New Meteorlogicus [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jinxy.8457

jinxy.8457

I hate the new Meteorlogicus effects. The footfall looks bad, they just look like random lightning sparks coming out of the ground and the theme doesn’t really match the model of the scepter. I would love it if it had puffy cloud footfalls instead.

I prefer the current look even if it doesn’t have footfalls… i like the blue/purple trail on the end of the scepter when you run and its now gone

Please anet, consider changing the footfalls or changing the effects back!

I asked people with the scepter around SOR LA and they hate it too.
15 – hates the changes
2 – neutral…wants to see what it looks like in game first
1 – doesn’t mind
3 – likes changes

Oceanix [OCX]

(edited by jinxy.8457)

jinxy.8457

Preview of the new effects http://youtu.be/FsjhbHQEzDQ?t=14m

Oceanix [OCX]

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I would’ve preferred rain clouds. Downscaled, mini Healing Rains even.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

Agree with you. The footfall effect looks lame and I want the blue trail back…

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Agreed. I was working towards this as my legendary until I watched that live feed yesterday. I like the idea of lightning clouds at night time, but the foot fall looked so horrid. How does that get past quality control?

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I was working towards this as my legendary until I watched that live feed yesterday.

Hehh I’m the opposite. Wasn’t working on towards it till I saw the footage, and now I will start.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I was working towards this as my legendary until I watched that live feed yesterday.

Hehh I’m the opposite. Wasn’t working on towards it till I saw the footage, and now I will start.

The community has been asking for improvements to legendary effects. This is inherently a tough position because any improvement means change and change means some people will like it less while others will like it more.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Lua.4163

Lua.4163

I hate the new Meteorlogicus effects. The footfall looks bad, they just look like random lightning sparks coming out of the ground and the theme doesn’t really match the model of the scepter. I would love it if it had puffy cloud footfalls instead.

I prefer the current look even if it doesn’t have footfalls… i like the blue/purple trail on the end of the scepter when you run and its now gone :(

You are so right, I would rather prefer no change at all than this. Those footsteps are so unpolished, it looks like they didn’t make it with the same love as the other footsteps for other weapons. The cloud idea would be at least something different and would match the concept of the weapon.

The trail of the Meteorlogicus was something unique, very pretty and gave it an special detail to the weapon, what is the point of removing it in the first place? The trail represents the wind, showing that the little sky of the Meteorlogicus isnt static but something dynamic.

I love purple but, why purple on Meteorlogicus? I do never see purple at night… If they would like to make day and night effect, they should add a bright sun to light the weapon during the day and a full moon and stars during the night.

I am not a big fan of footsteps but I would rather clouds like you suggested than those on the video. They just look extremely cheap, I honestly don’t see that as an improvement. They are just making the weapon ugly.

(edited by Lua.4163)

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

Well Meteorlogicus needed a change to deserve the ‘legendary’ title so a change had to be done.

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

I only need 300 dungeon tokens to craft my Meteorlogicus, and after seeing it previewed, I don’t know if I will. The footfall effects look like they were made in MS paint. They are very distracting and do not fit with the item’s theme. Clouds would have been a much better choice.

Posted by: Xaielao.8510

Xaielao.8510

Are you kidding, the new Meteorlogicus looks amazing. The footfalls are kinda ‘meh’ but the new fx, day/night cycle, the sunlight effect, is so cool. It makes me, someone who hasn’t even considered going after a Legendary, want to for the first time!

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I prefer the current look even if it doesn’t have footfalls… i like the blue/purple trail on the end of the scepter when you run and its now gone

That’s exactly what I always assumed it would be. Color me disappointed.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i never liked that legendary. but i like the changes to it.maybe it should change weather more often though. sunlight ,rain, lightning,clouds,fog….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

jinxy.8457

Its also lost its glow when stowed and it just looks really strange without it

http://i.imgur.com/fWuQFy1.png

Oceanix [OCX]

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

I like these changes.
Thunder footfalls are a good idea to show something “meteorological”.
Cloud footfalls is something that the howler already does.
I own meteorologicus and the howler and wouldn’t want both to do the same thing.
About the trail representing the wind,i’ve personnaly never seen blue or purple wind and am finally happy to get rid of it.
Just my personnal taste.

jinxy.8457

updated first post of survey results

Oceanix [OCX]

Posted by: Annelotte.8105

Annelotte.8105

the new effects of meteor = PERFECTION lol best footsteps ever and best shiny aura

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

The blue trail does look quite nice, I don’t get why they’re removing it…Again this was something people who made the meteo wanted.. and suddenly taken away.

