New Level up Interface

New Level up Interface

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

So now when I level up, I click the reward and then get another pop-up window telling me what rewards are coming up. So that’s two windows I have to click through to get rid of now. Wasn’t there a better way to do this that giving us ANOTHER screen to click on? At least give us a shortcut to close screens. I am sick of all the clicking on this and that and that again and click here for reward design.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

meh. just click it away. you’ll be 80 in no time.

I don’t like this “level up presentation” either.
What I do I click it all away fast and move on 2 seconds later.

Try popping 80 tomes, having to double click all tomes plus click the accept button plus open all of the leveling messages one at a time afterwards. Then cry to yourself because you’ve been clicking for an hour and your hand is cramping so bad that it might be less painful to just chop it off.

Anet seems to have some sort of clicking fetish. Between putting bags inside bags inside bags and all of the stuff they make you click its a miracle I haven’t gotten carpal tunnel yet.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I actually like it, allows you to see whats coming up and how to plan hero points around that. I can see how it is annoying if you’re just speed leveling or doing alts, but still it’s a quite useful thing.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

Or they can just give an option to close automatically any such pop-up after x seconds. Also a customizable UI, with a way to add, hide, move around, resize.
#wearewaybeyond2000

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have been waiting for someone to create a thread about this.

I think the new Level-up Rewards windows are great! Lots of information, and a much better sneak peek at what’s coming up.

I will never understand why ‘clicking’ is considered hard work, though. But, that’s just me.

Great job, Devs! I like it! =)

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Try popping 80 tomes, having to double click all tomes plus click the accept button plus open all of the leveling messages one at a time afterwards. Then cry to yourself because you’ve been clicking for an hour and your hand is cramping so bad that it might be less painful to just chop it off.

Anet seems to have some sort of clicking fetish. Between putting bags inside bags inside bags and all of the stuff they make you click its a miracle I haven’t gotten carpal tunnel yet.

Funny you should mention bags. Spent all my free time today just doing that, (weekly clean out) with about 15 mins play time. The mats and luck were great, but omg, what a grind. Did I find it fun? Put it this way, I’ll probably wake up screaming about bags tonight!

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I’m sure you know this is not the proper way to level up, personally I love the NPE, it’s made leveling low chars fun again with the content guide and guaranteed rewards every couple of levels.

@Shadey Dancer, just open bags as you get them, tis what I do and I never have backlog

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

I think you missing the point here, with the “I like it as it is” & “I don’t like it”. Feedback is great and so on, but why not make it better (without breaking it of course). Take the siege weapon upgrading for example (where you have to place each piece one by one and then click on that slow pop-up to receive it), and so many similar examples of clicking and clicking endlessly in an UI, which is not fun, it’s worse, but… should be fun, right?

Let us skip, automate, buy or create in packs… even if you feel the need to “time gate” certain actions (such as crafting for example, where at least we don’t have to click ONE BY ONE to create 5,000 Mango Pies), because it’s not just annoying, but it’s literally painful to do it.

#playingforFUN

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Sweetbread.4701

Sweetbread.4701

Yeah i don’t really understand Anet’s obsession with constantly revamping the interface for no reason. The other one was much more streamlined and had a nice graphic to it, now you’re forced to see upcoming rewards even though there was already an option to to view it in the previous version if you wanted. It kind of reminds me of when they reshuffled and butchered the personal story for absolutely no reason and then took half a year to fix it. Such an absolute waste of time and effort that in no way improves the game.

New Level up Interface

Dinks.2478

I’m sure you know this is not the proper way to level up, personally I love the NPE, it’s made leveling low chars fun again with the content guide and guaranteed rewards every couple of levels.

@Shadey Dancer, just open bags as you get them, tis what I do and I never have backlog

Its funny how opinions work. I find the NPE to have essentially ruined leveling for me. I don’t think I’d ever level a new character legitimately again.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

How is it not one of the correct ways to level up? There’s a reason SPvP doesn’t give XP on its own, but instead a lot of tomes.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I have to agree. I merely used one Tome of Knowledge and it annoyed me. I don’t understand the need for the change, and I’m scared it’s going to remain that way as Anet rarely changes their new interfaces. I dislike this new interface for two reasons:

1) It’s very obtrusive, tends to get in the way of things.
2) It’s very annoying to have to go through per level.

