New massive gold sink?

New massive gold sink?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Oh no, what will I do without my 2 silver!?

(Is it 2 silver actually? I’ve never payed attention because of how insignificant it is)

If you round up to the nearest silver, yes. The playerbase will go bankrupt overnight.

Bankrupt? Seriously?

/rollseyes
/facepalm

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

(Is it 2 silver actually? I’ve never payed attention because of how insignificant it is)

If you round up to the nearest silver, yes. The playerbase will go bankrupt overnight.

Bankrupt? Seriously?

/rollseyes
/facepalm

I think that post was heavy with sarcasm…….

New massive gold sink?

jheryn.8390

Bankrupt? Seriously?

/rollseyes
/facepalm

I’m not sure about that. Considering his reply to what the person above said and his first post in this thread was:

I may have to unsubscribe. TrashNet strikes again.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Bankrupt? Seriously?

/rollseyes
/facepalm

I’m not sure about that. Considering his reply to what the person above said and his first post in this thread was:

It was very heavy sarcasm. It works but not for all (note the unsubscribe bit).

New massive gold sink?

jheryn.8390

Bankrupt? Seriously?

/rollseyes
/facepalm

It was very heavy sarcasm. It works but not for all (note the unsubscribe bit).

Yep. I see it now. A little on the slow side today. I guess I shouldn’t comment with this much lack of sleep! My apologies to Boneheart.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

It might help to remember that one does not subscribe to Guild Wars 2.

You simply log on.

Sorry, I tried to make a walk into Mordor joke but failed.

Edit and I’m too slow. whipcrack more coffee skritt!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

It’s really not that different from the gold sink it was before this patch post-megaserver, where every waypoint except the entries would show up as contested, and you’d have to WP into the map at one of those, then use a second waypoint to get to where you wanted to go because it wasn’t contested after all.

One way or the other, it’s just a side effect of kitten-poor programming and foresight involving the megaservers.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Let me correct this for you.
Your doing the Boss train, traveling around.
WP A was a lie so WP B, also contested, is a lie and you end up at WP C.
There is no way you can get back to WP A where the event is before the Boss melts away to the Zerg.

You lost the cost of traveling.
You lost the reward from the event.
Did you die trying to get there? (Megedestroyer comes to mind)
Travel cost again to repair.
Did it make you late again? Lost reward.

Apply the concept to what players actually do and this thread wont seem so funny.

If you are not able to get to the event after the patch, then you also would not be able to get to the event before the patch.

So no, you didn’t correct me, you further showed that you don’t understand what is happening pre versus post patch.

Before the patch, WP A & B were ALWAYS shown as contested meaning you ALWAYS had to go to WP C and then either run or pay an extra WP fee to get to WP A.

After the patch, WP A & B will NEVER show as contested, meaning you will go to WP A, B, or C depending on the contested status of the WPs at the time you decide to use them.

In absolutely no case will the new system be worse than the pre patch system, it can only be better (A. or B.) or the same (C.).

Server: Devona’s Rest

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

We managed to make it to page 2 (about a feature in game since launch), and not bring up the “need for mounts”? Yay.

…Yeah, seeing no need for this thread, since goldsinks gonna sink, on way or the other.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There is no way you can get back to WP A where the event is before the Boss melts away to the Zerg.

Question: In your example, exactly HOW did ANYONE in your train get to this boss any sooner than you? How would it have turned out different under the old system?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

We managed to make it to page 2 (about a feature in game since launch), and not bring up the “need for mounts”? Yay.

…Yeah, seeing no need for this thread, since goldsinks gonna sink, on way or the other.

SHHHH!!!! glances around furtively Don’t say the “M” word….They will come…the horror….the horror….spins around and dashes off into the night

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Okay gawys here’s the plan glances left and right secretively!!! We map in, we kill a monster or two and get the lootz! Then when no one is looking you go up to a ‘merchant’ and be like “Hey dude, I got your ’stuff” and he will give you like tree fitty for it! Then it will be like you never spent any money at all… it’s the perfect crime!

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

What’s even more funny is the ones that complain about this WP change are likely WPing to various world bosses (I mean otherwise why are they WPing so frequently to warrant a forum complaint) that drop guaranteed Rares that sell for an average of 35s, which would cover all of their costs for the entire day mostly likely.

This particular issue is a non-issue. How many times have I been re-routed since this change? Zero so far. But OP will certainly make it seem like he’s been re-routed constantly which is costing him oh so much money.

It just goes to show that people will complain about anything.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

SHHHH!!!! glances around furtively Don’t say the “M” word….They will come…the horror….the horror….spins around and dashes off into the night

If, if, only I had a nice little horsie in this game……..

