Nightmare cowl... is not a nightmare cowl?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Yeah so I just bought a rare Nightmare cowl from the vendor to transmute my existing mask and instead of getting the head piece from this:

http://wac.7725.edgecastcdn.net/807725/website/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/TA-Light.jpg

I get THIS. (Which is now just a plain old cabalist hood minus my heritage mask). Now am I mistaken, or are dungeon tokens traded for dungeon armor? Because this is NOT dungeon armor. I wasted 60 tokens on the head and shoulders, AND a fine transmutation stone on armor I can get anywhere.

So… Will I be getting a refund of tokens and my stone? Or will I be getting an actual nightmare cowl?

Attachments:

Elyl Jrend

ophidic.1279

I can’t help but notice all the icons for the rare armor are wrong… surely this is some kind of joke right? You couldn’t possibly be peddling that nonsense at the dungeon vendors, and if you are, I expect my tokens and the fine transmutation stone I paid for with actual money refunded because labeling a cabalist hood as “nightmare cowl” is VERY VERY misleading.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Er… to your credit, tons of people have made this mistake before you, and it is entirely ANets fault that they still haven’t fixed it in the last six months, but they’re probably still not going to refund you anyway. Sorry

When purchasing dungeon armor, there are two tabs, one is rare armor with a generic skin and a dungeon sigil on it, and the second tab is the actual dungeon armor. You apparently purchased from the first tab.

ophidic.1279

Wow that is totally useless. Why on earth would anyone buy regular armor with dungeon tokens? No wonder every single armor has been previewing as a cabalist set.

Regardless… anet… and I am now addressing you directly… Your dungeon traders are VERY misleading. I expect a refund of either my tokens and stone, or fix my armor’s appearance.

I don’t think this is too much to ask. I checked TA’s armor’s appearance over and over and I decided that your vendors must have been glitching, but apparently this was just poor planing and oversight.

Normally I’m not one to insist on a refund for something of this nature, but I feel quite cheated by your misleading labeling. I frequently spend money on gems for frivolous items, but depending on how this is addressed I may or may not reconsider that spending.

Elyl Jrend

(edited by ophidic.1279)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

If you look close the hood and a mask have joined in transmuting, so yes the transmute has failed badly.

I also had a issue with the winged hood and the feather head piece, where they joined, the transmute stones are bugged or the armors are bugged, this needs to be rectified as these are cash shop items..

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I expect a refund of either my tokens and stone, or fix my armor’s appearance.

They don’t do stuff like that, nor do I feel that you’re entitled to it. You bought what you previewed. I really don’t know why you would use your tokens even after seeing that it was just the cabalist set, it seems kind of obvious. What I see here is user error, plain and simple.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Jrunyon.3012)

ophidic.1279

If it stayed merged, I could have gotten used to it, but now it’s just the plain old hood.

Ugh. It’s not even like a HUGE deal, but i’m not very good at nor fond of dungeons and it’s frustrating to have to go AGAIN for more tokens just because the shop is set up idiotically.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Erm, the icons are entirely different than the actual dungeon armor set, and you admit to previewing it before buying, so….no, you don’t merit a refund.

They do need to fix the labeling, certainly, but you bought precisely what you previewed assuming it was a bug and are now raging because the thing you thought was a bug was not actually a bug. That’s a tad ludicrous.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

ophidic.1279

They don’t do stuff like that, nor do I feel that you’re entitled to it. You bought what you previewed. I really don’t know why you would use your tokens even after seeing that it was just the cabalist set, it seems kind of obvious. While I do agree that they should change at least the icons for it, what I see here is user error, plain and simple.

I bought nightmare armor. I didn’t think they’d honestly have that garbage for sale at dungeon traders. It’s not obvious, at all. I have thought the previews were glitching for months, especially when they talked about working on the preview system.

I somehow knew someone would be in here talking about my entitlement. rolleyes

I bought nightmare armor, I did not receive nightmare armor. I received cabalist armor. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Elyl Jrend

ophidic.1279

Erm, the icons are entirely different than the actual dungeon armor set, and you admit to previewing it before buying, so….no, you don’t merit a refund.

They do need to fix the labeling, certainly, but you bought precisely what you previewed assuming it was a bug and are now raging because the thing you thought was a bug was not actually a bug. That’s a tad ludicrous.

