No appreciation for dedicated players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Touchnshuv.2790

Touchnshuv.2790

I will when the horse is mocking me.

All 8 classes at 80, world completion, and storyline done. BOOYAH!

Posted by: MaesterTed.6571

MaesterTed.6571

Mocking you by throwing free stuff at you?

Posted by: ElSargento.6718

ElSargento.6718

8 characters created on day 1, all at lvl 80 with exotic armors now.
Anniversary gift, as useful as my 250+ Transmutation Stones.
At least in GW1 the minis were random.
Sigh.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The birthday gift was not the best. It was pretty underwhelming, to tell the truth. It was not the worst anniversary “gift” I remember getting from an MMO, though. On my one year anniversary in WoW, I got a $15 charge on my credit card.

Posted by: ElSargento.6718

ElSargento.6718

Ummm I don’t think the scroll means the leveling process is a problem. I think the scroll means that people who don’t want to go through the “tutorial” nature of having the early stuff locked, because they already know about slot skills, and their class mechanic, and traits, don’t have to go through that tutorial part of it again. It takes you past the basic, basic stuff…and that’s all it does.

That’s why you give it to people with 5000 achievement points or for their birthday. To let them skip the tutorial zone.

If leveling itself was a problem it would be 20 levels at any time.

Wait whut, are you being serious here? The whole point in leveling is improving your character by learning new skills, improving stats and unlocking abilities and what have ye….what you call a tutorial that’s leveling akittens best.

And 20 levels of tutorial? Seriously you realise that by, what is it, level 30 you unlock your elite slot and that’s it. Only trait points after for 50 levels.

I will throw it on a different point of view but from where I am sitting what you suggest here sounds completely insane.

Maybe there are some but I’ve never seen anything in a MMO I’ve played (not talking money grabbing f2p cakittenems) of any stature that brought in items that allows you to skip the first 20 levels. That is not a normal reward, letting people skip what should be the most exciting part of the leveling process.

If what you say were true, then you might as well skip to 80 right away because it’s just going to be more of the same for many levels. No, nice try, but your view on this just doesn’t sound reasonable to me. Oh well, different views yet again…

I agree entirely. Leveling is primordial to know your characters. The only place that I’ve seen this kind of level-skipping are private servers maybe because they are focused on PvP, which supports my theory that GW2 keeps forcing PvE players on PvP (WvW maps as part of world completion case).
I’ve read this thread so here is my humble opinion.
I am very clear that GW2 is not GW1 and I don’t think is fair to compare them since the superiority of GW1 is far proven, but then again they are called the same so the comparison is inevitable. It is my personal belief that GW2 will die for me very soon because it has no real PvE content, I’ll explain: I’ve made 8 chars on day 1 of the game, 1 of each profession, all humans (because if a wanted to be a funny creature I would play WoW or some other game). Then I started logically with the personal story but as I progressed I noticed that one needed to travel to different maps. So I arranged a list of all the maps by level in order to complete them before adventuring on the personal story with my chars. Once I done that the personal story turned out completely irrelevant -not to mention the rewards – Finally I got to the last quest which is a dungeon that I cannot complete by myself because there is no system of henchmen as in GW1.
That being said, GW2 has nothing to offer me as a PvE player other than completing maps and some events, so as a completionist that I am, I’ll finish my maps (only 1 character left) and apparently that’s it.
Now, back to topic, the anniversary gift reveals –to my pov- different things:
1.-The minipet: It says “from 150+ minis at this point of the game we’ll give 1, buy the others”
2.-The Birthday Booster: The sole existence of boosters –of any kind- says one thing “the sum of your level and all your equipment is not enough to get by, achieve accomplishments or anything in this game, you need a little extra, buy it”
3.-The Experience Scroll: It says “Oh! Players that leveled all their chars “manually” are suckers! Now level to 20 with one click! Who cares if this is a MMO and leveling is an important part of the structure of the game!
4.-The fact that every character gets the same is just nonsense redundancy.
In sum, there is no re-playability, if the performance of the players will rely on boosters –and/or nurishments- why there aren’t any slots at hand to use them? Why does crafting gives exp, and when one gets to 400 stops giving it? Why create a persistent world when the servers can’t handle it (overflow case)? And the anniversary gift sucks, big time.
I guess that’s why developing Dignity over Charisma and Ferocity is so important. lol

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I am a GW1 vet. In some ways it feels like GW1, and in some ways it doesn’t. Hopefully they will keep adding good features from GW1 over time.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

But you see – that’s from your point of view. I’ve played plenty of games from the same franchise that I hated, but others I loved. That’s just how it goes.