Or…. I know!!! Flying mounts!

New massive gold sink?

pdavis.8031

THEY ARE HERE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!

You’d better hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause they be QQing about mounts to everbody out here. So run and tell THAT homeboy!!!

Attachments:

recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

New massive gold sink?

Rouven.7409

But they could only fly on a rail from waypoint to waypoint and not free-flying. But if one of the waypoints ends up being contested then it will automatically route you another way ca ching

New massive gold sink?

Draknar.5748

But they could only fly on a rail from waypoint to waypoint and not free-flying. But if one of the waypoints ends up being contested then it will automatically route you another way ca ching

Yes! That could also fly us to 40-man instanced raids where we all wear capes, are given trinity roles, and reflect on how awesome our guild halls are!

New massive gold sink?

Rouven.7409

Yes! That could also fly us to 40-man instanced raids where we all wear capes, are given trinity roles, and reflect on how awesome our guild halls are!

Sorry to crush your dreams, but as Colin once said, capes are hard to do (and then you have to add the wind and the angles etc). However it is mandatory to wear your Aviator Cap. The bird won’t lift off otherwise.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You’d better hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause they be QQing about mounts to everbody out here. So run and tell THAT homeboy!!!

Lol. You made me laugh when I was drinking my soda and now I have to clean my keyboard.

New massive gold sink?

pdavis.8031

Lol. You made me laugh when I was drinking my soda and now I have to clean my keyboard.

LOL!! Thats awesome!!!

recognize my command!”

New massive gold sink?

Draknar.5748

Sorry to crush your dreams, but as Colin once said, capes are hard to do (and then you have to add the wind and the angles etc). However it is mandatory to wear your Aviator Cap. The bird won’t lift off otherwise.

I don’t want or need capes. Just to be clear lol.

New massive gold sink?

Rouven.7409

I don’t want or need capes. Just to be clear lol.

I know

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Apply the concept to what players actually do and this thread wont seem so funny.

If you are not able to get to the event after the patch, then you also would not be able to get to the event before the patch.

So no, you didn’t correct me, you further showed that you don’t understand what is happening pre versus post patch.

Before the patch, WP A & B were ALWAYS shown as contested meaning you ALWAYS had to go to WP C and then either run or pay an extra WP fee to get to WP A.

After the patch, WP A & B will NEVER show as contested, meaning you will go to WP A, B, or C depending on the contested status of the WPs at the time you decide to use them.

In absolutely no case will the new system be worse than the pre patch system, it can only be better (A. or B.) or the same (C.).

Too right. But there are drama queens that are blowing this up into something it isn’t.
+1

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

just spend 15 minutes in CoF and get 1g50s+, not harkitten

he only one who completed a dungeon with less gold than started it with? :/
That might just be me though.

NAKED DUNGEONS. CLIFF-DIVING. SUICIDE-MOBS. HAVE AT IT. SUBSCRIBE TO “WOLOLO ARMOUR?!” AND YOUR WALLET diminishes NOW!

Considering armor repairs are free, id love to know how you end with less gold than you start with.. the second part made me laugh though :P

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So now every time we waypoint to an area where any events are occurring, our gold is taken, but we don’t go there. We go somewhere we did not want to go.
This is worse than having most of the waypoints show uncontested, even when they aren’t.
I’m concerned that a lot of players will look at this as simple robbery?

I think you should probably reread the patch notes and consider how the game was operating prior to the change.

This patch actually SAVES the playerbase coins.

Before patch: Want to go to Map A, WP A but it always shows as contested so you have to go to Map A, WP B first (spend 2s) and then go to Map A, WP A (another 2s) for a total cost of 4s.

After patch: Want to go to Map A, WP A. One of two things happens:
1. You arrive at WP A (spend 2s).
2. WP A is contested so you arrive at WP B (spend 2s) and walk to WP A.

Nope, it’s still just as hilarious.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Put repair costs back. Make it free to move within a zone (like in a city). And don’t raise travel prices to get to said zone (before you think of that nugget of whiteness, cableness, dingoness).

New massive gold sink?

Azhure.1857

Put repair costs back. Make it free to move within a zone (like in a city).

Granted I’m all for repair costs but I think that is a topic for a different thread.

As for waypoint costs being free inside of a zone, like LA, I don’t understand where that is coming from on this thread. If you port to WPA but get redirected to WPB or WPC, you won’t be able to port again to WPA unless it becomes uncontested while you’re on your way over to it.

