New Legendary Trinket?

New Legendary Trinket?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

According to this source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/ under the
Rewards and character progression

R.I.P Kumu <3

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

“We don’t make grindy games”

Just poped into my head for some reason… Probably nothing…

Attachments:

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

legendary trinkets?!!! lol
ascended was ok..
but going as far as legendary tier..? the gap for exotics will only widen!!
/facepalm

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

ascended was ok..
/facepalm

But Legendaries aren’t any more powerful than Ascended.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

legendaries are simply really expensive skins, so legendary trinkets…. uhhh…..

Oceanic [LOD]

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

It’s gonna be in the same stat range as ascendant it’s basically the same tier.. I don’t know who will go for it if the stats are not better then previous ascendant.

play hard , go pro.

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

ascended was ok..
/facepalm

i only hope they don’t..
but knowing that trinkets don’t have visuals..
and if they upgrade these tier stats like they did with ascended, but with 250 of every mats and a perc to craft….

New Legendary Trinket?

TheDaiBish.9735

ascended was ok..
/facepalm

i only hope they don’t..
and if they upgrade these tier stats like they did with ascended, but with 250 of every mats and a perc to craft….

Legendaries provide other benefits (or they will do, at any rate), such as:

• Always being on par with the highest tier of gear
  • The ability to swap stat combinations out for others while out of combat.

As for the visuals, who knows? Maybe they’ll give an aura or something?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

ascended was ok..
/facepalm

Your post is pretty much /facepalm.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

ascended was ok..
/facepalm

you don’t even play this game do you?

At least learn how the game works before attempting to bakitten. You just look silly now…

imo these trinkets will almost certainly add some sort of character effect. An aura, a footprint, a shine on armor, something for the visual aspect. The ability to switch stats alone will not be worth the effort to get a legendary trinket.

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Yet.

The Wind Catcher was likely a test to try an accessory giving an aura. I would expect similar, only stronger, effects from Legendary trinkets – like the flaming aura from the Predator.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

New Legendary Trinket?

kokiman.2364

Yet.

The Wind Catcher was likely a test to try an accessory giving an aura. I would expect similar, only stronger, effects from Legendary trinkets – like the flaming aura from the Predator.

Yeah this is going to look awesome, right? Trinket aura(s), backpack aura, weapon aura. People will look like champions that get attacked by 50 people.

GuildWars 2

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Yeah this is going to look awesome, right? Trinket aura(s), backpack aura, weapon aura. People will look like champions that get attacked by 50 people.

I’m not that concerned, since we don’t really have THAT many people with multiple legendaries :-P But it could be rather silly if there’s no limit to how many effects appear at once.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I’m going to go with (and hope for) these points. Go through the long process of making Legendary trinkets just so you don’t have to make another set ever again. As someone with multiple sets per character, I’ll surely jump on more Legendary gear.

As for visuals, I don’t see a need for more. I’m already concerned with clashing visuals between weapons and back items, now they’ll add armor to the mix. Trinkets would be just overkill.

New Legendary Trinket?

TheDaiBish.9735

I’m going to go with (and hope for) these points. Go through the long process of making Legendary trinkets just so you don’t have to make another set ever again. As someone with multiple sets per character, I’ll surely jump on more Legendary gear.

As for visuals, I don’t see a need for more. I’m already concerned with clashing visuals between weapons and back items, now they’ll add armor to the mix. Trinkets would be just overkill.

I think it’d be pretty neat if a different piece give different effects, with the aura intensifying the more pieces you have equipped. So:

• Amulet would affect your Elite visual
  • Accessories and Rings would affect the visuals of skills 6 – 9

So a Warrior with a Bifrost-like Accessory would have their Stomp modified to cause a rainbow shockwave, as an example.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I think it’d be pretty neat if a different piece give different effects, with the aura intensifying the more pieces you have equipped. So:

So a Warrior with a Bifrost-like Accessory would have their Stomp modified to cause a rainbow shockwave, as an example.

As neat as that would be, you’re looking at either half garbage with skills grouped to type or making a trinket per skill and that’s a lot of trinkets.

I’ll be happy with dynamic stats. Each of my weapons already engulf my character pretty well.

New Legendary Trinket?

kokiman.2364

You could add class specific mechanics like burst skills or even better pets/turrets/minions to that. I’d love to be able to customize my pet a little bit ;_;

GuildWars 2

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

I made a post about my ideas regarding legendary backpieces and/or trinkets here.

To recap, I think subdued jumping and/or dodging effects might make a more interesting addition rather than auras or glows which might not interact well with other legendaries, perhaps?

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i would go for it if i can change the stat of trinkets at will, but i don’t really think they will implement any legendary trinket, what’s the point? they are not even visible…
and they give us only 2 gift of exploration for the map completion, how are we supposed to get a full legendary set?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

i would go for it if i can change the stat of trinkets at will, but i don’t really think they will implement any legendary trinket, what’s the point? they are not even visible…
and they give us only 2 gift of exploration for the map completion, how are we supposed to get a full legendary set?

You do know that you can take another character through the world map again and get two more, right?

New Legendary Trinket?

TheDaiBish.9735

Who’s to say that Legendary Trinkets will be made the same way as the Weapons?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

New Legendary Trinket?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Legendary items in that secion will brign to the game just only more epic skilsl and special effects to the game, just like legendary weapons do.

Legendary Backpices won’t be any more powerful, than Ascendend Backpices, but their animations will just be more spectacular, like for example adding to our characters something like a kind of “aura” or so. The wind aspect backpiece was just a good example for which direction that could go further in future with legendary backpieces.

legendary earrings, amulets and rigns will be also not more power than ascendend rings/earrings, but the legendary ones could add speciafic visual changes to our charactersl ike giving them:

- special animated finishing moves for killing downed players
- special animated stuff while dancing (remember the aura of GW1)
- special animated stuff while using emotes or while using music instruments and the like

Theres more than just special effects for weapons and footprints that could be doen with legendary items. There could be for example a legendary effect, that permanently gives u the effect animation, as if your character would have retaliation .
For specific classes/characters might look this surely very good to have some kind of permanental magical shield at your arm that looks like a kind of wing protecting you, even if you don#t have the boon active on your character

Just a simple example for into which direction this could be leading to maybe.

PS: or what I would especially love to see the most:

legendary backpieces , rigns ect. that are able to change the animation effects of your class skills.

For example while wearing a specific legendary backpiece as an elementalist, would turn your red fireballs into blue fireballs with the same design of those fireballs being casted by ascalonian ghost mages

THAT would be awesome, if anet would alow us to customize the visials of our skills via legendary equipment stuff !!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)