New chars can't get new hairstyles? Why?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neverender.7581

Neverender.7581

This is just plain stupid. They had so little hairstyle choices in the beginning when they should’ve had a TON more. Then later on, they lock the new hairstyles behind gems. Fantastic choice Anet. I will not be buying a new hairstyle now.

And you would be buying a new hairstyle is it was free? What exactly would you be buying?

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

People are seriously complaining about not getting free hairstyles?

How hard is it to convert gold to gems? You push “O”, select conversion, convert ~13g to 250 gems, get the hairstyle kit, voila.

Serious business apparently.

Did you honestly expect free styles for new characters? What’s next, free backpacks for new characters?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i still have my makeover kit from my 5k chest…

im disappointed that male and female sylvari share their new hairstyles, and that 1 of the charr hairstyles is shared. the rest are unique between male and female.

asura gets a princess leia style, human gets a geisha style (f) and an emokid style (m), norn gets a couple mohawks (m)… personally im not really interested in anything but the exclusive haircolors that were already there.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

i still have my makeover kit from my 5k chest…

im disappointed that male and female sylvari share their new hairstyles, and that 1 of the charr hairstyles is shared. the rest are unique between male and female.

asura gets a princess leia style, human gets a geisha style (f) and an emokid style (m), norn gets a couple mohawks (m)… personally im not really interested in anything but the exclusive haircolors that were already there.

I may actually need to pull my hair style kit out of my bank to check these out (got a blc key from personal story, got the kit from the chest, go me!)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Machiavel.6042

Machiavel.6042

I do not see why it should be given for free at character selection /shrug. Getting mad at this reminds me of the several customers I had who were “disgusted” that we charged extra to hook up their DvD players and other devices to their TV, always stating to us it should be free since it is all related to their television.

I could understand being upset if it was a subscription game, but this isn’t a subscription game.

I think the difference here is that the new hairstyles were probably scraps left on some poor shmuck’s computer and got thrown into the game just for a quick buck.

You have to work when you install these DVD’s, right ?

And, seriously, that would have been a nice thing, to just throw such a simple thing for free, once in a while. I don’t give a rat kitten about the new dungeons, I hate the looks of the new ascended stuff, I never even bothered finishing personal story (I just got sick of it, it’s that bad).

So, just for once, they could do a nice thing. Hairstyles, it’s not the end of the world.

Oh, wait…

They won’t. Guess why ? Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Monnnnnnnnnneeeeeey.

scraps left over?
oh really?
Simple thing for free-
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2925339
that is one of the hairstyles-
you are welcome to do better- for free. Or otherwise

Hey Morrigan, guess what some players were able to do in a few hours on the Sylvari forum ? And…for free !

And, yes, you see it happening a lot in the videogame industry. Ideas or projects that were left out, and that Devs bring back as “new” content when it was there all along.

I posted in that thread on the Sylvari forum- and as brilliant as the player suggestions where-and they were amazing, there is a huge difference between a doodle and finished hair in a game

If you followed the thread you would also know that the result of some of those suggestions are what you see now.

Now imagine if players could do what some of us can do in other games like Skyrim.

Make weapons or even armors from scratch, with the tools provided by the Devs themselves…

I’m not saying with the godly-overpowered some have, but just the looks…

Ah…the day when we’ll finally be able to talk freely with the Devs, this game will be awesome…

-I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it- Edgar Allan Poe

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

You will be charged no matter how you slice it, either subscriptions, cash shop, or new boxes. Instead of discussing how they shouldnt charge money for anything, discuss how they can get money in a way you find more palatable. Also recognize, the high volume sales on desirable items gives money to the whole entire game, to pay for the things they are not charging for.

There are plenty of items in the gemstore that are perfectly fine. Some of us find issue with this particular item, but that doesn’t mean we should have to suggest other items for the gemstore. There are already plenty of them.

Do you think if a year after i drew a picture, someone wanted me to go back and create a new hairstyle, i would do it for free?
Ha ha, no.

If you care about your charachter so much, you should be willing to pay something to alter its appearance.

