No more AP for individual dailies? Really?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

Not only is the daily reward a joke now as the ‘real’ reward has been moved to the log-in reward track, we no longer get AP for doing individual dailies. Pretty discouraging. No reason to do dailies anymore past speeding through whatever is easiest in each category.

Really disappointed. The previous system wasn’t perfect, but it did give me a reason to jump different aspects of the game when I otherwise might not. There are plenty of times I thought “nah, I don’t really feel like sPvP today” but would jump in to get the daily, and wind up having a great time. Sometimes I might stay longer, sometimes not, but the daily goalpost gave me reason to jump into content I otherwise wouldn’t have, and I found significant value in that.

Note: Wow, white knights, white knights everywhere. The kind of venom people are throwing around here is the reason why so few players bother with the forums. Please make an attempt at civility if you intend to comment.

(edited by Reaven.3958)

Posted by: Kallibar.9860

Kallibar.9860

Oh noes.. now you can get 70 APs per week… and that with even less work! The horror!

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Oh noes.. now you can get 70 APs per week… and that with even less work! The horror!

And get real rewards on top of that!

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Kallibar.9860

I know, it’s almost unbearable how we got so thoroughly shifted with these new dailies. Not to mention the log in rewards…

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

When I read posts like these, I get very concerned for the intellectual growth of humanity.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Before 12 dailies gave 1 ap each, or 1 ap/daily

Now 3 dailies give 10 ap, or 3.33 ap/daily

You are now getting over 200% more ap per daily

Math is hurd.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Reaven.3958

Yeah, that actually is a problem, and I’m sad you don’t see it. It’s unfortunate anet is dumbing down the game with this kind of daily win button garbage. We could have done without some of the fluff like Ambient Killer, but for the most part I found the dailies worthwhile. Now I can just log in, faceroll for 10 minutes, and gg.

Fail.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So uh, you are complaining that you get 10AP now from doing 3 dailies rather than 1 AP per each individual???

What’s your problem, bro? You get 70AP/week now with a fraction of the effort. How is this a bad thing in any way.

Log on, do 3 dailies, enjoy your 10AP and go do whatever the heck else you want to do with all of the free time you will now have. That additional 2AP/day you aren’t able to get now must have been your favorite APs…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Reaven.3958

So uh, you are complaining that you get 10AP now from doing 3 dailies rather than 1 AP per each individual???

What’s your problem, bro? You get 70AP/week now with a fraction of the effort. How is this a bad thing in any way.

Log on, do 3 dailies, enjoy your 10AP and go do whatever the heck else you want to do with all of the free time you will now have. That additional 2AP/day you aren’t able to get now must have been your favorite APs…

You’re essentially saying “please give me more for not playing the game.” If they’re going to reduce the effort needed to attain something, anet should look at something meaningful like the insanity of the WvW achievements, not fixing a system that wasn’t broken.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Like mining in kryta and taking a sentry was some hardcore leet stuff.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Yeah, that actually is a problem, and I’m sad you don’t see it. It’s unfortunate anet is dumbing down the game with this kind of daily win button garbage. We could have done without some of the fluff like Ambient Killer, but for the most part I found the dailies worthwhile. Now I can just log in, faceroll for 10 minutes, and gg.

Fail.

The difference is that now every achievement gives other rewards beyond just 1 AP.

You mentioned sPvP, and how the lure of the dailies would bring you in sometimes when you didn’t intend to. Now, instead, you get reward track progress for those dailies. From what I’ve seen, it’s enough to boost you to your next reward. Is quicker progress towards Glorious armour or more dungeon skins less motivation than 1 AP was? And that carries over to the other dailies too. The Great Jungle Wurm daily gave an extra piece of rare equipment. The “capture a keep” WvW achievement gave a Tome of Knowledge. Today’s Fractal achievement gives an extra Pristine Fractal Relic and 60 silver worth of Agony infusions. These are material bonuses that simply didn’t exist before with the old achievements. Do you find them less motivating than 1 AP?

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Math is hurd.

I think the point he was trying to illustrate was that 10AP/day < 12AP/day. This could be seen as a problem for serious achievement hunters who are working towards the high-AP armor/weapon sets.

Sure I like the new system better personally since I don’t care too much for AP, but it gives me even less incentive to try out different aspects and areas of the game since I only need to complete 3 dailies for the 10 AP. I feel like I have more reason to log on with the new dailies/log in rewards, but I also feel like I have less reason to actually play the game due to how easy they are.

