New skills/weapons!! Will Ele finally get GS?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Lol, everyone professions wants GS. That way everyone can show off their Great big Giant Shiny. pfff

Not us engies, gs is overrated. Hammer is where its at!

Also I wanna see pistols for guardians

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want Thief Claws/Knuckles, not GS. :< Mine as well give Claws to Ele too so they can be kinda like Sima Yi.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I would so play a scepter/scepter warrior.

I’d also like main hand dagger for rangers, but with skills that aren’t as flippy as those of a thief.

Also for rangers (just using standard melee weapons for the example): sword/dagger/crossbow. Yes, crossbow. Yes, three weapons! The crossbow would be built into the helm, see…

Gatling gun for engineers. Or maybe double-barreled shotguns.

So many possibilities.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Desmond.5396

Desmond.5396

A torch would be sweet for eles! Combining the fire with water to create steam spells, fire and air to make fire tornados, fire and earth to make volcano’s and fire and fire to make… DOUBLE METEOR SHOWERS!

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

personally I would love to see a bo staff warrior! skill #3 could be a projectile block, #2 could be a leap that knocks down. #5 could be a swirl in which you can move and knock everyone away, maybe #4 could be a really quick skill that hits multiple times and the last hit knock them down.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

My bet is on single handed swords and rifles.

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

I seriously think that whoever wrote this summary somehow misunderstood what was said to them. There are 19 weapon types in the game and it is simply not feasible to give every profession access to all of them, especially if they want to add whole new weapon types. Plus, combinations like Engineer/Scepter, Guardian/Dagger, Elementalist/Rifle just don’t work with the art and lore for professions. Elementalists will never get a Greatsword because it doesn’t fit our lore (not to mention the balance issues and the fact that we ALREADY have the Fiery Greatsword conjure).

What I believe they possibly meant was to give every profession access to at least one NEW weapon type.

(Now, Necromancer with Greatsword would make me throw out everything I ever believed about balance and feasibility)

Posted by: Javert.5367

Javert.5367

I may be a minority, but I always wished the elementalist had a bow option. I’d love to use a longbow on my ele.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I don’t want to use gs, just give me optional predefined 5×4-skill set of staff skills to choose.
And also add some new good looking staff skins, don’t force us to craft legendary gs anymore. It’s overused.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I make my own weapons as I leap into battle. I love box o fun.

Attachments:

The Burninator

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Ele has three letters in it, subtract the third letter and you get two.
Two equals separate halves, separate halves equals a whole.
Thief Off Hand Sword Confirmed.

The instant I saw “Ele has three letters in it”, I was looking for the Half Life 3 Confirmed at the end. You are tricky my friend. Very, very tricky.

Half Life… Two…. Halves equals a whole off hand.
Ele Scepter off hand confirmed.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Nightarch.2943

Seriously though, all professions should be able to use all weapons.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If you’re wanting to guess what kinds of skills we might get a good place to start is the original Guild Wars. Many of those skills have inspired many of the skills and traits already in this game. And if there are any popular skills from that game still absent from this game then that’s probably the best place to start when speculating about upcoming skills.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I may be a minority, but I always wished the elementalist had a bow option. I’d love to use a longbow on my ele.

I can really see this working, to be honest. 1200 range weapon, less AoE focused than staff, and I think longbow is only available on two professions right now.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

do we not have enough classes with greatswords already?

Fortus.6175

do we not have enough classes with greatswords already?

short answer; no
long answer; heck no!

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

If my necro could use a GS, I would feel obligated to grind for Twilight.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Doesn’t this kinda screws up the warrior’s characteristic of having multiple arsenal? While it does seem cool and all and I would love to have a gs on my necromancer, that’s going to be a lot of possible balancing issues, not to mention the new traits on top of the old ones.

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

whats a warrior going to do with a focus? smack people on the head?

or a engineer with a scepter? attach bombs on it and throw it?

or a necro with a greatsword? give it to her flesh fiend to swing around?

or a ranger with a a staff? learn to throw it like a javelin?

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

Fortus.6175

i admit i laughed more than i should!

but no, he would, i dont know, focus the energies of past warriors and maybe get a defensive boost, maybe this can be the defensive weapon they have been looking for!