I’m willing to do so, and I have bought makeover kits in before. I’m sure there are plenty of people with existing characters that are paying to get these new styles on them. So why not offer them with the standard character creation? I already have to pay $10 a pop if I want to make a new character, and now they want even more money for character appearance options.

Charging for hairstyles on new characters is essentially double-dipping on character slots.

wouldnt be the end of the world if they were available on new charachters, however. If i was doing this in a different business model, id probably have incorporated some hairstyles into the game as a progression/world/lore mechanic. IE charachters have to do something/get somewhere/see something to unlock some hair options. So in my world it still wouldnt be available at char creation.

The reason why i say this, is for all intents and purposes, it still wouldnt be available for new chars, even though it wouldnt be tied to money.

Also consider this, every charachter who gets new hairs, will have had to spend the same money no matter when they are created. The guy who made his char a year ago, will have paid the same price as the newbie. In this respect its actually pretty fair to the people who made charachters long ago.

While i would not be mad, if newer charachters got more options just because the games been out longer, its not something i feel has to be a right. after all you get a makeover kit for 5000 achievement points, you get random chances from dailies, and you can spend in game money to get the hairs, (like 15 gold) might seem like a lot, but thats not too different from teir 3 armor prices. These hairs are a prestige item, even if they werent gem store, they probably be from gold or trade

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Still trying to determine how this is so much worse than Anet locking cross campaign looks behind the makeover kit in GW1. People were fine with that…. but suddenly a similar thing here isn’t? At least here, you can convert gold to gems and get it, in GW1 there is no such thing. It’s fork over $10 or gfy….

You do realize that the campaigns were themed based on various cultures?

Yes, I’m aware of that.

My point was that you could not create a new character, and from the creation screen select a tyrian hair style with a canthan face with an elonian skin color. You can do exactly this with the makeover kit, and only thru the makeover kit. It’s the same general premise.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Did you honestly expect free styles for new characters?

Considering that a new character already costs me $10 (or over 40g), yeah, I do.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

They don’t call it the Ca$h $hop for nothing. And at a rate of 1g = 18gems, what a steal.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Goodness people. If they put them in at character creation you’d still be whining & complaining….What about my existing lvl 80 characters, newbies get these styles for free and I have to buy makeover kits. Whaaaah.

Another case of ANET can’t win. I love the new hairstyles and I’m fine with them where they are. It is a cosmetic change. Go play the game and quit complaining about every little thing!

phys.7689

Considering that a new character already costs me $10 (or over 40g), yeah, I do.

new charachters are part of in game purchase up to 5 of them. Like i said, why should new charachters made today get more options for free than new charachters made the day before?

Like i said, i wouldnt mind if new charachters did get more options, but its not really more fair/just/righteous that they do. In fact its less fair to every pre existing charachter.

phys.7689

They don’t call it the Ca$h $hop for nothing. And at a rate of 1g = 18gems, what a steal.

cash shop value is determined primarily by the demand of the players. Essentially players right now want cash shop items, so gems are more valuable. Prices would be this bad or worse if it was an ingame drop or in game materials were needed. Its really just an economy issue.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Aaah the ever expanding options that Anet gives us….(devil voice) through the gem store MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

You don’t need to purchase a new character. You choose to do it. Want those NEW hairstyles? then you need to CHOOSE to purchase them.

New is new. You pay for new things. Not a hard concept.

Either pony up the RL money or spend gold in-game, either way it’s not a hard decision to make.

Machiavel.6042

You don’t need to purchase a new character. You choose to do it. Want those NEW hairstyles? then you need to CHOOSE to purchase them.

New is new. You pay for new things. Not a hard concept.

Either pony up the RL money or spend gold in-game, either way it’s not a hard decision to make.

See there’s a difference.

Why should I pay for a haircut (hairstyle if you prefer) when there’s some available already ? Now don’t get me started on “they have to make some cash” because the perfect answer will be “what about the new hairstyles we had before ? Like the Norn male ones ? Why didn’t we paid then ?” Oh, they just feel like it… that’s nice. I guess.