Some info/response from Anet would be appreciated.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

You must be leveling really fast to find such a thing annoying. Do you mind making a guide?

New Level up Interface

AegisRunestone.8672

You must be leveling really fast to find such a thing annoying. Do you mind making a guide?

He was using Tomes of Knowledge.

New Level up Interface

Shaaba.5672

On an individual basis, no, clicking away an extra screen is not a huge deal. However, the accumulated instances of clicking on this or that do up and become annoying. With this new level-up interface, there was already an option to preview upcoming rewards. Why make it a whole new window that can’t be ignored? Maybe just make the button bigger?

Look at the daily chest. You get a window for the reward, then a window with the dailies. OK, I get it, two separate things. They could have at least made the windows a similar size so that you don’t have to move the mouse to close them both out. Or give me a way to keybind it.

Again, any individual action is not a big deal, but I would love to see Anet moving in a direction towards streamlining and reducing clicking instead of adding bloat. This was never something I really payed much attention to prior to Wintersday, but ever since, yeah, it drives me a little bonkers.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I for one like the changes. I like knowing what’s coming up next.

If you find having to click something twice hard mode… just lol.

New Level up Interface

Shaaba.5672

So, you know … thanks for not reading anything I said at all.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Not sure why this was needed when the way it was before, you could just click on the arrow to see what was coming next. Everyone was happy.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Not sure why this was needed when the way it was before, you could just click on the arrow to see what was coming next. Everyone was happy.

My first thoughts would be letting new players know when they get their next story, when they get their next set of traits. and so on There are obviously ways to find this out for ourselves but when its shoved in your face it’s easier to find than looking when you don’t know quite where to look yet.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

I have been waiting for someone to create a thread about this.

I think the new Level-up Rewards windows are great! Lots of information, and a much better sneak peek at what’s coming up.

I will never understand why ‘clicking’ is considered hard work, though. But, that’s just me.

Great job, Devs! I like it! =)

Wait…what? Why would you be waiting anxiously for someone to make a thread for the pure intent of disagreeing with them? I mean voicing an opinion is fine but motive is sketchy….

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It wasn’t to disagree, it was to have a place to share my thoughts. The topic is the new interface. I gave my thoughts. I’m not that into making threads…sorry.

New Level up Interface

AegisRunestone.8672

Well, many of us have to disagree with you (above poster); this is was a poor decision on Anet’s side. Why can’t they just leave alone things that work already?

New Level up Interface

Posted by: krzygum.4028

krzygum.4028

I was looking for the best word to sum up new lvl up window. The only one is annoying.

With the professional approach, we would be able to choose “quick levels” or “full information screen clusterkitten”. Everybody would be happy.

But no. Why? Because.

Thank you Anet for another unwanted, untested, annoying change.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: ShontivaFeva.2916

ShontivaFeva.2916

I definitely find this new level up interface a bit of a pain. I can see why some like the sneak peak of upcoming rewards, but really, click reduction should be a goal. I’d suggest adding the two pop ups together. You can show your rewards at the top and then below it have the upcoming rewards. You could implement some sort of scroll bar if it doesn’t appear it would all fit properly on the screen. Just make sure it’s clear to the player what is the current level’s reward and what are the upcoming level’s reward.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

I was wondering. This I don’t like at all.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Sometimes in life you’ll have a Manager who introduces a new, optional system that nobody really likes or wants to use. The Manager, being embarrassed about the lack of use with their new system, decides to remove choice as a factor and make the system mandatory. Much to the disgust and irritation of people who have to actually use it. This feels like one of those situations.

Did anybody ever actually push that “Show next level rewards” button? Because I’m willing to wager that the answer is no, given that we’ve now had the choice removed. It’s just sad that the apparent conclusion was, “People seemingly can’t read or choose to push this button of their own free will” rather than “Who actually wants this?”

