OMFG. Insta-buy. #finallysomemaleskimpy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

[&DBUAAAA=] Daydreamer’s Finery

[disclaimer: this is not out yet – it was datamined by a player who I won’t name because he gets a bad wrap for these things when he’s just trying to help us]

You can also preview this in the ‘outfits’ tab in-game – thanks to those who pointed this out in the thread.

FINALLY something with a bit of skimpy for males. A million times thank you to anet for this.

The outfit seems to have 4 dye channels – the gem looking areas are dyeable.

Please continue making more male skimpy – perhaps another one with a bit more leg muscle? :-P

And please let’s not turn this into a ‘zomg it’s another outfit rage@@@@1111 ima show them with my wallet I refuse to buy X from now on’ thread. There’s plenty of them out there. We get it, you don’t like them. Some of us do like outfits so. Let’s just take a moment to celebrate the fact we’ll finally see some male skimpy being available to all classes for once in a blue moon.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Attachments:

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I love it and I’m going to buy it as soon as it’s released.

By the way, it’s in the outfit panel already so if you want to preview it in game you can.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Zaoda.1653

I love it and I’m going to buy it as soon as it’s released.

By the way, it’s in the outfit panel already so if you want to preview it in game you can.

Oh awesome ty :-D

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

It look fabulous

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

The objectification of male sexuality is disgusting and I will quit this game because of it!!!1!

/sarcasm

On topic: hilarious find.

[SoF]

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

you got me all excited and then disappointed since it’s still not much… but a welcome addition.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Finally! Now the world can behold my characters manly abs!
Even looks decent on Charr.

Zaoda.1653

you got me all excited and then disappointed since it’s still not much… but a welcome addition.

Yeah, woulda been nice for a bit more skimpy in the leg department but I mean I’ll take whatever I can get – and abs are good :-P cause heavy class ALWAYS gets the majority of the skimpy skins, so it’ll be nice for my light armored males to get something.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

You don’t need the chatcode, it’s actually available to try in the outfit panel (we can’t buy it yet, though). :p
I love it. It’s got some kind of “eccentric noble” feel. Looks so fab I can already see my mesmer wearing it. :>
I wish I could use the mesmer starter masks with it, though, I don’t like the headgear.

Also, as someone who also wants more skimpy male outfit/armors… thank you Anet. :p I’m waiting for some less “flamboyant” looking skimpy male armor, now.

Edit : Have some screenshots with more neutral colors. :p

Attachments:

(edited by PetboyJoshua.3108)

Posted by: SkinnyT.5382

SkinnyT.5382

I love this look so much, I just wish it was an armor set and not just an outfit.

Zaoda.1653

Yeah it looks very elegant-elf-esque almost. I think mesmers in particular will rock this outfit very well.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Still not skimpy enough for me but well done Anet. Even if it is an outfit. I have some bucks sitting aside for something Conanesque/pulp fantasy, even if it was an outfit.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Shinju.1083

Shinju.1083

This is something I’d like to see for the summer season (as outfits):

MEN
sunglasses
towel cape
swimming trunks/speedo
sandals

WOMEN
sunhat
towel cape
bikini/one piece bathing suits
flip flops

Shinju [SoF] Ranger

Girl Gamer

SkinnyT.5382

Woah there; this is not The Sims.

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

what do you mean “finally”? feathered has been out since launch.. and the heavy armor too. I forgot the name.

SkinnyT.5382

Oh I’m sorry 1 out of 62 armors for male casters shows some chest and/or abs. Guess it met the quota!

(edited by SkinnyT.5382)

Zaoda.1653

I never said we didn’t have feathered or that males never had any skimpy lol…

I say ‘finally’ because it’s been donkey years since we’ve had anything remotely skimpy for males. Feathered has been out since launch, yes, and probably the last bit of skimpy we received was the raiment of the lich (showing abs). The feathered top is nice in how much skin it reveals, but I don’t like the long sleeves.

This looks much better, and although I still wish we didn’t have the long sleeves that go along with this outfit, it’s at least better looking than the feathered long sleeves imo.