There’s also a difference between paying for, say, an infinite tool (which is both a skin and something useful), and a haircut that doesn’t change anything except clipping with your armor (because I can bet my kitten that clipping is going to be horrible).

So let’s start paying for stuff that isn’t necessary for gameplay !

Pay with gems for TP ! You know, everyone can walk, right ? Not fast enough ? Well…you have the choice, don’t you now ?

Pay with gems for Living Story item skins ! It’s just a skin, isn’kitten

Pay with gems for new armors ! Skins again !

Pay with gems for weapons ! Skins skins skins ! Shiny skin !

This game is looking more and more like what EA does with it’s games. Pay, for, every, kitten , thing.

It sucks.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Just bought $100 worth of Gems. Why? Because I can, and have disposable income. Thanks ANet for something to spend it on. Disregard the QQ’ers.

I always have to laugh seeing this sort of reactions. Telling how much the spend on gems like if they want to show how much money they have and suggesting that people not buying gems don’t have money.. a little like the Apple fan club and there Apple stuff (that take a loan for there phone but don’t even know they do). I always think those people that spend a lot of money on gems do not have a lot of money because they clearly can’t handle money.

Trust me. the fact that you don’t buy gems don’t mean you don’t have money. I have not spend a dime and on gems and what am I asking for? Expansion because I am willing to spend my money on that.

To bad you are ruining the game this way.

Posted by: Miz.2761

Miz.2761

They also removed trait respec from the tomes when they added the gem store edition. Gotta get dem shekels.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

If there is to be a cashshop, this is what it should be. Cosmetic luxuries. Skins, hairstyles, minis, and other in game luxuries like bank slots, inventory slots, additonal character slots…..thats what should be in there. Its absolutely nothing you need in any way to play the game. Noone can gain any advantage from cashshop use.
And there’s going to be a cashshop no matter what. Even if they did pay expansions, the cashshop will remain. Anyone who thinks they’d introduce expansion with a fee and drop the cashshop entirely is kidding themselves.
Its there to stay and a mainstay in a vast majority of MMO’s. What you would prefer in it? Being able to buy endgame gear? Lets just put Ascended and Legendaries directly in the cashshop. Fractal backpieces too.

Saying the cashshop stuff isn’t available in game isn’t true either. I have the new hairstyles free twice from free makeover kits. You can also farm and exchange in-game currency for gems.
Willing to farm exotics via whatever method or Ascended or Legendaries or Ap’s every couple weeks, but farming a few gold to buy this is too much?

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

This is a perfect example of an entitlement thread.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

If there is to be a cashshop, this is what it should be. Cosmetic luxuries. Skins, hairstyles, minis, and other in game luxuries like bank slots, inventory slots, additonal character slots…..thats what should be in there. Its absolutely nothing you need in any way to play the game. Noone can gain any advantage from cashshop use.
And there’s going to be a cashshop no matter what. Even if they did pay expansions, the cashshop will remain. Anyone who thinks they’d introduce expansion with a fee and drop the cashshop entirely is kidding themselves.
Its there to stay and a mainstay in a vast majority of MMO’s. What you would prefer in it? Being able to buy endgame gear? Lets just put Ascended and Legendaries directly in the cashshop. Fractal backpieces too.

Saying the cashshop stuff isn’t available in game isn’t true either. I have the new hairstyles free twice from free makeover kits. You can also farm and exchange in-game currency for gems.
Willing to farm exotics via whatever method or Ascended or Legendaries or Ap’s every couple weeks, but farming a few gold to buy this is too much?

I’m honestly surprised that the complainers are surprised that there is a cash shop in game.

It’s as if they are patiently waiting the day when Anet announces that they are not going to be continuing with the gem shop. I really wonder what their expectations are.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

This is the problem with the cash shop, living story, no expansion model.

Perhaps, down the road when they’ve exhausted people willing to buy gems to get a lot of this stuff someone at ANet will look around at a year’s worth of assets no longer making any money and figure out how to bundle it into an xpac for a reasonable price. Then the rest of us can just plunk down a tidy sum to get access to the last year’s worth of goodies without having to participate in the nickle and diming.