Oh sure, it’s always about points of view here but sometimes it just feels like just want to do things different from GW1 here just to be different from it, even if it’s a bad idea.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Dear ANet: You gave me some free kitten. But the free kitten you gave me wasn’t enough. I wanted more. What’s up with that?

Signed: this thread.

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

1.-The minipet: It says “from 150+ minis at this point of the game we’ll give 1, buy the others”
2.-The Birthday Booster: The sole existence of boosters –of any kind- says one thing “the sum of your level and all your equipment is not enough to get by, achieve accomplishments or anything in this game, you need a little extra, buy it”
3.-The Experience Scroll: It says “Oh! Players that leveled all their chars “manually” are suckers! Now level to 20 with one click! Who cares if this is a MMO and leveling is an important part of the structure of the game!
In sum, there is no re-playability

some good points
everything in this game speaks to a core message, a spirit, a feel
this message is different from its predecessor
it used to be something like “play when you like, no buy-to-win, player creativity is rewarded, player skill is rewarded”
and now it’s like “play when we say, check out the overpriced gemstore, buy gold for a legendary, creativity is overrated, skill is overrated”
there are lots of other “messages” but i think the rest link to the gemstore and how they encourage you to spend money

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Ummm I don’t think the scroll means the leveling process is a problem. I think the scroll means that people who don’t want to go through the “tutorial” nature of having the early stuff locked, because they already know about slot skills, and their class mechanic, and traits, don’t have to go through that tutorial part of it again. It takes you past the basic, basic stuff…and that’s all it does.

That’s why you give it to people with 5000 achievement points or for their birthday. To let them skip the tutorial zone.

If leveling itself was a problem it would be 20 levels at any time.

Wait whut, are you being serious here? The whole point in leveling is improving your character by learning new skills, improving stats and unlocking abilities and what have ye….what you call a tutorial that’s leveling akittens best.

And 20 levels of tutorial? Seriously you realise that by, what is it, level 30 you unlock your elite slot and that’s it. Only trait points after for 50 levels.

I will throw it on a different point of view but from where I am sitting what you suggest here sounds completely insane.

Maybe there are some but I’ve never seen anything in a MMO I’ve played (not talking money grabbing f2p cakittenems) of any stature that brought in items that allows you to skip the first 20 levels. That is not a normal reward, letting people skip what should be the most exciting part of the leveling process.

If what you say were true, then you might as well skip to 80 right away because it’s just going to be more of the same for many levels. No, nice try, but your view on this just doesn’t sound reasonable to me. Oh well, different views yet again…

And you’ve called me condescending? LMAO! Maybe you should look inward. You’ve been condescending before, but this post is pretty much the worst I’ve seen.

I don’t care what you’ve seen or you consider a normal procedure. There’s no point in making someone who’s already played and beaten the game to walk around without unlocked skill slots and the ability to swap weapons.

The reason they give you stuff like a weapon swap at level 7 isn’t because they want to give you new skills. It’s because they want newbies to learn. It’s why elementalist attunements dont’ all unlock at level 2. And yes, Anet has said this directly at some of the conferences. They let people learn things by letting them slowly get skills.

In fact, if you’re level 1 and you’re trying to unlock a new weapon that you’ve never used, it takes several hits to unlock it. If you’re level twenty and you try to unlock a new skill, even the fifth skill, it unlocks in one hit.

So yes, I’m quite serious.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

The good news is you saved time on your next FOURTEEN alts.

PS: WTF 14

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

In sum, there is no re-playability

some good points
everything in this game speaks to a core message, a spirit, a feel
this message is different from its predecessor
it used to be something like “play when you like, no buy-to-win, player creativity is rewarded, player skill is rewarded”
and now it’s like “play when we say, check out the overpriced gemstore, buy gold for a legendary, creativity is overrated, skill is overrated”
there are lots of other “messages” but i think the rest link to the gemstore and how they encourage you to spend money

- “Play when we say” is more like “Play daily, please”. Which they wanted at the end of GW1’s lifespan because it was getting kind of barren at times not related to special weekends. GW1 did, indeed, become “play when we say” in that sense; and they said “Double Lightbringer weekend!”