Legendary SoloQ

Leohart.4610

yeaaaahhhh, not seeing this happening (anytime in the future). Don’t get your hopes up people.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

On a totally related note: will engineers finally get a melee weapon that’s not a kit?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

darkace.8925

On a totally related note: will engineers finally get a melee weapon that’s not a kit?

I’m hoping they get access to maces and hammers.

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

If only Ele’s could conjure up a Greatsword…

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

And that greatsword was permanent and did not go away.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

The last thing I want is more Greatswords, for anyone. Starting to get sick of them.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Nightarch.2943

or a engineer with a scepter? attach bombs on it and throw it?

or a necro with a greatsword? give it to her flesh fiend to swing around?

or a ranger with a a staff? learn to throw it like a javelin?

I was going to say within logical boundaries but I figured people would be smart enough to understand that.

Fortus.6175

And that greatsword was permanent and did not go away.

and could have any skin and also be used in other elements…..

Legendary SoloQ

Fortus.6175

The last thing I want is more Greatswords, for anyone. Starting to get sick of them.

so what? you are one of a few, as for everybody else, they want to wear GS, stop wanting to be the only one, the “special” ones who get to wear the shinies.

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Id like to see elementalist receive dual chakrams ??

Kingdomes of Amalur anyone ???

This game really has some nice little features id also like to see in GW2’s combat system as like for example the Fatality Attacks that let you perform very critical attacks at specific moments. Thats imo the way how I’d love to see the execution system of killing downed playes getting improved, because it would make killing such enemy that way alot more awesome and epic if you could watch in slow motion , how you rip your downed victims apart..

I know i know, GW2 is for 12 year old childs, but however, this doesn’t mean that the system still can’t be improved, just without all that blood n gore xD

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

so what? you are one of a few, as for everybody else, they want to wear GS, stop wanting to be the only one, the “special” ones who get to wear the shinies.

What? My main is a Thief. I don’t even use a Greatsword. However, I am totally sick of the obsessive love over that weapon type. Everyone and their mother has Sunrise or Twilight and it seems to be the only weapon type people care about. If any weapon comes to Ele, it should be Sword. Apart from that, some original weapons, please. It won’t be long before every class calls for Greatsword and then we will have absolutely zero variety because GS LOL SO KEWL LOL.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Maybe they could innovate some Greatdaggers, Greatstaves, and Greatpistols (etc.) for those who desire Greatness but eschew the use of the all too common Greatsword. That would be…

…cool!

Like Power Set Proliferation before it, Weapon Proliferation could be a wonderful thing. And you know, I remember some people saying (not an exact quote), “Fire Blast on a Defender? Inconceivable!”

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Karasu.4381

Karasu.4381

While new weapons would be nice, I would like to have more variation on the weapon skills we have now that we could switch around like utilities. For example, a choice between two or three different auto attack skills, or #5 skills, etc. Granted it might take a while to balance. That said, if the were to give us more weapons, dual swords please.

(edited by Karasu.4381)

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Dual pistols on mesmer.

Dual Quips on mesmer.

You know you want to, ANet! <3333

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Fortus.6175

I keep hearing the argument " it doesnt fit the class blah blah blah" , then please, tell me how you can imagine Gandalf running at the orks with two daggers, yet we all accept it, because Anet had it there from the beginning.

Tell me how a mage that works with mirages and lies can use a pistol to shoot magical beans, how does that “fit” the character?

How a knight in shinning armor has blue fire and bats a scepter like a magic wand and shoots little blue balls that hit hard?

see my point? MAGIC, this game doesnt need to “fit”, specially elementalist who are the MOST MAGICAL CLASS IN THE GAME, they can do whatever they want, we already wield a [bad] ultimate which is a RANGED GREATSWORD, dont tell me ranged GS doesnt fit ele………

also, who cares so many classes already have GS, for all I care everyone should be able to use whatever the heck they want, without having to deal with people who want to feel unique. I love eles, I love GS and staves, why cant I have it all, specially since the only counterargument is; “but i wanna feel special!!!!”

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I want a torch for Ele- seriously why don’t they have torches?

Gunnar’s Hold

Leohart.4610

I keep hearing the argument " it doesnt fit the class blah blah blah" , then please, tell me how you can imagine Gandalf running at the orks with two daggers, yet we all accept it, because Anet had it there from the beginning.