Posted by: Saraneth.6021

Saraneth.6021

gold to gems

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

The game doesn’t have a monthly sub because it has a cash shop.

This isn’t greed. This is an MMO making money through one of the two common avenues that MMO’s make money from; a cash shop or a subscription fee.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

To be fair to people who are reacting, the way this is implemented does force you to pay for something you don’t necessarily need to get access to new content.

Someone looking to get change their character’s look gets the new hairstyles free along with the change. Someone looking to get the new hairstyles for a new character is paying for a makeover they don’t actually need.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

It would be nice if the new colors and hairstyles were available in character creation, but I didn’t expect them to be, since I’ve learned that the business motif nowadays is to put all cosmetic options in the gemstore.

And yes I would rather pay a sub fee every month if it means I’d have all the gemstore stuff added to the game for free. I like my nicknacks but at the current gold to gem ratio I will not buy them.

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

They soon will add Special hair coupons (more expensive) for special hair styles

and then they will add RNG hair coupon (has a chance of getting rare hair styles)

just like other free to play MMO.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

This is the problem with the cash shop, living story, no expansion model.

Perhaps, down the road when they’ve exhausted people willing to buy gems to get a lot of this stuff someone at ANet will look around at a year’s worth of assets no longer making any money and figure out how to bundle it into an xpac for a reasonable price. Then the rest of us can just plunk down a tidy sum to get access to the last year’s worth of goodies without having to participate in the nickle and diming.

This isn’t true. There are MMOs with cashshops that have expansions. This is strictly Anets decision, not of the cashshop model.
They could just as easily stop living story and give us a free expansion every six months with the cashshop income. You can’t claim the cashshop model is the reason why we don’t get expansions when its only because its anets choice to not.
They could also continue on their current model and still put up a pay expansion for yet more income.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

If new characters got the new hairstyles at creation then people would complain about how their older characters have to purchase them.

It would be nice if they could just release account bound unlocks for stuff like this though. In CoH, all the costume packs would be unlocked for all your old and new characters. Of course that was a subbed game, so it probably didn’t matter as much. You also couldn’t use gold to buy them :P

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

Disappointing. Not just in the gating of basic customisation options behind store purchases, but also promoting these options without communicating that they would require purchases.

mrstealth.6701

If new characters got the new hairstyles at creation then people would complain about how their older characters have to purchase them

It’s not really much different than adding new armor stats or styles, the former of which happened only a few weeks ago. I know a good number of people wanted the dire stat combo, but had to settle for other options because it didn’t exist. New characters get that as an option before they spent money (a lot more money than a makeover/hairstyle, too) on a less desirable stat. I don’t think there were a large amount of complaints from players that could now replace their existing gear with a better/more suitable stat.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I do not see why it should be given for free at character selection /shrug. Getting mad at this reminds me of the several customers I had who were “disgusted” that we charged extra to hook up their DvD players and other devices to their TV, always stating to us it should be free since it is all related to their television.

I could understand being upset if it was a subscription game, but this isn’t a subscription game.

I think the difference here is that the new hairstyles were probably scraps left on some poor shmuck’s computer and got thrown into the game just for a quick buck.

And, seriously, that would have been a nice thing, to just throw such a simple thing for free, once in a while. I don’t give a rat kitten about the new dungeons, I hate the looks of the new ascended stuff, I never even bothered finishing personal story (I just got sick of it, it’s that bad).

So, just for once, they could do a nice thing. Hairstyles, it’s not the end of the world.

Oh, wait…

Is that why they are giving living story content every 2 weeks without charging me to play it? because of Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeey?

Yes. Are you daft. It’s all about money. It’s to get people to log in more often. The more you are on, the more you are likely to spend money.