- “Check out the overpriced gemstore, we have shinies” . . . and it’s still not buy-to-win so what’s your point?

- They encourage you to spend money because they need to cover operational costs. They’ve been rather up front about that part of things

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Gehenna.3625

And you’ve called me condescending? LMAO! Maybe you should look inward. You’ve been condescending before, but this post is pretty much the worst I’ve seen.

I don’t care what you’ve seen or you consider a normal procedure. There’s no point in making someone who’s already played and beaten the game to walk around without unlocked skill slots and the ability to swap weapons.

The reason they give you stuff like a weapon swap at level 7 isn’t because they want to give you new skills. It’s because they want newbies to learn. It’s why elementalist attunements dont’ all unlock at level 2. And yes, Anet has said this directly at some of the conferences. They let people learn things by letting them slowly get skills.

In fact, if you’re level 1 and you’re trying to unlock a new weapon that you’ve never used, it takes several hits to unlock it. If you’re level twenty and you try to unlock a new skill, even the fifth skill, it unlocks in one hit.

You have been condescending. Whether I am here or not doesn’t change that. You have a tendency to think that if someone else does something bad, you are not responsible for the same behaviour. Whatever on that, but to be clear I am truly astonished here.

I guess you were being serious as you just indicated here but truly, this is about as far out there as any tin foil hat story I’ve heard on any game forum. It’s about as far as a twist as I can imagine here.

But ok, you say you are serious. Skipping the first 20 levels, arguably the most interesting of the leveling process, is a good thing in your mind. You are indeed free to have that opinion and I shan’t contend that.

But I am actually completely flabbergasted by your argumentation here, because of the sheer, well, it’s just way out there for me. Does that make my reply here consdescending? If so, not intentionally.

Vayne.8563

You have been condescending. Whether I am here or not doesn’t change that. You have a tendency to think that if someone else does something bad, you are not responsible for the same behaviour. Whatever on that, but to be clear I am truly astonished here.

I guess you were being serious as you just indicated here but truly, this is about as far out there as any tin foil hat story I’ve heard on any game forum. It’s about as far as a twist as I can imagine here.

But ok, you say you are serious. Skipping the first 20 levels, arguably the most interesting of the leveling process, is a good thing in your mind. You are indeed free to have that opinion and I shan’t contend that.

But I am actually completely flabbergasted by your argumentation here, because of the sheer, well, it’s just way out there for me. Does that make my reply here consdescending? If so, not intentionally.

I don’t care if you think or don’t think I’m condescending. The fact that you’ve called me out on it, while acting the same way yourself, makes you a hypocritical. That’s all.

Whether you agree with me or not, doesn’t make me wrong. I’m not just going by intuition here, as I’ve said before, Anet has talked about how the first zones were meant to be tutorials, and teach people the game.

A lot of people playing Guild Wars 2 have never played an MMO at all before. Anet wanted to make sure they didn’t get skills and traits and options thrown at them too fast. They said this. Why would I make it up?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well, you find it interesting, and others do also. I find it blows by a little quickly when I know what I’m doing and in all cases I usually end up under-equipped without aid from my main (specifically, crafting up some armor/weapons/jewelry) and under-skilled (not having had time to “lern 2 play” the class as if I had been slower leveling).

I recently started a thief and she’s almost level 17 now just running Queensdale hearts, events, and doing map completion there . . . DR, and Wayfarer’s when a daily wanted Shiverpeak kills (and Queensdale was a little too . . . zergy . . . for my tastes that day). I still don’t have a clue how to play her well.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Gehenna.3625

I don’t care if you think or don’t think I’m condescending. The fact that you’ve called me out on it, while acting the same way yourself, makes you a hypocritical. That’s all.

That’s why you brought it up of course, because you don’t care….uh huh. I will believe you don’t care if you stop commenting on it.

Whether you agree with me or not, doesn’t make me wrong. I’m not just going by intuition here, as I’ve said before, Anet has talked about how the first zones were meant to be tutorials, and teach people the game.

