New massive gold sink?

New massive gold sink?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

So now every time we waypoint to an area where any events are occurring, our gold is taken, but we don’t go there. We go somewhere we did not want to go.
This is worse than having most of the waypoints show uncontested, even when they aren’t.
I’m concerned that a lot of players will look at this as simple robbery?

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

This is definitely MASSIVE

Vote for Kiel again to counter this!

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

How?

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I may have to unsubscribe. TrashNet strikes again.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Oh no, what will I do without my 2 silver!?

(Is it 2 silver actually? I’ve never payed attention because of how insignificant it is)

New massive gold sink?

Boneheart.3561

(Is it 2 silver actually? I’ve never payed attention because of how insignificant it is)

If you round up to the nearest silver, yes. The playerbase will go bankrupt overnight.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

So now every time we waypoint to an area where any events are occurring, our gold is taken, but we don’t go there. We go somewhere we did not want to go.
This is worse than having most of the waypoints show uncontested, even when they aren’t.

This system of being re-directed to a different WP when it’s contested has always been there since August 2012.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Goodness! The playerbase (on the forums) posted about their dislike of having all waypoints show as contested (stating it cost too much to waypoint twice), so ArenaNet changes the maps to show all waypoints uncontested, and what shows up on the forums? Posts stating it costs too much now.

Too funny.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

no more than 4 and change from farthest-point to farthest-point, so yah – avg 2s.

Advice to those who get teleported to someplace they didn’t want: kill 4-5 trash mobs… fee recouped.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That feature has been in the game since launch. Whiners want to whine, I guess.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Lol’d, people will really find anything to moan about in patch notes.

Oh no the waypoint cost you 2s… just spend 15 minutes in CoF and get 1g50s+, not hard.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

why the heck would you vote for kiel again? This happened under Kiel’s watch.

If anything, vote against Kiel for introducing this measure.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Suwash for council.

If LA was under his watch Morde would never have awoken, for he’d be terrified of invoking Suwash’s wrath!

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Kiel is always to blame for everything ever.

The devs said so.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This system of being re-directed to a different WP when it’s contested has always been there since August 2012.

True. Of course, it never actually worked before, you got only the information popup, but weren’t really moved away.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You may want to figure out how the system actually works before posting…

You don’t stay where you are, you go to the nearest WP, i.e the one you’d have to go to anyway, that isn’t contested if the one you try to go to is contested.

Basically instead of having to WP to that WP and then WP again to the correct WP, you can now go directly to the WP you want and if it is unavailable when you get there it will send you to the closest one.

This is how it has worked since launch, but was broken in the megafail patch. They corrected the issue today.

New massive gold sink?

Boneheart.3561

Suwash for council.

If LA was under his watch Morde would never have awoken, for he’d be terrified of invoking Suwash’s wrath!

Quaggans in politics. Unbearably adorable.

New massive gold sink?

Boneheart.3561

This is how it has worked since launch, but was broken in the megafail patch.

I’ve never had it work before Megaservers was even a thing.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

excessive player privilege…. misplaced anger…. issue blown out of water…. Ellen Kiel.

I’m gonna die of alcohol poisoning slams drink

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Kiel is always to blame for everything ever.

The devs said so.

I had to waste my valuable time reading the OP.

Thanks, Kiel…

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is how it has worked since launch, but was broken in the megafail patch.

I’ve never had it work before Megaservers was even a thing.

Really? It worked for me, though it was delayed 20 seconds which made it SUPER annoying.

I would get the message then nothing would happen. I would start running for 20 seconds, getting almost where I wanted to go, then BAM I would appear at the other WP.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

/(o.o)/ ] Flipping all the tables out of the couple of silver rage.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Lol i want to know how much gold i wouldve had, had I not used a single waypoint

Candy Crush turns are only a dollar and yet the app has made a billion, don’t let that mentality of “It’s just 2 silver” getchya, that adds up, not that Im saying I dont mindlessly waypoint

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

/sigh

I can’t believe you are complaining about this. Megaservers = uncertainty about which version of the map you’ll get. They can’t send you to a waypoint that is contested.

So, they either:
a) don’t let you use any waypoint that could possibly be contested on arrival (this is how it was previously, everyone hated it)
b) let you use it, with the caveat that you could get bumped to the nearest possible one in the event that it’s contested when you get there

If the point you want is uncontested, you’ll be brought there, with no problems. If it’s contested, it brings you as close as possible. Are you worried about being charged to waypoint twice? Because if it’s contested, that isn’t going to happen anyway. What else do you propose, as a solution?

I may have to unsubscribe. TrashNet strikes again.

