New Release Details! Video!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Tequatl is too far in one direction in terms of difficulty. I’ve done the TTS raids. I have to get there an hour before the overflow fills up, park there. I don’t have to be on TS, but given that it’s mostly TTS members in the overflow, I know they all are.

If they want raid content, put Tequatl in an instance. I like difficulty, but this much coordination for an open world boss is a little silly. I think he could be scaled down quite a bit, still be difficult, but still be done by a regular zerg. Especially given how we knocked Zhaitan out of the sky with technically a group of 5 (no, I don’t count NPC’s) and his lieutenant is busy destroying everyone.

We didn’t knock Zhaitan out of the sky with a group of five. A highly specialized energy beam that was designed with anti-dragon magic was employeed to do this job. That megalaser was designed by the Asurans to do exactly what it did. We didn’t actually do that. The crippling blow was made by a machine that came from one of the Asuran personal stories.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

They’ve already stated that the past year was for polish, with no new massive content releases. They haven’t lied.

Then shouldn’t more of the long standing bugs and issues be gone? And what’s the chance of those things getting fixed now if they are shifting from a polish to content focused development?

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Not impressed by the interview, since he pointed out WvW season 1 as a “success”.

All that did was bring in a mass of fairweathers who checked off boxes on an achievement list, skewed the rankings, and then logged out of WvW to never play it again till offered another shiny carrot. Pretty much an example of how poorly the achievement system in general impacts the game… once the boxes are checked, the content is abandoned in favor of the next set of checkboxes.

It brought the achievement farming mentality to wvw. Don’t flip this camp, we are farming yaks. Don’t upgrade this, we get achievement if we lose it and take it back. We need to lose some keeps so I can destroy walls. etc etc. People not there for WvW, but for a checkbox.

WVW issues were not touched, nothing was done for long term WvW players, and tbh Season 1 was just a blip to be forgotten about.

And what can they do realistically? how can you ever make people care about content rather then reward if all they choose to care are rewards? to avoid the achievement farming mentality all you can do is make the achievements really easy to achieve. Do you think that would solve the problem? cause I am sure all it would do is have people join WvW get all the achievements on day 1 go pursuit the next reward.

This is an attitude problem and nothing anyone can do can change that.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Tequatl is too far in one direction in terms of difficulty. I’ve done the TTS raids. I have to get there an hour before the overflow fills up, park there. I don’t have to be on TS, but given that it’s mostly TTS members in the overflow, I know they all are.

If they want raid content, put Tequatl in an instance. I like difficulty, but this much coordination for an open world boss is a little silly. I think he could be scaled down quite a bit, still be difficult, but still be done by a regular zerg. Especially given how we knocked Zhaitan out of the sky with technically a group of 5 (no, I don’t count NPC’s) and his lieutenant is busy destroying everyone.

We didn’t knock Zhaitan out of the sky with a group of five. A highly specialized energy beam that was designed with anti-dragon magic was employeed to do this job. That megalaser was designed by the Asurans to do exactly what it did. We didn’t actually do that. The crippling blow was made by a machine that came from one of the Asuran personal stories.

You’re arguing semantics. No one felt “heroic” knocking Zhaitan out of the sky. But given how difficult the Tequatl fight is, I guarantee you feel pretty good after a victory.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

You’re arguing semantics. No one felt “heroic” knocking Zhaitan out of the sky. But given how difficult the Tequatl fight is, I guarantee you feel pretty good after a victory.

Why is this a theme? Teq is a standard MMO raid dragon…At no point with the right amount of people have I seen it fail. It’s just more zerg content. You know how I felt the first time I beat the new Teq fight? “Well, that was another boring fight, won’t be bothering with this again on a regular basis.”

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Why is this a theme? Teq is a standard MMO raid dragon…At no point with the right amount of people have I seen it fail. It’s just more zerg content. You know how I felt the first time I beat the new Teq fight? “Well, that was another boring fight, won’t be bothering with this again on a regular basis.”

Zerg content? It’s the zergs that fail. Coordination and taking battle roles (gunners, protect the guns, protect the batteries, etc.) are what win it.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Aeonblade.8709

Zerg content? It’s the zergs that fail. Coordination and taking battle roles (gunners, protect the guns, protect the batteries, etc.) are what win it.

I just…I don’t even see it. I’m sorry.

VOLKON.1290

There are various phases to the battle, right? You can’t just zerg the dragon and win. People need to man the cannons, and others need to be dedicated to protecting them. The laser batteries need to be protected when the mega-laser is charging (the undead try and wipe them out). That requires designated groups moving to their assigned battery then returning as the laser fires. In no way is this a fight you can simply zerg through. The mechanics simply don’t allow that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Aeonblade.8709

There are various phases to the battle, right? You can’t just zerg the dragon and win. People need to man the cannons, and others need to be dedicated to protecting them. The laser batteries need to be protected when the mega-laser is charging (the undead try and wipe them out). That requires designated groups moving to their assigned battery then returning as the laser fires. In no way is this a fight you can simply zerg through. The mechanics simply don’t allow that.

