Nov. Monthly Achievement Alienates Casuals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I got the spvp monthly. And if you just show up for 3 games you get the daily. But seriously, how many glory boosters do you want? And 5 extra pvp salvage kits (i.e. 75 pvp items, which is almost a lifetime supply). Oy!

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

What happened to like, putting in an effort, working hard, and getting rewarded as a result of it?

There’s many people in real life who persevere under circumstances they hate. But they persevere nonetheless, and sometimes, they get rewarded.

This is just a game, and rewards are guaranteed for your efforts. Seriously, stop being lazy. If you want to be rewarded, prepared to work hard towards that goal. Not every step of the way will be fun.

I bought this game to pvp, I work hard in that area of the game, where’s my monthly rewards? Just because a player does not put in the effort in the same areas of the game as you does not mean they do not “work” for their rewards in other areas. Because I don’t want to do a dungeon I must be lazy and a freeloader and want everything for free! again the elitist way of thinking.

You are right this is a “game” and it caters to a broad range of players, the rewards are being pushed to one segment of players, so we’re here to give feedback, if you don’t like it you can always optionally not read these threads.

If you PvP only, why do you want to the monthly achievement? All the monthly achievement gives is a little bit of achievement points (completely cosmetic, worthless), some silver (barely any. If you purely PvP though, you don’t need it anyways), some mystic coins (Not used in any PvP recipes if I’m not mistaken), and some karma (not used in PvP at all).

So yea, I’m confused. You’re essentially saying you want these mainly PvE rewards (karma, mystic coin…). But you say you mainly PvP. You do get PvP monthly rewards you know. Tourney tickets and glory boosters I believe.

Wait…So why do you want the PvE monthly rewards again?

Common misconception from people who don’t wvw I guess. It cost money and karma to upgrade structures in wvw. You can also purchase pve exotics instead of wvw exotics for wvw, there are pieces that have the same stats as the wvw items, it’s easier than doing it with the badges because they take a lot longer to accumulate for the entire set, especially if you’re playing more than one character. Also you get exp coin and karma from completely wvw objectives. Mystic coins can be used to forge weapons which again can be used in wvw or make some extra money, you don’t need to 100% power/toughness/vitalty gear on, I tend to use the weapons with offensive stats.

Also, wvw is considered by anet to be under pve rules, when they state pvp they mean structured pvp not wvw pvp. The new daily and monthly pvp are for spvp only, which has nothing to do with the rest of the game.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Also, wvw is considered by anet to be under pve rules, when they state pvp they mean structured pvp not wvw pvp. The new daily and monthly pvp are for spvp only, which has nothing to do with the rest of the game.

Forgive me. This is what confused me the most. You originally stated you got the game for PvP. I thought you meant you solely sPvP/tPvP, as I go by Anet’s definition of PvP (sPvP/tPvP) and PvE (PvE/WvW). Which is why I was confused as to why a purely PvP player would want these PvE rewards.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Most players were under the assumption that wvw operated under pvp rules until last week, when you said pvp spvp and wvw was implied, until a dev stated that the latest pvp changes were spvp only and wvw is considered pve.

Reread my post again, sorry for the confusion, I got the game for wvw not s/t/pvp, wow already had that I didn’t need to come here for it

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Posted by: Rojaha.4082

Rojaha.4082

Why does the monthly achievement need to be made of activities every single person finds enjoyable, or will obtain effortlessly by just following their normal play habits?

What if someone doesn’t like WvW?

What if someone doesn’t like using salvage kits instead of just vendoring or posting?

What if someone only likes instanced dungeons and doesn’t want to go out into the world?

No matter what, there will always be someone saying “But I don’t like doing this part!” Well, then don’t do it, and don’t get the achievement. Why does everyone need it?

The way I see it, the monthlies seem to be there to encourage people to try out various types of content, like holiday events / new dungeons / keep dungeons populated / etc, and the monthly reward is the reward for doing so. If it was meant to just be something you get every month for doing whatever you wanted, then they’d just send people free stuff in the mail every month and not bother with an “achievement”.