New legendary skins?

New legendary skins?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Hey guys.

I’ve been playing since beta and I main necromancer most of the time. My question is if there are an ETA of new legendary weapons or not.

I know they are starting to work on the Scavenger Hunt of precursors but we really need new legendary skins. At this moment, I’ve discovered how funny is WvW but if I hadn’t like it, I would have left the game some time ago because I don’t have a legendary to play for. The only legendary weapon with more necro style is the Axe and since it sucks hard (is the worst weapon we have), I don’t have any interest on getting a legendary.

~ The light of a new day

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

While new legendarys would be nice, I highly hope they are prioritizing their resources elsewhere. I don’t think we need new weapon skins while a new set is being released every month.

I would much rather see new armor skins.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

New legendary skins?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So if they put in a legendary that is more necro-like, it will alienate all of the other classes capable of wielding that weapon.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

New legendary skins?

cesmode.4257

Dont get me wrong, Im all for new skins. I think skins are the bread and butter of this game, at least they should be. But I don’t agree with your reason.

Do you think my thief would want to shoot unicorns out of his shortbow, with free advertising for arenanet(logo stamped on his butt)? Probably not. This is assuming I ever get my precursor for it.

But its still a good weapon/idea.

New legendary skins?

cesmode.4257

I agree with new armor skins. And enough of this RNG crap from boxes. If they continue down the path where the only way to get new and unique skins = RNG and gem store, bye bye!

I dont mind spending in the gem store, but if its all rng and gem store, no you aren’t earning my coin.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

I think more legendary skins is a good idea, so long as the total number of precursors dropped remains the same. Ie. forging greatswords has the same chance to get a precursor as before but the chance is split between the new and old precursors. Or to get from the new scavenger hunt thing whenever it happens.

This would address two problems:
1. Would retain the rarity of the current legendary tier and prevent the “everyone has a Twilight” syndrome, as new ones are being found/made every day. Legendaries should stay legendary, or few people will hunt for them

2. So long as the new legendaries are as desirable as the old ones, would hopefully not cause the old precursors to skyrocket out of control.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Several of the legendary skins are already designed for one class in particular.
The Pistol is clearly meant for the mesmer, shield for guardian, rifle for warrior., horn for hunter.
Then you have a few that are for 12 y/o girls, with all the flowers, rainbows and unicorns.

I can understand you wanting one that fits your character, as an engineer main, not only does the class not have a fitting legendary but if I was to waste the time and resources getting one. I wouldn’t even see it most of the time due to kits.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Personally I think they should have 2 or 3 Legendary skins for every weapon – one cute/silly and one darker/more mature.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

New legendary skins?

Marxo.3829

I’d argue that the rifle is pretty engi-like. Of course, engis spend a lot of time using kits instead of a weapon.

A fix would be to allow the legendary effects to carry over to kits.. but of course that is work and I somehow doubt legendary-toting engis form enough of a percentage of the player-base to make it a high priority, sadly.

(edited by Marxo.3829)

New legendary skins?

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

i assume that the people posting here have multiple legendaries and are bored of them so they want new legendary skins.

New legendary skins?

Marxo.3829

i assume that the people posting here have multiple legendaries and are bored of them so they want new legendary skins.

Legendary content isn’t just for people who have them, it’s also for anyone who is hunting them which is actually a large portion of the player base.

(edited by Marxo.3829)

New legendary skins?

cesmode.4257

Several of the legendary skins are already designed for one class in particular.
The Pistol is clearly meant for the mesmer, shield for guardian, rifle for warrior., horn for hunter.
Then you have a few that are for 12 y/o girls, with all the flowers, rainbows and unicorns.

I can understand you wanting one that fits your character, as an engineer main, not only does the class not have a fitting legendary but if I was to waste the time and resources getting one. I wouldn’t even see it most of the time due to kits.

Your post is baseless an asinine.

The horn is made for the hunter? Uh, it would work splendidly with the necromancer. Shield would work just fine with a warrior. ??? Your opinion I suppose, but I think it is hilarious.

And the bows, Im assuming youre referring to regarding flowers and unicorns, are for 12 year olds? Again, wtf? Seriously? What about a female that plays this game that wants a unicorn or thinks the flowers from Kudzo(sp) are pretty..go for it. Personally I think the longbow legendary is nice, and Im a dude. I am going after the legendary shortbow for my thief because I use a shortbow in any build and weapon set, and while some might think flying unicorns is …I’ll leave the next word/adjective to you, but I think it is kind of cool. I agree, a little goofy, but pretty unique if you ask me. I dont want to get the pistol because I don’t use the pistol in every build, same with dagger.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I’d say that if new Legendary weapons were to be released, it should be based on players’ designs from contests. In GW1, there were occasional Design-a-Weapon contests and winning entries were then implemented into the game. I could probably see that coming back into GW2, and it would be a really cool way to incorporate player-generated content.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

The horn is made for the hunter? Uh, it would work splendidly with the necromancer. Shield would work just fine with a warrior. ??? Your opinion I suppose, but I think it is hilarious.