In my opinion, it feels like we’re getting participation medals in competitive sports.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Kallibar.9860

His original complaint was that he didn’t get ANY AP anymore, for doing dailies, which was just absolutely not the case. But appearantly 14 AP less per week is utterly cramping his style, or something…

Also, are you really of the impression the new, and in my opinion improved Daily system gives LESS incentive to check out different kinds of content?
The boost to the reward track experience for the PvP dailies is, I think, about 50% between 2 of the minor rewards from a track. That is quite substantial, considering you can get up to I think 6-8 (depending on which dailies are active for pvp) of these reward boosters. That’s one hell of incentive to go and work on a reward track if you were otherwise deterred by it just taking too long to finish.
Same with the WvW Dailies, you get badges and WvWexp for doing the dailies. The amount of WvWexp gained for these 4 dailies is substantially more than you’d have gained through the old Daily system, making it easier for new players who like WvW to increase their WvW rank and get those sweet sweet ability points for the WvW masteries.

I really do not see your problem with the “less incentive”… and I can’t imagine 14 AP less per week being such a hughe hit…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Math is hurd.

If we’re talking math… Before you could get 460/472 ap monthly. Now you can get 300/310. Yes, it hurts.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

I somehow have to agree with the opp. Everyone should be able to complete a set of daylies fit for his/her style of gameplay. Today solo PvE players without a level 80 chr. could not do that. As a reminder today’s ‘solo’ PvE achievements:
-Ascalon vista viewer (easy)
-Kryta lumberer (easy)
-Silverwaste event (lvl 80 map)
I don’t count the fractal thingy; Fractals are basically a special kind of dungeon, only to be done in a party.
So this is it.
I notice lots of fanboys & -girls argueing that there are rewards enough. But that is not the point. The whole idea of the new system was to give everyone equal chances, which is obviously not the case.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I really do not see your problem with the “less incentive”… and I can’t imagine 14 AP less per week being such a hughe hit…

We all have our opinions. I’m primarily a PvE player, I prefer to remain a Rabbit rank in sPvP, and I only play WvW casually. So yes, I personally feel like there is less incentive for me to actively play the game. It is unreasonable for me to assume that you should inherently understand my point of view, and equally unreasonable for one to place his or her opinion above another’s. As I previously stated, I like the new system but it feels like offering participation medals in competitive sports, which I am personally against.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Vesuvius.9874

@Kallibar

You probably want to stop trying to spoon feed such basics to everyone. The update was released just yesterday. Some people understand things rightaway, others don’t. Not everyone is the same. Watch, a week or two later when the math finally starts making sense in their heads, they’ll stop making “Why is ANET trying so hard to kill themselves?” or “Where are my laurels and AP bro?” posts.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I somehow have to agree with the opp. Everyone should be able to complete a set of daylies fit for his/her style of gameplay. Today solo PvE players without a level 80 chr. could not do that.

I can’t vouch directly for it, but I saw people in another thread say that on accounts they owned that didn’t have a level 80 character yet, their dailies were different and didn’t include either level 80 activity. So solo PvE players without a level 80 character were able to finish their dailies fine, assuming they were telling the truth.

Kallibar.9860

I somehow have to agree with the opp. Everyone should be able to complete a set of daylies fit for his/her style of gameplay. Today solo PvE players without a level 80 chr. could not do that.

I can’t vouch directly for it, but I saw people in another thread say that on accounts they owned that didn’t have a level 80 character yet, their dailies were different and didn’t include either level 80 activity. So solo PvE players without a level 80 character were able to finish their dailies fine, assuming they were telling the truth.

I think this would be the post you are referring to?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dailies-now-exclude-non-80s/first#post4632052

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I think the point he was trying to illustrate was that 10AP/day < 12AP/day. This could be seen as a problem for serious achievement hunters who are working towards the high-AP armor/weapon sets.

If you have enough AP that you’re even thinking about getting leg or chest achievement armor, your daily achievement are at or close to cap already, so those 12 AP from dailies did not exist.

In January the caps are merging. I’m not sure what the current max possible for monthlies is, but I’d guess it’s around 3,000 (I’m at around 2.5k, I’ve missed some but not a lot). Which means that you’ll be able to get an extra 2,000+ AP from the new daily system at a rate about 3x faster than the current/old monthlies would get you.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

I do/did dailies for karma. Am I better or worse off, or won’t we know until we see how many karma are in the chests?

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Considering you got 600 karma from dailies before, I’m pretty sure if you do any daily that gives liquid karma, you break even or better.

