No Repair Costs = Rewarding Unskillful Play

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The things I dislike most in party and group events are people who constantly go through the downed-rally-downed-rally-dead cycle. Which is not that uncommon, especially in suboptimal PuGs, especially in places like mid-level fractals or Living Story group events.

Source? Zee meta of berserker’s builds which do not always work when party is not coordinated enough to provide enough DpS to finish the fight fast or enough support to carry glass canons, paired with lack of personal skill to survive with such a build.

Result? Lying dead half of the fight making your party finish for you, or wiping and retrying stacking X times, or spending X tries to finish the dredge fractal with some of your party members totally naked by that moment.

Current state? If you die, you know you will be punished; it may not be a lot, but 1) it is significant for new players, 2) it accumulates over time and 3) no matter how small it is, the psychology tells you “it costs”. You understand that staying alive is at least a bit more profitable than not.

After patch? #GOROLLAZERKLOLIDONTCAREIFIDIECAUSEITSFREEYOLO! Translation: there is almost next to no motivation to stay alive in the group fight because as long as you hit the target a couple of times, you get your credit, and your party/the zerg will take care of everything else. So, more people will be eager to risk – new players because it doesn’t cost them money anymore, old players following nerfs to damage. Thus, more glass canons will start playing, more dead body will start falling, more content will turn into discontent to players who’re tired of spending half of the fight reviving downed zerkers and wiping in process.

TL;DR: removal of repair costs is a step away from “facilitating friendly play” and “build diversity”.

EDIT: hypothetical figures to illustrate the consequences:

• If I run around doing 10 world boss events and pres per day and get 2s per each, then it accumulates into 6g per month.
  • If they nerf it to 1.5s, I’ll get 4.5g.
  • If someone dies 1 time per hour and spends 1 hour on these 10 events, he used to lose 0.45g from it; so after nerf, he’ll be effectively missing -1.05g.
  • If someone dies 4 times per hour and spends 1 hour on these 10 events, he used to lose 1.80g from it; so after nerf, he’ll be effectively getting +0.30g.
20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Are you serious that someone has ever upped their gameplay because of repair costs? Those few silver coins?

This will have exactly zero impact on Level 80 characters. The baddies will still be lying flat on their back and the good ones will still be pulling their weight.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Don’t you still have to pay for teleport fees? I can tell you that if you go down in Tequalt/Wurm fights no one is going to res you.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you play with random people via LFG tool or LFG spam in chat, you have little control over what you get. Rather than complain about how others play, perhaps you should make contacts who meet your standards and play with them. If you want a skilled party, work to find one, don’t expect LFG to hand it to you with no effort.

That said, I’m with Tom. If someone is not motivated to improve their play, no death penalty will be enough to entice them to improve.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

No offence but if you gonna go stack in a corner doing bosses like that what do you expect people gonna die. Blaming repair costs removal for people that die stacked in a corner is just silly. Heck do the boss the right way and at least try to avoid some of their attacks.

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

give it to me all free! my days of unskillful play will never end! i will stay in that corna all day!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I think it will have the most negative impact in WvW.

In WvW, there is no waypoint fees. Only repair cost.

It keeps psychological warfare which is routing. If they think that the zerg they are in will fail, they’ll flee. If there is only losses if they keep staying, then there is no point in fighting further. It keeps the mentally of “I don’t want to die.”

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Lishtenbird.2814

Are you serious that someone has ever upped their gameplay because of repair costs? Those few silver coins?

This will have exactly zero impact on Level 80 characters. The baddies will still be lying flat on their back and the good ones will still be pulling their weight.

1) There are enough of sub-80 players in Living Story events.
2) Tell me that at level 80 you have never ever walked to a waypoint which was under 30 seconds of traveling instead of waypointing

Don’t you still have to pay for teleport fees? I can tell you that if you go down in Tequalt/Wurm fights no one is going to res you.

1) Not in dungeons/fractals.
2) It never stopped people from lying dead at LS events, because there’s always a noble sole who will try to res you even if it hurts the global goal.

