Nodes on L80 maps

Nodes on L80 maps

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Every L80 maps has mithril ore, elderwood logs, orichalcum ore and ancient wood logs on them. I think that the prices of mithril is suffering because of it. Elderwood prices are depressed but it’s use vs availability is keeping the price up for the moment. Orichalcum and ancient wood logs are rare enough to keep the prices up.

Mithril has dropped quite a bit. I wonder if it’s going to become almost a trash priced item at some point that can only be sold to merchants. I wish they would diversify the nodes on the L80 maps by replacing some of them with other mineral and wood nodes on at least a few L80 maps.

I think more so mithril with the odd node of iron, silver, platinum popping up here and there. Maybe a little less with other woods replacing elderwood.

I know they can be farmed on the other maps. I’m just wondering if that would head off glut in mithril and elderwood by creating a balance with others materials. I think there are almost 15 maps with them.

Nodes on L80 maps

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Honestly it is kind of silly with how the game is designed that there are zone level specific nodes to begin with.

Why not just have all types of nodes spread across every level zone in specific areas in a more naturally occurring way?

Nodes on L80 maps

Tekoneiric.6817

Honestly it is kind of silly with how the game is designed that there are zone level specific nodes to begin with.

Why not just have all types of nodes spread across every level zone in specific areas in a more naturally occurring way?

I think they did that in mind for people as they level they would access new materials. I can understand that but since there are so many high level maps now it creates a problem with material balance. The high level maps should be the ones to be diversified not the low level maps because of new players.

Nodes on L80 maps

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I see 1 problem with your idea, that being tools. Sure it won’t be an issue for people with the unlimited tools. However those without will have to carry multiple sets and have to switch to the right ones all the time or waste their Mith/Ori tools on the lower tier nodes.

It was a pain for me before I bought my unlimited tools. I got sick of swapping Mith to Ori even when I came up to the Ancient/Ori Nodes so in the end I just stuck with Ori tools, yes I know such a waste but convenience…
Not so sure I (or others) would want to use their Mith or Ori tools on lower lvl nodes even if those materials are worth more than Mith/etc. It’s just a mindset I guess lol.

I wish they would just give us some sort of a fair trading system so we can make greater use of all the Mith/Elder we get. Example – a NPC who trades us xx amount of Iron ore for xxx amount of Mith etc. Something like this could be more simple to add and less of a headache for the players.

That or something I have suggested before – let us downgrade materials in the mystic forge. At the moment we can upgrade them so why not a downgrade?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Nodes on L80 maps

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Another problem is ‘salvage all blue/green’ option. More ppl not use that, wich means more Mithril income. But for instance, salvaging a Greatsword (green) 1,98 silver npc price, usually gives less back (1-2 mithril, being 1 silver), selling to npc is wiser, but people will now use the ‘easy’ option, salvage all.

Mithril is also quite packed on the crater in new map, wich probably also means influx.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Nodes on L80 maps

Tekoneiric.6817

I was thinking more on this. For existing maps what they could do is have mithril nodes give 2 mithril and one of another metal or with a chance of giving a 4th random item. It might be a bit strange to do that with tree nodes. It’s a game so they could go for it.

It’s safe to say that all the lower level maps that exist now is all there will ever be in the game. The only new maps they create will be L80 maps. Eventually they could have 20 or even 30 high level maps. That’s a lot of maps with mithril and elderwood. I really think they need to balance it out.

I see 1 problem with your idea, that being tools. Sure it won’t be an issue for people with the unlimited tools. However those without will have to carry multiple sets and have to switch to the right ones all the time or waste their Mith/Ori tools on the lower tier nodes.

It was a pain for me before I bought my unlimited tools. I got sick of swapping Mith to Ori even when I came up to the Ancient/Ori Nodes so in the end I just stuck with Ori tools, yes I know such a waste but convenience…
Not so sure I (or others) would want to use their Mith or Ori tools on lower lvl nodes even if those materials are worth more than Mith/etc. It’s just a mindset I guess lol.

Yea I was in that mindset for awhile myself. I stopped doing that especially with characters I use on L80 maps. My main characters have the gem store tools but I only get ori tools for the others unless I’m specifically using them on a lower map. On some of my characters I’m still burning through the extra tools I bought. I use them as an excuse to map complete with my secondary characters. Gold is still cheap. The 2 gold from dailies more than cover the cost of using only ori tools.

As to the downgrade suggestion; it’s something they could do as a balance fix mainly with trees. They could add a lumber milling option in crafting to generate other wood grades from elderwood.

Nodes on L80 maps

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I very much agree with this. Once you reach the maps with Mithril and Hard wood, they should definitely have everything rather than just the highest tiers. This extremely arbitrary distribution causes more and more issues as we get more and more lvl 80 maps with nothing but Mithril and Hardwood. We also need better ways to get leather and cloth.