The entire situation is exacerbated by the fact that the information isn’t even useful. I remember one of the later level reward notifications being something about jumping puzzles as if every starter zone doesn’t have like three that you can access at any time. Ditto the above in regards to things like dyes and salvage kits. I get that Anet wants to communicate to players that these are things that they can do, but it’s constructed in such a terrible way as to be obtrusive and irritating. Why not just bring back the long lost help information and the achievements that went with using it?

Or, as I think about it, was that even the actual problem being addressed? One of the earlier complaints in regards to Guild Wars 2 was that it felt like you unlocked everything by level 30 and then everything after that was grind. Is this system a way to pretend that the act of leveling carries meaningful rewards at each step of the way, as if someone is going to don a party hat and do a happy dance when they see that screening explaining that they’ve gained an entire 15 points to their base stats? Who honestly cares? Please, for the love of god, if I my goal and your goal is for me to play the game, stop getting in our way by shoving two screens of “things nobody cares about” in our faces.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

A thread complaining about having to close a window? Literally one mouse click.

Is there really nothing you guys won’t gripe about?

EDIT: An additional mouse click, mind you, that only happens when you level….

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

New Level up Interface

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

while, yeah, first world problem for sure, from a design aspect not every chest, box, or notification deserves a 30 frame fade up and music que. Leveling up doesn’t even trigger a nice dopamine response. It’s so “blah, here’s a chest, here’s a screen, tune in next time kids” early morning PBS feel. Every other MMO I’ve played the level up moments were exciting, thematic, and rewarding.

Other games: I GOT STRONGER PARTY TIME!
GW2: Have Jeeves bring in another bottle, Im not baked enough for this to be interesting yet.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

New Level up Interface

krzygum.4028

It’s not 1 mouse click. It’s 79 additional redundant clicks. This game should be reducing clicking yet it’s multiplying it. Bags hidden in bags, now you get level window after level window. This is bad design.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Yeah, I think that’s why they silently tolerate clickers and clicking macros.
When you click on a full stack of something in a second or 5 or 10 (deppends on your “solution”), I believe they could easily auto-detect this form logs, review it and give you a warning or temp-ban you.
Let this happen, I wanna see the rage on forums prepares popcorn.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i would like just one thing, no screens at all.
i know i leveled up, i don’t care one single bit about the “info” they give, i don’t care about the rewards.
all i care about is leveling the kitten character, the screens are doing nothing more then getting on my nerves.
it is bad enough we have it with renown hearts, something that can easily be auto-accepted since it gives you nothing more then points, now we also have it with levels.

it’s as if Anet loves to go against the stream, the worst thing you can do to a player during gameplay is to spam them with messages…….and that’s exactly what they do.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You know what the real problem is with leveling up from tomes ? All those rewards
that you can’t salvage or sell. There should be an option that you simply don’t get
them at all

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I found it annoying. And I don’t level fast. In fact, I got a level by harvesting in my home instance… (he got 7 levels now by harvesting in home instances…)

And if I do create a new character, the first 20 levels are done by a scroll (what else to do with those dozens of scrolls I get?). I am not looking forward to that experience now…

i would like just one thing, no screens at all.
i know i leveled up, i don’t care one single bit about the “info” they give, i don’t care about the rewards.
all i care about is leveling the kitten character, the screens are doing nothing more then getting on my nerves.
it is bad enough we have it with renown hearts, something that can easily be auto-accepted since it gives you nothing more then points, now we also have it with levels.

it’s as if Anet loves to go against the stream, the worst thing you can do to a player during gameplay is to spam them with messages…….and that’s exactly what they do.

Why not give it once, for the first character you level. No need to keep repeating the information for people who already got multiple characters past that point.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Also a customizable UI, with a way to add, hide, move around, resize.
#wearewaybeyond2000

Anet doesn’t believe in customizable UI’s anymore. You play how they want you to play and they’ve decided this is how your UI must look.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I for one like the changes. I like knowing what’s coming up next.

If you find having to click something twice hard mode… just lol.

Its a matter of efficiency. Not absolute efficiency, but practical efficiency. The ability to present as much information as possible, in the most unobtrusive manner possible.

