Next Game Build: Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Personally, I want a refund for this patch.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

First person camera view. Hmm…

I hope they add in support for the Bobblehead Laboratories for those of us that own/use them. Make our first person view bobble when we move. Not recommended for those with motion sickness.

Add in some excessive (in-game) alcohol consumption for a more robust experience! Anyway, I’m looking forward to the camera changes regardless.

And then do Not So Secret

I’ll sing them a song when this update goes live (well, in private, in the shower; nobody wants to hear me sing…). No more awkward jumping puzzles^^

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Perkinz.5362

Perkinz.5362

/sigh

Still no news on this?

Even a simple “We’re still mopping up bugs—-Apparently it was worse than we thought. Oops!” or “We fixed the bugs and are currently testing it—-Will let you know if our fixes caused other issues” or some such thing would be greatly appreciated.

Where’s that better communication we keep hearing about?

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

/sigh

Still no news on this?

Even a simple “We’re still mopping up bugs—-Apparently it was worse than we thought. Oops!” or “We fixed the bugs and are currently testing it—-Will let you know if our fixes caused other issues” or some such thing would be greatly appreciated.

Where’s that better communication we keep hearing about?

It didnt have any bugs, I am sure. They just want to wait until tuesday for the update so they can do the next update after it on 31.03.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Woke up to yet another disappointing morning, reading main page to see nothing new >_<

I think we should all just assume (since they’re not communicating any further) that it’ll be pushed to Tuesday. Either that or just give up all hope and have zero expectations of it coming.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

First person camera view. Hmm…

I hope they add in support for the Bobblehead Laboratories for those of us that own/use them. Make our first person view bobble when we move. Not recommended for those with motion sickness.

Add in some excessive (in-game) alcohol consumption for a more robust experience! Anyway, I’m looking forward to the camera changes regardless.

Hah, it reminds me of the horde of arguments against first-person view stating that dodgerolling and dagger storm would cause motion sickness.

I didn’t even know how to respond to those

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Woke up to yet another disappointing morning, reading main page to see nothing new >_<

I think we should all just assume (since they’re not communicating any further) that it’ll be pushed to Tuesday. Either that or just give up all hope and have zero expectations of it coming.

When it didn’t come Wednesday it was obvious that Tuesday was the earliest. Major patches are always on Tuesday. Fixes to crashes or broken new content comes when fixed but major patches are always Tuesday.

They certainly wouldn’t release it to late in the week in case of an unforeseen problem because like normal software developers, they don’t want to work weekends either.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

When it didn’t come Wednesday it was obvious that Tuesday was the earliest. Major patches are always on Tuesday. Fixes to crashes or broken new content comes when fixed but major patches are always Tuesday.

They certainly wouldn’t release it to late in the week in case of an unforeseen problem because like normal software developers, they don’t want to work weekends either.

Or maybe Monday, unless there is a specific reason that they need to wait till Tuesday? Their regular patches are Tuesday but a delayed patch could be any day it’s ready and not to close to the weekend.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Behellagh.1468

What is your state of mind on a Monday after a weekend? No Tuesday is when everyone is over weekend mode with three days available for emergency patching. Microsoft patch days are Tuesdays, the last company I worked for that developed software that they sold to customers had releases on Tuesdays and they had significantly few customers, although our software was essential to their business so failures cause interrupted cash flow for them so … but my point being, Tuesday is a “safe” day.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

It’s pretty clear they bit off more than they could chew. I’m expecting Tuesday at the earliest.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Behellagh.1468

Or they didn’t want it to affect the Europe event they were at this weekend.

But I still like the idea the in first person mode, adjusting the camera meant you got disembodied eyes or eyes looking out of your chest, crotch, whatever. And if you modified FoV your eyes end up looking in different directions so you look like Jack Elam.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

This is going to sound a bit passive aggressive, but at least know that I’m aware of it, and that’s honestly not my intention.

I have a 13th level Necro, that I think leveled to 9-10 and got the remaining 3 levels getting the WvW map done here and there over several months. I’ve been spending time finishing up some other characters, and doing some more map completion (4 finished now), but was hoping to continue on with the Necro (my 8th character, I have one for each class) after I finished up that map completion with the Guardian, which I just did a few days ago.

