No had a pre-cursor drop? What is your /age?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

~2000 hours; best I ever had was ascended armor/weapon box drop.

No precursor (except for the one I bought on TP)

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Somewhere around 3000 hours, dropped the Spark as a reward for the first instance in the first release of LS 2.

Built Incinerator from it, happy, ‘cos Nekro likes it. Didn’t expect it at all. I am not farming for this kind of stuff in any ways, nor am I farming for gold. Just playing the game with my own set targets.

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

1786 hours over 838 days, not a single precursor. best drop I had was ascended weapon with useless stats :p I would be nice to include a precursor in the 3-year birthday chest or something. maybe that would just break the game :p it’s just a skin… and change-able stats… and shiny footsteps…

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

almost at 3.5k hours and haven’t seen one drop

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Therys.4368

Therys.4368

I tried Mystic Forging one with alot of rares and dungeon tokens (lost count) without success. I did not want to mold my entire gameplay experience exclusively to farm for one and I had more fun with the game after giving up on it.

That said I did have one drop at around 4000 hours from a champ bag (after 2 years of play) while running around the Mad King’s Labyrinth this Halloween (because must have ALL the candy corm) and Skeletal Lich is fun when you’re one of the few in the zerg with boon removal.

Don’t let not getting one kill the game experience. Just save slowly for it.
At least its not impossible. Like a Greatsaw.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

2k+ hours. Never seen one drop. I have forged several though…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

…2,648 hours + 13mins over the past 842 days.

No pre drop, not even during that Southsun event either. Never was able to forge, despite the crazy amount of ectos I lost attempting it. I had to buy both for my two current legendary weapons, which is something I’m probably gonna regret. I mean, if I didn’t know any better, my account is probably flagged or something – as if they expect me to pay indefinitely. =P

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Hey, random tiny chances show a wild variance in expected repetitions until a specific event happens. Who would have thought? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

1256 hrs, no drop.

If I were interested in getting a legendary, I’d work on making money to buy the precursor (or the legendary). I want nothing to do with the RNG route.

If I were rational, I’d earn the money IRL and convert it via gems, but gaming ain’t like that…

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

1400 hours since headstart. No drop but have gotten 4 from forging, 2 dusks, 1 dawn, 1 spark.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’ve had 8,772 hours. No drop.

Ouch, I thought I had it bad. 8,340 hrs no drop. Well at least I know I’m not alone is this boat.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

My wife and I both play since late september 2012, each played something around 2.3k hours- both no precursor so far.
Well, since we both opened 100 champ bags each last week (so 200 overall) and the only drops worth to mention were 1 Stardust and 1 Impaler, I don’t think it’s a surprise we didn’t get any Pre’s yet (or will ever get one).
As some1 mentioned before- it’s just redicoulus that aquiring the most rare and most expensive items is based on pure RNG instead of player skill.
Frustrating as hell seeing a Bearbow guildy getting his second or third pre from afk-maxrange-autoattacking in open world while one trying to constantly improve doesn’t get anything valuable at all….

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

1763 hours. No drop.

Two days ago I got my first precursor from the Forge after deciding to throw all my gold in. Lucky there, finally.

I think the randomness of this “end game” is by far the worst part of the GW2 design.

I mean, come on, it’s 1 of only 7 things shown in your character screen as Account Medals.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Played for about 3k, seen about 6 of them drop/forged. 2 for me.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

About 2.5k since head start and no drop.

There are people clocking over 8.5k hours. That’s roughly 10+ hours a day, on average…

Guys, I am a passionate gamer since more than 20 years but that’s just very, very questionnable… Not only that it would be impossible for most people with work, hobbies, friends, etc.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

3821 hours. I had one drop about 20 hours into the game, from jormag, 5 minutes after I turned level 80. It was zap and I sold it for 20g having no idea what I was doing. Since then ive gotten nothing, except that i bought zap from the TP for 710g later.

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

5868 hrs. No drop. No mystic forge drop. Made and sold 12 legendaryes in former times. Bought all precursors for it.

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Got zap at around 3650 hours, The character who got it was about 3-6 months old though.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Around 10 times as much as you but I do have 2 legendaries and working on a third. Not much interest in any of the others so whatever …

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

About 2.5k since head start and no drop.

There are people clocking over 8.5k hours. That’s roughly 10+ hours a day, on average…

Guys, I am a passionate gamer since more than 20 years but that’s just very, very questionnable… Not only that it would be impossible for most people with work, hobbies, friends, etc.

aroud 1500 hours I believe. No drop, no buying off the TP and STILL managed to make Frostfang :P (It was a gift from a random stranger)

About the hours, while I agree that is an obscene amount of time, I am sure that most of that is AFK. I have people in my guild who do that. They log in, play for a couple of hours, then go to bed/work/dinner/etc. and don’t log off. So it counts those hours, even though they are not actually doing anything.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

Been around since beta, 4703 hrs and +400g into the mystic toliet and no pre. I gave up legendary crafting last year and it also make my life easier, I don’t have to go through those boring t6 grind.