Tell me how a mage that works with mirages and lies can use a pistol to shoot magical beans, how does that “fit” the character?

How a knight in shinning armor has blue fire and bats a scepter like a magic wand and shoots little blue balls that hit hard?

see my point? MAGIC, this game doesnt need to “fit”, specially elementalist who are the MOST MAGICAL CLASS IN THE GAME, they can do whatever they want, we already wield a [bad] ultimate which is a RANGED GREATSWORD, dont tell me ranged GS doesnt fit ele………

also, who cares so many classes already have GS, for all I care everyone should be able to use whatever the heck they want, without having to deal with people who want to feel unique. I love eles, I love GS and staves, why cant I have it all, specially since the only counterargument is; “but i wanna feel special!!!!”

Then what becomes of the “Masters of Weaponry”? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/warrior/
Warrior with a scepter? how does that even work? and focus? how about a staff?
The only counter argument being a feeling of individuality? While I understand that everyone is special, just like everyone else, that’s not exactly relevant. Yes, maybe some classes will get new weapons like an elementalist with a torch or something along those lines, I don’t see how this could follow through well. Plus the balancing issues, the glorious balancing issues.

But heck, what do I know. If Anet does go through and want to get creative, I don’t mind.

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

I seriously think that whoever wrote this summary somehow misunderstood what was said to them. There are 19 weapon types in the game and it is simply not feasible to give every profession access to all of them, especially if they want to add whole new weapon types. Plus, combinations like Engineer/Scepter, Guardian/Dagger, Elementalist/Rifle just don’t work with the art and lore for professions. Elementalists will never get a Greatsword because it doesn’t fit our lore (not to mention the balance issues and the fact that we ALREADY have the Fiery Greatsword conjure).

What I believe they possibly meant was to give every profession access to at least one NEW weapon type.

(Now, Necromancer with Greatsword would make me throw out everything I ever believed about balance and feasibility)

I absolutely agree with this post! I think many builds are infeasible because of a lack of variety in weapon skills themselves, not so much the trait lines although I will never be averse to expanding trait lines either. Take my main, a Mesmer. If we want to use main/offhand weapons we have to pick one of two poisons, either the clunkyness of the scepter complete with blowing up our phantasms due to its slot 1 annoyingness, or we go sword forcing us to choose a melee weapon. I believe a third weapon, something new introduced, maybe each class gets access to a new main-hand and a new two-handed weapon, that would be a great series of new playing style for all professions and could resolve a number of balancing issues between classes if these weapons skills were to be designed with care. I don’t care much for additional utility skills, I have enough options that I am not concerned to see more in that arena. Some buffs to the crappier elites would be appreciated though.

Fortus.6175

Then what becomes of the “Masters of Weaponry”? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/warrior/
The only counter argument being a feeling of individuality? While I understand that everyone is special, just like everyone else, that’s not exactly relevant. Yes, maybe some classes will get new weapons like an elementalist with a torch or something along those lines, I don’t see how this could follow through well. Plus the balancing issues, the glorious balancing issues.

But heck, what do I know. If Anet does go through and want to get creative, I don’t mind.

Dunno wh you bring warriors to the table when this is about eles, :/ , but ok, lets go over warriors;

Staff warrior i can definitely see it happen, search bo staff, #1 autoattack, 2 is a leap that knocks down, 3 is a projectile shield, 4 is a quick multiple attacks that inflict vulnerability, 5 is a whirl that knocksback everyone and last 3 seconds

focus would be similar to warhorn, something they he uses to channel his warrior prowess, giving him and nearby party members buffs.

scepter, like wih guardians, wouldnt make too much sense, yet guardians have it. Either Anet gets creative or they omit this one since it would be too obvious that it doesnt match with warriors, but i remind you we still have things like necros with dagger/horn so dont just give anything for granted. Heck, it wouldnt surprise me if they make the scepter like a small wooden sword, kind of like police sticks!

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

I don’t see why everyone is fussing about weapons that don’t match. Every profession has a series of weapons they don’t have access to yet. Just find one that fits with that professions lore and then skill balance it. We don’t have to give scepters across the board, maybe warrior gets staff, mesmer gets warhorn or dagger perhaps, etc. Too much linear thinking among players, its easy to find a happy medium lore-wise and then it becomes a matter of skill balance. I am of the favor of either one two-handed and a main-hand, or else a single weapon that is both main-hand and can be used off-hand as well.