This is a similar issue I’ve found when they switched to events chests in Dry Top and Silver wastes, and then adopted it for EVERYTHING else. I equate it to having to fill out 2 captcha to open a web page every time you click a link. The first few times it educates you to aspects of the system…. but after that it becomes a massive hindrance to your activities.

I’m pretty sure this is an overcompensated response to previous complaints about lack of end game, pointless activities, grinding and lack of player direction. But rather then address some of the underlying causes of the complaints, they are trying to dispel those claims by drawing as much attention as possible to the to source of those very complaints. If that last statement didn’t make sense, then you’d be absolutely right. If this was a problem where people were not performing well within an education system, this is almost literally the equivalent of awarding people gold stars for effort, and calling it a new scoring system.

What irks me the most is that this has largely been a presentation issue since the beginning of the game that fails to educate players about the unusual mechanics the game employs. In Tutorial writing, the desire is to carefully meter the amount of information a player takes in, and present them to new mechanics in small enough chunks to acclimate as they go.

But on a very fundamental level, classes in GW2 are based on compounded effects between skill mechanics, traits and triggers. This is a very 3 dimensional concept that can only be presented in a 2D format of our trait lists. As such, new players think of it as a flat system until someone sits down and explains a singular build indepth. The sin that Anet has committed is that with the learning curve spikes very high at several points where new mechanics are introduced.

The new hero point system was intended to gate players from the GM traits in order to give the illusion of progress while leveling. But it fails utterly as the game’s best aspects are only experienced in combinations. For all the hate the original Trait menu had, it did offer one advantage to leveling characters….. you could gain stats at a face value until you were in a position to utilize the trait mechanics. It was problematic to advanced builds, but for unfamiliar players it offered an incremental power boost as an interim solution.

One of the single greatest disappointments I have with this game is how they failed to incorporate an re-imagined version of skill captures from the original game. This could had been done with the existing Skill challenge system by making one simple change to the design….. make the dueling skill challenges linked to a utility skill, and have the NPC use that skill in the fight.

This concept becomes even better with the Hero point system as a theme; as duels that involve your class allow you to unlock a utility (or at least advance the line), and teaches you about a skill by having to fight it first hand. For challenges that link to other classes, or generic skill challenges (or ones linked to racial skills), award players extra points for free issue.

With a willingness for more serious world content redesign, entire starter zones can be redesigned around this idea of weapon skills training and introduction to early utility skills in each line. Since the more intense combat learning doesn’t happen until you’ve gotten at least 1 utility skill; they should shift down several of the 1-10 unlocks to accommodate the first utility slot at level 10 (if they insist on keeping the PS locked at that level). The first skill unlocked would be from the class mechanic line, to help enforce the class’s most straight forward aspect.

Guardians: Consecrations
Engineers: Kits
Warrior: Physical
Rangers: Pet shouts
Thief: Tricks
Elementalist: Arcane
Mesmer: Illusions
Necro: Spectral

New Level up Interface

Draknar.5748

It’s not 1 mouse click. It’s 79 additional redundant clicks. This game should be reducing clicking yet it’s multiplying it. Bags hidden in bags, now you get level window after level window. This is bad design.

79 additional clicks spread out over….what 100hrs of game play? So like, an additional 1 click every 80min?

I’m not saying I like all of the clicking, who does, but good god this is such trivial nonsense and just makes the GW2 player base (read: forum base) sound like a bunch of spoiled children.

New Level up Interface

Dinks.2478

79 additional clicks spread out over….what 100hrs of game play? So like, an additional 1 click every 80min?

I’m not saying I like all of the clicking, who does, but good god this is such trivial nonsense and just makes the GW2 player base (read: forum base) sound like a bunch of spoiled children.

No, spread out over like 15 minutes. My hand still hurts from the last time I had to click through the leveling popups before they added the extra click. Now I might actually get carpal tunnel.

New Level up Interface

krzygum.4028

I’m not a new player. I have tomes to lvl my characters. And leveling with tomes was terrible after NPE disaster patch. Now it is even worse. Why? Because all this clicking actually hurts.