And yes this isn’t The Sims – gold medal on spotting that XD but luckily this is also a game where they can put in whatever they want, despite however different our fashion tastes may be. Heck, I think it’s odd seeing the countess anise outfit on a female charr because it just looks like a very humanesque outfit rather than a charr outfit, but you won’t see me protesting those wearing it lol. Different strokes for different folks.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

well done for this different kind of “armor”, thanks.

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

what do you mean “finally”? feathered has been out since launch.. and the heavy armor too. I forgot the name.

Feathered is ugly though

Zaoda.1653

This is something I’d like to see for the summer season (as outfits):

MEN
sunglasses
towel cape
swimming trunks/speedo
sandals

WOMEN
sunhat
towel cape
bikini/one piece bathing suits
flip flops

Yes please. A lord faren outfit (wearing nothing but his famous speedo’s) and a kasmeer outfit (what the mini southsun kasmeer wears)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Yeah, woulda been nice for a bit more skimpy in the leg department but I mean I’ll take whatever I can get – and abs are good :-P cause heavy class ALWAYS gets the majority of the skimpy skins, so it’ll be nice for my light armored males to get something.

Yes, especially the bolded part. Something like Braham’s leg armor minus the skirt. And it’s imperative that it be armor skin so you can mix it with other stuff to stretch that skimpiness as far as possible!

I’m still waiting for my update to download. I’m sure it’s not any of my characters’ style tho but bravo. It’s about 2 steps away from luchador attire which would be something my character might wear

PetboyJoshua.3108

Yeah, woulda been nice for a bit more skimpy in the leg department (…)

Zodiac armor without the blue texture.
Make it happen, Arenanet. :p (And add some underwear if you do.)

(Photoshopped screen to show what I mean.)

Attachments:

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Too bad it’s a trenchcoat I want to see some sexy male butts darn it.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

It’s beautiful. My only two complaints are the same as always: I want to wear my own helms with them and wish this could be toggled like in GW1, and the rigging on the sylvari pants is doing the usual petticoat poof on males.

That said, please keep giving us styles like this, ANet, a lot of us have been wanting stuff like this for a while. (Male sylvari body glow and Norn tattoos always get hidden!)

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Sylv.5324

In comparison to female armor, and gw1 armor, males have comparatively few sets, even though several races have things like tattoos, body glows, etc.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Not really my cup of tea but grats to those who have been waiting for something of this sort.

Posted by: J Season.9156

J Season.9156

Exposure of the abs with the rest of the body entirely covered is considered “skimpy”?

Welcome, my dear patron from 1970, there is much to see in 2015! xD

Baumchen

Posted by: felzero.8526

felzero.8526

finally my money is saved not buying this crappy one, ty anet

Sylv.5324

That is what we’re reduced to, J. :<

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

Sooooo faaabulous! You’re SO getting my money for this. And since you’re listening, my dear devvie-poos…

It’s beautiful. My only two complaints are the same as always: I want to wear my own helms with them and wish this could be toggled like in GW1, and the rigging on the sylvari pants is doing the usual petticoat poof on males.

That said, please keep giving us styles like this, ANet, a lot of us have been wanting stuff like this for a while. (Male sylvari body glow and Norn tattoos always get hidden!)

And also, like someone else said above, now that we have this, adding something Conan-esque would be SO nice. Especially if it was a line of actual armors that can be mixed and matched.

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

-Strokes abs, wiggles toes, bites lip- Mmm, kinda wish I had a male character just for this outfit… Just gonna have to stand awkwardly close to the guys that get it when it comes out I guess.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Yeah, woulda been nice for a bit more skimpy in the leg department (…)

Zodiac armor without the blue texture.
Make it happen, Arenanet. :p (And add some underwear if you do.)

(Photoshopped screen to show what I mean.)

That’s pretty good! Let me try.

(bleh, had to splice 3 shots because the Charr loincloth gets in the way)

Attachments:

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Oh man, this is terrible. I hope I don’t see this running around.

Sylv.5324

Oh, you will. You will.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Not as much as I’d like but I’ll be buying this instantly too, idk why Anet is trying to deny me running around as a bare chested male character in leather armor!

I mean cmon, there’s plenty of skimpy heavy, light and female armor pieces can make leather users get SOMETHING?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Oh wow…the male version looks much better than the female variant. To me, anyways. Hmm.