Annelotte.8105

“The blue trail” if hardly noticeable

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

what if it could get puffy cloud footsteps in day and angry lightning footsteps at night

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

I’ve expressed my opinion in older threads but after seeing the stream I can sum up again:

-I don’t like purple being added
-I don’t like trail removal and aura not active while stowed
-I don’t like the footsteps AT ALL. They look cheap and awful and they don’t match the weapon. It just looks off.

-I like the stars effect, it really adds up.

So that’s a 3 negative and 1 positive from me.

(edited by iriyabran.6218)

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I dont have the scepter but i think the new footfalls looks awesome

Annelotte.8105

I’ve expressed my opinion in older threads but after seeing the stream I can sum up again:

-I don’t like the footsteps AT ALL. They look cheap and awful and they don’t match the weapon. It just looks off.

“Meteorlogicus” = scepter meteorological Thunder is perfect ^^

sorry for my bad english

jinxy.8457

Update is tomorrow… hopefully they have made some changes :s

Oceanix [OCX]

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

Update is tomorrow… hopefully they have made some changes :s

Agreed.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I think that’s the biggest rub. The weapon was supposed to be soft and serene, and this violent (and cheap looking) lightning strikes just look out of place (and poorly done).

Hamartia.3421

I think that’s the biggest rub. The weapon was supposed to be soft and serene, and this violent (and cheap looking) lightning strikes just look out of place (and poorly done).

That makes sense. It just doesn’t fit the aesthetic at all. It’s not a LIGHTNING weapon.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Apart from the footfall, I like the changes. I have never seen the scepter as a ‘legendary to get’ until now.
My suggestion for the footfall would be to keep the lighting effects at night, and replace it with clouds or healing rain type effects in the day. Then it would match the new day/night cycle of the weapon and justify the lighting effects.

It seems like everyone who already has one is kitten ed off. Where as those who didnt like it before approve of the changes.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Apart from the footfall, I like the changes. I have never seen the scepter as a ‘legendary to get’ until now.

Apart from the footfall and the trail removal, I’m alright with it. Gonna have to wait and see the night effect though.

My suggestion for the footfall would be to keep the lighting effects at night, and replace it with clouds or healing rain type effects in the day. Then it would match the new day/night cycle of the weapon and justify the lighting effects.

That’s a reasonable suggestion.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They are adding enew flashy (Non)eye candy stuff wich IMO is horrible.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

jinxy.8457

Updated survey results in first post

Oceanix [OCX]

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

My 2 cc’s as an owner of the current Meteorlogicus:

1) stars and clouds are cool
2) everything else, is, well, a disaster. +1 to the footsteps looking cheap and not fitting that weapon, on top of the fact the lack of any footsteps was one of the reasons why I made it in the first place. Some people like them, some don’t, it’s unfair to change this in case of an item that is so expensive to make. Unfair to those who made it specifically because they like it as it is. +1 to an absolute hatred of any purpl’ish effect on that weapon. I love the current glow, I love the trail it currently leaves when you swing it, it is delicate and very fitting.

Never was I so afraid before an update as I am today.

Lothirieth.3408

Not a happy camper with these changes.

1. I want the glow back when it’s stowed. Seriously, why did you remove this?
2. I want the trail back when I run and swing the weapon. Again, seriously, why did you remove this?
3. The footsteps don’t at all match the scepter during the day. I’ve not seen the night cycle yet but it just seems out of place during the day.

The added sparkly stars when it’s drawn was nice, thank you. But,

give me my stowed glow and trail back!!!!

I worked my butt off to get this (didn’t farm CoF, took me many months) and I’m not happy at having things made worse on it.

edit: It also takes a while for the footsteps to render when I get into highly populated areas. Are other legendaries like this too?

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

iriyabran.6218

It’s purple at night(( and it’s funny cause the main glow on top is purple but the planet on the bottom of the scepter still glows blue…kitten or forgotten?

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

I definitely support those who say this shouldn’t have been changed. It’s unfair that what is the entire reason someone even got the thing in the first place (cosmetics) is fundamentally changed without recourse.

Also, it’s an interesting twist because people may have paid real money toward acquiring this.

What right did ArenaNet have to make changes to something someone paid for?