I’ve broken 3 mice already with extensive clicking GW2 requires. I should be refunded for this. However I’m only expecting development team to improve their product, e.g with making their game less frustrating – in this case they should have done anything to improve all the pop ups we get while playing. Pop up chests, pop up levels, pop up WvW rewards, PvP chests. Click, click, clickery click. And while with champ bags you can help yourself by binding 2-click to your scroll its absolutely useless against those infite pop up screens (that are ugly in addition, but that’s just my opinion).

Now, professional development would try to improve responsivity of their product, e.g by eliminating redundant clicks, pointless mouse moving and UI disfunctions. However in this case, we were given another annoying addition to already totally unresponsive pop up screens. Why? Why is this game so mediocre while it could have been so great?

New Level up Interface

Draknar.5748

I’m not a new player. I have tomes to lvl my characters. And leveling with tomes was terrible after NPE disaster patch. Now it is even worse. Why? Because all this clicking actually hurts.

I’ve broken 3 mice already with extensive clicking GW2 requires. I should be refunded for this. However I’m only expecting development team to improve their product, e.g with making their game less frustrating – in this case they should have done anything to improve all the pop ups we get while playing. Pop up chests, pop up levels, pop up WvW rewards, PvP chests. Click, click, clickery click. And while with champ bags you can help yourself by binding 2-click to your scroll its absolutely useless against those infite pop up screens (that are ugly in addition, but that’s just my opinion).

Now, professional development would try to improve responsivity of their product, e.g by eliminating redundant clicks, pointless mouse moving and UI disfunctions. However in this case, we were given another annoying addition to already totally unresponsive pop up screens. Why? Why is this game so mediocre while it could have been so great?

Ohhhh, you’re talking about if you pop all tomes and level up to 80 in one fell swoop. Well, yea that’s a lot of clicking, but I think we can all agree that people who do that (I am one as well) are definitely not the norm. I’d like to think we can all agree that the convenience of leveling to 80 within 5min of character creation far outweighs the inconvenience of 79 additional clicks.

I am concerned about your broken mice, however. I’ve played since early release and I’ve not broken any mice. Maybe don’t Hulk out on your mice?

New Level up Interface

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I doubt the devs had toming alts in mind when they designed it, nor should they really. You already have the ability to insta-level cap, having to do 3 clicks each level(or in this case 1 extra) isn’t enough reason to spend more time on it.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

A trick I found while using one of my “level to 20” scrolls : don’t close the second window, just open the next level up bonus.

That way, you’ll only have one extra clic to do when you have multiple level ups in a row.

New Level up Interface

krzygum.4028

Ohhhh, you’re talking about if you pop all tomes and level up to 80 in one fell swoop. Well, yea that’s a lot of clicking, but I think we can all agree that people who do that (I am one as well) are definitely not the norm. I’d like to think we can all agree that the convenience of leveling to 80 within 5min of character creation far outweighs the inconvenience of 79 additional clicks.

I am concerned about your broken mice, however. I’ve played since early release and I’ve not broken any mice. Maybe don’t Hulk out on your mice?

You have no data to prove how many ppl are still newbies or traditionally leveling and how many is using tomes.

Anyway, even if this new window was annoying only for minority, it improves nothing, so it is redundant.

I’m gld you have your own opinion, we need diversity, because diverity is good. But I’m still right with my arguments, but I’m not angry that you don’t agree with me. Have a nice day.

New Level up Interface

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m going to chime in to ask that they reduce the number of unnecesary clicks in this game. It’s the accumulation of all the unnecessary clicks that is causing problems. Look at the way the Trading Post is designed. When you sell something you have to click to accept that you sold something? Why is that there? By that time it’s already out of my inventory and gone. Why the second, redundant click.

The game puts in so many clicks to sell, to open packages, to accept leveling, etc, many of them unnecessary. At the end of the Winterday for example, my hands were actually aching from opening so many containers and I had to take Tylenol. About midway through the festival I stopped opening certain types and let them accumulate. I then deleted stacks of those containers after it was all over. No game should have rewards so badly packaged that deletion is preferred.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

New Level up Interface

AegisRunestone.8672

Also, you can re-see the ’what’s coming up next’ window by clicking on the gem next to the level number on the right side.