What’s a tad ludicrous is selling plain old armor for dungeon tokens, and sticking that armor at the top of the list and calling it the same thing as proper dungeon armor

That’s like selling lodestones in gw1 claiming they’re destroyer cores.

I maintain that I am owed a refund, or at least the fine transmutation stone, since I spent actual money on it.

Elyl Jrend

Jrunyon.3012

They don’t do stuff like that, nor do I feel that you’re entitled to it. You bought what you previewed. I really don’t know why you would use your tokens even after seeing that it was just the cabalist set, it seems kind of obvious. While I do agree that they should change at least the icons for it, what I see here is user error, plain and simple.

I bought nightmare armor. I didn’t think they’d honestly have that garbage for sale at dungeon traders. It’s not obvious, at all. I have thought the previews were glitching for months, especially when they talked about working on the preview system.

I somehow knew someone would be in here talking about my entitlement. rolleyes

I bought nightmare armor, I did not receive nightmare armor. I received cabalist armor. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I didn’t talk about a sense of entitlement that you may or may not have, I simply used the word in a sentence, similar to being owed, ya know?

And your logic isn’t correct because you didn’t buy the nightmare armor skin. Last time I checked, the actual exotic armor skins are around 6x the token price of the rare versions.

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

It’s an easy mistake to make when just starting dungeons, but it is a mistake on your end.

I would be fine with a suggestion to ANet that they change the names of the rare versions of the armor. But I do not think a refund is warranted as you had the ability to preview the armor and make a decision.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

ophidic.1279

It’s an easy mistake to make when just starting dungeons, but it is a mistake on your end.

I would be fine with a suggestion to ANet that they change the names of the rare versions of the armor. But I do not think a refund is warranted as you had the ability to preview the armor and make a decision.

It’s misleading as hell. If this was a product from a store, I would be entitled to a lawsuit. Since it’s an online item, i’m entitled to other forum goers insisting i’m behaving entitled.

Elyl Jrend

Jrunyon.3012

It’s misleading as hell. If this was a product from a store, I would be entitled to a lawsuit.

Do you sue Great Value brand every time you buy their corn flakes expecting it to taste like Kellog’s corn flakes?

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

So, because you didn’t see the second tab and instead just bought the first one, it’s Arena Net’s fault? Should they have sat next to you and deliberately pointed out the second tab? What more would you expect them to do beyond having the tabs at the side of the screen like they do?

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

It’s misleading as hell. If this was a product from a store, I would be entitled to a lawsuit. Since it’s an online item, i’m entitled to other forum goers insisting i’m behaving entitled.

with the preview function its not really all that misleading dude.

its not like you couldn’t see that what you were buying was not what you wanted

Posted by: Kid Taylor.5479

Kid Taylor.5479

I really do not think that the company should be responsible for the user’s mistakes.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I know the preview pane can be glitchy in some cases. For example, the Priory weapons don’t show their glass effects in the preview window, but I do know that almost every armor skin I have previewed, it has always looked like the armor that I would eventually wear. I know that much is true.

With that said, the naming of the armor is a bit misleading. I’ll agree with that much information. So if something doesn’t seem to look right, it’s always a good idea to ask questions, because jumping right in might get you burned. In this case, 60 tokens.

If you really want to dispute this, there’s always the Bug Report and Account Issues forum. Not sure if you’ll get far, but if nothing happens, at least you learned something from all of this mess.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

ophidic.1279

It’s misleading as hell. If this was a product from a store, I would be entitled to a lawsuit.

Do you sue Great Value brand every time you buy their corn flakes expecting it to taste like Kellog’s corn flakes?

No, but they also have their products labeled properly.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Wow that is totally useless. Why on earth would anyone buy regular armor with dungeon tokens? No wonder every single armor has been previewing as a cabalist set.

Regardless… anet… and I am now addressing you directly… Your dungeon traders are VERY misleading. I expect a refund of either my tokens and stone, or fix my armor’s appearance.

I don’t think this is too much to ask. I checked TA’s armor’s appearance over and over and I decided that your vendors must have been glitching, but apparently this was just poor planing and oversight.

Normally I’m not one to insist on a refund for something of this nature, but I feel quite cheated by your misleading labeling. I frequently spend money on gems for frivolous items, but depending on how this is addressed I may or may not reconsider that spending.