No offence but if you gonna go stack in a corner doing bosses like that what do you expect people gonna die. Blaming repair costs removal for people that die stacked in a corner is just silly. Heck do the boss the right way and at least try to avoid some of their attacks.

- Guys, we do not have enough DpS/heal, let’s just kite Kohler, it’s faster…
- Ah ok, let’s stack and wipe…

If you play with random people via LFG tool or LFG spam in chat, you have little control over what you get. Rather than complain about how others play, perhaps you should make contacts who meet your standards and play with them. If you want a skilled party, work to find one, don’t expect LFG to hand it to you with no effort.

I’m gradually making contacts, but lots of people have their playing time limited to different time slots, so you end up with this problem anyway.

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

Yeah if a person is dragging a team down they should be penalised hence The kick player option and group finder function in game for replacing them mid-dungeon.
The change is about not punishing players wallets for playing the game with a practically insubstantial small amount, their armor I assume will still be broken and down penalty will still apply. The repairs cost was more about economy than punishment

Moral of the story: There will always be players who suck or have no clue what they should be doing, so here’s some suggestions to ease your pain, put requirements on LFG posts, or replace people when they suck, or stop assuming everyone should know all this and take a moment to explain it, help them maybe (just a thought)if it is still driving you mad quit playing with pug teams and do guild stuff which is way more friendly and social

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”

(edited by Phenix Flyer.6724)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Personally, I haven’t repaired since launch. I don’t even know what it costs. I repair about once a month, completely funded by repair canisters from the daily.

In general, the change is good.

The one problem I see is those bad players that lay dead until revived. Now they won’t have to pay any fees, whereas everyone else is going to waypoint. Dead people shouldn’t be revivable imo.

It keeps psychological warfare which is routing. If they think that the zerg they are in will fail, they’ll flee. If there is only losses if they keep staying, then there is no point in fighting further. It keeps the mentally of “I don’t want to die.”

People will still run away because they don’t want to die. It’s only the people that were running away because they didn’t want to risk a fee that will now change their attitude.

Removing the repair fee is a positive for WvW. Having to pay to get zerged was a complaint I saw often. Now more people will be willing to run against the zerg and play kamikaze style.

Lishtenbird.2814

Yeah if a person is dragging a team down they should be penalised hence The kick player option and group finder function in game for replacing them mid-dungeon.
The change is about not punishing players wallets for playing the game with a practically insubstantial small amount, their armor I assume will still be broken and down penalty will still apply. The repairs cost was more about economy than punishment

I don’t like kicking players. I usually won’t kick a person who’s dragging a team down until several fruitless tries; usually I (and players near me, as I’m not running entirely dungeon meta anyway) finish the content regardless of it’s efficiency simply because I know it’s PuGs and I feel bad at kicking people if I haven’t stated any other requirements apart from “80 exp”. So I feel that repair costs worked far better – regular payments for repairing should make people feed bad about dying (especially since they don’t even want to pay those 1.5 silver for sharpening stones and food, let alone omnomberry bars return from which is greater than investment).

Moral of the story: There will always be players who suck or have no clue what they should be doing, so here’s some suggestions to ease your pain, put requirements on LFG posts, or replace people when they suck, or stop assuming everyone should know all this and take a moment to explain it, help them maybe (just a thought)if it is still driving you mad quit playing with pug teams and do guild stuff which is way more friendly and social

I’m not assuming they should know everything, and I offer tips when I can or link forum build discussions, up to explaining mechanics and strategy which I know to new players (because I know I’ll appreciate help in places which I don’t). I’m generally very tolerant and try to be helpful. But still, I liked it that the game told players “you’re probably doing it wrong” by charging them small fees on dying.

Removing the repair fee is a positive for WvW. Having to pay to get zerged was a complaint I saw often. Now more people will be willing to run against the zerg and play kamikaze style.

Well… Makes sense for WvW.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It’s only the people that were running away because they didn’t want to risk a fee that will now change their attitude.

That is the negative.