Okay, this is either the best comment or the worst, depending on whether it is serious or a joke.

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Lol i want to know how much gold i wouldve had, had I not used a single waypoint

Candy Crush turns are only a dollar and yet the app has made a billion, don’t let that mentality of “It’s just 2 silver” getchya, that adds up, not that Im saying I dont mindlessly waypoint

Though, some people do apparently mindlessly waypoint when they claimed to have saved 50 gold over a month back when waypoints were a whole 20 copper cheaper.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Do you want them to remove waypoint costs? oh if they do that since there will be more gold in the market they’ll have to nerf champ bag coin drops again….

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’m protesting this injustice! The asura have gotten my last copper for their inferior portals, from now on I will go by foot! Or broom! I might get a broom.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I think you should probably reread the patch notes and consider how the game was operating prior to the change.

This patch actually SAVES the playerbase coins.

Before patch: Want to go to Map A, WP A but it always shows as contested so you have to go to Map A, WP B first (spend 2s) and then go to Map A, WP A (another 2s) for a total cost of 4s.

After patch: Want to go to Map A, WP A. One of two things happens:
1. You arrive at WP A (spend 2s).
2. WP A is contested so you arrive at WP B (spend 2s) and walk to WP A.

Server: Devona’s Rest

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

On the point of being shifted to a nearby waypoint on the same map and not a waypoint on a completely different map that you didn’t want to go to – the difference would be more in the copper range, not silver.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

probably not massive because “every single WP is contested” is a bit exaggerated.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

NEVER more than 3 silver to travel from one corner of the world to the other….

I think the point being made is NOT that you spend a different amount (that is usually less than 20 copper different one way or another), but that you DON’T end up where you expected to be.

I’m not sure how “MASSIVE” a change this is, but it will spur controversy (as do ANY changes).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Never before have I seen such a high density of sarcasm.
this does not remove any more gold than would already of been removed. it does not increase wp costs or make you wp more often. If you’re redirected, then you wouldn’t of been able to wp to the one you wanted anyways. yes, redirection has been in the game since launch (if you wp somewhere, and in that 20 sec loading screen it becomes contested, you redirect somewhere else). the only change now is that it’ll just say all wp’s are uncontested so you won’t know if you get redirected until the screen loads.

personally, I think they should decuple all wp fees (times 10). so 20s instead of 2s. People are so lazy (myself included) – I’d rather actually have to think about if I want to wp instead of it being essentially free. I never walk anywhere. and not a direction 10x cost – low level should stay at current amounts, but after level 70 it should sharply increase.

New massive gold sink?

penelopehannibal.8947

True. Of course, it never actually worked before, you got only the information popup, but weren’t really moved away.

It still does the same now too like with me near Ojon’s mill – so it’s not charging any different since before the megaservers it’ll have no impact on people’s pockets!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

New massive gold sink?

Azhure.1857

personally, I think they should decuple all wp fees (times 10). so 20s instead of 2s. People are so lazy (myself included) – I’d rather actually have to think about if I want to wp instead of it being essentially free. I never walk anywhere. and not a direction 10x cost – low level should stay at current amounts, but after level 70 it should sharply increase.

You are not alone in this.
Many things have suffered from inflation since launch – waypoint costs haven’t.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

It has become more annoying since megaservers, since a waypoint may be contested in the megaserver you are put in.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I think you should probably reread the patch notes and consider how the game was operating prior to the change.

Before patch: Want to go to Map A, WP A but it always shows as contested so you have to go to Map A, WP B first (spend 2s) and then go to Map A, WP A (another 2s) for a total cost of 4s.

Let me correct this for you.
Your doing the Boss train, traveling around.
WP A was a lie so WP B, also contested, is a lie and you end up at WP C.
There is no way you can get back to WP A where the event is before the Boss melts away to the Zerg.

You lost the cost of traveling.
You lost the reward from the event.
Did you die trying to get there? (Megedestroyer comes to mind)
Travel cost again to repair.
Did it make you late again? Lost reward.

Apply the concept to what players actually do and this thread wont seem so funny.

New massive gold sink?

Azhure.1857

Heh.

Funny how I’ve been able to get to World Boss events whenever I try to, even when all but one or two waypoints were contested. Just amazing.
ArenaNet has made the oh so “precious” megazerg train so very easy with boss timers, yet you still kitten that you aren’t placed at the feet of the boss so you can just Port-Spam 1-Grab Reward-Repeat. Heaven forbid you have to run your character from one area of a map to another area of a map. That just is way too demanding.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Sir, if you said this in a discussion upon which I was present, I would flip you off.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no way you can get back to WP A where the event is before the Boss melts away to the Zerg.