I’m a Geeleiver

Morte.5916

Oh juvenilecat. I meant to say “laurels”, not “karma”. Sorry about that…

Um, question still stands.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Note: Wow, white knights, white knights everywhere. The kind of venom people are throwing around here is the reason why so few players bother with the forums. Please make an attempt at civility if you intend to comment.

Yeah, it’s definitely not you being unreasonably negative about something that’s actually pretty good overall. And gods forbid there are people who disagree with you, the louts! Let’s label them with great prejudice to thoroughly discredit their assertions!

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

10ap for 5 mins sucks alot , just wait….

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Oh juvenilecat. I meant to say “laurels”, not “karma”. Sorry about that…

Um, question still stands.

Laurels come from the login rewards now. If you pick the bag of laurels on the 28th day, you end up with 5-15 laurels more than you would under the old system. Only reason it’s a range is because we don’t know how many laurels are in that final bag.

And that is 5-15 more assuming you completed monthly and every daily. If you missed something, now you’re doing even better.

I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Real rewards? Pfft. I only got four ancient wood from chopping stupid junk in Kessex Hills.

…wait, no, that’s a good thing!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Morte.5916

Thank you, Drarnor.

So, since I don’t care about APs, I’m not sure that I need to do dailies anymore. I guess I could maybe store the minor XP thingies for levelling that eventual 8th character.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I probably have the complete opposite perspective of OP.

I am glad I do not have to do the same daily’s every single day. Every single day it was the same thing with negligible variation.

Step 1: Play 3 PvP matches

Step 2: Do WvW the varied objective and kill 10 People.

Step 3: Go to the appropriate rez, aqua, or gather zone and roll face on keyboard for any remaining objectives.

While I enjoy every aspect of the game, this was the routine every day. It was getting old for me and my guildies. And only having a few hours to play this is what most of my game time consisted of. I am a AP hunter.

Yesterday I did 1 pvp match, won… boom done with daily AP… stuck around for a few more matches because I like it. Spent the rest of the day doing random things with my guildies for the sheer fun of it because my AP hunt was over in one match.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

You’re essentially saying “please give me more for not playing the game.” If they’re going to reduce the effort needed to attain something, anet should look at something meaningful like the insanity of the WvW achievements, not fixing a system that wasn’t broken.

exactly, anet is telling u to use those time u spent doing all those dailies in the past on getting the WvW achievements, now, go do them.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

Overall I like the system better as I normally only get 10 out of the 12 daily AP anyhow. I will however miss the 100 AP I got from doing all 10 monthly’s.

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Fail.

in this post: OP realizes he didn’t do his homework on the numbers and tries to save face

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Vesuvius.9874

Fail.

in this post: OP realizes he didn’t do his homework on the numbers and tries to save face

Or what’s left of it…

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

You still get APs for the individual Wintersday dailies.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

So does anyone know how we get the Zenith and Hellfire AP reward skins now?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

If we’re talking math… Before you could get 460/472 ap monthly. Now you can get 300/310. Yes, it hurts.

Yes but before it hurt to bash yourself against the head with a hammer enough to dull the pain of doing all those dailies for nothing but AP. Now it’s fast and over in 10 minutes.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So does anyone know how we get the Zenith and Hellfire AP reward skins now?

You get AP?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Previously you had to do all 10 dailies to get 10 AP, now you only need to complete 3 and you get better rewards. What’s the problem?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The problem the OP is having is it will muddle the use of AP as a filter for speedruns and uberboss team formation.

Got to keep those unwashed masses out of elite AP club.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The problem the OP is having is it will muddle the use of AP as a filter for speedruns and uberboss team formation.

(In case you aren’t joking, here’s a serious response)
I suck at most dungeons, but people think I’m good because I have 6,500 AP and a mini Liadri. Heck, my Guild members were shocked that I had never run any Arah path aside from story. AP was never a good way of measuring someone’s skill, and I’m a prime example of that.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

(In case you aren’t joking, here’s a serious response)
I suck at most dungeons, but people think I’m good because I have 6,500 AP and a mini Liadri. Heck, my Guild members were shocked that I had never run any Arah path aside from story. AP was never a good way of measuring someone’s skill, and I’m a prime example of that.

It was never supposed to be used to measure skill level in the way that you’re thinking. All it was meant for was to measure the likelihood of someone having a general grasp of the basics of the game. Would they be a pro and know the map like the back of their hand? Not necessarily. Should they be able to know how to dodge, basic party tactics, know about blast fields, etc? Yes.