New QoL change in last update!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

I browsed through most of the posts and didn’t find anything on it.

I went into Silverwastes last night to do whatever and I went to the vendor to get more keys and extractors and found that the vendor now pulls crests from your bank. I only had 250 bandit crests on me but it showed that I had over 4200 to spend. I haven’t tried it with geodes yet, but I will assume that it is the same.

This is a great change, thank you! No more carrying and swapping them between characters. Just leave them all in the bank. Lets keep it like that for all items that serve as currency from now on.

Posted by: Kiteisa.3189

Kiteisa.3189

Very impressed to see this. Would only add one small change. Have the crests and geodes and other currencies be deposited directly into the wallet so that it doesn’t take bank space.

GOOD JOB ANET!!!! (Thanks for all the awesome stuff you do)

Nottsgman’s Girl ~ Half of the Dynamic Duo

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I hate that they don’t document everything…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Currencies-The-Wallet/page/4#post4635452

On page 1 Colin said that spending from the bank was one of his options for what to do (which I don’t think anyone thought was the best solution). I still want the geodes & crests in my wallet. Currencies should go in the wallet. They should take the amazing suggestions put forth in that thread and make that happen. That would rock.

I guess this is a small step toward fixing the problem of loading us down with too much stuff, but it still doesn’t solve the problem of limited space for an item that is nothing more than a currency.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Very impressed to see this. Would only add one small change. Have the crests and geodes and other currencies be deposited directly into the wallet so that it doesn’t take bank space.

GOOD JOB ANET!!!! (Thanks for all the awesome stuff you do)

Yeah, wallet would be the better place. Especially when we need to keep stacks of stuff.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yeah, it’s all currencies, too, as far as I can tell. I’d prefer that currencies go in the awesome wallet, but it’s certainly an improvement.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I assume (based on what Colin said in that thread) that this is a temporary solution while they work out something better.

Which probably means they went with this one because it was the easiest to implement.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

why expand the wallet when they can $ell you more bank tab in the Gem $tore. ?

next $tep is allowing more than 12 Tab

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Just putting in my two cents as well – I would very much like to see the area specific currencies such as Bandit Crests and Geodes be added to the account wallet.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Or they could’ve never implemented the wallet at all, and sold way more. #notaconspiracy

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Some of us are already at the cap though, and all tabs full

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My bank’s already both maxed and full of stuff. I’m such a pack rat. I had to buy the 3 boot boxes just to clear up bag space for Wintersday goodies; I’m now working on my 4th thousand crests so as to get the trinket and hoping no boots decide to drop during that process. I was going to wait until close to the next patch to give the most chances for things to drop, but had no real option — would have been nice to get them in the wallet!

Still, this is nice in that my alts can drop off crests (if I can make room) and I don’t have to do the extra step of collecting them.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

In addition to Crests, etc….

Tokens such as Zhaitaffy, Fortune Scraps, Candy Corn, Black Lion Claim Tickets, and WvW Tournament Tickets can all be used at the corresponding merchants and taken from the player’s bank.

From the Wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates

It’s a great QoL implementation, for me.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

anymore snuck in?

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

I’d prefer that they stop making more currencies, we have too many already.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

It was a nice change. Putting them in the wallet would be better and I hope they still do that one day, at least with the dedicated currencies like Geodes and Bandit Crests, but in the mean time this helps a little at least. At least now you can just dump them in the bank and spend them on whatever character you want. Mind you, you still need to dump them in the bank in the first place, but at least you don’t have to move them multiple times.