It’s not so much about wrong or right here. It’s about me being completely shocked that someone would contend such a thing. Knowing how you are I will believe that you meant it but I still find it hard to believe.

A lot of people playing Guild Wars 2 have never played an MMO at all before. Anet wanted to make sure they didn’t get skills and traits and options thrown at them too fast. They said this. Why would I make it up?

Uhmm, that’s not the part I have a problem with believing.

Gehenna.3625

Well, you find it interesting, and others do also. I find it blows by a little quickly when I know what I’m doing and in all cases I usually end up under-equipped without aid from my main (specifically, crafting up some armor/weapons/jewelry) and under-skilled (not having had time to “lern 2 play” the class as if I had been slower leveling).

I recently started a thief and she’s almost level 17 now just running Queensdale hearts, events, and doing map completion there . . . DR, and Wayfarer’s when a daily wanted Shiverpeak kills (and Queensdale was a little too . . . zergy . . . for my tastes that day). I still don’t have a clue how to play her well.

Yeah ok, but I’ve played various MMOs and still do and I always had multiple characters…wel lots of characters. But the lower levels are always the ones where more changes, they are more dynamic as you build up skills etc. You have things to look forward to that are only one or two levels away. It’s always at the later levels that I would want to speed things up, not at the lower levels.

Sure GW2 has a flat xp curve so higher levels don’t take longer, but instead they made more of them. I understand people who say that they’d rather have a +20L scroll instead of a L20 scroll.

In the games I’ve played I certainly never saw any of them do something as draconic as poof you’re level 20, specifically when the game’s been out for just a year.

It could be that it’s just that I am shocked at Anet and at Vayne’s commentary because I have never seen anything like this, but it just seems so out there.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah ok, but I’ve played various MMOs and still do and I always had multiple characters…wel lots of characters. But the lower levels are always the ones where more changes, they are more dynamic as you build up skills etc. You have things to look forward to that are only one or two levels away. It’s always at the later levels that I would want to speed things up, not at the lower levels.

Sure GW2 has a flat xp curve so higher levels don’t take longer, but instead they made more of them. I understand people who say that they’d rather have a +20L scroll instead of a L20 scroll.

In the games I’ve played I certainly never saw any of them do something as draconic as poof you’re level 20, specifically when the game’s been out for just a year.

It could be that it’s just that I am shocked at Anet and at Vayne’s commentary because I have never seen anything like this, but it just seems so out there.

I’ve never seen it either, mostly because most other MMOs want you to grind your way through those first twenty levels. But I do have to point out I’ve seen other MMOs where the first twenty levels were nowhere near as interesting as the end-game after a while.

Personally, I think no matter what they stuck in the Birthday Gift people were going to raise holy heck over it. Might as well just make it something as pointless as that scroll

Vayne.8563

That’s why you brought it up of course, because you don’t care….uh huh. I will believe you don’t care if you stop commenting on it.

It’s not so much about wrong or right here. It’s about me being completely shocked that someone would contend such a thing. Knowing how you are I will believe that you meant it but I still find it hard to believe.

Uhmm, that’s not the part I have a problem with believing.

I can answer people and not care. I don’t know why you think that’s an issue. Maybe it’s because I’ve had to deal with teenagers in my life. You learn to answer people, even if what they’re saying doesn’t mean anything. It’s better than ignoring people.

Actually, at this point I have no clue what you’re talking about.

Gehenna.3625

I’ve never seen it either, mostly because most other MMOs want you to grind your way through those first twenty levels. But I do have to point out I’ve seen other MMOs where the first twenty levels were nowhere near as interesting as the end-game after a while.

Well that certainly wasn’t Anet’s intention from what I gathered…you know the whole idea that you’re doing endgame from the start and all. There are games that have very generic or should I say uninspired leveling processes. I guess I just never expected Anet to indirectly admit to that (as I see it).

Personally, I think no matter what they stuck in the Birthday Gift people were going to raise holy heck over it. Might as well just make it something as pointless as that scroll

Hehe, I do agree people would’ve moaned, no matter what. I just don’t get why they did the scroll unless they have their metrics showing lots of characters with very low levels sitting there. Maybe I’m wrong, I could very well be, but at the moment it just seems like the most logical reason for them to do something like this.

