No Laurels for PvP players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

Or something? Laurells not available for pvp players. Sure you want us to go out and explore but really? Not even 1 achieve available with 1 laurell as reward? Buhu…

Xifix | Thief

Posted by: Wouter.4715

Wouter.4715

You can’t get karma from PvP either. What’s the problem ?

- laurels are used for PvE items, it has no use for pvp players whatsoever

Wouter
Council of Deus eX Machina[DxM]
Gunnars Hold

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Why would pvp players need laurels?

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

exactly, Anet doesn’t consider WvW PvP, so I don’t see the issue assuming you are referring to sPvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’ll say it again. Those minis and unid dyes aren’t pve nor pvp. Pvp players should atleast get a specific laurel vendor with atleast those 2 things in it.

I mean…why not?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I have to agree.

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

PvP players are like the house dog that watches you eat. Anet will pass out the 3 course meal to the family and make sure to tell everyone, “Don’t feed the PvP players, it will just make them continue to beg”

Also, we may hump your leg.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

Posted by: Reldnahc.7451

Reldnahc.7451

I didn’t realize PvP only players still played. You have a great tenacity.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Is it really that bad doing a little wvw :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

felivear.1536

I have been called a masochist.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Gems, Gold, Karma, Glory Points, Laurels, Dungeon Tokens, Fractal Tokens. This is too much for me to handle. It feels messy and clunky. I wish they come up with a more unified, cleaner system than this. It’s chaos!

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Xenth.2408

Xenth.2408

boohoo. They added something to the game that doesn’t benefit you. Didn’t they also add new pvp stuff that doesn’t benefit those of us that prefer PVE/WVW?

Big deal!

felivear.1536

boohoo. They added something to the game that doesn’t benefit you. Didn’t they also add new pvp stuff that doesn’t benefit those of us that prefer PVE/WVW?

Big deal!

Yep, we got colored background for our action bars. Jealous?

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Look, the PvP players are already messing up the class balancing with their whining, ruining any decent PVE build and stopping the classes on the lower end of PvE usefulness from getting the buffs/fixes they need. Can’t PvEers have some things too?

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Have spvps gotten a stat boost since asended has been released?

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

this thread smells like “pvpers trolling a.net”

felivear.1536

There isn’t a single way for me to get glory in PvE, why doesn’t Anet care about us?!?

Glory is a currency to buy items that are relegated to only being used in The Heart of the Mists. Those items are cosmetic upgrades of stuff. You already have the gear, with stats, and a much easier way to get them if you don’t. You have no idea what you are talking about.

felivear.1536

Look, the PvP players are already messing up the class balancing with their whining, ruining any decent PVE build and stopping the classes on the lower end of PvE usefulness from getting the buffs/fixes they need. Can’t PvEers have some things too?

You have your jumping puzzles. I’m sure most of you love that stuff.

felivear.1536

btw, I know spell X may seem normal while casting on a stationary mob that does 1 type of attack and you can chase it around in a circle; however, in PvP due to the complexity and dynamic nature of combat, some moves need to be reworked.

Levetty.1279

They call it PvP but it is really just a bunch of people sat in the PvP sub forums crying that everything they can’t auto attack to death is OP.

felivear.1536

They call it PvP but it is really just a bunch of people sat in the PvP sub forums crying that everything they can’t auto attack to death is OP.

lol, meanwhile something gets changed because of PvP and you PvErs cry foul because “that stationary mob that I used to be able to kill while eating my sandwhich and watching netflix actually causes me use my keyboard too. This is A JOKE!”

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

There isn’t a single way for me to get glory in PvE, why doesn’t Anet care about us?!?

Glory is a currency to buy items that are relegated to only being used in The Heart of the Mists. Those items are cosmetic upgrades of stuff. You already have the gear, with stats, and a much easier way to get them if you don’t. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Are you kidding me? The same thing can be said about Laurels and PvE…. There is no reason why a PvPer would need anything that the vendor sells, just like a PvEer doesn’t need anything from sPvP vendors.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

Levetty.1279

lol, meanwhile something gets changed because of PvP and you PvErs cry foul because “that stationary mob that I used to be able to kill while eating my sandwhich and watching netflix actually causes me use my keyboard too. This is A JOKE!”