I hopped on today and realized it would be really nice to use the low level character to get settled in to the new camera as I’m finishing up Queensdale, and was a little sad about that, so I logged that character off.

I have other things to do. Working on achievements for weapons and mob kills and such, and other things. So, there was that. I think what made me think of it as I ran from the bank past the fish tanks to the center in Divinity’s Reach and remembered the stream.

Heh, oh well. Hopefully soon.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

This is going to sound a bit passive aggressive, but at least know that I’m aware of it, and that’s honestly not my intention.

I have a 13th level Necro, that I think leveled to 9-10 and got the remaining 3 levels getting the WvW map done here and there over several months. I’ve been spending time finishing up some other characters, and doing some more map completion (4 finished now), but was hoping to continue on with the Necro (my 8th character, I have one for each class) after I finished up that map completion with the Guardian, which I just did a few days ago.

I hopped on today and realized it would be really nice to use the low level character to get settled in to the new camera as I’m finishing up Queensdale, and was a little sad about that, so I logged that character off.

I have other things to do. Working on achievements for weapons and mob kills and such, and other things. So, there was that. I think what made me think of it as I ran from the bank past the fish tanks to the center in Divinity’s Reach and remembered the stream.

What part of this was aggressive? o.O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

What part of this was aggressive? o.O

I guess as I thought of it sounded a bit like, “Well, I was going to enjoy enjoy playing my low level Necro while enjoying the new camera system, but seeing as it still isn’t out, so I guess I’ll just log out. Woe is me.” Figured I’d better wrap it with a little bit more ‘stuff’. I honestly just thought, “Hey, it would be kinda cool to enjoy a new character with the new camera changes, so I think I’ll wait.” That was all, I guess.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

It actually sounded really reasonable and not aggressive at all. LOL

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Hey ArenaNet crew! It would be super awesome to get a status update on this even if it was like, “Hey! We haven’t forgotten. We are still working on this thing. We don’t know when it will be ready, but we wanted you to know it’s still being worked on! Thanks so much for your patience. We are just as excited to have this in game as all of you are!”

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hey ArenaNet crew! It would be super awesome to get a status update on this even if it was like, “Hey! We haven’t forgotten. We are still working on this thing. We don’t know when it will be ready, but we wanted you to know it’s still being worked on! Thanks so much for your patience. We are just as excited to have this in game as all of you are!”

From ANet:

OMG! We forgot all about it! It will be out, soon, we promise!

(Time passes)

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I skipped past most of the thread, but I was highly amused that there is actually a forum software code for the trademark symbol.

This post brought to you by Ark Bladesteele™.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: bababear.9630

bababear.9630

Status update would be very nice, people are expecting it tomorrow so even if you just said ‘no, not tomorrow’ it would be better than silence :x

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

If there is one thing I’ve learned from my dealings with Anet over on the Trait thread(s) is that they will only tell us something when they pretty much go live with it. Anything else is either a vaguely worded “updates” or a well crafted PR blurb meant to sound like info, but when looked at for more than 2 seconds can be seen as the same info they’ve already given reworded so as to sound new.

In short, keep an eye on the section where they talk about update details because that will be the only warning/info you will get. :/

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

PookieDaWombat.6209

Status update would be very nice, people are expecting it tomorrow so even if you just said ‘no, not tomorrow’ it would be better than silence :x

Better than silence.

You must be new to these here boards. Silence is the norm on these kinds of things. Its in their policy even.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Posted by: bababear.9630

bababear.9630

Better than silence.

You must be new to these here boards. Silence is the norm on these kinds of things. Its in their policy even.

Nope I’m not new at all l o l

I know how arenanet is with this type of thing, and its irritating, I said it would be better if they could at least say ‘yes’ or ‘no’, not that I expected we’d hear either of those things or any response

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Better than silence.

I know how arenanet is with this type of thing, and its irritating, I said it would be better if they could at least say ‘yes’ or ‘no’, not that I expected we’d hear either of those things or any response

As this thread proves, some folks harp on their every word, looking for anything to crucify them with… and they’ll make up crap when they can’t find anything.