I buy regular armor with dungeon tokens….

Wanna know why? Cause I just salvage them for ectos. Didn’t think of that now did ya?

ophidic.1279

I know the preview pane can be glitchy in some cases. For example, the Priory weapons don’t show their glass effects in the preview window, but I do know that almost every armor skin I have previewed, it has always looked like the armor that I would eventually wear. I know that much is true.

With that said, the naming of the armor is a bit misleading. I’ll agree with that much information. So if something doesn’t seem to look right, it’s always a good idea to ask questions, because jumping right in might get you burned. In this case, 60 tokens.

If you really want to dispute this, there’s always the Bug Report and Account Issues forum. Not sure if you’ll get far, but if nothing happens, at least you learned something from all of this mess.

Well I thought I was doing well by checking a bunch of websites and nowhere did it say “oh by the way don’t buy the rare armor because it’s actually normal garbage”. I KNEW something was up but I couldn’t find anything that mentioned or showed cabalist armor on any galleries.

Oh well, like I said, if they can’t be bothered to fix a ridiculous oversight on their part, either through a refund of tokens, or just changing my armors appearance, then I can’t be bothered to buy any more gems. Plain and simple.

I guess I learned something… but it’s starting to damage my opinion of a company I feel I am quite loyal to. (I know 5 years of GW1 means nothing… but that’s how long I’ve never had a serious issue with GW.)

Good god, I even cut them slack when my personal story was broken and everyone was just tearing into them over that particular mission, but I remained patient.

THIS crosses the line. I’m just thankful I only wasted a few dungeon tokens and not a lot.

Elyl Jrend

ophidic.1279

I buy regular armor with dungeon tokens….

Wanna know why? Cause I just salvage them for ectos. Didn’t think of that now did ya?

Well THERE’s a silver lining I guess.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

So….let me get this straight. You purchased an item that you did not preview, then you used a fine transmutation stone on it -again without even so much as a preview- then you equipped it and discovered that it wasn’t what you wanted? Sounds like a case of ignorance to me. Next time, try before you buy.

Also, FYI, each vendor has a second armor tab.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

ophidic.1279

Well, I guess I better get back to TA and grind up more tokens. You know… since grinding has been “eliminated” from the game…. :P

Elyl Jrend

ophidic.1279

So….let me get this straight. You purchased an item that you did not preview, then you used a fine transmutation stone on it -again without even so much as a preview- then you equipped it and discovered that it wasn’t what you wanted? Sounds like a case of ignorance to me. Next time, try before you buy.

Also, FYI, each vendor has a second armor tab.

You obviously have not read a single thing here. I attributed the dubious preview to them updating the preview system. It made no sense that I could possibly buy cabalist armor from a dungeon vendor.

“Why”, I asked myself, “when you can just get this armor at a vendor elsewhere? This makes no sense why this is like this, or why it’s previewing like this. Oh well, there’s no possible way anet could have regular armor here.”

Elyl Jrend

(edited by ophidic.1279)

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

So you Previewed what you thought was DOOM but looked like Quake and bought it anyway? great judgement call there….

ophidic.1279

Did they sell regular armor at the endgame vendors in GW1? Noooooo.

There’s no logical reason for it to be there. Same with this.

Elyl Jrend

Jrunyon.3012

Well, I guess I better get back to TA and grind up more tokens. You know… since grinding has been “eliminated” from the game…. :P

Wow, so because you messed up and the tokens you got from running the dungeon (at most once or twice, since that’s all you need to do to get any of the rare pieces of armor) got wasted, suddenly everything’s a “grind”?

Nesmee – Thief

ophidic.1279

Wow, so because you messed up and the tokens you got from running the dungeon (at most once or twice, since that’s all you need to do to get any of the rare pieces of armor) got wasted, suddenly everything’s a “grind”?

K, wiseguy. What is doing a thing over and over for loot called? What do you call that? …because I know what I call that. Quit trying to be cute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinding_

“repeatedly kill AI-controlled monsters, using basically the same strategy over again”

Oh gee, that’s not a dungeon AT ALL.