Apply the concept to what players actually do and this thread wont seem so funny.

How did the rest of the Zerg get there, then?

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

anything that only cost silver isn’t really a cost at 80. You can think of it as an additional cost to switch maps. Arguing over silver is like squabbling over pennies.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

Your post doesn’t make any sense at all.

Let’s take a look at an example. Waypoint A and Waypoint B, you want to go to WP A (which is contestable).

Earlier system will disable all contestable WPs before you get into the map and once you go into the map and A is not contestable then you have to WP there again, costing you say another 2silvers and if WP A happens to be contested then you still have to run there.

With the current system, all contestable WPs are opened before you get into the map and if the WP is actually open then you are already there. In the event that it is contested, then you have to run there anyways because you cannot wp there.

So the new system doesn’t cost you extra silvers if WPs are actually opened, and nothing changes if it’s contested….so you are actually saving “2s”….how is saving money a gold sink?

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

New system is the same as the original system. Nothing to see here.

RIP City of Heroes

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

So how is this any different in terms of getting to the boss in time compares to before. Before if WPs A and B were contested, then you would have to go to C and run to A to do the boss, now if A and B are contested, it automatically takes you to C and you still have to run to A to kill the boss. It’s the same thing, it just saves you money in the event that the WP is actually uncontested.

How does dying trying to get there apply here? It’s the same circumstance before and after the patch, if it’s contested then you will have to run there no matter what!

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

NEVER more than 3 silver to travel from one corner of the world to the other….

I think the point being made is NOT that you spend a different amount (that is usually less than 20 copper different one way or another), but that you DON’T end up where you expected to be.

I’m not sure how “MASSIVE” a change this is, but it will spur controversy (as do ANY changes).

Actually, it can be over 5 silver to go from one end of the world to the other (at level 80). The minimum cost to take a waypoint is 1s39c, even if you are standing right on top of it.

Now, for science of course (of course!), I decided to see literally how much it would cost to travel from the 2 farthest waypoints from each other in the game: Shipwreck Rock waypoint in Cursed Shores to The Citadel of Flame Waypoint in Fireheart Rise. Total: 5s9c. The next farthest is from Rata Sum’s Port Waypoint to The CoF Waypoint, at 5s8c.

For science.

Attachments:

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Traveling with waypoints is an important convenience. If I end on another waypoint without expecting that and may even miss a melting world boss while running I´m fed up.

Why can´t I choose to go to a waypoint even it´s “contested”?

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

That’s the reason it’s “contested”. It’s closed due to fighting in the area. The Asura waypoint system doesn’t let you pop in if you will be in immediate danger. It’s part of the service you are paying for.

Out of game reason because you can’t. Want to get credit for a boss, get there early before the waypoint gets locked out. With the exception of the short period of time after the megaserver was implemented which locked all potentially contested waypoints from outside of the zone they’re in, that’s the way it always worked.

RIP City of Heroes

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

just spend 15 minutes in CoF and get 1g50s+, not harkitten

he only one who completed a dungeon with less gold than started it with? :/
That might just be me though.

NAKED DUNGEONS. CLIFF-DIVING. SUICIDE-MOBS. HAVE AT IT. SUBSCRIBE TO “WOLOLO ARMOUR?!” AND YOUR WALLET diminishes NOW!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’m happy with this, it’s like it was before.

It’s not a massive gold sink. o0

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

That whole Contested thing is a useless and stupid made thing.I understand it’s role,it’s a measure preventing players to revive near boss or event or just do not teleport in a second from A to B when there’s happening to be a boss event.
It’s sad and brain killer when you arrive at a point even kill 1-2 npc then the system wake up and say ‘’Ohhh sorry m8 that’s contested,go away!‘’. You say ’’Okaaay :-(’’ then you wake up on the other side of the map because in time the other wps have became contested…

and about Silver,yes 2-3 silver is not much for 1-2 port but for example I teleport 1 day(and mostly I use the portal system so I don’t port myself from one part of the map to another,only in rare cases)at least 20 times so let that cost just be a 2 silver 20×2=40 silver you can spend golds without even observing.I have nothing with the price but that ’’Contested’’ system is something need to be reworked somehow.

New massive gold sink?

penelopehannibal.8947

It has become more annoying since megaservers, since a waypoint may be contested in the megaserver you are put in.

The megaservers don’t make it more often than it was before the megaserver was in place, since most if not all events occur at the same frequency as they did pre-megaserver.

You could have been in Divinity’s Reach in Pre-Megaserver days, then WP to Ojon’s Mill Waypoint only for it to be contested because of Skritt stealing tools. It’s no more likely now than it was before.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]