In real life war, no one kamikaze. No one wants to die.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Well… Makes sense for WvW.

Leeroy Jenkins can now run straight into the enemy zerg without any consequences.

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

This thread is silly.

This will not change the way people play in any major way at all, except possibly in WvW.

Any sensible player isn’t going to go kamikaze into a boss and do a short burst of damage just to die because they don’t have to pay repair costs anymore.

Repair costs weren’t facilitating better play, having to fight a boss again after a time gone wasted was far more of a negative reinforcement than repair costs.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Armor will still be damaged and after enough times you will have to stop and get it repair and that takes either time or a gem paid repair kit. All this change is doing is eliminating the 1.63g for each damaged armor piece.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Repairs will still have to take place, they just won’t cost anything. Armor will still break. People don’t fix it they die more often. Don’t like how they’re playing in your dungeon? Kick them out and find someone who knows what the heck they’re doing. Sound familiar? It should, since that’s what’s been going on already. Paying 1-2 silver less won’t change that fact.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

lol at repair costs. Is this really what the death penalty has become? I don’t even notice them anymore than teleport costs.

I really wish some of have you had played Asherons Call/DT server or Everquest or even DAOC where you could lose hours of XP, all your phat lewts and you had to get all your buddies to retrieve your corpse, often with another guild sitting on it waiting to gangbang your friends.

Repair costs affecting gameplay? You have seriously got to be kidding.

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

I wouldn’t say it rewards dying, it just lowers the penalty. I think there should be a higher penalty for dying though, but that’s probably cause I grew up playing Runescape where you lost all but 3 items when you died.

I also don’t think repair anvils should be in dungeons, even before they remove the cost, but that’s something else.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Personally, I haven’t repaired since launch. I don’t even know what it costs. I repair about once a month, completely funded by repair canisters from the daily.

In general, the change is good.

The one problem I see is those bad players that lay dead until revived. Now they won’t have to pay any fees, whereas everyone else is going to waypoint. Dead people shouldn’t be revivable imo.

People will still run away because they don’t want to die. It’s only the people that were running away because they didn’t want to risk a fee that will now change their attitude.

Very much agreed. This is a great change for WvW.

Fighting a 40v14 battle is usually a lost cause so everyone would just run. Paying repair bills for a fight you can’t win was really dumb.

Now you won’t have to run and if you can pick off a few from the zerg it’s a win.

More fighting and less running is exactly what WvW needed.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

The humiliation of death > repair costs.

Ive never ever cared about repair costs but letting my commrades down by rally botting is a big isssue for me.

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

GW2 never rewarded skillful play all that much tbh…

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

No Repair Costs = Rewarding Unskillful Play?
no repair costs = rewarding experimental play. there’s is still so much stuff to be tried and with the free trait reset + no repair cost people can realy go try stuff.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

OP simply misread, did not thought this through, thats all.
Equipment is still going to be damaged, just the fee is gone. If anybody thinks that this change means parties are going to kamikaze into mobs he/she is crazy. Fee is irrelevant, armor damage however not. If anything, this just saves some coin for newbies.

banished from time and space

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Bringing multiple warriors, might stacking and boss stacking is unskillful play.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

not only they should double the repair costs
they also should introduce a death penalty when reviving using waypoint.
like -10% to all stats for 5 minutes, or unable to use all utility and elite skills, or having 5 minutes of weakness and cripple on yourself, or even better all three together.
(no-death penalty when a player revives you)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

no repair costs = rewarding experimental play. there’s is still so much stuff to be tried and with the free trait reset + no repair cost people can realy go try stuff.

I agree with this.

The punishment itself is having to still go and fix it – it was just a double-punishment that a lower-level player has to pay. Dying is not just through ‘unskillful’ play, as you put it. It can be caused by many things, such kitten a telephone ringing, or someone at the door. Or because something really funny just came on TV! :p

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Eskarina Tigress.3785

Eskarina Tigress.3785

This topic is the epitome of haters gonna hate, a phrase I’ve honestly never even wrote down before.

