some protest about these requirements will be hard for some etc. Yes it is supposed to be REALLY HARD. I dont have most of these requirements myself. That will save you 700+ gold so what do you expect? Run from 1 npc to other to talk and use some kind of device to detect some items hidden on the maps and complete it in a week? I think this new scavenger hunt should require a normal player (not talking about those who live in Tyria literally) to invest at least 1 year into it. The hunt wont only make him get a precursor but also make him play all the content and overcome all the challenges GW2 puts before us. I remember in Aion we had to try and grind several months non stop and throw tons of money (to craft a purely luck dependent material) into a seriously crappy gear set that is the rare equivalent of GW2 armors.

Seriously guild commendation points should be the least of your worries. If it is a problem, just join a guild that does them properly. Simple as that.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

I saw all the great-looking new Cutthroat Politics stuff, came here to ask a question about Crab Toss’s glorious return and saw this thread. I-..I can’t even-..MY HEART.

New awesome-sounding minigames, getting Crab Toss back, a clear chance at a precursor AND more incentive to WvW? Anet, have you been reading my diary?

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Fix the kitten effects bug and make them account bound (Even when equiped) before adding new ones….

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I really hope people aren’t expecting their precursor to be easy to obtain via scavenger hunt. Legendaries will cease to feel legendary if every other person has one. The current precursor difficulty is a huge part of the exclusivity, and although RNG sucks, the barrier is an important part of setting legendaries apart from every other exotic. Whatever Anet does with the scavenger hunt, it’s going to have to require a massive amount of time and resources to equal the RNG. It’s probably why it’s taking them so long to develop. They don’t want to put something out that’s too hard or too easy, or just badly designed. I’m expecting time-gated things similar to the charged quartz.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

We’ve learned we really can’t give timelines, since if we’re ever wrong a mob comes after us with torches and pitchforks

no problem man, after you trolled an entire world with horizontal progression making millions of ppl buy this game… no one cares what your saying since october anyway.

cheers

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I Think people will get really mad when the scavanger hunt comes out… They think it will be like “Oh, go an kill5 chickens, there you go”… But i am sure Anet got this. Precursor are supposed to be hard to get, they want to add a reliable way to get them. So, it will take some time, probably the same time you would expect to use to farm for it.

Aka the same time it will take to make 500 gold+-

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I see so many posts throughout the forum that say something along the lines of: “A scavenger hunt will make legendary non-exclusive. Then who wants something everyone else has.”
While I will agree that exclusivity is a perk, it shouldn’t be the only thing Anet is concerned with. After playing for a year plus and actively working towards a legendary; a player may not ever see one due to RNG. While others can get the most coveted item (pre-cursor) with dumb luck and a single try from 4 rares in the MF or a lucky drop off a risen chicken. As a company Anet has to weigh the concerns of those players as well as those that want the legendary to remain exclusive.
Two points I’d like to make.
1- Does anyone on these forums really think that if a pre-cursor scavenger hunt materializes; that it won’t be time gated beyond belief? And that Anet won’t make the resulting pre-cursor and the crafted legendary account bound?
2- This game is glorified, adult, fun dress up game for our characters. As such we need as much variety as possible to signify our own personal expression of the characters we play. For Anet to allow weapons to be dyed or particle effects added would increase variety. Also a larger choice of legendaries, weapon skins, & armor skins will go a long way. Treasure hunts for rare drops of new skins, crafting or purchasing particle effects to add to a weapon, and so many other possibilities exist. I mention these things because with variety people don’t have as dire a need for exclusivity. If three people are standing next to one another with the same armor and weapons but each has their own unique colors and effects…
My $0.02 and that is worth very little these days.

Edit: for a grammar mistake

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Colin: If I could make a suggestion: Let not this “quest” be to gather more materials than we already need to(fear it turning into a..grind), but a legendary, epic, long, DIFFICULT quest/story chain.

One where the last mission is some mechanically challenging fight that you must solo(no grouping)..not a tank and spank, don’t throw 100 adds at us. A fight that can take 10-15 minutes to solo, one that will cause many wipes and deaths. One that not everybody can do.

I garuntee, it’ll feel epic and legendary then.

Frankly, if it’s going to be that sort of battle to get just part of a legendary, I’d better not do the final forge and then see 4 people standing next to me in LA who just dropped wad of cash and purchased it.

Arenanet killed the entire concept of legendaries by making them not account bound on acquire.

If there is going to be a massive task such as suggested above just to get a precursor, I want a title to go with it, like “Precursor Fabrication Specialist”

Those who build should be recognized vs. those who just have a lot of cash.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

To all of you people suggesting PvP to get a precursor, no part of a legendary requires involvement in PvP currently; it has absolutely no place in the acquirement of a PvE skin. None.

New Legendaries / Rework

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Make cool legendaries, not silly ones. We already have the silly ones.