New Legendary idea (All weapons)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I think all legendaries in one style, let’s say Incinerator is a style, should be across all weapon types. So there should be a mace, sword, focus etc with the same effects as Incinerator. Same with Twilight, there should be other weapon types with the same effects as that Twilight.

This will improve a lot and more people will work toward a legendary and really think it’s worth to get one.

Example: There’s a longbow that shoots rainbow unicorns.
Idea: Make a hammer with the same effect and style. Instead of a small rainbow unicorns appearing flying across the map, there will be a glimmer of a rainbow and unicorn appearing.

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

If they shared the same style they’d be like any other skin set.

Also, less rainbows and unicorns, ty.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

It needs galaxies and stars.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

That doesnt sound so legendary anymore!

I do think that some options would be good.

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

Or make all classes be able to equip all weapons, which is how this game should be anyway

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Or make all classes be able to equip all weapons, which is how this game should be anyway

No please just no

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

Need something that shoots double rainbows.

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

Oh my god, yes! A rainbow set of weapons, or a twilight set. That’s a pretty smart idea. I for one love it. But just @projectcedric said, it will take away the legendary feeling and will take a catloving time to make. But (Yes, but again) what if we add one legendary to each weapon like the greatswords. In that way it will be more fun to actually get the superduper legendary combination instead of just an simple legendary…..

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Oh my god, yes! A rainbow set of weapons, or a twilight set. That’s a pretty smart idea. I for one love it. But just @projectcedric said, it will take away the legendary feeling and will take a catloving time to make. But (Yes, but again) what if we add one legendary to each weapon like the greatswords. In that way it will be more fun to actually get the superduper legendary combination instead of just an simple legendary…..

That’s actually the better idea in my opinion. Add a second legendary to each weapon besides the great swords and then add a combination weapon for each one. Also, Hammers need to be bigger. So many cool designs that are way too small compared with the phallic symbols of the great swords now.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

That’s actually the better idea in my opinion. Add a second legendary to each weapon besides the great swords and then add a combination weapon for each one. Also, Hammers need to be bigger. So many cool designs that are way too small compared with the phallic symbols of the great swords now.

Yes, omg. Why haven’t I see it before! All problems in guild wars 2 can be solved with BIGGER HAMMERS! No buy serioulsy, more legendary options would have been nice.

Attachments:

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

+1

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I like this guy’s idea better.

Way more unique than what we have now and with the PLs being ABoA your achievement shows since you simply cannot just buy one of them off the TP.

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

I’m afraid I disagree with the OP— I much prefer each legendary weapon being entirely, thematically unique.

Also, we’re due for our new legendaries now!

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

I’d love to see more not over-the-top legendaries like Flameseeker Prophecies or Howler, most of them are hideous.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

i really dont care what designs they use right now on new legends, as long as they at least stop favoring the greatswords and give other weapon types the decency of at least 2 choices peer weapon type. I mean really why is the gs so special to get 3 skins and not even 1 single other weapon has a 2nd choice.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

GW2 and Greatswords. Every greatsword design skins in this game are far superior looking than the rest of the other weapons.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

No please just no

Why not? Aside from balancing issues, it’s a way to add both more skills and customization to characters, which a good number of people have been craving.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

No please just no

Why not? Aside from balancing issues, it’s a way to add both more skills and customization to characters, which a good number of people have been craving.

Thiefs with greatswords? Warriors with scepters? Mesmers with rifles? Guardians with pistols? just no, none of those even make sense to me.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Let me start off by saying I love Greatswords. A giant sword, tall as a man, and does some of the best damage? SIGN ME UP! Except, I’m not a fan of Twilight or Sunrise. I prefer Incinerator and Zap. Unfortunately swords and daggers don’t fit my playstyle. Now, I don’t want a huge Zap, I’d rather have a new legendary entirely. How about we just get new Legendaries all around?