And the bows, Im assuming youre referring to regarding flowers and unicorns, are for 12 year olds? Again, wtf? Seriously? What about a female that plays this game that wants a unicorn or thinks the flowers from Kudzo(sp) are pretty..go for it. Personally I think the longbow legendary is nice, and Im a dude. I am going after the legendary shortbow for my thief because I use a shortbow in any build and weapon set, and while some might think flying unicorns is …I’ll leave the next word/adjective to you, but I think it is kind of cool. I agree, a little goofy, but pretty unique if you ask me. I dont want to get the pistol because I don’t use the pistol in every build, same with dagger.

It’s fine and dandy that you think it’s unique. I don’t judge people for playing on the same team. I think what that guy and many of us want are weapons that are a bit more mature themed. Or at least, not goofy enough to have others question our sexuality

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’m cool with new additions as long as the call for more ‘mature’ stuff isn’t actually a call for an influx of flaming skulls vomiting acid blood and the like everywhere…

Though I know they’ll go their own direction, an idea of the types of things I’d like to see are:
Bow (either type) –
Ginrei Kojaku (bow materializes in front of hand when wielded and dissipates when stowed):
http://i.imgur.com/syKdZIy.jpg

Pistol:
Captain Harlock’s Gravity saber (might require new animations to wield though so it doesn’t look stupid. Could possibly work as a rifle instead. Fires laser bolts):
http://i.imgur.com/JlXUvf2.jpg
Cosmo Dragoon (Fires laser bolts):
http://i.imgur.com/f51eurG.jpg
Twilight Bracelet (Effects appear on skill activation and rotate around while active. Helical projectiles fire from fist or palm):
http://i.imgur.com/7YFmscy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WcxeEYG.jpg

Rifle
Bringer’s Rifle (Phantasy Star Online):
http://i.imgur.com/48x1FUk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a1Od1cT.jpg

Greatsword -
Ragnablade ( Pure energy. Emanates from within fists when wielded and moves chaotically, growing and shrinking.):
http://i.imgur.com/F6dGBL7.jpg

Sword -
Delsaber’s Buster (Glows softly and has a translucent blade):
http://i.imgur.com/njXPZW5.jpg
Lavis Cannon (Can fire energy bolts when swung):
http://i.imgur.com/cbn0Hma.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yJR77Dl.jpg

PSO honestly has lot of awesome stuff to take inspiration from. Though when those items are distilled down to nothing but skins, they do lose a lot of their charm ::shakes fist at PSU and PSO2::… :-(

But basically, keep it diverse and interesting and don’t just go grimdark, but glowy…

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

(edited by Dark Saviour.9410)

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Yeah new armor skins are way more important tbh, both in-game acquisition & gem shop.

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

I wish a legendary weapon had the ability to remember any skin you transferred into it, and that you could name it ^^;. That would make it much more personal and legendary, in my opinion.

New legendary skins?

cesmode.4257

It’s fine and dandy that you think it’s unique. I don’t judge people for playing on the same team. I think what that guy and many of us want are weapons that are a bit more mature themed. Or at least, not goofy enough to have others question our sexuality

If a digital skin in a video game makes you question your sexuality, then you have more problems than a lack of legendary skins.

And for the record, Im happily married to my wife of 4 years with a daughter. Im a guy comfortable in his own skin, that has no problem shooting unicorns

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ok, I’ll explain my original post a bit so you won’t get confused about it.

I meant I want necro legendary weapons specifically, yes. But that doesn’t mean that they should only make those, they need to make more choices in general. Currently, we don’t have option to choose which legendary skin we like more, if you want staff, you get the Bifrost or go away. That’s what sucks.

I hope it’s more clear now: more legendary weapon choices for everyone in general

~ The light of a new day

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

A lot of us are holding our mats eagerly awaiting the release of new more serious legendaries, I know that. They should have the kiddy weapons like a lot of them are now, but some real ones for those of us who want a legendary that makes us proud, not giggle like a 4 year old. Choices are good, no reason to not have real legendaries on top of the goofy ones!

But basically, keep it diverse and interesting and don’t just go grimdark, but glowy…

I agree with this, but I dunno about the super futuristic energy weapons you posted heh, looks more like star wars stuff and kinda over the top.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

New legendary skins?

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Engineers could use some legendary love soon, maybe a legendary kit/pack or something. The developers have acknowledged this on the forums already but also said it is not a high priority.