So we can’t have nice things. Most kiddos that play don’t understand nor are they forgiving of any extenuating circumstances that arise.

As a result, silence is the best course. When and if there is something to be said, it’ll be said. It’s coming. Be patient.

PookieDaWombat.6209

Better than silence.

As this thread proves, some folks harp on their every word, looking for anything to crucify them with… and they’ll make up crap when they can’t find anything.

So we can’t have nice things. Most kiddos that play don’t understand nor are they forgiving of any extenuating circumstances that arise.

As a result, silence is the best course. When and if there is something to be said, it’ll be said. It’s coming. Be patient.

Here’s the kicker.

Its not as if people on the forums are working with a blank slate. There is a certain history, an establisted MO, that goes a bit beyond just “staying silent”.

Anet went silent on the precursor crafting. Like deafeningly silent. When pressed, they went MORE silent until one day finally admitting that they ran into issues, but they were still looking into implementing it in someway and that they’d update us once they had more info.

After that, someone would ask “any more info on this” and instead of saying, well anything, even if it was “nope still churning on this and some other things, but its still on our radar”, we were met with MORE silence. Which just added to more annoyance.

THEN the announcement of HoT came out and after a series of interviews we come to find out that precursor crafting WILL be in the game finally, but only if you buy the xpac. So the QoL addition was moved into being a paid addition.

Now, not saying they are sticking anything about this latest patch update behind HoT. That would be silly. Just saying that Anet has a long history of not saying anything until its live and seems allergic to any kind of discourse with their playerbase even in the form of a “heads up, coming soon. Just have a few more things to work out and we hope to get it live by -insert date here- but if anything changes we will let you know”.

Imagine you went to a restaurant, ordered food, and after 30 minutes asked your waiter where your food was and instead of them going to fin out an ETA said, “it’ll be ready when its ready”. I’m sure you’d go there again. Right?

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Just a guess… but I’m pretty sure we’ll still be here when it comes out.

(edited by MFoy.3284)

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I don’t want it to come if port patch breaks Guardian’s Sword #2. Sword builds will be completely unviable. Distance closers with teleport is all we had.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Nice!

So glad I can remote into my computer from work and download this lol.

I’m so happy about the “no more wvw for completion” that I’ve actually started map clearing gain. Oh happy day!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Well then. Looks like it’s time for me to reinstall Windows on my laptop…

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I see they didn’t decide to go through with the removal of WvW from world completion. A pity.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Just a flesh wound.3589

Nice!

So glad I can remote into my computer from work and download this lol.

I’m so happy about the “no more wvw for completion” that I’ve actually started map clearing gain. Oh happy day!

PvEers: “O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!” They chortled in their joy.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

It’s live and we hope you like it!! I think you’ll enjoy the tasty morsels.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Link.4039

Link.4039

I see they didn’t decide to go through with the removal of WvW from world completion. A pity.

Uh..
“WvW map completion is no longer a requirement for a character to achieve World Completion, and these maps no longer award map completion rewards.”

Posted by: Vyncy.2735

Vyncy.2735

I am very disappointed they didn’t include restoration of greatest fear plotline and promised fixes and updates for personal story lv70 and lv80

Like personal story is not important and how stability is used and if www maps offer map completion is more important then personal story ???

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I am very disappointed they didn’t include restoration of greatest fear plotline and promised fixes and updates for personal story lv70 and lv80

Like personal story is not important and how stability is used and if www maps offer map completion is more important then personal story ???

Please read Bobby Stein’s recent posts on this subject. The changes were never planned for this build but they are very much on the to do list.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

lordkrall.7241

So they should postpone all changes until the change you find most important is ready?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Previous

Gaile Gray

Uh..
“WvW map completion is no longer a requirement for a character to achieve World Completion, and these maps no longer award map completion rewards.”

Thanks. I was just going to point that out. . I think we’re good on this.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PookieDaWombat.6209

So, let me get some clarification here: Stacks of stability can be countered now by what again? Just boon stripping as usual or any condi?