Elyl Jrend

(edited by ophidic.1279)

ophidic.1279

I’m not even mad about the armor anymore because I’m too busy defending my stance on it.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

there is a logical reason for that armor to be there.
in fact it has is not a lv 80 exotic armor but a lv 50 or 55 rare armor for people that want to wear a rare armor at that level but don’t want to craft one, don’t want to buy it in tp or even maybe because they like the stat.
i think it’s not misleading at all, there are 2 tabs and i find strange you didn’t even notice or checked.
btw, you are overreacting on a thing you and only you did wrong.

i perfectly understand your rage, but it can happen you made a simple mistake, you didn’t end the world though. at least you can salvage the armor, run again the dungeon and get over it. 1 run=60 tokens + random tokens from bosses.

about fine transmutation stones… you can find them easily without paying any money with map completions or black lions chest as soon as you drop a key.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Honestly, this is the kind of thing that gets me upset at game companies and their policies. The guy made an honest mistake brought on in part by an item label that makes no sense. Just be a person helping another person out and return the blooms and remove the item from his inventory. Why does it have to be a big deal? And the rest of you who would rather make snarky comments than offer sympathy, I guess you’ve never hoped someone would have your back after a mistake.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

So you Previewed what you thought was DOOM but looked like Quake and bought it anyway? great judgement call there….

Do ANY of you people read the thread? Or are you all just here to be smartasses?

I did and you admitted as much when you said " I checked TA’s armor’s appearance over and over and I decided that your vendors must have been glitching, " . In all that checking you didn’t bother to think that you might just be on the wrong tab or even to ask someone ? That’s not ANETs fault that’s yours .

Jrunyon.3012

Honestly, this is the kind of thing that gets me upset at game companies and their policies. The guy made an honest mistake brought on in part by an item label that makes no sense. Just be a person helping another person out and return the blooms and remove the item from his inventory. Why does it have to be a big deal? And the rest of you who would rather make snarky comments than offer sympathy, I guess you’ve never hoped someone would have your back after a mistake.

Anet has already made their stance on stuff like this very clear. From what they’ve told us, there is no possible way for them to manipulate what a character has in their possession. Trust me, people including myself have lost far more then one run worth of tokens in this game and the answer is the same every time. There is nothing they can do about it. When I make mistakes like this, I call myself an idiot and move on, I don’t make a forum thread calling Anet out for my own mistake and threatening to no longer support the company.

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

The dungeon rares are level appropriate equipment for people who actually run the dungeon at the recommended level. Their price in tokens reflects this… considering you bought 2 pieces of armor for the price of a single run.

The skins are “end game” content… and only exist on the exotic versions of the armors which are available to only level 80 toons. Their price reflects this as well.

You were not misled… there are multiple armors in this game that share the same skin. The nightmare cowl is named for its stats and rune combination, the skin is a secondary attribute of the armor that comes from obtaining the exotic version.

There were many indicators that you were looking at the wrong set of armor. These include but are not limited to the quality tier rare, the level of the armor, the preview, and the price.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

well i’m sorry for him, i get the frustration of not having the item you wanted, i know he made as you say an honest mistake, but asking refunds and being so enraged i think it’s too much.
i’ll be more than happy if he gets though and he should try if he thinks he deserves it, but feeling betrayed by a company just for this is over reacting imo.

that said the two items are different in many aspects, price, colour, levels and even shape… so even if one of the name is similar, one is yellow, the other one is orange, one is labelled exotic lv 80 the other one not and on top of this you can preview both.
it’s easier to think the game is wrong and not you doing something wrong?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

ophidic.1279

…but what’s the point in a rare lvl 55 armor that looks like every other blue armor?! That’s completely illogical. Isn’t it?

I dunno, I’m getting the sense here that “yes it’s dumb but wtf are you gonna do…” so I guess there’s no point in repeating myself over and over.

ANET: Fix plox. It’s confusing and no one wants low level rare regular skinned armor. That’s like having a Porsche moped.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Voxdeus.1034

Voxdeus.1034

But it IS labelled properly. The stats you see are the stats you get when you equip it.

You previewed the way it looks, and it looks just like the preview.

You’re saying that they’re responsible because you didn’t expect that armor to be there, but why wouldn’t you?

Honestly, it sucks that you wasted transmute stones and tokens. It doesn’t make me happy to see that you got something other than what you expected, but that WAS your error.