Posted by: Shinju.1083

Shinju.1083

-Strokes abs, wiggles toes, bites lip- Mmm, kinda wish I had a male character just for this outfit… Just gonna have to stand awkwardly close to the guys that get it when it comes out I guess.

I literally lol’d at this.

Shinju [SoF] Ranger

Girl Gamer

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I don’t like it. :/

Think I would prefer a fully bare chest, with more rugged clothes (skins and furs, or whatever), in a kind of barbaric style, than this.

This just looks like he forgot a piece of his armour while getting dressed, or had to leave the house suddenly, due to a fire…

ETA: Knew I’d seen something like it somewhere before…

Robbie Williams, Let Me Entertain You (decided not to link to it, as some people might not like it).

Don’t get me wrong, Robbie was pretty hilarious in that video, but still.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

these only work on pretty boy humans

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

The objectification of male sexuality is disgusting and I will quit this game because of it!!!1!

/sarcasm

On topic: hilarious find.

LMAO! +1

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Now all we need to do is rock up at Mordremoth’s front doorstep with an army of manly men clad in these outfits and it’ll make him wanna’ retire coz’….

HOT Daaaa yyyy aaaa mmmm nnn~

(edited by Zephyra.4709)

Posted by: Sefirah.6193

Sefirah.6193

Thanks for finding this, but this isn’t really skimpy at all in my opinion, kind of a letdown. I really, really would hope to someday see something in the same style as Testament from Guilty Gear – that’s kind of my fantasy in terms of revealing male outfits, especially since my main is a male human necromancer. Doubt it’ll happen, but if it ever does, I’m grabbing it day one for sure.

Posted by: silviuscr.2185

silviuscr.2185

When they release it, I REALLY hope they make a texture update because it looks low quality with the current textures (and no, my game isn’t on low settings).

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Too bad it’s a trenchcoat I want to see some sexy male butts darn it.

Quick swapping has you covered.

Attachments:

PetboyJoshua.3108

Some more attempts with the Zodiac Armor.
Make it happeeeen, Arenanet. :d The Daydreamer outfit is good, but there’s so much potential to make skimpier outfits for males (that aren’t Heavy armor class).

Btw : I also enjoy armors that cover every bit of skin, or more realistic sets, but while there’s already lots of those, gw2 clearly lacks some nice skimpy armors for males (…And female tuxedos).

Attachments:

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Meh, i dont like it, its bad for a male

Posted by: Lex Domino.6283

Lex Domino.6283

I don’t hate that it’s an outfit, I hate that they made it so you can’t control which parts of an outfit you have on.

Why choose to make outfits all one piece when they could easily give us all the little tabs with a checkmark we can turn on or off?

I’d literally just wear the top part and turn the rest off so I can have my pants. I hate those stupid skirts attached to 95% of the armors in this game.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I don’t hate that it’s an outfit, I hate that they made it so you can’t control which parts of an outfit you have on.

Why choose to make outfits all one piece when they could easily give us all the little tabs with a checkmark we can turn on or off?

I’d literally just wear the top part and turn the rest off so I can have my pants. I hate those stupid skirts attached to 95% of the armors in this game.

Dude, you’re literally saying “I don’t care that it’s an outfit, I hate that it has all the properties of an outfit”

Posted by: Lex Domino.6283

Lex Domino.6283

Dude, you’re literally saying “I don’t care that it’s an outfit, I hate that it has all the properties of an outfit”

Except this isn’t how outfits were until they “revamped” them a while ago. Outfits used to come in parts that you could put on separately and not all of us asked for or wanted this change. I’d rather have my outfits in parts like they used to be or have it so I can choose which part is turned on.

You make it sound like I invented something out of thin air. It’s a change A.net forced on us when the system was quite different. People wanted to save bag space so to make them less attractive they make one check mark instead of slots for each piece like armor? It makes no sense, and really didn’t save them much time… Just seems lazy and like a way to annoy people.

There’s a reason most players wear their armor instead of outfits… they can control individual parts for more customization. Outfits need to go back to the way they were or the interface needs to be edited so you can turn parts on or off.