Gehenna.3625

I can answer people and not care. I don’t know why you think that’s an issue. Maybe it’s because I’ve had to deal with teenagers in my life. You learn to answer people, even if what they’re saying doesn’t mean anything. It’s better than ignoring people.

Now this really is condescending and intentional. You still care enough to reply, though I am sure it’s not me or my views that you care about, but your seemingly compulsive need to “win” discussions.

Actually, at this point I have no clue what you’re talking about.

This is a probably a good thing for everybody, without wanting to be condescending. I say that because at this point I doubt anything good will come from this exchange anyway. So, I will make a proposal and an expectation. Do with it what you will.

My proposal is that we stop replying to each other in this thread as I don’t think our exchange will bring anything positive to this thread.

My expectation is that you can’t resist and will respond, certainly to this post. So I will accept that and as it seems important to you I will gladly let you have the last word.

Posted by: Alarid.2704

Alarid.2704

I am genuinely surprised that they decided against account birthday gifts instead of characters, especially when the gifts are next to useless on multiple characters.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Hehe, I do agree people would’ve moaned, no matter what. I just don’t get why they did the scroll unless they have their metrics showing lots of characters with very low levels sitting there. Maybe I’m wrong, I could very well be, but at the moment it just seems like the most logical reason for them to do something like this.

. . . I have six character slots, and three of them are under level 25 because I use them primarily for storage. Also, I did not like playing either the elementalist or engineer. I have not been able to get the hang of my thief so she is sitting there doing nothing also.

Yeah I can believe there’s metrics of people having a lot of alts at low level. Simply for storage reasons.

Gehenna.3625

. . . I have six character slots, and three of them are under level 25 because I use them primarily for storage. Also, I did not like playing either the elementalist or engineer. I have not been able to get the hang of my thief so she is sitting there doing nothing also.

Yeah I can believe there’s metrics of people having a lot of alts at low level. Simply for storage reasons.

Oh sure there are more reasons than one for people not leveling up their toons. But I would think that a storage character can be level 2 just as much as level 80. So I guess I don’t think that they would do this for the sake of storage characters.

Posted by: ThePaladin.2140

ThePaladin.2140

I can summarize this thread in 2 sentences. “I am entitled. You must give me the GIFT I want or I will throw tantrums.”

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Well that certainly wasn’t Anet’s intention from what I gathered…you know the whole idea that you’re doing endgame from the start and all. There are games that have very generic or should I say uninspired leveling processes. I guess I just never expected Anet to indirectly admit to that (as I see it).

I think you guys are totally forgetting the players have always had the option to skip the first 20 lvls of open world lvling. WvW, you can lvl from 1-80 in zergs easily and crafting you can go from 1-80 without ever having to leave town. Its always been in the game since day 1. This scroll is just the equivalent of maxing one crafting skill. It doesnt have any implications to how Anet intended players to level. They want you to do it your way, so thats why there were other options from the get-go. This is nothing different, if anything it’s true to form.

Also how is the giving out of the xp scroll in any way ‘draconic’ ?

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

(edited by Rhaps.8540)

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

We’re angry about getting rewards for doing absolutely nothing?

…what?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I think you guys are totally forgetting the players have always haf the option to skip the first 20 lvls of open world lvling. WvW, you can lvl from 1-80 in zergs easily and crafting you can go from 1-80 without ever having to leave town. Its always been in the game since day 1. This scroll is just the equivalent of maxing one crafting skill. It doesnt have any implications to how Anet intended players to level. They want you to do it your way, so thats why there were other options from the get-go. This is nothing different, if anything it’s true to form.

Also how is the giving out of the xp scroll in any way ‘draconic’ ?

WvW upscales you, but if I recall you don’t get the benefit of Traits and you definitely don’t get skill points to get new skills (or slots), NOR instant mastery of your weapons.

In short, WvW before level 20 is for the hardcore

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Second time I get to use this saying from my language, which again suits Anet really well.

“Trying to make one happy with a dead sparrow.”