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

1300+ hours and no Prec drop but im happy with my twilight

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Had my first drop just over a week ago – my age currently is 2,361 hours. It was in Ascalonian Catacombs from the graveling champion bag after the spider queen.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Over 3500 hours and no precursor drop. Hubby and I have purchased them and will be working towards making the Legendary. I gave up long ago hoping for any drop like that.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

2k hours on all my chars combined. Found nada. Few exotics and that’s it.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

4,037 hours and no precursor drop. Also never had an exotic drop unless it was a reward where u were guaranteed an exotic.

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

3469 hours, 842 days – no precursor drop, ever

had to buy it off the TP to finish my one and only one legendary

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

1,922 hours and never had one drop.

Posted by: America.9437

America.9437

1380 hours. not. one. precursor. ever.

How many hours does a person have to play in order for that to be considered having “worked” for it? 1000? 2000? 3000? …

Aerinndis.2730

How many hours does a person have to play in order for that to be considered having “worked” for it? 1000? 2000? 3000? …

“…play in order for that to be considered having ‘worked’ for it” screams, I was here long enough so I am now entitled…. I see at no point where you “earn” a precursor that way. You either get really lucky or work to purchase one. Then more work to make a Legendary if that is your ultimate goal. I would love to see everyone be able to craft one some day and like Mawdry II I am sure it will take time, some tasks and a lot of perseverance. You have to decide if you want that precursor bad enough to either try the luck angle or work to buy it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m confused. What does your /age have to do with precursors or is this all just anecdotal and you’re just curious?

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

“…play in order for that to be considered having ‘worked’ for it” screams, I was here long enough so I am now entitled…. I see at no point where you “earn” a precursor that way. You either get really lucky or work to purchase one. Then more work to make a Legendary if that is your ultimate goal. I would love to see everyone be able to craft one some day and like Mawdry II I am sure it will take time, some tasks and a lot of perseverance. You have to decide if you want that precursor bad enough to either try the luck angle or work to buy it.

They have (well to me) very different feelings. Something about buying someone else’s luck just feels bad to me and it kinda tarnishes the whole deal.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: rainstorm.7506

rainstorm.7506

745 hours played for me, got 3 dusks +1 dawn from mf,1 colussus from ac story and 1 storm from se p1

America.9437

So how long does a person have to play to be considered having “worked” for it?

I have close to 300 gold, tons of mats, 6 L80s and 3 L60’s with inventories filled with loot. Filled. With. Loot. I never buy anything with gold off the TP and I never convert gems to gold. I have over 5000 AP. AND I KNOW THAT I AM POOR compared to others that have 20x the in game resources I have.

I grind the hard way. Have I earned it? Am I earning it the right way? Which is the “correct” way to earn? How long? You dodged the question. “Work to buy it” WTF are you talking about?

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

4800 hours. no precursor. since september 2012. yey -_-

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

In before people with 30 precursors being smug about “rng is rng”

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The point of a precursor is that you don’t actually “work” for it. It’s a lucky, very rare drop for anyone. The only time you work for it is when you save up on TP.

8,790 Hours and I’ve had no drop. I don’t expect one either to be honest.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

America.9437

The point of a precursor is that you don’t actually “work” for it. It’s a lucky, very rare drop for anyone. The only time you work for it is when you save up on TP.

8790 Hours. What I’m about to say is not meant to disrespect you in any way. I know I’m insane. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve been crazy since I was a little child. Crazy as in clinically insane but I’m that type of insane where one is aware of being so. A typical work week in the US is 40 hours. 2080 hours per year ( with 52 work weeks). The average US worker will work from age 20-60 or lets say 40ish years. 8790/2080 = 4.22. You’ve spent a little over 1/10th of your working years playing a game for a virtual reward that you haven’t seen and probably will never see. You could conceivable spend your entire working life(you only get one – reincarnation is a myth) and never get that precursor. I may be insane but I think this might be a grind of legendary stature. Most children can count to 10 and you’ve just used up 1 of those counts. I’m depressed now and will go pour myself another drink.

Also, if precursors and legendaries are supposed to be rare, then why when I log in do I see so many people toting them around. They’re ubiquitous. Something doesn’t add up.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

8790 Hours. What I’m about to say is not meant to disrespect you in any way. I know I’m insane. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve been crazy since I was a little child. Crazy as in clinically insane but I’m that type of insane where one is aware of being so. A typical work week in the US is 40 hours. 2080 hours per year ( with 52 work weeks). The average US worker will work from age 20-60 or lets say 40ish years. 8790/2080 = 4.22. You’ve spent a little over 1/10th of your working years playing a game for a virtual reward that you haven’t seen and probably will never see. You could conceivable spend your entire working life(you only get one – reincarnation is a myth) and never get that precursor. I may be insane but I think this might be a grind of legendary stature. Most children can count to 10 and you’ve just used up 1 of those counts. I’m depressed now and will go pour myself another drink.

Also, if precursors and legendaries are supposed to be rare, then why when I log in do I see so many people toting them around. They’re ubiquitous. Something doesn’t add up.

Legendary Weapons are not the only reward you can get from the game.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

America.9437

Legendary Weapons are not the only reward you can get from the game.

True. In what other mmo can you play as a cat and be the master race of all creation.

Aerinndis.2730

I have close to 300 gold, tons of mats, 6 L80s and 3 L60’s with inventories filled with loot. Filled. With. Loot. I never buy anything with gold off the TP and I never convert gems to gold. I have over 5000 AP. AND I KNOW THAT I AM POOR compared to others that have 20x the in game resources I have.

I grind the hard way. Have I earned it? Am I earning it the right way? Which is the “correct” way to earn? How long? You dodged the question. “Work to buy it” WTF are you talking about?

No clue what you are getting at. What is this about ‘earning?’ Earning the right for a precursor by ‘grinding the hard way’ whatever that is…

I play the game (read: do what I enjoy doing when I am in), I sell what I get carefully on the TP, salvage carefully what I need and plan for what goals I have in mind. I have 5 level 80s with two more professions to go that I have not even done yet. I got 15K AP and have barely done any dungeons or fractals. My gold fluctuates with what I have amassed and what I decide a character may need that I cannot craft or have in my inventory for them to use. Yet hubby bought me a precursor and I finally made enough to buy another one by myself. Now we are looking at our goals to make these Legendary.

There is no correct way to ‘earn’ something. Some are just better at it than others. Other just have the disposable income to buy and kudos to them. Some get lucky and yeah, I bought someone’s luck because mine isn’t as good as theirs. But I worked for the gold to do it so same difference earning something…. If Anet said you have to do this or that or just be in the game for so long to earn a precursor or a Legendary then there you go. But they haven’t so here we go, trying our luck, earning what we can and buying other’s luck.

The time it takes is up to each individual and how they set their goals and plan out the map to get there within the time they have to play the game. Asking someone to specify how long it will take you to earn your prezzie is silly – only you can answer that one…..

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

It’s not so much that they’re rare as they are hard to obtain, which I think they most certainly are.

That being said, I’m not really a huge fan of the current acquisition methods. It’s more a massive gold grind then anything else.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

America.9437

No clue what you are getting at. What is this about ‘earning?’ Earning the right for a precursor by ‘grinding the hard way’ whatever that is…

I play the game (read: do what I enjoy doing when I am in), I sell what I get carefully on the TP, salvage carefully what I need and plan for what goals I have in mind. I have 5 level 80s with two more professions to go that I have not even done yet. I got 15K AP and have barely done any dungeons or fractals. My gold fluctuates with what I have amassed and what I decide a character may need that I cannot craft or have in my inventory for them to use. Yet hubby bought me a precursor and I finally made enough to buy another one by myself. Now we are looking at our goals to make these Legendary.

There is no correct way to ‘earn’ something. Some are just better at it than others. Other just have the disposable income to buy and kudos to them. Some get lucky and yeah, I bought someone’s luck because mine isn’t as good as theirs. But I worked for the gold to do it so same difference earning something…. If Anet said you have to do this or that or just be in the game for so long to earn a precursor or a Legendary then there you go. But they haven’t so here we go, trying our luck, earning what we can and buying other’s luck.

The time it takes is up to each individual and how they set their goals and plan out the map to get there within the time they have to play the game. Asking someone to specify how long it will take you to earn your prezzie is silly – only you can answer that one…..

So I guess the narrative is changing? You don’t EARN a legendary? You don’t WORK for a legendary? You’re either lucky to have one or you pay gold to get one. Getting the gold is either a massive grind or you pay anet for the gold. Got it.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

745 hours played for me, got 3 dusks +1 dawn from mf,1 colussus from ac story and 1 storm from se p1

You should read the threadtitle again.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

2300 hours, no precursor, not enough gold to buy one, and only about ~120 each on my T6 mats.

I got 80 clovers though. How was I supposed to know they’d start putting them in boxes. What a waste.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

4,494 hours over the past 843 days, and no pre-cursor.

And I have 14,500 achievement points.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Malganis.7468)

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

5200 hours., was 2 months late in the game. Never had a precursor, i don’t even have a single ascended non-trinket piece. I’ve never had more than 55 g. 10 000 achivment points.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

2090 hours, no precursor.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

2,329 hours played since Head-Start. Nope. No pre-cursor drops. But I’m very casual, so no big deal.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Helldemonium.2758

Helldemonium.2758

900 hours. The Chosen from mystic forge. I never used mystic forge before that. Only had to put in like 12 rares.