The other day I accidentally bought diet dr pepper when I meant to buy regular dr pepper. I didn’t go ask for a refund, nor did I accuse the gas station of ripping me off. I was sad that I had a product I didn’t really want, but I took my sadness as a memory to help me learn to be more careful in the future.

Better that you learn to pay attention now, playing GW2, than some day when it’s actually important. At least, that’s one positive thing that can come from it.

Posted by: Voxdeus.1034

Voxdeus.1034

…but what’s the point in a rare lvl 55 armor that looks like every other blue armor?! That’s completely illogical. Isn’t it?

I dunno, I’m getting the sense here that “yes it’s dumb but wtf are you gonna do…” so I guess there’s no point in repeating myself over and over.

ANET: Fix plox. It’s confusing and no one wants low level rare regular skinned armor. That’s like having a Porsche moped.

But lots of people DO want that armor, either because it’s level appropriate, or because it can be salvaged for mats.

ophidic.1279

Wow, someone actually wasn’t a snark. I’m amazed!
I was starting to think that no one sympathized with anyone on these forums.

Elyl Jrend

ophidic.1279

But it IS labelled properly. The stats you see are the stats you get when you equip it.

You previewed the way it looks, and it looks just like the preview.

You’re saying that they’re responsible because you didn’t expect that armor to be there, but why wouldn’t you?

Honestly, it sucks that you wasted transmute stones and tokens. It doesn’t make me happy to see that you got something other than what you expected, but that WAS your error.

The other day I accidentally bought diet dr pepper when I meant to buy regular dr pepper. I didn’t go ask for a refund, nor did I accuse the gas station of ripping me off. I was sad that I had a product I didn’t really want, but I took my sadness as a memory to help me learn to be more careful in the future.

Better that you learn to pay attention now, playing GW2, than some day when it’s actually important. At least, that’s one positive thing that can come from it.

I guess in their mind it’s labeled properly… but as far as I can remember, the names were always reflections of the styles of armor, so this is the first and only instance of this ever happening in my knowledge in the history of guild wars…. so I feel that it’s breaking the system of [prefix] XStyle armor [suffix].

I suppose that’s what I get for having confidence in the system AMIRITE?! haha. :P

Elyl Jrend

ophidic.1279

But lots of people DO want that armor, either because it’s level appropriate, or because it can be salvaged for mats.

Still makes little sense to me, but I never care much about what I’ve got on til I hit max level. I suppose some midrange characters like the rare stats since they’re a bit more. :P

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

I guess in their mind it’s labeled properly… but as far as I can remember, the names were always reflections of the styles of armor, so this is the first and only instance of this ever happening in my knowledge in the history of guild wars…. so I feel that it’s breaking the system of [prefix] XStyle armor [suffix].

I suppose that’s what I get for having confidence in the system AMIRITE?! haha. :P

Dungeon armor is a named set of armor. Like Jatoro’s or Zhed’s or Yakkington’s and does not share the nomenclature of non-named sets.

ophidic.1279

Dungeon armor is a named set of armor. Like Jatoro’s or Zhed’s or Yakkington’s and does not share the nomenclature of non-named sets.

Nothin’ quite like being annoyed AND feeling dumb at the same time. sigh o_o

Well, back at ’er I guess. Hopefully my mistake saves someone else the confusion.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

In my time running dungeons I have:

1) Bought armour with the wrong stat combination
2) Made the same mistake as the OP and bought two pieces of rare armour before I knew about the second tab
3) Bought medium armour for my warrior
4) My finger spasmed causing (3) to happen again.
5) Bought an entire armour set for a character I decided not to level.

What did I do about all of these mistakes? I swore at the game, I got annoyed, I rage quit….I accepted that all of the above were MY mistake. Since (5) ive made 100% sure that what I buy is what I want and havent had an issue. Learn from the mistake and move on…and this is coming from someone who has wasted 1500+ (mainly) TA tokens.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

ophidic.1279

In my time running dungeons I have:

1) Bought armour with the wrong stat combination
2) Made the same mistake as the OP and bought two pieces of rare armour before I knew about the second tab
3) Bought medium armour for my warrior
4) My finger spasmed causing (3) to happen again.
5) Bought an entire armour set for a character I decided not to level.