Frankly, I don’t want anything more to be made free. We have an excess of gold as it is – gold sinks are welcome (real or imagined). If you don’t want to pay for waypointing, then feel free to run.

New massive gold sink?

jheryn.8390

The waypoint costs are really insignificant. We now have free armor repair and do not have to get new skins every time we want to change our looks. Yet still there is complaining about what costs there are.

I’m just wondering, very seriously, it seems as if some of you think that everything should be free. There should be no in-game charges at all. What is really left for us to have to pay for if waypoint charges are gone?

New massive gold sink?

Rouven.7409

The waypoint costs are really insignificant. We now have free armor repair and do not have to get new skins every time we want to change our looks. Yet still there is complaining about what costs there are.

I’m just wondering, very seriously, it seems as if some of you think that everything should be free. There should be no in-game charges at all. What is really left for us to have to pay for if waypoint charges are gone?

I would like to have what all players spend on waypoints in 24 hours in my bank please.
No sarcasm.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I would like to have what all players spend on waypoints in 24 hours in my bank please.
No sarcasm.

I concur. They are very significant to me. Of course, I don’t get a chest with 3 gold every day from a DE I might do, or cow I escort to town, so I don’t know what it’s like to have this excess of money.

Maybe the problem is waypoints being classified as people?

New massive gold sink?

Azhure.1857

I concur. They are very significant to me. Of course, I don’t get a chest with 3 gold every day from a DE I might do, or cow I escort to town, so I don’t know what it’s like to have this excess of money.

Waypoint costs are about 2s-5s for a level 80 character, correct? Port to any zone and do what you came to do. Afterwards, even if you only got trash items, you have made up for and passed the cost of waypointing to that zone. Unless you’re just porting across Tyria without actually doing anything…

Waypoint costs ARE insignificant. Its a gold sink. As another poster just recently stated – What other gold sinks do we really have?

New massive gold sink?

jheryn.8390

No sarcasm.

Maybe the problem is waypoints being classified as people?

@Rouven: Who wouldn’t? The thing is, is that what we individually pay in that same 24 hours is nothing by comparison. So I guess, I don’t see your point. I would like to have a lot of things every player gets or pays for in 24 hours.

@notebene. There are easy ways to recoup that money. Just spending a short amount of time killing enemies and the look they drop should more than pay for any waypoint jumps. Also, we now do not have to pay for armor repair so that is more money in your pocket.

Also, if you don’t want to pay waypoint fees, you always have the option of running to your destinations.

The bottom line is that there are ways around the fees, that would make them insignificant, you just have to utilize them.

New massive gold sink?

Posted by: Amybubbles.1039

Amybubbles.1039

I think my favourite part is that I’m new to the game and only found out it did this today (been playing for about 2.5 weeks), I just used to double wp in zones by jumping to a wp I knew couldn’t be contested then jumping near where I wanted after I got there. I have a crappy computer that makes load screens about 2 minutes, so I’m pretty excited to learn I can just port nearby if it’s contested.

New massive gold sink?

Rouven.7409

Sometimes you should throw your wishes out there into the universe. They might come true. (That was my only point in regards to that post jheryn.)

The only point I’ve ever seen in this thread was that the OP thinks he is getting shafted.

My initial thought was “when you convert your gold to gems, or do transactions on the TP the system calculates correctly for you”.

Maybe it’s because I’ve been here for a while (and also here on the forums) that I don’t have the impression of getting ripped off at every corner. I might not like everything and don’t get me started on silk scraps, really holding my tongue there, but I just can’t be that negative.

Really mtpelion has said everything already, chances are you actually save a fistful of silver “every day”.

If the OP is afraid that WP x cost 1s30c – and because it turns out that WP was contested he got transferred to a WP that would have only costed 1s25c – if he is afraid that he is paying 5c too much, then I don’t even think that would be the case, I’ll go out on a limb and vouch that I’m only paying 1s25c.

New massive gold sink?

Draknar.5748

To those that feel somehow this is a worse system: Let’s say you happened to walk from Snowden Drifts to Wayfarer Foothills. When you zone in you want to hit Svanir Chief because omg I need to get mah world boss lootz. Dang, the nearest WP is contested! (and its too far to run bc the pre is almost over!) Well I guess I’ll go to WP B, the next closest, and run, is what any sane human would conclude. Nobody would bat an eye in this scenario because you couldn’t get to WP A so obviously you would choose to go to WP B and run.

With new system you click WP A on map and it may say it isn’t contested but really it is, so when you zone in you’re re-directed to the exact same WP B you would have chosen in the previous example and now everyone flips their kitten? Is it because Anet made the decision for you? Because that’s a stupid reason…

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE