No more loot from does in personal story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

So after the update I noticed while testing a new char out, that foes no longer drop any loot, none, zilch, zero. This was in every story mission up to the new level 20. So I jumped on a lvl 80 char and continues story ( was at lvl 20 story). I have completed all missions upto level 50 and have not had a single PS foe drop any loot at all. Only reward you get are mission rewards.

I have read nowhere that this would be happening so please tell me if I am wrong in this. Please test it yourselves and see.

Only loot from foes is exploring.

Now while potentially precursors can drop from any foe, this means that the drop rate has been reduced even further, which I find unnaceptable.

I would like to express my disgust that now we are facing fewer and fewer drops from foes just because they in story. Another way for us to get less items, meaning less gold, meaning more chance that anet will get more real money off people buying gems just so they can have some gold to use.

In basic terms, this game is becoming nothing more than a cash cow. And like all cash cows, as soon as the cash runs out, it will end up chopped, sliced, diced and minced. With nothing left to show for it.

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Posted by: Kulpath.6314

Kulpath.6314

I have been running around quite often doing personal story with my wife and even before this patch there was no loot drop in personal story instances.
I’m not too sure but I think loot drops may have stopped in personal story same time as they removed loot drops from the intro area. Oddly enough once in a blue moon a chest will drop with loot.
Off topic but I miss the early launch concept where you received karma for helping citezens in the intro. Instead of just rushing to get the intro story done it felt good to go around and save the citizens from the centaurs and you got a little reward. It was only like 2 or 3 karma but still.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

From another thread.

All of the drops were moved to the end-of-story rewards, so we could provide more predictable/consistent rewards. (This also prevents some story steps from being more profitable simply because they have more enemies to fight.)

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Personal-Story-Mob-Drops/first#post4393848

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Thank you Locoman for the link, I did find it strange but at least there was info about it somewhere

But I’d say mainly done to stop players making money…..

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Or saving money. One of the benefits of higher level PS chapters was rare skins that you only otherwise could get on exotics (several gold on the TP) or from cultural traders (for thousands of karma). There was even a set of dungeon armor available.

On top of that, they were salvageable, with some lucrative Superior Sigils attached.

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I’d much rather the Personal Story be put back in it’s complete and proper order. Loot isn’t a high priority for me.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)