Next Game Build: Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

And yet it happens every single time. Which is why they no longer give us information like that.

No one gains anything from yet another groundless kittenstorm.

Then those people need to be ignored or moderated depending on the intensity of their response. I am getting really tired of people using the bad behavior of a small group of people to justify keeping the rest of us in the dark.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The problem is that it is usually those people that are posting (happy people usually don’t post about being happy after all), and it is those people that are getting heard or seen by the larger internet. Which hurts both the game and ArenaNet as a company.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: taikia.4819

taikia.4819

As to the game being a mess, that is your opinion. Personally I think the game has more polish and much better systems in place than many other contenders in the genre at the moment.

personal story totaly not a mess, random npcs that i never heard about, story feels chopped up at points, final stage of personal story (Aka: zhaitan fight) fillled whit bugs

LS also not messed up in any point a entire season gone, that interduces characters that you are teamed up whit in season 2, a feeling of messing content because you didnt get the game sooner, and mind you this is not small content its part of the story that leads to the expantion, its like reading the first book then being made to read the 3ยบ book in the trilogy… well that sounds to me like a nice polished experience.
lets not mention the rest of the content that will not be re worked because well we have new shiny things arround.
look i would love the expantion, but an expantion can not be built on a messed up foundation. the entirety of content must be appealing or Anet will simply divide the playerbase, because old not shiny contents hasn’t recieved some polish.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But it’s naive for people to swallow “it’ll be done when it’s done” and think ArenaNet really has no time frame for when it will be done.

It suddenly becomes less naive once you started to work for a while in or around programming business. It is one thing to give an estimate on finishing a planned project. It’s something else completely, if you are chasing an elusive bug. Sometimes “no idea, still working on it” is truly the best estimate you can give.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Translated with Goggle.
I believe that many players are looking forward to a very updated version March 13 when. However, due to the current version of the test has not yet been completed, so the March 13 update time will be postponed postponed. When we get more news about this release, we will then advise you on the official website announced. The specific version of the updated content, please update after the release announcement.
Thank you for your support, “Guild Wars 2”, I wish you a pleasant game!

So, they got delayed too, they just got Patch notes.

(edited by Ballads.2509)

Posted by: bababear.9630

bababear.9630

Is there any new info on when we’ll get this patch :< next Tuesday would be nice but I get the feeling we’ll be waiting longer.

lordkrall.7241

Is there any new info on when we’ll get this patch :< next Tuesday would be nice but I get the feeling we’ll be waiting longer.

When it is ready.
They will not give us any information before that most likely.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

What likely happened is that the China patch normally comes out a couple days after ours. Ours was scheduled for Tuesday and this set of release notes for China got robo posted. Once they realized what happen they got taken down for now.

Sort of sad about removing WvW for map completion. While it was a pain it was also a challenge, requiring planning and coordination over weeks if you weren’t a WvW regular. I hope they make completing the WvW maps into some other kind of achievement. Otherwise all the Vistas, PoIs and Skill Challenges become vestigial.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Sort of sad about removing WvW for map completion.

I agree. I thought I had a real chance of getting my wife to try WvW when she gets close to world complete.

Ah well.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I agree. I thought I had a real chance of getting my wife to try WvW when she gets close to world complete.

Ah well.

Same here but with my boyfriend, lol. He’s such a PvE carebear. -_-

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Ah well.

Same here but with my boyfriend, lol. He’s such a PvE carebear. -_-

My wife hates WvW, she simply likes to play games, she doesn’t want players to troll her while doing so, it’s really not a carebear thing, it’s i just want to play, k thx bye. She does have world complete on one toon, but the rest (never again).

I still think they need to add a world complete for both PvP and WvW, that doesn’t require them to play PvE.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Omg finally, anet should change this in 2012, no more www! :P

Posted by: Trey Enma.7851

Trey Enma.7851

I don’t care if they take a while to release a camera update, what I would appreciate is seeing the fruits of these changes in advance instead of reading about options that have no value because I can’t specifically imagine how it will effect my gameplay experience.