It’s silly. I have a great suggestion: return the level up reward window the way it was with the hover-over the arrow to see next-level’s rewards, and then keep the gem. The gem will show the ’what’s coming up’ whenever you click on it. So, then everyone wins in this situation.

New Level up Interface

Draknar.5748

You have no data to prove how many ppl are still newbies or traditionally leveling and how many is using tomes.

Anyway, even if this new window was annoying only for minority, it improves nothing, so it is redundant.

I’m gld you have your own opinion, we need diversity, because diverity is good. But I’m still right with my arguments, but I’m not angry that you don’t agree with me. Have a nice day.

I have no data, nor does anyone else. But using general logic, players that have access to 60 ToK (w/ a +20 scroll which everyone has to have at this point) to level a toon up to 80 would be most likely a small minority. I don’t need data for that. I can also say with fair certainty that owners of, let’s say, Meteorlogicus are a small minority compared to those that don’t have it. I have no data, but it’s a fair assumption. Pointing out I don’t have data doesn’t really change that. It’s not like I’m throwing out concrete numbers here.

Coming to the forums to complain about being marginally inconvenienced for 2min while auto-leveling to 80 through tomes, to me, just seems trivial and honestly a bit whiney. That was my one and only point.

But diversity of opinions and thinking is what has advanced our society, so I’m not angry with you either, haha.

New Level up Interface

sorudo.9054

try to say that after a long day’s work, stiff hands and then clicking your butt off to get a character to lvl 80, let’s see how long it takes till you cry like a baby because of the pain.

the idea of info is nice for new players but vets don’t give one single crap, they just want the character to lvl 80 and that’s it.

New Level up Interface

krzygum.4028

I have no data, nor does anyone else. But using general logic, players that have access to 60 ToK (w/ a +20 scroll which everyone has to have at this point) to level a toon up to 80 would be most likely a small minority. I don’t need data for that. I can also say with fair certainty that owners of, let’s say, Meteorlogicus are a small minority compared to those that don’t have it. I have no data, but it’s a fair assumption. Pointing out I don’t have data doesn’t really change that. It’s not like I’m throwing out concrete numbers here.

Coming to the forums to complain about being marginally inconvenienced for 2min while auto-leveling to 80 through tomes, to me, just seems trivial and honestly a bit whiney. That was my one and only point.

But diversity of opinions and thinking is what has advanced our society, so I’m not angry with you either, haha.

I agree with you. You can’t have the data how many ppl use tomes, so at the end you can’t make viable assumptions about how many members of our great community is being unintentionally annoyed by this change.

However arena net is a company full of professionals and I think they wanted to do a good thing with this change. I believe after reading our wonderful, civilized and absolutely fantastic feedback they will change this thing to be more responsive. I know they care and won’t fail me.

New Level up Interface

Draknar.5748

try to say that after a long day’s work, stiff hands and then clicking your butt off to get a character to lvl 80, let’s see how long it takes till you cry like a baby because of the pain.

the idea of info is nice for new players but vets don’t give one single crap, they just want the character to lvl 80 and that’s it.

Are you saying that people have literally cried like a baby from the pain of all of the clicking, or are you saying it sarcastically, meaning you don’t think the clicking is a big deal.

I legitimately can’t tell if you honestly think the clicking to 80 is so bad it is physically painful or if you are being facetious.

New Level up Interface

sorudo.9054

Are you saying that people have literally cried like a baby from the pain of all of the clicking, or are you saying it sarcastically, meaning you don’t think the clicking is a big deal.

I legitimately can’t tell if you honestly think the clicking to 80 is so bad it is physically painful or if you are being facetious.

i say that as something serious, it hurts, if you want you can borrow my hands for a bit to feel the pain.
i do heavy labor, this also means that at times i get pushed to a certain limit.
this clicking is a nightmare to me, it’s like getting hit by a metal bar harder and harder on my knuckles.

New Level up Interface

Dinks.2478

Have your joints never burnt? Have you never had a hand cramp? Were you born with a silver spoon? Do you just get your butler to do all 240 clicks in a row for you?