What did I do about all of these mistakes? I swore at the game, I got annoyed, I rage quit….I accepted that all of the above were MY mistake. Since (5) ive made 100% sure that what I buy is what I want and havent had an issue. Learn from the mistake and move on…and this is coming from someone who has wasted 1500+ (mainly) TA tokens.

Ok, well now that I know it’s SUPPOSED to be like that…. I was so certain something was wrong. :P

God. I remember finishing factions only to notice I brought my money, but forgot my crafting materials in my storage, so I couldn’t buy endgame armor. Haha that stank. =/

I still like that cabalist armor, because it reminds me of Dervishes from #1, but i’m getting sooo tired of it.

I had a snappy little suit made from pieces of plain old regular armor in gw1 that I wish I could have in this game…

Attachments:

Elyl Jrend

(edited by ophidic.1279)

critickitten.1498

What’s a tad ludicrous is selling plain old armor for dungeon tokens, and sticking that armor at the top of the list and calling it the same thing as proper dungeon armor

I maintain that I am owed a refund, or at least the fine transmutation stone, since I spent actual money on it.

Dungeon armor has unique icons and unique appearances. Shy of just not paying attention, it’s rather hard to miss the difference, especially with the preview option available.

You yourself admit to previewing the item and buying it anyways, thinking it was a bug. You could have asked around in the forums about it, but you decided to buy it anyways. I’m sorry, it’s unfortunate that you were fooled, but that is an error you made. I don’t blame others for my own errors.

And frankly, being nasty with everyone who doesn’t think you’re “entitled” to a refund isn’t going to make many people inclined to feel sorry for you, either. Especially when you’re in this thread complaining about how you’re about ready to quit the game over such a simple mistake.

No, you’re not “entitled” to a refund, and I don’t think ANet’s devs could give you one anyways. Nor do I really think they should. It’s an unfortunate mistake but it is your mistake. I don’t disagree that the armor should probably be renamed or just given the correct art and icons (rather than generic armor designs, which honestly baffles me), but this “refund or else I quit the game” business is nonsense.

ophidic.1279

Dungeon armor has unique icons and unique appearances. Shy of just not paying attention, it’s rather hard to miss the difference, especially with the preview option available.

You yourself admit to previewing the item and buying it anyways, thinking it was a bug. You could have asked around in the forums about it, but you decided to buy it anyways. I’m sorry, it’s unfortunate that you were fooled, but that is an error you made. I don’t blame others for my own errors.

And frankly, being nasty with everyone who doesn’t think you’re “entitled” to a refund isn’t going to make many people inclined to feel sorry for you, either. Especially when you’re in this thread complaining about how you’re about ready to quit the game over such a simple mistake.

No, you’re not “entitled” to a refund, and I don’t think ANet’s devs could give you one anyways. Nor do I really think they should. It’s an unfortunate mistake but it is your mistake. I don’t disagree that the armor should probably be renamed or just given the correct art and icons (rather than generic armor designs, which honestly baffles me), but this “refund or else I quit the game” business is nonsense.

Yeah ok, great. Read the thread. I did a bunch of looking around, but it obviously wasn’t adequate. Yeah it’s my mistake, but at the time I was certain there was something stupid going on.

Secondly, a lot of people are jerks for no real particular reason. Any problem anyone has ever is met with resistance, and usually everyone is parroting the exact same things about entitlement and how you should have asked the forums.

When playing, I consult a number of sites, including wiki, and it shouldn’t be necessary to contact the forums about every mundane aspect of the game. There’s a few examples where the game jerks you around… transferring servers and losing all your guild rep, the bank and everything in it being a good example. YEAH SURE, you could have asked around on the forums, but any normal person would assume that stuff would come with you. Yes, it’s still on THAT server waiting for you, but what good is that?

Plus where did I say I was going to quit the game? Can you quote me on that? I think I said something about not buying gems anymore for frivolous items, but what woud I play if I quit GW2? Diablo 3? HA. No thank you.

Elyl Jrend

critickitten.1498

Yeah ok, great. Read the thread. I did a bunch of looking around, but it obviously wasn’t adequate. Yeah it’s my mistake, but at the time I was certain there was something stupid going on.

That’s why you look it up or ask before you buy. I always do.