See what I mean? They have been gone from the game and sat on the forum for so long that they no longer know how the game plays or how to act civil.

felivear.1536

See what I mean? They have been gone from the game and sat on the forum for so long that they no longer know how the game plays or how to act civil.

I still play the game regularly and have many many hours in this game. Also, you commented first in the thread calling PvPers whiners, and then say people calling you a whiner can’t act civil. I like you, you’re neat.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I don’t think that this is necessarily ANet excluding “pvp players,” but more like certain players excluding PvE. If you do absolutely nothing but PvP, and that makes you happy, then that’s your choice to make. But, this is a game where structured PvP is just one of many important pieces. They don’t bend over backwards to design their reward systems for people who play only structured PvP exclusively, nor am I convinced that they should. A balanced approach is going to be the most rewarding overall — and I hate to tell you, but PvP and PvE are not equal halves. PvE is simply a much bigger part of the game, as is the case for most MMORPGs.

Aeranima.2853

Are you kidding me? The same thing can be said about Laurels and PvE…. There is no reason why a PvPer would need anything that the vendor sells, just like a PvEer doesn’t need anything from sPvP vendors.

Now, here are you wrong. You’re in desperate need of prestige vendors in the mists because the starting gear is just horrible.

Xifix | Thief

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

That is a valid question, why do pure sPvP players need laurels to begin with …

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t see any reason to call PVPers whiners. I’m sure many PVPers never even go to forums, and the biggest percentage of them lurk, just like in any other forum. I’m a PVe’er and I have friends who are PVPers who don’t whine nearly as much as I do. lol

But the real answer to the question is that the PVP patch is coming in February, and that will have stuff for you guys. No reason to give you this stuff, when you’ll have your own stuff in a month or so.

Aeranima.2853

That is a valid question, why do pure sPvP players need laurels to begin with …

I do pve too. Already got world completion once. But oke I’ll answer your Q.

We need something else than 5 maps, endless glory grind for prestige gear out of reach. Me and my lads have been playing to Rank 40+ now and prestige gear is close enough. R50+. Just taking a few months to get there. So Laurells for us would be nice. Even if they only unlock dyes in the mists.

Xifix | Thief

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

It would have been neat if there were pvp only laurels from pvp dailies, with a vendor in the mists that had cosmetic pvp stuff you could buy with laurels.

Like more fancy stomps or armor skins or tournament tickets or whatever.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Well i see it this way you got pvp in the monthly which suposed to give you 10 laurels for completion what about us people that totally dont want to pvp we will never see that 10 laurels. I say people that like pvp have it better in my oppinion.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I did four of the five parts of the daily in WvW yesterday, only popping back to LA to craft for a few seconds to get the last part.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Ok maybe they need to add dyes to the glory vendor. I mainly wvw and can earn my daily there so even thou I pvp it’s different. Spvp has a currency and it wouldn’t hurt to have some dyes and minis that could be earned with glory.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Have spvps gotten a stat boost since asended has been released?

Why would you need stats boost, you are all on equal ground in sPvP…!?

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Now, here are you wrong. You’re in desperate need of prestige vendors in the mists because the starting gear is just horrible.

How am I wrong? You already get gear from PvP dailies/monthlies, Glory, AND for ranking up.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

If you do any pve, you will get the dailies, if you give it a little thought you can do it in the same zone (waypoint costs are never an excuse)

If you don’t do pve you don’t need laurels.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

The cost would have to change because now people would be able to farm 2 a day instead of 1. So however Anet figured it, chances are, stuff would have to go up in price.

I think a second reward system should be made for PvP. It’ll be just like the laurels, except only for a new PvP vendor. For the new vendor, all of the armor and skins you can get from tournament chests would now be available.