Leohart.4610

Dunno wh you bring warriors to the table when this is about eles, :/ , but ok, lets go over warriors;

Staff warrior i can definitely see it happen, search bo staff, #1 autoattack, 2 is a leap that knocks down, 3 is a projectile shield, 4 is a quick multiple attacks that inflict vulnerability, 5 is a whirl that knocksback everyone and last 3 seconds

focus would be similar to warhorn, something they he uses to channel his warrior prowess, giving him and nearby party members buffs.

scepter, like wih guardians, wouldnt make too much sense, yet guardians have it. Either Anet gets creative or they omit this one since it would be too obvious that it doesnt match with warriors, but i remind you we still have things like necros with dagger/horn so dont just give anything for granted. Heck, it wouldnt surprise me if they make the scepter like a small wooden sword, kind of like police sticks!

Oh sorry, completely forgot this thread was about elementalists :S

Guardians with scepters? I can totally see that… oh wait….. Anyways, it fits but I’m pretty sure it depends on how we each view it. Guardians rely on magic to smite foes, scepters fits in nicely. If a warrior were to use a scepter, I don’t see how bashing someone in the head with a weapon with such a short reach would be viable, Small wooden sword kind of like police sticks? oh god :l

For the staff, your number 5 is a number 2 skill on the defense banner. I don’t know how 3 could be a projectile shield because this kind of renders the trait in the defensive trait line for warriors where you reflect projectiles when you block useless, unless you mean the warrior gets an automatic magnetic aura which I honestly can’t think of a way for it to be possible. 4 reminds me of hundred blades. I know these are just random suggestions, but yeah.

Foci seem to be more magical-esque weapon.

I shall stop here. GG no re

(edited by Leohart.4610)

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Main hand shield for Guardians, make it happen Arenanet!!!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

darkace.8925

I’m still waiting for Guardians to get an off-hand shield. Not an off-hand focus disguised as a shield, but an honest-to-goodness, actual shield.

Fortus.6175

I’m still waiting for Guardians to get an off-hand shield. Not an off-hand focus disguised as a shield, but an honest-to-goodness, actual shield.

yah i was actually quite disaappointed that the focus was doing a better jb at defending than the shield, in fact i run sword/focus with GS instead of sword shiled which is what i would have liked visually

Legendary SoloQ

darkace.8925

yah i was actually quite disaappointed that the focus was doing a better jb at defending than the shield, in fact i run sword/focus with GS instead of sword shiled which is what i would have liked visually

I do the opposite, I run the shield for aesthetic reasons even though I die inside every time I remember the focus has Shield of Wrath.

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

More combinations! Make a troch and focus a main hand weapon, and add scepter as off-hand weapon.

Elementalist with dual torches or guardian with dual focuses would look interesting, and there are tons of possibilities for skills.

Fortus.6175

I do the opposite, I run the shield for aesthetic reasons even though I die inside every time I remember the focus has Shield of Wrath.

thats what i was trying to say; that i want the shield sword visually with the focus skills (shield and focus swapped skills). It is not that i have something agaisnt focus or anything, but the idea of a knight is a swor/shield, not a sword and a piece of wood

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Anet is trying to keep up with other mmo so hard, now other then nerfing warrior, we should also take its “weapon master”title away! yes! good idea!

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I hope Eles don’t get a GS. And tbh, I don’t think they will. First of all it doesn’t fit in at all with the lore, and secondly knowing Eles the GS build would probably make them even more OP. I hope Anet focus on giving attention to professions that need the most help – i.e. Rangers and perhaps Engis.

I’m curious why you don’t think it fits with the lore when:

• You could run a warrior/elementalist in Guild Wars
  • Elementalists already have a fiery greatsword kit/spell that grants a whole new weapon bar

Rangers and Engineers are fine, most people say they’re bad until they meet someone that knows how to play one (tPvP Spirit Rangers and Bomb engineers are awesome)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

if you’ve done the priory mission ghost rite you’ll see why ele’s can never get a GS

If frustrates me so to see people literally only ever use auto attacks…especially one as slow as the GS.