Lothirieth.3408

It’s purple at night(( and it’s funny cause the main glow on top is purple but the planet on the bottom of the scepter still glows blue…kitten or forgotten?

Mine never changed at night. Guess it takes a map change for that to happen?

Annelotte.8105

edit: New Meteorlogicus is kittening EPIC

^^

iriyabran.6218

Tell that to all the people who dedicated themselves to craft it and now don’t like it.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I will have to wait until I get home from work to see the changes for myself. From what I have read here, I’m not sure how I will feel.

Things I know I will like is that when it is stowed, the glow stops. I think it will make it more dramatic when in use.

I saw the vid with the footsteps and I will have to agree that I am not that impressed with them.

I’m actually OK, with the blue and purple because it doesn’t affect my armor color as it is white with black accents.

I do understand why many people are not overly happy here if the look they wanted is now gone. Even saying that, IMO the night/day change I think is very, very cool.

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Now you know how The Dreamer owners felt when one minute it had a cool rainbow to a gigantic clip art unicorn.

Gburzak.7035

Its horrible the lack of glow when stowed is just bad. The foosteps are simply idiotic, not only they look bad – worst footsteps out of all available out there – but they don’t fit this weapon at all. Its not Bolt ffs!!

I am not even going to comment on the purple glow at night (but yes, it looks as ugly as I have feared). It was said more than enough times here, you simply don’t do such a thing.

Not spending a cent in the gem store until this weapon is fixed.

Gburzak.7035

kitten even the blue glow is changed now and looks just way worse. Seriously, f** this, I’m off for the night.

iriyabran.6218

Footsteps don’t look as bad as they were on the stream since they added clouds so I guess I had worse expectations and it didn’t bother me as much when I saw it but the purple…..WHY :,(

Posted by: Ungod.3219

Ungod.3219

Give me the trail back and I’m happy.

Or give me back my time…

Posted by: Regent.8136

Regent.8136

It’s odd how you can’t see the blue trail on your own Meteorlogicus but on everyone else’s you can. Personally, I don’t mind the night version but during the day, it looks atrocious. Stowing it removes all animation and glow and it just looks extremely dull. Really disappointed. :/

Hamartia.3421

Meteorlogicus now has ANNOYING footsteps that I are visually distracting and disorienting.

The purple night time effect looks like crap.

I feel like I should be able to sue you. I put so much work into this kitten thing and now I honestly don’t want to use it. If it wasn’t “Ascended” now I would begin using a different skin.

First step:

Remove the awful footsteps.

Second step:

Return the old trail

Third step:

Remove purple night-time effect.

Third step:

Make it look right when sheathed like it used to.

I really hate you for this, honestly. This sucks.

(edited by Hamartia.3421)

Posted by: Lua.4163

Lua.4163

Meteorlogicus now has ANNOYING footsteps that I are visually distracting and disorienting.

The purple night time effect looks like crap.

I feel like I should be able to sue you. I put so much work into this kitten thing and now I honestly don’t want to use it. If it wasn’t “Ascended” now I would begin using a different skin.

First step:

Remove the awful footsteps.

Second step:

Return the old trail

Third step:

Remove purple night-time effect.

Third step:

Make it look right when sheathed like it used to.

I really hate you for this, honestly. This sucks.

That’s EXACTLY how I feel. Thank you!

The weapon is EXTREMELY bugged. They spent 5 minutes working on it, I mean… Destroying it. If you log in and out during the night you can even have the trail back. Not to mention that you can see the white clouds bellow the dark clouds during the night, they just added a kittenty dark effect on the white ones. Its just so cheap and horrible… so disappointing!

(edited by Lua.4163)

Posted by: Kuess.1842

Kuess.1842

Okay I feel for you now, that you need to make two threads about this. Sorry the weapon isn’t to your liking anymore but I need to tell you to stop. Anet isn’t going to reverse this. There are a lot of ppl who do like it. (including me). Maybe it’s time to try and get over this.

Hamartia.3421

Footsteps are garbage. I don’t want an ugly scattering of crap in my screen.

Lack of trail sucks.

When sheathed sucks.

Purple sucks.

Thanks Anet.

Gburzak.7035

My feelings exactly.

Let me add one more point: return the old light blue glow. The only good thing about the changes is the stars / clouds effects, everything else just ruined one of the best looking lengadaries in this game. I honestly feel like uninstalling this game right now.