Show me some pictures of horribad camera moments in the current build that can be avoided via changes with the new patch. For instance, in Battle of Kyhlo at mid, if you move the camera to a position that’s too overhead, you will become blocked by the ceiling and you cannot see what either you or your teammates are doing until you move it back.
In the same map, if you get stuck in the hall under that exact point and pushed too much against a wall, your body blocks your view and it becomes borderline impossible to see what’s coming from any side.

In Forest of Nifhel, your view can be blocked by plants near where Chieftain spawns if you get into a skirmish there, making it very difficult to quickly and accurately use ground targetting skills or target enemies.

In PvE, tight confined jumping puzzles make me regret ever playing as a Norn or a Charr, so seeing some adjustments made to let me see what’s going on regarding these puzzles would be very much appreciated. Words are nice sometimes, but seeing visual examples would be much better.

Mea.5491

it’s really not a carebear thing, it’s i just want to play, k thx bye.

Don’t bite my head off, I was just trying to be funny. But I guess I’m not funny, lol. Anyway, my bf says WvW sucks but he never tried it, at least he should give it a chance or something. Oh well… :c -shrugs-

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Oh yes. In answer to the question, store updates will be coming out soon, but likely not today.

Again, thanks for your patience!

What are you doing up at this hour?!? :o

I’m in Brighton, England, for meetings with my EU team members. Then on to EGX Rezzed in London Thursday through Saturday.

Well that’s explained the extra U in rumor. You are probably posting from one of their machines and their spell check “fixed” it for you.

Actually, I used to live here, and for me “armour” really does have two “u’s.” I have to consciously remove the second “u” in all sorts of words. (One of the founders of ArenaNet gently told me we needed to go with “armor” back when I first started writing website content.)

Where does the second u go in armour? Armouru?

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

Oh yes. In answer to the question, store updates will be coming out soon, but likely not today.

I’m in Brighton, England, for meetings with my EU team members. Then on to EGX Rezzed in London Thursday through Saturday.

Well that’s explained the extra U in rumor. You are probably posting from one of their machines and their spell check “fixed” it for you.

Actually, I used to live here, and for me “armour” really does have two “u’s.” I have to consciously remove the second “u” in all sorts of words. (One of the founders of ArenaNet gently told me we needed to go with “armor” back when I first started writing website content.)

i think it might be a double u (not w) kind of thing so im thinking armouur?

EDIT: although now that i think about it armuur is probably most likely

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

(edited by Gobble D Goop.4081)

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

If WvW is being removed from map completion requirements, I for one can only rejoice. I was looking forward to going into WvW to get the places I needed about as much as I was to my two root canals.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t care if they take a while to release a camera update, what I would appreciate is seeing the fruits of these changes in advance instead of reading about options that have no value because I can’t specifically imagine how it will effect my gameplay experience.

Show me some pictures of horribad camera moments in the current build that can be avoided via changes with the new patch…

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

If WvW is being removed from map completion requirements, I for one can only rejoice. I was looking forward to going into WvW to get the places I needed about as much as I was to my two root canals.

If this is the case, my 14th map completion was finished last night. All I lacked was green in EB and the green borderlands.

Posted by: Trey Enma.7851

Trey Enma.7851

Show me some pictures of horribad camera moments in the current build that can be avoided via changes with the new patch…

Thanks for that. I’ll check it out.

Edit: Saw a bit, though didn’t get to see what it looks like when the camera interacts with walls. Not bad for what they showed, though I’m still looking forward to testing things myself.

(edited by Trey Enma.7851)

Mea.5491

THIS IS PERFECT, OMG! JUMPING PUZZLES, HERE I COME! NO MORE MOTION SICKNESS!!! I’M SCREAMING, LOL! SOOO EXCITED!!!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I know right? That’s why I was so psyched for Tuesday and so sad to see there is a delay, though far better a delay than a broken game. I’m really hoping for more updates on the fix’s progress, or at least some blog posts about HoT … even though it’s likely any posts this week will be about the new borderland rather than things with wider game impact such as specializations or guild halls.