Bad players do not get better by having to pay a few coins to have armor repaired, its that simple.

Posted by: Relic.2136

Relic.2136

What irks me is about this situation is players who obsess over min-maxing. I totally understand that mid- to high-level fractals are really hard, and I respect players who want to conquer them with other skilled allies, but posts like this remind me too much of end game raiding in WoW (i.e. If your gear score isn’t as big as mine, you can’t play this game properly, so stfu).

A few people have posted what I feel is the correct answer – if you want to play high-level content with players you feel are as skilled/well geared as you, find or create a talented Guild of like-minded folks, or make real friend connections in the game world to build your team. Don’t just expect A-Net to design the game around your high-end content min-maxing OCD so that you don’t have to bother finding “good” players.

I play PVE, solo mostly, and don’t have 80s to grind gear/gold/etc, so having no repair costs will be amazing for me. Taking the “trinity” out and making each class self-sufficient has been wonderful, but it makes staying alive more difficult with the smaller heals, if you’re not over-levelled and over geared for the content you play, imho.

Relic
Henge of Denravi
Volks World [VW]

(edited by Relic.2136)

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

If you die too much in a dungeon you’ll be punished by being kicked out of the dungeon.

Outside of a dungeon players already have to pay the waypoint cost and walk back. Which depending on what zone you’re in, can already be annoying. You know what originally made me not want to die as much? It wasn’t having to pay armor repair costs. It was not having to kittening walk across brisban wildlands for the 3rd kitten time. I hate that map and never want to set foot in it again (also the area the next LS is taking place apparently so yay for me).

Trust me, it’ll work fine.

Posted by: Overdust.7204

Overdust.7204

Well idk about other people.But i never tryed to avoid getting killed in wvw cause of repaircost or wpcost but rather to avoid a long run back to where i was or where the action is at.
And i find it abit hard to belive that ppl who play wvw is such cheapskates that they really care about the costs for repairs and wping.
Never ever do i think,care or notice it,since its not that much anyway.
And i don’t think this change gona make such a big impact like some ppl seems to belive.

Lishtenbird.2814

What we got here is quite interesting:)

• On one side, veteran players who do not like the topic because repair costs are too negligible to even mention them;
  • On the other side, new players who need every copper and are not happy with the post which argues their newly acquired right to die an unlimited amount of times.

What irks me is about this situation is players who obsess over min-maxing. I totally understand that mid- to high-level fractals are really hard, and I respect players who want to conquer them with other skilled allies, but posts like this remind me too much of end game raiding in WoW (i.e. If your gear score isn’t as big as mine, you can’t play this game properly, so stfu).

A few people have posted what I feel is the correct answer – if you want to play high-level content with players you feel are as skilled/well geared as you, find or create a talented Guild of like-minded folks, or make real friend connections in the game world to build your team. Don’t just expect A-Net to design the game around your high-end content min-maxing OCD so that you don’t have to bother finding “good” players.

The problem is, I doubt anyone considers LS events like Marionette, Assault Knights, dungeons like AC, TA, CM and, well, even 15 level fractals to be “endgame” or “high-end” content.

1) Most “stuff to be tried” can be tried at mobs in solo roaming, just like now; 2) PvP which allows more build variations is free already, PvE which usually has a limited amount of viable non-condition builds have them mostly documented and listed. If people are “trying stuff” at Mario, Knights/Holo and “80 exp” dungeons/fractals… I do not really think it’s a good thing in the first place, even if lets everyone “play how they want”.

This topic is the epitome of haters gonna hate, a phrase I’ve honestly never even wrote down before.

Bad players do not get better by having to pay a few coins to have armor repaired, its that simple.

Well, I agree. What will make players get better is this:

I really wish some of have you had played Asherons Call/DT server or Everquest or even DAOC where you could lose hours of XP, all your phat lewts and you had to get all your buddies to retrieve your corpse, often with another guild sitting on it waiting to gangbang your friends.

