New items in the Mystic Forge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Any chance of bringing the molten jackpack back in the forge (or somewhere else) somehow? Pretty please?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Please tell me, you have also added the Invisible Boots …

Why did you have to teach me these were a thing? They’re not even for all armor classes. I don’t have 7k gold for this.

There are invisible feet for all weights. Type “invis” into your wardrobe search at the bank. They just drop so incredibly rarely from treasure mushrooms that they sell obscenely high. I think that should be fixed, myself, no matter how much screaming there’ll be from people hoarding them or people who spent the high amount of gold to get a pair. … though if a pair dropped for me while I could sell it that high and then buy a permanent hair kit, I wouldn’t complain … >.>

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

SMH another case of the vocal minority QQ and Anet folds. At this rate this time next year I should be able to get the Raid skins for Karma.

Seems like listening to vocal minority got us raids and a messed up expansion that just started getting fixed.

^^ THANK YOU!

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

Do we have a list of skins and weapons that are newly available yet for the mystic forge?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Not yet. I’d like to think we’d get more than a couple of the old Halloween skins, cool as they are.

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Please tell me, you have also added the Invisible Boots …

Why did you have to teach me these were a thing? They’re not even for all armor classes. I don’t have 7k gold for this.

There are invisible feet for all weights. Type “invis” into your wardrobe search at the bank. They just drop so incredibly rarely from treasure mushrooms that they sell obscenely high. I think that should be fixed, myself, no matter how much screaming there’ll be from people hoarding them or people who spent the high amount of gold to get a pair. … though if a pair dropped for me while I could sell it that high and then buy a permanent hair kit, I wouldn’t complain … >.>

I still think, there might me a trick aside from just bad RNG …

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Can we at least get a full update table for this stuff?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

But it was clear they was going to be special rare skins

Nope, wasn’t clear at all. After first halloween, most people expected them to keep returning every year. Before each next event lot of people were certain it was going to happen then. Basically, it was certain to anyone that was paying attention that their artificial rarity will not hold.

Actually it WAS very clear… In the last 5 days of the original Halloween event a banner was put on the Gem store that read “Only X days left to get these limited Halloween skins before they are gone FOREVER

Had I know there would have been this many whiny people year after year I would have screen shot it…

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

2012 halloween skin prestige ruined. bravo anet, another unique item sullied.
and to those saying “it was never guaranteed not to return” actually anet said long ago that they weren’t brining them back because they didnt fit the theme of the game,
no i don’t have a source because it was so long ago, but i guess we shouldn’t be surprised with Anet changing their direction like the wind.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

2012 halloween skin prestige ruined. bravo anet, another unique item sullied.
and to those saying “it was never guaranteed not to return” actually anet said long ago that they weren’t brining them back because they didnt fit the theme of the game,
no i don’t have a source because it was so long ago, but i guess we shouldn’t be surprised with Anet changing their direction like the wind.

I have a hard time seeing RNG gem store purchases as “prestige” items.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

they were unobtainable, very few in circulation, making them some of the rarest items in the game, and they were valued far higher than the dime-a-dozen “legendaries”.
how is that not prestigious?

now they’re the outcome of mixing a bunch of cheap common items…
its like taking a steaming dump on the mona lisa.

RoseofGilead.8907

they were unobtainable, very few in circulation, making them some of the rarest items in the game, and they were valued far higher than the dime-a-dozen “legendaries”.

How is it prestigious? Having one of the skins isn’t really anything special, nor does it inspire honor or respect. All a person had to do to get it before was either get lucky with RNG back at the first Halloween, buy it for a ridiculous amount of gold, or get luck with RNG at Halloween 2014. Now, people have a chance to get them again, once again by RNG.

The Mona Lisa is an exceptional piece of art that someone actually put many, many hours of painstaking work into. Someone taking a dump on that would be far worse than Anet making an old gem store item more easily available again.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Great work, everybody is happier except a few elitists. Who cares about them? Not me!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Lhos.1643

Lhos.1643

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scarlet's_Veil_Skin

Any chance this could brought back in some way? Preferably in the gem shop since the Scarlet’s shoulder and glove skins are available for sale on occasion.