These forums do tend to start spinning in circles until new info arrives for digestion and discussion.

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

any official/semi-official update?

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

We need an update on the update. Or do you intend to release this next Tueday? 2 Weeks later it would be 31.03. I think this is just a ploy to stretch the few updates before the addon even thinner.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

We want an update on the update.

^ There.
Fixed that for you.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Malediktus.3740

Want and need is the same for me. If I want something, I automatically need it :p

lordkrall.7241

We need an update on the update. Or do you intend to release this next Tueday? 2 Weeks later it would be 31.03. I think this is just a ploy to stretch the few updates before the addon even thinner.

But what can they say?

“We are working on it. It will be released when it is ready”

Will that satisfy anyone or will it just create even more annoyance and rage?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Malediktus.3740

They can say the truth. It wasnt delayed because extra testing, but so the next update can be on 31.03 instead of 24.03

lordkrall.7241

Ah yes, I am sure they did choose to get the bad publicity that comes with a delayed patch on purpose…..

Why would they even announce a release date on March 10th if they planned it for March 31th all along?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

1. the “u” in the word
2. the “u” in the armor (you in the armor)

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I think they could give us some information. For example, people seem to be assuming it will be released “when it’s ready”, but is that actually true? Could the patch be released any minute, as soon as they finish, or will it be going into a Tuesday slot?

Plus, they said it was QA, which means that it isn’t just a fix they’re doing but testing. That means they know at least a minimal amount of testing that needs doing. They might not be able to say “This will be ready in ten days”, but they should be able to say “This will take at least a few more days, stop waiting”.

There are absolutely limits of what information it is possible to give. But there is a huge gulf between that and the information ANet’s current policy actually produces.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Even though I would like the update as soon as possible, the closer we get to EU (and NA) wvw reset, the more i hope it wont get released over the weekend.

Would hate to be redirected out of wvw a couple of times over the weekend, just because they fix some build bugs.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Ah yes, I am sure they did choose to get the bad publicity that comes with a delayed patch on purpose…..

Why would they even announce a release date on March 10th if they planned it for March 31th all along?

There is no thing as bad publicity by delayed patch due to more testing. And it does not matter if its true or marketing chose to postpone it. Even if there would be small bad publicity all would be forgoten when FP camera is in the game.

Also pushing big patch with such features like first person camera at 31.3.2015 is actually pretty “symbolic”.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I think they could give us some information. For example, people seem to be assuming it will be released “when it’s ready”, but is that actually true? Could the patch be released any minute, as soon as they finish, or will it be going into a Tuesday slot?

Plus, they said it was QA, which means that it isn’t just a fix they’re doing but testing. That means they know at least a minimal amount of testing that needs doing. They might not be able to say “This will be ready in ten days”, but they should be able to say “This will take at least a few more days, stop waiting”.

There are absolutely limits of what information it is possible to give. But there is a huge gulf between that and the information ANet’s current policy actually produces.

They cant give more details. QA testing can lead to discovering further issues that need to be fixed. Which would result in further QA testing after the fixes. The whole process is repeated until it is in an acceptible state to release. Giving an estimate might be a bad move if they miss it completely. Which is highly possible.

Malediktus.3740

I didnt say this patch will be postponed to 31.03.
I think this one will be postponed to 17.03, so they can make an aprils fool patch on 31.03

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

They cant give more details. QA testing can lead to discovering further issues that need to be fixed. Which would result in further QA testing after the fixes. The whole process is repeated until it is in an acceptible state to release. Giving an estimate might be a bad move if they miss it completely. Which is highly possible.

Which is fine for estimates and maximums, but not for minimums. They can say “At least a week”. They can say “This will be put into a Tuesday update”.

Currently players who were really excited don’t know whether to stay excited because it could come out any minute, or to let go of any hope of it coming out in the next month.