I’m not asking you to explain the fight, I’m asking why that requires any coordination beyond knowing how to play the game and having situational awareness. It’s a really easy fight.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

And what can they do realistically? how can you ever make people care about content rather then reward if all they choose to care are rewards? to avoid the achievement farming mentality all you can do is make the achievements really easy to achieve. Do you think that would solve the problem? cause I am sure all it would do is have people join WvW get all the achievements on day 1 go pursuit the next reward.

This is an attitude problem and nothing anyone can do can change that.

I hope you don’t honestly believe that.

There are more rewards the game can offer than achievements and shiny armor/weapon skins. There are stories and lore that expand the world we play in. There is emotional investment and reward to be had as well. These are why, even within this game, some story arcs and events are more popular than others even when rewards and efforts would suggest it should be otherwise.

It’s also why so many dislike the PS after Trahearne enters at Claw Island. From that point forward, the emotional investment takes a serous dive. The rewards are as good or better as you advance the story, so that would suggest the people would like that part more, but it’s simply not the case.

Rewarding with good stories, emotional investment, and world-expanding lore is hard to do right, and easy to do wrong. But when it’s done right, it’s awesome.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

VOLKON.1290

I’m not asking you to explain the fight, I’m asking why that requires any coordination beyond knowing how to play the game and having situational awareness. It’s a really easy fight.

Because the fight is spread over a large area, outside the awareness range of players, and failing at any phase will fail the fight.

You haven’t done the fight, have you? Explaining the fight should, for most people at least, have answered the question you asked.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

This has to be true, because I beat Tequatl several times a week with the TTS mega-guild. It’s more than just a guild, it’s a guild of guilds. I’m sure that’s who you ran into.

We often have more than one overflow that we take over to beat Tequatl. Anyone can apply and join it as a secondary guild, and just rep at the right times to participate. They just have to go to ttsgamers.com and apply.

Anyone who thinks Tequatl isn’t done isn’t paying attention.

That’s an awful lot of hoops to jump through to beat what’s supposed to be open world content, don’t you think?

PS – The question was rhetorical.

VOLKON.1290

This has to be true, because I beat Tequatl several times a week with the TTS mega-guild. It’s more than just a guild, it’s a guild of guilds. I’m sure that’s who you ran into.

We often have more than one overflow that we take over to beat Tequatl. Anyone can apply and join it as a secondary guild, and just rep at the right times to participate. They just have to go to ttsgamers.com and apply.

Anyone who thinks Tequatl isn’t done isn’t paying attention.

That’s an awful lot of hoops to jump through to beat what’s supposed to be open world content, don’t you think?

PS – The question was rhetorical.

No, not really, when you consider this is more of a replacement for raid bosses than just a basic open world fight. Raids that aren’t coordinated failed. This is bigger. You should fail if not coordinated.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

It dose not matter how hard or easy something is, whether it be a world boss, dungeon or a living story instance, if the overwhelming majority of the playerbase is not playing the added content then that is the definition of failure. Therefore Tequatl 2.0 is a epic failure and i can only hope that these two new world bosses dont go down that same path.

VOLKON.1290

It dose not matter how hard or easy something is, whether it be a world boss, dungeon or a living story instance, if the overwhelming majority of the playerbase is not playing the added content then that is the definition of failure. Therefore Tequatl 2.0 is a epic failure and i can only hope that these two new world bosses dont go down that same path.

Horsepoop. Most people don’t do high level Fractals either, but that hardly makes them a failure. I know for a fact, as a matter of fact, that there were at least three hard-capped groups last night doing Tequatl at reset. That’s hardly a failure. Saying people aren’t doing the content is a flat out fallacy.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

I personally must say I’m disappointed by this start…

Boring Bosses…
A Wurm. just somethign what we already have in the Caledon Forets also now too in the Bloodtide Coast ?
Very innovative…….NOT

Recycled Watch Knight in silver on Marionette Strongs in XXXXXXL super large ??
Seriously… and tons of recycled robotic enemies again which will be all the same, that we know from all of Scarlets invasions which I also hope will stop soon finally as they simply make no sense anymore to occur, once we finally end the Scarlet Arc.

I would have expected something better and when they implement a new World Boss, that it is really something completely new.

Bloodtide Coast is a good place for the patch ,the place has alot of water and could have been used for givign the game more underwater content, like an Underwater World Boss, something cool, like the Kraken for example, which would have been a thousand times better, than just another silly wurm

And instead of lettign us fight again against the same enemies that we already permanently fight against in the invasions, why couldn#t have we seen some kind of collaboration in regard of enemies, that are in those two maps.