PvP has a separate daily system, so if it had a reward system, then it shouldn’t be the same as PvE. Endless Mystery Cat Tonic shouldn’t be cut nearly in half because people can get two laurels day.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I want PvE finishers. Rabbit finish that undead chicken, oh yeah.
Ha! No problem, but you get your own, not nice laurels, a thorn crown me thinks. Because PvP is tough. Now excuse me, I have to mentally prepare myself and get ready to try and obtain that masquerade skin for my necro. Don’t hurt me please?

No seriously, I think every way should be viable, but I agree with Blackmoon that not the same currency should be used. Just look at us PvE players as guinea pigs. Once the system is properly tested you’ll get the working solution right away.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Levetty.1279

Highlighted for being the dumbest sentence I’ve ever read

• But because the skill level of the general PvP player is low and we have Portal, Mesmers have got a reputation for being some god tier OP class and that reputation has somehow seeped over to PvE even though it is the worst class in open world PvE and only brought to dungeons for boon stripping/portal/Time Warp.

Oh man, that whole post. I could barely catch my breath after reading it.
Thanks for that.

Oh yeah that definitely proves what I said wrong. Mesmers are the best that is why you don’t see all Guardian/Warrior groups.

VOLKON.1290

• But because the skill level of the general PvP player is low and we have Portal, Mesmers have got a reputation for being some god tier OP class and that reputation has somehow seeped over to PvE even though it is the worst class in open world PvE and only brought to dungeons for boon stripping/portal/Time Warp.

Thanks for that.

Oh yeah that definitely proves what I said wrong. Mesmers are the best that is why you don’t see all Guardian/Warrior groups.

You don’t see all Guardian/Warrior groups. You see all Mesmer groups making you think you’re seeing all Guardian/Warrior groups.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: SirSliceALot.2065

SirSliceALot.2065

In this thread: Whining about whiners.

(forgot my smiley face to let people know I was kidding)

(edited by SirSliceALot.2065)

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

What we can take away from this thread: PVPers and PVEers alike whine like babies on this forum.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Aisa.2817

Aisa.2817

Wow…. I have to agree with Awesome here.

I have to say that I would feel the same if PVP got their own dailies; I barely even stomach WvW for the monthlies. Playing against other players is just not for me.

Give me coffee or give me…. Screw it. Just give me coffee.

http://epicstory.herobo.com

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Thanks for that.

Mesmers are godly in PvE. I don’t know what you are going on about. Not only are they beasts at soloing, but they are ALWAYS wanted in dungeons. They bring incredible utility to groups and offers amazing boons like timewarp. In fact, speed runs are designed with at least one mesmer involved to go along with the warriors and guardians.

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Yet more PvP/PvE segregation. I remember a game where these two co-existed in complete harmony.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Levetty.1279

Thanks for that.

Mesmers are godly in PvE. I don’t know what you are going on about. Not only are they beasts at soloing, but they are ALWAYS wanted in dungeons. They bring incredible utility to groups and offers amazing boons like timewarp. In fact, speed runs are designed with at least one mesmer involved to go along with the warriors and guardians.

In my own words only brought to dungeons for boon stripping/portal/Time Warp

I’d like to be a full class in dungeons, not a gimmick utility provider. Especially not utilities that are the most requested to be nerfed by the PvP community.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Anet needs to rethink daily and monthly rewards under the ‘play it your way’ credo. Right now you can’t play it your way and get both rewards, well, unless you are playing it their way—oh, happy coincidence! In a game reward should come from active play of the game not play according to any prescriptive formula.

VOLKON.1290

Thanks for that.

In my own words only brought to dungeons for boon stripping/portal/Time Warp

I’d like to be a full class in dungeons, not a gimick utility provider.

If you think that’s all mesmers offer it’s obvious you’re not familiar with the profession. There are more ways to do damage than to simply do damage.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: RanTiannai.1592

RanTiannai.1592

What i’ve gleaned from this thread is you want special treatment for choosing not to play a large chunk of the game.

Aeranima.2853

Would it be much to ask of you guys to keep yourself to the topic? It’s fine sharing your personal opinions but debating over the same subject is unhealthy for this thread and will probably force it to be closed. So please, post your thoughts and leave it there. And no offensive replies please!

Xifix | Thief