Secondly, a lot of people are jerks for no real particular reason. Any problem anyone has ever is met with resistance, and usually everyone is parroting the exact same things about entitlement and how you should have asked the forums.

That’s because this forum is filled with people who have convinced themselves that the game is without flaw, and that everyone who doesn’t think this way is obviously just trying to ruin the game.

Don’t be rude to everyone because of a few people in this forum who aren’t very helpful.

When playing, I consult a number of sites, including wiki, and it shouldn’t be necessary to contact the forums about every mundane aspect of the game. There’s a few examples where the game jerks you around… transferring servers and losing all your guild rep, the bank and everything in it being a good example. YEAH SURE, you could have asked around on the forums, but any normal person would assume that stuff would come with you. Yes, it’s still on THAT server waiting for you, but what good is that?

Pretty sure the devs said that would be the case before the game even came out, actually….and it’s listed on the wiki, as well.

Even so, the decision to design guilds this was still surprised me as well. I think the aim was to make it less ideal to bandwagon to another server for a better WvW tier though.

Plus where did I say I was going to quit the game? Can you quote me on that? I think I said something about not buying gems anymore for frivolous items, but what woud I play if I quit GW2? Diablo 3? HA. No thank you.

Generally the only people who make statements like that are people who weren’t shelling out a lot of cash anyways, or are getting ready to quit and are using this rather hollow threat as a form of extortion to try and get the devs to talk them down from the ledge. In either case, you’re not the audience to whom the Cash Shop is intended anyways and they wouldn’t be hurting too badly if they lost your business, so your next natural course of action after not getting what you want would be the only thing left to you: quitting.

Bottom line: don’t make meaningless threats. The devs very likely do not care if you swear never to buy gems, because they’re making enough money on their target audience to fund the game already. All it does is weaken your position and make people even less inclined to sympathize with you.

ophidic.1279

That’s why you look it up or ask before you buy. I always do.

That’s because this forum is filled with people who have convinced themselves that the game is without flaw, and that everyone who doesn’t think this way is obviously just trying to ruin the game.

Don’t be rude to everyone because of a few people in this forum who aren’t very helpful.

Pretty sure the devs said that would be the case before the game even came out, actually….and it’s listed on the wiki, as well.

Even so, the decision to design guilds this was still surprised me as well. I think the aim was to make it less ideal to bandwagon to another server for a better WvW tier though.

Generally the only people who make statements like that are people who weren’t shelling out a lot of cash anyways, or are getting ready to quit and are using this rather hollow threat as a form of extortion to try and get the devs to talk them down from the ledge. In either case, you’re not the audience to whom the Cash Shop is intended anyways and they wouldn’t be hurting too badly if they lost your business, so your next natural course of action after not getting what you want would be the only thing left to you: quitting.

Bottom line: don’t make meaningless threats. The devs very likely do not care if you swear never to buy gems, because they’re making enough money on their target audience to fund the game already. All it does is weaken your position and make people even less inclined to sympathize with you.

Wow, you are very dense. I DO look things up before I buy them usually, same in this case, just I didn’t understand correctly.

Yes I am aware the game has flaws. No i’m not being rude to everyone, just people on their high “shoulda looked it up” horses.

We’ve established that I made a mistake. I thought I looked at enough pages of armor. There were no names, just twilight arbor armor. I dunno, I expected to get the armor in the picture, regardless of rare or exotic, and thought the icons/preview was just incorrect.

I was not aware of the server change thing myself. I managed to deal with that just fine because I looked it up to see if it was a glitch, and oh hay… it was not. Oops. Yeah you’re right…. it’s probably to further discourage wvw team jumping.

Oh, i’m not the target audience of the cash shop huh? How assumptive of you. I’ve only spent 2-3 times the cost of the game in the cash shop, but hey what does that matter, i’m not the target demographic of the cash shop. AND BRO… I never ever threatened to quit. I’m not quitting! I LOVE guild wars. I just thought I was getting snaked on some glitchy vendor, so I was mad.

…and why wouldn’t a company not care if it’s customers plan to stop spending additional money? That’s just bad business. I know every whim can’t be catered to, but I mean we’re dealing with virtual items here and there’s no cost to produce those. I got an Ancient Karka shell and a 20 slot box for missing the chest.

Elyl Jrend