The Inquest and the Svanir. Really, Scarlet has already made allieces with thwe Nightmare court, with the Dregde, with the Flame Legion, would be surprised if we would see gettign the Svanir and the Inquest more involved in the Bloodtide Coadt where the Inquest has some kinmd of underwater labs and the Svanir being in Lornars Pass, because those 2 enemies of the pact are so far the only ones, which have collaborated with Scarlet yet in the big style, other races have made alliances with Scarlet in the past already.

Well it’s been said before, and every time it gets deleted and I get an infraction, this is just once again a clear example how there is no creativity left within anet. The fact that every release we see something that has been reused or re-skinned over and over again proves this fact. One could argue for anet saying that because of the release schedule for living story updates this is the reason why we see alot of reused content because there is no time to develop something new on a 2 week basis, but again this is the flaw behind living story updates and the reason why it just doesn’t work.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Horsepoop. Most people don’t do high level Fractals either, but that hardly makes them a failure. I know for a fact, as a matter of fact, that there were at least three hard-capped groups last night doing Tequatl at reset. That’s hardly a failure. Saying people aren’t doing the content is a flat out fallacy.

Wrong. Fractals is different as it is instanced and available to complete at your own pace, PLUS you can do every single fractal at any level so nobody is missing out on the content. If there was an exclusive fractal that only level 50’s could run then it would be different, but there’s not, i believe the only thing that higher fractal players get that lower fractals cant is the infinite tonic.

LOL. Once again someone claiming that because Tequatl is killed at a specific time, on a specific server, most likely in a specific overflow, by a specific guild = successful content. LOL.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Most people don’t do high level fractals, because they lack the skill to do so. I consider that “hardcore” content. Tequatl is also the same way. Most people don’t do Tequatl.

darkace.8925

No, not really, when you consider this is more of a replacement for raid bosses than just a basic open world fight. Raids that aren’t coordinated failed. This is bigger. You should fail if not coordinated.

It’s not a Raid, it’s open world content. The fact that a large section of Sparkfly Fens is dedicated to it and the fact that people doing map completion might have to tiptoe around it means it is without a doubt open world content. It’s not the typical Group Event, true. But it’s still open world content. So I’ll ask again, why should so many hoops be jumped to clear an open world event?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s not a Raid, it’s open world content. The fact that a large section of Sparkfly Fens is dedicated to it and the fact that people doing map completion might have to tiptoe around it means it is without a doubt open world content. It’s not the typical Group Event, true. But it’s still open world content. So I’ll ask again, why should so many hoops be jumped to clear an open world event?

Because not everything should be handed to you on a silver platter?

VOLKON.1290

It’s part of GW2’s alternative content to the raid system of other MMOs. It’s not meant to be something where you walk up to Tequatl, stick a quarter in his butt and he coughs up a loot chest. Instead of instanced raids of other MMOs, we have open world raid type bosses here. If you consider this open world content just like any champion then you’re mistaken… this is open world, true, but it isn’t meant to be the same. It’s more challenging and requires manpower as well as coordination, by design.

#TeamJadeQuarry

darkace.8925

There’s a pretty big gap between “having something handed to you on a silver platter” and “going to specific website and applying to a specific guild, then organizing 80+ people to do an something”, wouldn’t you agree?

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

There’s a pretty big gap between “having something handed to you on a silver platter” and “going to specific website and applying to a specific guild, then organizing 80+ people to do an something”, wouldn’t you agree?

Uh, you don’t have to go to any specific website, you can just show up on the server of choice… And do it….

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Any of the big 3 servers (JQ, BG, TC) run it daily. You just need to show up and listen to map chat. They always succeed and JQ at least runs it 3 times a day sometimes more.

You can literally just stand on the commander pin and spam 1. If you want to be slightly more useful you can stand on the commander pin and spam 1 until phase 2 then follow the zerg and spam 1 at one of the events then repeat.

The only effort required is getting there early enough to get a spot, or knowing someone who can ferry you in.

This isn’t a WoW style raid, the difficulty is minimal now that the strategy has been found. No TS, or classes, or roles, only one position, only 2 phases. It is essentially a silver platter that requires you to get in line a little early before the loot is taken.

However I am not saying that I don’t wish it scaled better. I think it should scale from 20+ people. having the minimum scaling start at 80 is just unfairly punishing smaller servers for no discernible reason.

darkace.8925

However I am not saying that I don’t wish it scaled better. I think it should scale from 20+ people. having the minimum scaling start at 80 is just unfairly punishing smaller servers for no discernible reason.

That’s what I’m getting at. If you’re on a small server (I’m not), I can’t imagine Teq has been anything but an afterthought for the average player since the week he was revamped. A guild of – let’s say 40 – really good players on a small server are, in all likelihood, out of luck unless step outside the scope of the game. That’s all I’m saying.