If its any condi, then I see a good amount of thieves that normally ran Dagger Storm getting a might miffed. hehe

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Anet should have released this update at a later date. Even with the extra week given for QA this is possibly the most bugged patch Anet has released (it is at least on par with some of the LS1 bugged content releases).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

lordkrall.7241

^ CCs, so I would assume one instance of Chilled/Cripple/Immobilize/Daze/Stun/Knockback/Pull will remove one stack of Stability.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

Anet should have released this update at a later date. Even with the extra week given for QA this is possibly the most bugged patch Anet has released (it is at least on par with some of the LS1 bugged content releases).

What is so buggy with it?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

How big is the patch? My client is stuck at 99% at 910 MB. And from there it has now downloaded an additional 120 MB and is still continuing to download at 99%. So something is wrong 100 out of 1000 MB is not 1% for a start!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

How big is the patch? My client is stuck at 99% at 910 MB. And from there it has now downloaded an additional 110 MB and is still continuing to download at 99%. So something is wrong 100 out of 1000 MB is not 1% for a start!

The patcher percentage is based on number of files, not the size of the download.

So if it has to patch 100 files and 99 of them are done, it’ll report 99% completed, even if all of those files are tiny and the last one is 500gb.

GoldenTruth.2853

What is so buggy with it?

- Guild Chat doesn’t work for 1/2 the guilds
- 50% vote threshold doesn’t work
- Guardian Aegis blocks First Person Camera
- Items over character head block First Person Camera when running
- Sound bugs (on both skills and dialogue)
- Loading Screen is pushed up like the camera (so 1/3 of screen is black)
- Report a bug is messed up

Edit:
- FPS drops
- Sluggish Camera Rotation
- Changing Reward Track crashes game
- Can’t buy traits
- Minimap has a gap (which causes points to go over the screen)

Probably more, but that’s all that I currently know

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

How big is the patch? My client is stuck at 99% at 910 MB. And from there it has now downloaded an additional 110 MB and is still continuing to download at 99%. So something is wrong 100 out of 1000 MB is not 1% for a start!

The patcher percentage is based on number of files, not the size of the download.

So if it has to patch 100 files and 99 of them are done, it’ll report 99% completed, even if all of those files are tiny and the last one is 500gb.

Well! This is highly irregular. This little patch has well passed the 1 GB of codes download. This has never happened before as far as I can recall.

Edit: the danger of it all is the client went playable in the middle of this extended download by all appearances.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

lordkrall.7241

And most of those would probably still have happened no matter how many weeks they spent on QA, since they could very well be stuff that turned up when the build was added to live as opposed to the testing servers.

Several of those aren’t really bugs either I would say. And very few of them is actually effecting the game in any real way.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Leodious.5671

Leodious.5671

I’m more than content to suffer a few minor bugs to get first-person view, finally. It’s a huge quality of life for me, and I’m sure many other people, as is a field-of-view option.

GoldenTruth.2853

- Items over character head block First Person Camera when running

Edit:
- FPS drops
- Sluggish Camera Rotation
- Changing Reward Track crashes game
- Can’t buy traits

And most of those would probably still have happened no matter how many weeks they spent on QA, since they could very well be stuff that turned up when the build was added to live as opposed to the testing servers.

Several of those aren’t really bugs either I would say. And very few of them is actually effecting the game in any real way.

Kind of wish you would stop white knighting at some point and actually give Anet constructive criticism. So which aren’t bugs?

Recently Anet has been very good at releasing content with little to no bugs, which implies they have a fair amount of control over bugs in QA. We know that Anet needed more time to release this patch (since they had to push it back a week from their original plans) which may mean they were somewhat rushed on this release.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Yeah that’s why they postponed the patch, didn’t they? To not fix the bugs that can occur no matter what. Genius thoughts I’ve ever read from you.

Posted by: Fiasco.3501

Fiasco.3501

Yeah that’s why they postponed the patch, didn’t they? To not fix the bugs that can occur no matter what. Genius thoughts I’ve ever read from you.

I don’t think they would purposefully release a patch with such blatantly obvious bugs. And it’s not like they can make it perfect. There’s so many moving parts that stuff is bound to go wrong when releasing a patch especially major ones like the camera change.