Obsidian Armor GW1

Obsidian Armor GW1

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Dear Anet,

If you’re planning to release these sets in GW2 make sure it will look great or RIOT! Tnx

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

All of them? Or just the one your main had. There were 10 different versions (also male and female) of that armor. If you’re going to ask, at least say which ones.

Obsidian armor

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Mesmer and paragon might look OK in gw2. But ya I really hate to seem the as outfits in the gemstore. Better to remember them as they were/are.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Especially considering there was huge variation between versions. The dervish one is kind of cool but the ranger one looks like starter armour.

I suspect if they released the elementalist version as light armour and the assassin one as medium armour they’d be very popular, simply because it would give light armoured characters trousers without any type of skirt/tunic hem and medium armoured characters a top that doesn’t go below the waist.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

All of them? Or just the one your main had. There were 10 different versions (also male and female) of that armor. If you’re going to ask, at least say which ones.

Obsidian armor

I would like the heavy armor.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Especially considering there was huge variation between versions. The dervish one is kind of cool but the ranger one looks like starter armour.

I suspect if they released the elementalist version as light armour and the assassin one as medium armour they’d be very popular, simply because it would give light armoured characters trousers without any type of skirt/tunic hem and medium armoured characters a top that doesn’t go below the waist.

Funny, I consider the ranger obby to be the best of the lot. To each their own ; )

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Would like to see the Elite Templar armor set

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Obsidian armor

I would like the heavy armor.

Heavy armor? Paragon?

A good choice. The skirts on that heavy armor were lovely.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

I would LOVE the necro obby armour as a light armour skin or outfit.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

The male warrior variant is so hilarious looking. I still laugh seeing players run around with it and the chaos gloves on in GW1.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The male warrior variant is so hilarious looking. I still laugh seeing players run around with it and the chaos gloves on in GW1.

ug you had to remind us…

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: AinSoph.5063

AinSoph.5063

I did it for years in GW1, I would do it for years on GW2.

Please Anet.

—Ain Soph— Warrior
—Fort Aspenwood—

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ugh. Can’t say I’m really fond of any of them, and some are downright ooogly.

But, of course, no rioting here, as others may enjoy these armors.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can guarantee that no matter how much you like a skin, 20% of the community hates it. And likewise, no matter how much you despise a skin, 20% of the community loves it. That’s why we have these anti-wing backpack threads at the same time the gold:gem ratio spikes because people are converting coin to pay for them.

As per usual, I like 2 of the 10 obbi armor sets from GW1 (and I wouldn’t be caught dead in some of the others).

I’m not against ANet bringing back more legacy skins, especially as outfits. Still, my preference is to see what new things the art team can come up with.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Guys, let’s not mention the cool stuff from GW1, please. ANet will just add it as a stupid gemstore skin and every bit of prestige that came with it will be lost, and we’ll only be left with the bitterness.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Guys, let’s not mention the cool stuff from GW1, please. ANet will just add it as a stupid gemstore skin and every bit of prestige that came with it will be lost, and we’ll only be left with the bitterness.

There was very little prestige associated with most GW1 skins: most had RNG rates worse than precursors & many dropped with stats specific to builds that no one used. You could buy nearly all the weapon skins you wanted in Kamadan, with a price based on the drop rate + stats and nearly all the armor skins were a matter of grinding mats.

An account with the green-striped candy cane skins is more an indicator of how efficient the player was at building up coin, not about skill or even luck. You can’t tell if someone sporting a Frog Scepter got it as a drop or bought it from someone who got it as a drop.

GW2 skins might not have a lot of prestige associated with them, but it’s certainly no worse than GW1.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

The only one I’ve ever liked was the Rit one, and somehow the Warrior one. The others looked either too simple or too awkward for me.

Obsidian Armor GW1

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

God, these were the ugliest set available, across pretty much every class.