Something nice. Hah you are a funny person.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

If new characters got the new hairstyles at creation then people would complain about how their older characters have to purchase them

It’s not really much different than adding new armor stats or styles, the former of which happened only a few weeks ago. I know a good number of people wanted the dire stat combo, but had to settle for other options because it didn’t exist. New characters get that as an option before they spent money (a lot more money than a makeover/hairstyle, too) on a less desirable stat. I don’t think there were a large amount of complaints from players that could now replace their existing gear with a better/more suitable stat.

New characters don’t get new armor styles or stats when they’re created though. Also older characters can still get those using gold or such, just like the new hair styles.

Of course that part you quoted was mainly just me talking about the forums. What I actually would like was in the second part :P

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

GW2 is the only non-subscription MMO I have every played in my life where players are complaining that they have to pay for cosmetics. Selling these things is the entire reason cash shops exist, and the entire reason a non-subscription game can afford to pump out mini updates every two weeks. It’s a very fair business model that even gives non-paying customers an option to get paid content. No other MMO has a payment model anywhere near as generous as GW2. Suddenly, adding the option to get new hairstyles for 3$ or maybe an hour of frostgorge farming makes them evil and greedy? I honestly don’t even know how to respond to this, you people are absolutely astounding.

dragonbrand—

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

Cosmetic-only content that you have the option of spending in-game currency to acquire causes outrage.

I swear you guys are sheltered from every other MMO on the market, because you obviously aren’t aware of how good you actually have it.

Machiavel.6042

Oh, wait…

Is that why they are giving living story content every 2 weeks without charging me to play it? because of Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeey?

Yes. Are you daft. It’s all about money. It’s to get people to log in more often. The more you are on, the more you are likely to spend money.

Something nice. Hah you are a funny person.

Well, like I said before, Anet is just going down the “EA route” too. Pay for every little aspect of the game.

Wait, I’ve got it…

Everyone, look out for it !

Living Story…with gems. Want the next part ? Pay gems ! You don’t have to, but you can. It’s a choice you make !

I am such a genius… >: D

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Possibly because on this planet, when people do work they expect compensation.

The hair style kits are comparatively cheap. If you like the new do’s show your appreciation for a service being rendered.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Imo if new characters/account holders could get these new hairstyles for free, then all the people who have been playing since launch would be complaining about that. It puts ANet in a lose lose situation. I think they handled it right. No free new hairstyles for brand new characters/accounts. Everyone has to pay (except the people who get a free hairstyle kit from the 5k achieve chest, which is eventually available to everyone).

mrstealth.6701

GW2 is the only non-subscription MMO I have every played in my life where players are complaining that they have to pay for cosmetics.

The only complaints I’m seeing here are about one specific aspect of one cosmetic update. I don’t have any issues with older characters having to pay for a makeover/hairstyle kit to get these new hairstyles. If I like one of the new styles enough, I’ll buy a kit to get it. I just think that cosmetic updates to aspects of the game that are part of the character creation process should be included for new characters.

Tamaki Revolution.3548

New characters don’t get new armor styles or stats when they’re created though. Also older characters can still get those using gold or such, just like the new hair styles.

New characters didn’t have to spend 30g, or however much, on a set of gear that a new stat combo made obsolete for them. It’s a general understanding that older characters might have to replace existing items as new items are released into an ever-changing game, while newer characters get the benefit of going directly into the new items instead of replacing existing gear. Later on, those now new characters will be in the same situation when even more new items are added.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Seriously, they need to earn somewhere and that’s the best add we had in months. They will have my money support for this.
OP…the company won’t pay bills with your charming new characters you know?

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They should have let ascended mats make ascended hairstyles too. I wouldn’t mind that at all. :p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

mrstealth.6701

Seriously, they need to earn somewhere and that’s the best add we had in months. They will have my money support for this.
OP…the company won’t pay bills with your charming new characters you know?

The first thing I saw when I logged in today were several level 80s standing around with new hairstyles. They are making money off of this from existing characters changing to the new styles.

Machiavel.6042

Imo if new characters/account holders could get these new hairstyles for free, then all the people who have been playing since launch would be complaining about that. It puts ANet in a lose lose situation. I think they handled it right. No free new hairstyles for brand new characters/accounts. Everyone has to pay (except the people who get a free hairstyle kit from the 5k achieve chest, which is eventually available to everyone).