It’s funny how Anet keeps screwing things up they did really well in GW1…

- Targetting system
- Risk/Reward
- Loot in (elite) dungeons
- PvP
- UI
- Guild organization
- Birthdays
- …

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

@Tobias

There are skillpoints in wvw. You can unlock weapon skills in a zerg nooo problem.. heck the levelling under 20 is really no hassle in a zerg. I’d agree if I was taking about trying to lvl by roaming but im not. I’m talking following the zerg train and spamming AoE to tag mobs/players. Even an uplvled lvl 1 can do that with no problems.

Safety in numbers

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Do people ever stop whining about the lack of rewards in this game? ANet has had to nearly ruin the entire spirit of their game over the last six months to keep people feeling rewarded….and you come in and ask for more. It’s just turned into a champion farm fest with a horribly nasty in-game community.

Be happy you got anything at all. Most MMOs give you NOTHING for having a character’s birthday.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Forums for months :
“we hate RNG”
“remove RNG”
“ANET, wtf are you thinking with all the RNG?”

On anniversary:
“ANET, wtf GW1 had RNG presents, why wasnt this one RNG?”
“Birthday present was fail because it wasn’t RNG”
“my god, I gave you $50 a year ago and expect a well thought out present that is tailored not only to me, but also to the hundreds of others who will also complain about not being rewarded in a fashion thats emotionally validating for spending $50 a year ago”

Its a wonder the turnaround of employees at MMO developers isnt much much higher.

Gehenna.3625

WvW upscales you, but if I recall you don’t get the benefit of Traits and you definitely don’t get skill points to get new skills (or slots), NOR instant mastery of your weapons.

Agreed, the unlocking of skills and such is still the same in WvW. Although there are ways to avoid going through leveling zones, that is another point.

In short, WvW before level 20 is for the hardcore

Nah, the zerg is your friend. Makes it easy for anyone. Just do ranged damage and run away a little sooner than the rest

Gehenna.3625

Forums for months :
“we hate RNG”
“remove RNG”
“ANET, wtf are you thinking with all the RNG?”

On anniversary:
“ANET, wtf GW1 had RNG presents, why wasnt this one RNG?”
“Birthday present was fail because it wasn’t RNG”
“my god, I gave you $50 a year ago and expect a well thought out present that is tailored not only to me, but also to the hundreds of others who will also complain about not being rewarded in a fashion thats emotionally validating for spending $50 a year ago”

Its a wonder the turnaround of employees at MMO developers isnt much much higher.

Well, RNG isn’t all bad. Problem is that these terms are general but are used for specific things. People hated the RNG in the mystic toilet and the whole precursor to legendary thing. For something like collecting (mini’s in this case) it’s another thing.

Still, you are right that no matter what they’d have done, someone would be whining. It is however, tricky to understand their logic. You can agree or disagree with something but I always hope to understand someone’s reasoning. I am not doing so well on this one.

Touchnshuv.2790

To everyone who is all like “you got something for free, shut up”….I still have 14 of each lame present. Free or not, it might as well have been nothing. As a supporter of Anet for over 6 years now I have every right to be disappointed and to express that. So get bent and enjoy your garbage gifts. I grinded through this game on 8 characters, they are only rewarding people who don’t play by giving them free leveling and a boost for people who refuse to work for anything. So yeah, I can be upset.

And why the hell did they change the name of the thread anyway?

Touchnshuv.2790

Am I really seeing this? Another set of the birthday presents that nobody likes? /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /jumpoffthehighestpointintyriarepeatedly

28 now. Awesome. Bravo. Epic.

Posted by: Draven.7210

Draven.7210

OP has gotta be one of the most disgusting examples of player entitlement.

Posted by: Freakie Beakie.3502

Freakie Beakie.3502

the whole feeling i Always had in gw1 when i found a present in my inventory OHHHHH a present!!!!! is gone in gw2 , before we even got the present we all knew it would be a mini queen and nothing else , im really disapointed.

i now have 8 mini queens and yes maybe is rude to complain abou a gift but its how i feel and i wanted say it here so they know how i/we feel abou this .

maybe its only me but i bought extra character slots the first day i started playing so i could make all my characters the first day . with in mind that all my characters then get presents at the same day . i was Always a mini collector in gw1 and i was looking forward to the day i would get my first presents in gw2 , but now i just feel like MEH!

this game becomes more and more a disapointment to me sorry to say.
1 year aniversary should be fun and stuff , not a zerg laggfest champ farming crap event . most people do it because it gives a kittenload of money but its boring as hell,
i tried to get all the achievements but i stopped because i was boring myself to dead with those crappy invasion events .