There’s something charming about rangers.

RoseofGilead.8907

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scarlet's_Veil_Skin

Any chance this could brought back in some way? Preferably in the gem shop since the Scarlet’s shoulder and glove skins are available for sale on occasion.

Well, the shoulders and gloves were always a gem store item. The veil was a meta achievement reward, though. If they did ever bring it back, it’d probably be to the laurel vendor.

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Investing in the real world carries risks as well… the value of commodities can and does crash on occasion. It’s not free money.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Why make these part of the slot machine on rares if they aren’t in the loot tables to begin with?

You have recipes for exclusive skins already in the Mystic Forge. Why punish people who want the old skins, forcing them to gamble? What is the gain in that?

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: Cain.6408

Cain.6408

Yeah, I get that everyone wants every skin. Good for you. But some of us have worked for months to buy particular skins only to have them become dime a dozen. Do we all work for rare items like this? No. But for those that get their enjoyment out of collecting rare skins, this is a complete slap in the face. And while it might revitalize the MF for a short while, it completely dis-incentivizes players from buying gold from anet with real money because anet can and will de-value it dramatically. After spending greater than1K, that took months to accumulate, on Xanthium, i’m very unhappy with anet.

(edited by Cain.6408)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Nobody is forcing anyone to gamble. But if you were flushing rares for a precursor, here’s something that’s also valuable other than yet another 2 g exotic.

It’s increasing supply which is increasing supply and driving down the price of the skin on the TP. It actually may be cheaper off the TP than the number of pulls you would need to do on the MF to get one.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Read all the replies but have seen no recipes. How many orphan skins do you need and where do you obtain them? I know there is an orphanage in my home instance but have seen no butcher shoppe or Taxidermists. Please more information.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Posted by: Catastrophe.2407

Catastrophe.2407

So, are these items still available in the forge or were they taken away again?

Posted by: ratcoress.4792

ratcoress.4792

Hi! Mr. Andrew can we get a general list of all the items that has been added in the mystic forge?

Sariel V.7024

Yeah, I get that everyone wants every skin. Good for you. But some of us have worked for months to buy particular skins only to have them become dime a dozen. Do we all work for rare items like this? No. But for those that get their enjoyment out of collecting rare skins, this is a complete slap in the face.

takes a drink

Sariel V.7024

Hi! Mr. Andrew can we get a general list of all the items that has been added in the mystic forge?

From what he implied, only the Halloween items were added; the rest of whatever were precluded.

There have been no reports of these things since the first day. The Halloween items may have been removed.

Posted by: Lil Frightmare.5384

Lil Frightmare.5384

seriously though….what are the orphan skins?!

Sariel V.7024

you’ll need to be more specific.

Sariel V.7024

If you mean weapons from LS1, I can think of one or two ….

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

To all those that are mad about this, it’s clear that what you care about isn’t the skin itself but how rare the skin is. If that’s the case, there are plenty of items that are no longer available. Transmutation Stones, Found Heirlooms, Portal to the Heart of Maguuma, Fortune Scrap, Endless Common Clothing Tonics…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Ooooo…I have all those things in the bank. I must be special! Lol. (Or just a hoarder.) =P

Sariel V.7024

To all those that are mad about this, it’s clear that what you care about isn’t the skin itself but how rare the skin is. If that’s the case, there are plenty of items that are no longer available. Transmutation Stones, Found Heirlooms, Portal to the Heart of Maguuma, Fortune Scrap, Endless Common Clothing Tonics…

likewise I figure most players are salivating over the prospect of hitting paydirt with one of these items rather that using it themselves, so it kindof balances out.

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

Do they have to be lvl 80 (or close to 80) rares or and they be any lvl rare weapons?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do they have to be lvl 80 (or close to 80) rares or and they be any lvl rare weapons?

I believe they need to average L75 or better, and any 4 weapons will guarantee to output a weapon.

I don’t believe the ‘special items’ are still in the loot rolls, though. Certainly haven’t heard much about anyone getting them, anymore. /shrug

Good luck.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

is this a thing yet? or is it still for a future update?

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

This still works right?

SAB or RIOT