…and yet, what rage from players who believe that removal of the last at all worth mentioning death penalty should’ve been here from the start. New player? Pay low armour repair costs, similar to several coppers per waypoint. Old player? Oh come on, there’s already enough ways of letting you perform suboptimal, and this one is another step towards making the game even more casual. I do not mean that casual equals bad; I mean that it is a nice thing if you can play casual, but if the game becomes more rewarding if you’re doing better that it.

Repair costs weren’t facilitating better play, having to fight a boss again after a time gone wasted was far more of a negative reinforcement than repair costs.

Some people value money, some don’t. Some people value time, some don’t. It led to cases where people insisted on stack-wiping, or cases where they switched the strategy straight away. With money out of equation, will we have more efficient gameplay since those who valued money but not time would have no problem wiping at the boss over and over again?

Armor will still be damaged and after enough times you will have to stop and get it repair and that takes either time or a gem paid repair kit.

OP simply misread, did not thought this through, thats all.
Equipment is still going to be damaged, just the fee is gone. If anybody thinks that this change means parties are going to kamikaze into mobs he/she is crazy. Fee is irrelevant, armor damage however not. If anything, this just saves some coin for newbies.

It still takes you 7 deaths to get at least 1 armour piece lose its stats. Which is more than enough to go around the world and repair on an occasion, or go to a free WP at the dungeon entrance for an anvil.

Outside of a dungeon players already have to pay the waypoint cost and walk back.

So people lied around under Assault Knights, or on Warden Platforms, or in Lyssa circle etc. etc. – WP costs actually encourages it. There’s always a noble sole who will want to help you, as I said before, and with current free repairs, deaths become free of charge.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

It’s only the people that were running away because they didn’t want to risk a fee that will now change their attitude.

That is the negative.

In real life war, no one kamikaze. No one wants to die.

Think you might have to read up about kamikaze cus you couldn’t be more wrong .

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The only time I felt my repair costs getting out of hand was when I brought my upleveled 40 to a LS event zerg and was constantly getting downed. Even my level 40 gear was costing me a fair bit of silvers to repair time and again. However, I accepted this fee as the cost of using an underleveled character to follow a mindless train to gain fast XP.

I’ve never had a problem with repair costs. Even as a level 3 I never felt the repair costs were holding me back. The costs scale quite well. I learned my class and the mechanics of combat and only repaired broken armor. Plus, since leveling is fast in GW2 I’m generally replacing my armor with better stuff before it ever breaks.

I think Anet is hand-holding low level players too much. Between this and the change to traits starting at 30 (just ridiculous!), they’re dumbing it down too much. Not to mention that removing the measly repair costs in no way offsets nerfing loot gold.

I think the only change should be that deaths in WvW don’t damage armor. That would be justifiable imo.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Sounds like it’s time for a new warcry: “kamikazeeeeeee!!!”

I’m sure it will alleviate a certain level of stress for some groups in dungeons. Now go my pet, bring them all here so we can finish this faster.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Lishtenbird.2814

I think Anet is hand-holding low level players too much. Between this and the change to traits starting at 30 (just ridiculous!), they’re dumbing it down too much. Not to mention that removing the measly repair costs in no way offsets nerfing loot gold.

Ah yes. The gold nerf actually hurts the rarely dying characters more than those who die a lot – because those who die with an average of 1 death per hour vs. those who die 2.5 times per hour (both are real data) will now receive a ~22 gold punishment over the course of 1000 hours.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Do you run around and do hearts and events for the 1-2 silver reward?

If gaining 3-4 silvers does not cause you to do something, then losing 3-4 silvers will not cause you do to anything.

People try to play well because people like to play well.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Ah yes. The gold nerf actually hurts the rarely dying characters more than those who die a lot – because those who die with an average of 1 death per hour vs. those who die 2.5 times per hour (both are real data) will now receive a ~22 gold punishment over the course of 1000 hours.

>~22 gold over 1000 hours
>punishment

There’s nothing more I can say to this other than ‘Wildstar can’t start accepting your spreadsheets soon enough.’