They did it before, and they’re not bankrupt right now…

But now you want to tell me that “they’ll lose a lot of money” by doing it ?

Guess they’re stupid as kitten. Must explain a lot then…

Astral Projections.7320

Where did I say, “they’ll lose a lot of money”. Quote me please. DON’T put words down I didn’t say.

what I SAID is that if they gave them away free to new people then the old accounts would complain about that.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Cosmetic-only content that you have the option of spending in-game currency to acquire causes outrage.

I swear you guys are sheltered from every other MMO on the market, because you obviously aren’t aware of how good you actually have it.

1000 times this^

Of all the things to complain about, you’re complaining about a fluff item that anyone can purchase at any time, IF THEY SO CHOOSE.

If you think this is truly that bad, go try another “free” game for a while and see what a real cash shop is like.

Level 80 Elementalist

Teege.4623

the first thing I saw when I logged in today were several level 80s standing around with new hairstyles. They are making money off of this from existing characters changing to the new styles.

Some of those characters look worse now, but yes they did make money off of them regardless.

On the bright side, you can now make a Braham, an Elvis Charr or if you’re a Human male, a drag queen. I think the possibilities are endless.

mrstealth.6701

Some of those characters look worse now, but yes they did make money off of them regardless.

Looks are subjective, and I assume that those people like their characters as they are now. I’ve seen at least one new style that I kind of like, so I might end up getting a kit to change one of my characters.

Teege.4623

Exactly. I like one of the female Asuran styles but not enough to create one for it.

Machiavel.6042

Where did I say, “they’ll lose a lot of money”. Quote me please. DON’T put words down I didn’t say.

what I SAID is that if they gave them away free to new people then the old accounts would complain about that.

OOOOooooohhh…want to play it that way, uh ? First, you’re not saying anything, you’re TYPING stuff. Second, let’s use some logic for a second here.

“Everyone has to pay”

Ok, now what happen when someone doesn’t pay you ? Think…and write it down.

Sure the people playing since lauch will complain, they always did about everything ! Why’s that ? ‘cause we’re all playing (well I should say YOU ALL ARE) the same game and we (you all) would like to be something made correctly, right ?

P.S.

I should add that the 5k chest isn’t something A LOT OF PEOPLE have. I played since beta, and I barely have more than 2,7k points. Don’t assume EVERYONE got it.

mrstealth.6701

And instead we have new accounts, or old accounts making new characters, complaining about it. The only way to make everyone happy is to make them free for everyone, which doesn’t make them any money at all. The option they did go with ends up double-dipping on character slot purchases, and to new accounts to a lesser degree. A new player to the game might be a bit disappointed to find that a hairstyle they had no option of selecting during character selection is stuck on a cash shop option.

That type of option might be expected in other non-subscription MMOs, but most of those games don’t require an upfront $50 purchase.

Astral Projections.7320

OOOOooooohhh…want to play it that way, uh ? First, you’re not saying anything, you’re TYPING stuff. Second, let’s use some logic for a second here.

“Everyone has to pay”

Ok, now what happen when someone doesn’t pay you ? Think…and write it down.

Sure the people playing since lauch will complain, they always did about everything ! Why’s that ? ‘cause we’re all playing (well I should say YOU ALL ARE) the same game and we (you all) would like to be something made correctly, right ?

P.S.

I should add that the 5k chest isn’t something A LOT OF PEOPLE have. I played since beta, and I barely have more than 2,7k points. Don’t assume EVERYONE got it.

Again I didn’t type (since you are going to be weird about the word say) that everyone has the 5k chest. I typed that everyone will eventually get one.

ANet is a company. Their reason for existing is to make money which they do by selling an entertainment product. If they gave free new hair styles to new characters only then the old accounts would be massively complaining about that. And in case you didn’t know you can get these for free a couple of ways. Through exchanging gold to gems or for waiting for the 5k chest. People can do that and ANet won’t make a dime off these hair kits.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)