(edited by Freakie Beakie.3502)

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

If the scroll gave people over level 20 skill points, I’d be happy.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I have a theory.

I think ANet was actually testing it out this year to see how the community would react if they have us predetermined gifts. Because looking at it, I can’t fathom any other reason. Obviously they have enough resources given they released season2 minis in what was within a span of a week’s time, And they had the time to reiterate their plans in regards to the gifts if they wanted to. Unless ANet is legitimately trying to be a kitten and kitten off the player base at large, which I think would be absurd for any company regardless of their quality, there’s no other possible explanation in my eyes for why they would fix something that was legitimately the only good broken thing if even that.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I have a theory.

I think ANet was actually testing it out this year to see how the community would react if they have us predetermined gifts. Because looking at it, I can’t fathom any other reason. Obviously they have enough resources given they released season2 minis in what was within a span of a week’s time, And they had the time to reiterate their plans in regards to the gifts if they wanted to. Unless ANet is legitimately trying to be a kitten and kitten off the player base at large, which I think would be absurd for any company regardless of their quality, there’s no other possible explanation in my eyes for why they would fix something that was legitimately the only good broken thing if even that.

“gemstore poisons everything”

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I have a theory.

“gemstore poisons everything”

Misjudgement positions everything, you mean.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

ANet: Is not like we are asking for random minis instead of a predetermined mini… you already know we are sick of RNG.

Probably it would’ve been better something that players would like rather than that ugly mini. I can think of silly things like a different balloon? since its a birthday? Or why not (like we already have a star for world completition) add a little “rank” mark to your char every year; so 3-5 years from now you can distinguish really old players. Just speaking my mind here…

Anything than lottery tickets or things you cannot even have fun with… Mini Jennah: recieved -> bank -> never out again.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

Touchnshuv.2790

You saying that tells me 2 things. 1) you didn’t read/understand what I have been saying. 2) you didn’t play GW1 because that was my first MMO and it was the norm to get everything I’ve expressed that we are lacking in GW2.

Most of the players think this is a joke gift from a company that has done so much better in the past. This isn’t entitlement. If you go to the same restaurant every Friday and suddenly the food lacks the quality you had grown to expect as a customer then you would feel the same way we do about this.

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

I really just wish I could throw the extra Jennahs I have into the trollforge. Especially now with the doubled birthday presents.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I really just wish I could throw the extra Jennahs I have into the trollforge. Especially now with the doubled birthday presents.

Yes, same goes for the Orrian Priest mini… I have 9 and have no idea what to do with them

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Except hardly anyone likes the gifts we got this year. Most people don’t even think 1 of the gift is really that exciting. And honestly, I’ve yet to find anyone 100% pleased with getting more than 1 of the gift.

Maybe your opinion would carry some weight if more than 10% of the player base actually enjoyed have more than 3 Queen Jenna Minis, several characters significantly below level 20 (Not something silly like level 19 or 18). Because aside from the birthday booster, the gift becomes worth less and less based on how many you receive. Anymore than one or two, and it becomes boring and provides barely anything particularily nice or useful.

They also could have given us things like special birthday skins (you get one each year) for weapons, kinda like how we get Zenith Skins. Or maybe a mini based on your order-partner that dies on Claw Island. Heck, I would prefer mini-Traherne over Mini Jenna, aesthetically and lore wise. Mini-Zhaitan would’ve been neat too, or Tequatl. Maybe a special Armor piece? Or cape? Or Armor skin? Or maybe a title. The list goes on, but ANet really could’ve made birthdays MUCH better, and really like I said, the only possible legitimate reason they could’ve had for doing this is to experiment with how people would’ve felt about this.

I ? Karkas.

(edited by Seven Star Stalker.1740)

Posted by: Freakie Beakie.3502

Freakie Beakie.3502

ohh look freakie doesnt like the fact that we gave him 8 of the same boring mini`s …. lets send him another 8 :S
and lets make them like this that he cant put them in the mystic toilet ……. and the 20lvls scroll when all dedicated players already play for a year and have all classes-races max lvl …..mmmkkaaaayy

(edited by Freakie Beakie.3502)