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If people are still running away even without repair costs I don’t think I ever want to play WvW again. With repair costs at least there is a valid excuse for running away.

penelopehannibal.8947

There’s no such thing as a bad player. Maybe a sore winner or a sore loser, but no such thing as a bad player.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

TooBz.3065

If people are still running away even without repair costs I don’t think I ever want to play WvW again. With repair costs at least there is a valid excuse for running away.

Of course there is. A strategic retreat and regroup can be good. Running away and getting into a tower / castle can allow you to man / build and defend the tower. Running can provide time to heal up. On some maps you have to run fairly far to get back to where you were, so the time factor can be important, especially if you are trying to meet up with a superior force somewhere on the map.

It’s not like people have a reason to stand alone in front of 30 people and say “FREE BAGS, GET YOUR TAG IN”, unless of course, you do (and sometimes you do).

Lishtenbird.2814

If gaining 3-4 silvers does not cause you to do something, then losing 3-4 silvers will not cause you do to anything.

If I run around doing 10 world boss events and pres per day and get 2s per each, then it accumulates into 6g per month.

• If someone dies 1 time per hour and spends 1 hour on these 10 events, he used to lose 0.45g from it; so after nerf, he’ll be effectively missing -1.05g.
  • If someone dies 4 times per hour and spends 1 hour on these 10 events, he used to lose 1.80g from it; so after nerf, he’ll be effectively getting +0.30g.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

There’s no such thing as a bad player. Maybe a sore winner or a sore loser, but no such thing as a bad player.

Have you ever seen a newbie mesmer stand right up next to the enemy, use the GS auto, and then complain it’s such a weak weapon? I die a little inside everytime I see that.

Some players are bad. I have more examples if you require.

Posted by: Exquisitor.5076

Exquisitor.5076

Some people will complain about anything! Dropping repair costs is a positive move, everyone will benefit from it. I think it should have a low priority over issues that need fixing, but I, for one, am happy to see it go.

penelopehannibal.8947

Have you ever seen a newbie mesmer stand right up next to the enemy, use the GS auto, and then complain it’s such a weak weapon? I die a little inside everytime I see that.

Some players are bad. I have more examples if you require.

That’s not them being a bad player though, is it? Inexperienced, and perhaps a sore loser if they whine in /map chat. But not ‘bad’.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

TooBz.3065

If I run around doing 10 world boss events and pres per day and get 2s per each, then it accumulates into 6g per month.

In a month? I’m not rich, or even close, and even I don’t care about 2 gold / month. (I freely acknowledge that this his may be why I’m not rich)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Some people will complain about anything! Dropping repair costs is a positive move, everyone will benefit from it. I think it should have a low priority over issues that need fixing, but I, for one, am happy to see it go.

That is only if you die more often than you do the other things that are getting nerfed(events, champion boxes and events with champions would be hit twice).

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

My problem with the removal of repair costs/trait resets is that we removed two relatively small gold sinks but at the same time are reducing a lot of the rewards from killing “difficult” enemies.

This seems like a really dumb tradeoff.

Full disclosure: the only reason I really play this game is for the easy fun that porting around and doing events/killing champs/killing world bosses provides.

False. There are definitely things that you can do in this game that, if you know they are something that results in death, would make you an objectively less skilled player, hence “badder”.
How bad depends on what they’ve done and who you ask, of course.

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

(edited by cakesphere.5910)

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

So, for all the skillful, elite players here, define how you play GW2 with skill. I have a feeling the definitions will be highly subjective and wholly based on how the respondent chooses to play.

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

I think the only change should be that deaths in WvW don’t damage armor. That would be justifiable imo.

I would be okay with this tbh. This is how it works in many other MMOs, and I’ve never really understood why WvW had repair costs associated with death in the first place.
YMMV obviously.

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

In a month? I’m not rich, or even close, and even I don’t care about 2 gold / month. (I freely acknowledge that this his may be why I’m not rich)

Same feelings here. 2g a month is nothing.

Btw, seems OP would hate me I’ve occasionally being downed on purpose for a free heal.