Is teaching players to abandon all excitement when something as innocuous as Gaile’s OP is given really a good idea?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s a camera update we waited 2.5 years now. It really doesn’t matter if we have to wait a bit longer than planned. Grow up, learn the virtue of patience, really.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: hrasna.3017

hrasna.3017

If they can prevent me from having to look down the centre of my hollow skull during a jumping puzzle, I don’t care if it’s a bit late.

-Chris

minbariguy.7504

The problem is that it is usually those people that are posting (happy people usually don’t post about being happy after all), and it is those people that are getting heard or seen by the larger internet. Which hurts both the game and ArenaNet as a company.

I guess my point is that there wouldn’t be so many unhappy frustrated people posting on the forums if ANet communicated more clearly. And ANet is completely missing out on a chance for the internet to see them working hard to communicate with their players, which would vastly improve their reputation as a company.

How many unhappy posts are in regards to being upset with being kept in the dark with no communication or information? Now imagine the forums without all those posts because ANet finally decided to communicate.

Now…doesn’t that make the forums a happier place? :-)

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

I guess my point is that there wouldn’t be so many unhappy frustrated people posting on the forums if ANet communicated more clearly. And ANet is completely missing out on a chance for the internet to see them working hard to communicate with their players, which would vastly improve their reputation as a company.

How many unhappy posts are in regards to being upset with being kept in the dark with no communication or information? Now imagine the forums without all those posts because ANet finally decided to communicate.

no matter how you slice it there is always going to be a group of someones out there who will be unhappy with how the cake was cut. and misery loves company so those people will make it seem like a larger deal than it really is until they get what they want, which in turn makes another group of someones unhappy.

kitten happens. deal with it. it is almost a rule of nature by now that calamity will strike at the most inopportune times.

lordkrall.7241

But thats just the thing.
During release and the time after that they WERE communicating more. And yet there were still just as much people complaining and attacking them on every turn, thus they decreased the communication, in order to avoid having to spend time feeling bad about people attacking them (and yes, many attacks were directed towards specific members of the team).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Mea.5491

-pokes Anet with a stick-

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Thank you for using the correct term. “want”

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

minbariguy.7504

During release and the time after that they WERE communicating more. And yet there were still just as much people complaining and attacking them on every turn, thus they decreased the communication, in order to avoid having to spend time feeling bad about people attacking them (and yes, many attacks were directed towards specific members of the team).

Eh, I pre-ordered GW2 and was here for the beta weekends, and on launch day. I disagree with the characterization that ANet employees were being “attacked on every turn”.

Quite the opposite, in fact, I recall that the moderation of the forums was quite strict at the time of release. I remember having a post deleted for a one-sentence light-hearted friendly response to someone who had mentioned Doctor Who because it was off-topic. I had another post deleted because I tried to compliment a poster by saying something to the effect of “I want to single you out as being an example of someone who knows how to treat others with respect even while disagreeing with them” (apparently just the use of the phrase “single you out” must have gotten an overzealous moderator worked up).

So if I couldn’t even be nice to people without being moderated, I highly doubt that personal attacks of the sort you are implying were flying around at launch. I certainly don’t recall that.

But even if what you are claiming is completely true, I think the solution that would have had the most positive impact on the community would have been to moderate (or even outright ban) forum members participating in personal attacks. The solution is never to just stop communicating with everyone because some people have upset you. (general you, of course, not you personally) That’s just unprofessional, particularly when you have built-in technologies to handle the situation.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Is that the royal ‘we’ or the schizophrenic break ‘we’?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

And yet it has done absolute nothing but destroy the dialogue between the team and players, give a massive image of ennui to player issues, and a general sense of non existent customer relations.

Whatever they though this was going to help, it hasn’t done…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I keep waking up looking immediately at the GW2 main page hoping to see an update, but to no avail :-( would be nice to get some more info.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

First person camera view. Hmm…

I hope they add in support for the Bobblehead Laboratories for those of us that own/use them. Make our first person view bobble when we move. Not recommended for those with motion sickness.

Add in some excessive (in-game) alcohol consumption for a more robust experience! Anyway, I’m looking forward to the camera changes regardless.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

The Rumour Game™ CONFIRMED!

Wait… am I late?

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka