Official Episode 6 Feedback Thread: One Path Ends

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

without ‘adaptive lighting’ (which I never use by the way), the hide out area was overly dark (screenshot attached).

my opinion on the story is reflected in many of the posts here, so I won’t repeat those points. I will say it was extremely disappointing, along with another round of go here do that heart.

I really liked the map though. was great to go back to Orr again.

Attachments:

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Oh as for the map. Overall, I like the new map well enough. It has a fun feel to it. So that at least I don’t have any complaints about. Just the actual story chapter itself is very poor.

I was fine with the bosses in the episode. Self Doubt was very annoying at first, but once you realize the trick with the ghosts it’s fine. I absolutely loathed that puzzle in the first mission though. For the love of god, put that kind of crap as something optional and not a main part of the story.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Siren’s Landing, great new zone. Key points:

• Well done on the Unchained AI boost mechanic (the Intelligence buff from kingpins). Those zombies suddenly get a lot more interesting and players can look for those fights or avoid them quite easily. The kingpins are really easy to spot.
  • Coffer merchant is interesting the way the limit replenishes with activity. I keep checking back. Enjoying this feature.
  • Shrine “waypoints” are great for doing hearts, well placed, easy to unlock.
  • The hearts are actually really fun, among the best of the LWS3 maps. Some really great mechanics at them.
  • The ley-line organs are very thought provoking for exploration, especially the 1-shot nature of them. And of course they’re useful at hearts. Taming reclaimed wraiths was fun, I saw them following me and others around at Grenth.
  • Plenty of foraging and exploration to do. Some of the scavenger hunt stuff was a bit nuts but hey, Dulfy exists.

Personal Story notes:

• Great! Overall I enjoyed this release so much more than the last. On par with the Lake Doric release, which I also loved.
  • Being a long time Guild Wars player I knew exactly who Livia is and her voice lines were perfect. It seems like players unfamiliar with her were giving a lot of flak and I put that down to them not knowing that yup, that’s Livia!
  • A major concern that I have is that this story is a very strong one. It won’t “fit” many characters because it’s so strongly defined. This “commander” we’re playing should be several characters with entirely separate identities.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Really? Asura, having the chance to glimps into an old order and ‘research’ its secrets? Asura are known to do anything for knowledge. Charr, after being booted out from the legions, being part of some order, the pact, fighting side by side with humans, even seraph, and you have a problem overcoming speci-ism? Then you were unfit to be a pact commander in the first place. Good thing one was replaced as one…

Um, no. Your Charr is never booted from their Legion. You are still a part of it. You still answer to the Citadel. And as I said, taking this oath is insanely stupid no matter what race you are. It’s just even MORE stupid if you are a Charr.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Please don’t continue the puzzles. It’s very annoying

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Terrible. I had no idea who the main characters in this storyline were and, after completing it, I still have no idea what any of this has to do with finding Balthazar. I literally had to go searching the forums for an explanation of who the main characters were and why I should care. As a season finale, I am simply shocked that the writers thought this would be a good way to wrap up. You blew it. Plain and simple.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I liked the ley line organs. The mechnics allow it to be the mastery.

The song system matery is weird and not intuitive, I do noty mind choosing a buff, but not having any say about the buff makes the buffunimportant and trivail as the needed bonusses are never available. It has no tie in with the game other then giving a buff which I consequently never use. It feels unimportant and trivial.

After lava chutes, grappling vines and more interesting masteries this feels useless. OR worse, completly overpowered. Dropping the balthazar buff between a group consisting of 2 PS condi’s 2 condi rangers and 2 condi ele’s with max stacks and banners we almost oneshotted a boss…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Terrible. I had no idea who the main characters in this storyline were and, after completing it, I still have no idea what any of this has to do with finding Balthazar. I literally had to go searching the forums for an explanation of who the main characters were and why I should care. As a season finale, I am simply shocked that the writers thought this would be a good way to wrap up. You blew it. Plain and simple.

It was so chaotic and fast! Like the random Henge of Denravi part that I feel I missed a lot of dialogue on because the entire time you’re trying to kill as many as you can and make sure you’re protecting the others. And in other parts where you’re busy fighting 10 other things or trying to solve some puzzle and Taimi is just muttering in your ear about Braham.

So much dialogue I didn’t even catch because it was happening while 10 other things were going on.

It’s probably great for guild wars 1 players but something like Henge of Denravi, I don’t have any background knowledge of outside of that particular instance because I never played the first game.

And it’s nice they brought in who they brought in, but why make them disappear, only to reappear and then just be killed right away. I don’t know. I really enjoy the aesthetics of the map but the rest of it was just a big miss for me. I’m still not even sure what the mastery does in the new map. Or what the point of them glowing above your head is when you use them? I guess just showing that the buff is active?

Another thing that bothered me was the extremely strange and kind of non-sensical Abaddon text from the collection. The last three pages just seem like rambling, which I guess it’s supposed because it’s written in the margin by someone studying them? But who is studying them? Why did this person have all of these pages to begin with?

I’m going to have to play through it again because I’m still feeling like I missed a lot.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Short version:
Overall, disappointing. Least favorite map and very low replayability for me.

Specifically:

• story was very short and feels like a total non-sequitor. As others have said, if you’re not playing as human, the oath stuff seems really out-of-place.
  • buying waypoints is crap.
  • the tone of the entire episode was verbally cutting and had a lack of levity.
  • I’ve done over 90% of the map and I’ve not seen anything about acquiring the mastery. From what I’ve read about it, I don’t think I’ll bother.
  • Why is Braham only a footnote? Sure, he has been superbly annoying, but aren’t his actions kind of important?
  • Orr map feels stale; I wish it had offered a more visible difference from other Orr maps.
  • I’d hoped to see a lot of lore but apparently it’s behind a challenging treasure hunt.
  • Sadly, the team didn’t learn their lesson from the HoT finale in which players were side-lined during the story instance and couldn’t play with friends. We don’t play this game to become bored.
  • Final fight sucks. SpoilerPutting aside the seeming stupidity of resurrecting Lazurus only to kill him... Between adds and CCs and Livia's lack of living, the fight really sucks. I couldn’t solo it, which is okay in the first week but miserable for players past that first-release high point.
  • I’m disappointed there’s a cat I’ll never get access to.
  • Final cut-scene didn’t make sense to me Spoilerbeyond 'Balthazar wants to destroy the world' …and I already knew where we’re headed.

Positives:

• Thank you for not introducing another stupid key to keep track of.
  • A thousand thank yous for the material storage update, even if forge stones didn’t make it in.
  • Thank you for the portal tome (and I hope you update it slightly to organize the list).
  • I thought the Dwayna flying area was fun.

Posted by: Host Tar.8436

Host Tar.8436

I liked it overall.
+ Map was really nice, the lore books give excellent bits of information.
+ Really like the mechanics of the map & the brilliant random conversations the NPCs have. The dirges are so good. They’re bloody powerful too! I was basically immortal at one stage in the lyssa place! While everyone who hit me took all the damage they were doing. Immense. (I really recommend people hunt those dirges in groups & stack them).

- My only wish is we had more Orr post Zhaitan. I really hope we see more, see how things progress & what happens to the unchained; there’s an army of dead waiting to be taken control of!

+ Story was ok. I liked most of it, I see why it could have been necessary, but I kind of feel like it was a bit overkill.

+ Love seeing old characters back again. Hope they make more appearances.

- A big annoyance was the floor puzzle room – so easy but so so so long! Why did I have to cross it so many times so slowly… make it just once or twice MAX!

- Also, please make the mystery character a little more kitten when in combat – he/she/it is supposed to be incredibly powerful, why was I rezing him/her/it so much?!

Posted by: Maiku Larzon.7150

Maiku Larzon.7150

~We can’t be caught. We are outside the grid.
we are the ultimate defence against mordremoth.
We are Ley Line Jumpers

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

Im probably the only one, but I liked the new map, most mechanics, the puzzles (IMHO they were easy, but with the reception I wouldnt dare to make them more difficult) and specially the boss fight: it really felt like a boss fight and thats something thats really improving from the core GW2 game.

The only things I didn’t really like are the unlock-able way-points as IMHO they really don’t add something fun to the game and the way to story forces you to make an oath that could kill your character. Thats like some really big decision to be made for the players, specially when its a little contradictory to what non-human characters would probably do.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’ve done my fair share of complaining about Season 3 and Episode 6, so I wanted to trim that out for a moment and focus on the good.

The Good Stuff

Dirges – Didn’t quite work out that great in Siren’s Landing, but I like the mechanic. Possibly something for a future raid or fractal?

Living World Portal Tome – I got my shared inventory slots back! (Small issue? Bitterfrost portal seems to take me to the wrong place.)

Jumping Puzzle – The JP itself was an amusing venture, probably just the right amount of funstration. And that checkpoint system! Yus.

Waypoints – Once we get past the “wah, I have to buy waypoints with pearls” shock, I have to say Thank You. Waypoints that are account bound and free to use? Fantastic.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Episode 6 is a great end to LWS3. The best part is it touches lore from all over the Guild Wars universe. I have to say, I really love it and I’m looking forward to what is next!

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: VanHalenRules.5243

VanHalenRules.5243

Only one complaint I have so far (besides the ridiculous LAG): What’s with the one-chop ancient wood trees?

Altered Tuner, Hockey Defender (CD server)

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Only one complaint I have so far (besides the ridiculous LAG): What’s with the one-chop ancient wood trees?

Ori nodes are the same, only one swing.

Edit: For this being in Orr, there are no Seaweed nodes either, only Coral.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

(edited by Loosmaster.8263)

Posted by: kayeferr.1745

kayeferr.1745

Once again too many of the achievements are designed to need huge toughness. Characters with less, especially thieves who depend on ability chaining and single engages, are virtually unable to complete achieves like Fearless, as their core class mechanic is nerfed too hard by the design of the challenge. The punishes people who took less durable classes as their main story completion character (most people have only 1).

I agree the achievements in the second part are ridiculous cause the power of the waves makes it impossible for most players to complete if this is the way it is going to be I will not get the next expansion and that is sad cause I have played since before the official launch of the game but the new achievements are just to ridiculous to complete

kayeferr.1745

Once again too many of the achievements are designed to need huge toughness. Characters with less, especially thieves who depend on ability chaining and single engages, are virtually unable to complete achieves like Fearless, as their core class mechanic is nerfed too hard by the design of the challenge. The punishes people who took less durable classes as their main story completion character (most people have only 1).

I agree the achievements in the second part are ridiculous cause the power of the waves makes it impossible for most players to complete if this is the way it is going to be I will not get the next expansion and that is sad cause I have played since before the official launch of the game but the new achievements are just to ridiculous to complete

kayeferr.1745

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I love it,the new map looks nice and it’s nice to go back to Orr! I can’t say I liked the dialogue that much and the story was kinda short.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

well…. I’m a bit disappointed actually. We were told that LS would take a bit longer to do this patch, due to it being a finale and that they were gonna roll roughly 2 patches worth of content out in this event. If anything its half as Eventful as draconis mons and so poorly written that plot holes abound! I’m usually happy with the LS stuff, but this…. this has me concerned and unhappy. I feel lied to, let down, and utterly railroaded…. the only thing I DO like, is the fact were back in Orr….

Posted by: NewAkuma.2184

NewAkuma.2184

I’d just like to know ANet why do we constantly have npc’s mock our player character’s intelligence every single episode, honestly.. Anise basically calls us stupid at the beginning of this episode and our character’s just like “yeah haha”…?

kayeferr.1745

The Student of Bartholos is bugged …the desk that book 2 is suppose to be on is gone and if I click on the book it shows I have 2 but not 3 and if I click on the achievement it shows I have 3 but not 2 …please help i only need one more to finish

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

The Student of Bartholos is bugged …the desk that book 2 is suppose to be on is gone and if I click on the book it shows I have 2 but not 3 and if I click on the achievement it shows I have 3 but not 2 …please help i only need one more to finish

I did it yday idk man.

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

Disappointed with the ending. I wasn’t really hoping Lazarus would awaken from his slumber and after the fight he would confess how he was wrong and that would set up a big redemption arc for him and the white mantle. I would have preferred to see that instead of Livia somehow surviving after 300 years of absence and somehow being alive when she should have rested in peace and faded to dust. Otherwise it was really good!

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Finished it now..

1. Abbaddon’s Ascent is fun and all the better for not requiring any special mechanic, like Draconis Mons requires the oak vine which suffers from lag. Most of Abbaddon’s is fairly intuitive, and the glide down from the top is incredible. It feels like one of the classics jps from Core.

2. I thought it would be annoying… but I didn’t mind unlocking the waypoints. This is one mechanic I wouldn’t mind trying again in another map.

3. Got the new mastery but didn’t find much use for it. It needs to find a way to be useful all over Tyria.

4. I liked that past episodes found another use with the legendary trinket, with a new collection to complete for each past map.

5. The map itself was easy enough to navigate with some suitably challenging vistas and mastery points and mapping it once was decent fun, but it’s not really interesting enough for a repeat visit. There’s plenty of gloomy Orr already and this Orr, which was supposed to be cleansed, didn’t look any different. It would have been nice to get some inkling of Orr in its hey-day, even if only via a vision.

6. I enjoyed the interaction with Kerida/Livia. More than that - I liked her as a character, despite not having played GW1. Her world-weary way of speaking, and strange unfamiliarity with modern tech, made sense once you find out her story. The ending, where you leave her in that chamber, contemplating what to do with her life now that the mission that's been driving her all those centuries is over, almost moved me to tears. She seemed so tired and fragile. I'd love to see her again but I think that would spoil the gravitas of her ending here. It's better this way.

In summary, the season was disjoint and confusing, but overall I liked this episode.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I didn’t enjoy the puzzle part at all, and only got to episode 2 before giving up on the storyline. Didn’t like joining a club I didn’t want to join, but enjoyed getting to the new region afterwards, and enjoyed unlocking the shrines (alternatives to waypoints), and liked that they don’t cost any copper/silver to teleport to.

^ 58 words ^

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: penguin.6491

penguin.6491

The whole Shining Blade & Oath thing felt random and did not feel right. It honestly felt like a filler to just have us doing something and I did not feel like it connected to my character or what my character would have done. Fillers to me should be filling up hearts and map stuff, not whatever that was.

After one LS part ends I look forward to jumping back in and finding out more. I don’t expect a ‘fireworks finale’ but this definitely did not -feel- like a good way to close off. I’m not anticipating a new LS, I guess is what I’m saying.

New maps are fun, but can’t they just be new places to explore and not have a ‘gimmick’ that outside of the LS time frame I’m never going to us/do? I suppose that’s a personal opinion but I thought I’d throw that out there.

kayeferr.1745

I did it yday idk man.

Yes I had several friends that did also but the desk seems to have been removed in one of the recent updates

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I actually liked the story and the bosses/puzzles but the dialogues made me cringe. The new map is okay, nothing fancy but it was easy to explore (haven’t played many of the events yet).

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

It seems that only specific Kingpin enemies count fro the “Kingpin Slayer” achieve on Siren’s Landing. This should not happen. If you have a “kingpin slayer” achieve, ANYTHING WITH KINGPIN IN THE NAME SHOULD COUNT. Either fix the achieve or rename things so it is clear who counts.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I do feel that, like the Braziers in Bitterfrost, the songs are a mechanic that will not recur and feels tacked on and needlessly complicated for the sake of doing SOMETHING. It would have been fine to have a map without a new mastery or maybe with all the previous masteries combined. The songs actually feel more like traps, as triggering them is more likely to kill you than anything else. Coordination-reliant abilities on an open world map filled with random people doesn’t seem like a good fit.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I’m sorry, but if I had wanted to play a puzzle game, I would have bought a puzzle game instead of this game.

The jumping puzzle/puzzle element used to be a side element back when the game launched, didn’t do them then when it was a choice, sure as kitten don’t want to do them now as kitten requirements.

I was hyped about the new expansion, but I was hyped for a GuildWars2 expansion, not a GuildPuzzle2/PuzzleWars2 that this has become. Sadly, I only see it becoming worse, judging by the amount that was in this Living World season. That’s just my opinion, I’m sure many others think the opposite, which is fine, to each their own.

I really couldn’t have said it any better. From the start puzzles, mini-games and the like were on the side where they belong. They enrich the game for many and it’s great having them. I am, however, an MMO player and they don’t do anything for me. Also, from the beginning it didn’t matter as I didn’t need to do them in order to advance the game…perfect.

With HoT (actually started with Dry Top) GW2 has become a platformer/puzzle game at it’s core. To me this is a bad move. And, it’s disheartening to see that there is no intention at all evident that it will ever come back to being an MMO with puzzles on the side for those who like them.

Posted by: MaDKorean.1260

MaDKorean.1260

Make earing transmutatable. Let legendary trinket more useful please

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Fun
I’m enjoying playing the map now that I’ve settled in. Usually goes that way with the new maps, initially they are a little confusing or frustrating, then when I settle in and get the story done and most of the achievements I want, it plays great.

Good money just playing the map.

The mastery is interesting and fun.

I love all the books and pages, need to read through them all yet (and we need a library to store our books in our home instance)!

Still not entirely sure I’m doing some of the events right, as I really can’t seem to ‘do’ any of the dailies for the area properly, but it’s fun trying! I mostly just clear all the hearts, get my 2 chests in Vegas, and do as many DEs as I can.

Love the big plant ark, bringing the greens to Orr.

I think trying to get all the back packs and the meta pack is a nice goal to keep me there for 2-3 weeks.

Weak
Needs an ascended accessory. That is something we are short on (lots of rings and amulets).

All the disconnects and lag. That is not a good new mob mechanic! :p

I kinda agree with others on the story. I get why you wanted to throw a bunch of balls in the air, because it allowed you to go to a lot of different places so we could see a lot of different types of zones and environments. I think the through line wasn’t always easy to find. I don’t care so much about wrapping everything up nicely. I think clearly some of the threads introduced were meant to carry into the expansion.

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

It has been fun so far. I liked the scenery- true to Orr but still with some new bits. I liked some of the new things like the dynamic updrafts. The story was good but seemed actually rather short and with odd pacing. I do intend to spend more time there and work on some achievements.

Overall, this is my 3rd favorite of the season. Good but not quite great and a little disappointing for an xpac kickoff.

(edited by qbalrog.8017)

Posted by: lawfan.7095

lawfan.7095

This last episode is trash. Can not even get to the bandit hideout. This game is going in the WRONG direction.

Posted by: Catadon.3875

Catadon.3875

Not having played GW1, I had no idea who Lazarus was making the Bathazar reveal uninteresting. Similar in episode 6, I had no idea who the “reveal” was when they were revealed, only a vague understanding of the eye, etc. I had to read some very nice synopses on the forum here by veterans that gave the backstory that was omitted. In short, I liked the maps, but found the story telling lackluster.

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Pros:
1) One of the best jumping puzzles so far.
2) New fractal. Interesting mechanics and visuals.
3) Beautiful Siren’s Landing level design.

Cons:
1) Story is horrible. It is twice as awful if you think of it as a season finale. Story-wise it didn’t make me exited about upcoming expansion.
2) New fractal is a buggy mess.
3) Siren’s landing dailies (shrines and kingpin) take too much time to be done.
4) No, I don’t want to join Shining Blades.

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

I gotta say i LOVE taimi’s voice actor, she is without a doubt the best one you have on the entire team if you guys kill taimi and don’t bring that VA back you guys will lose a player that being said.

I enjoyed LW3 the first 3 were the best story not as good as HoT and killing mursaat wasn’t overwhelming because you guys kinda like tossed it in there out of nowhere so i was like okay he dead and now what about baltahzar. Also make the game harder, also please ignore any post that said it was too hard i at best died once or twice in-general and when i did i just ran back into the fight, if you want to change anything if you die reset the fight doesn’t seem right i can just get up and fight mursaat again.

Yep i know its more then 75 words but you guys wanted an opinion not a tweet.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

(edited by Genesis.5169)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

TL’DR: Weakest episode, very weak dialogue and scene design, overall LS3 is much too short for this story. A much simpler story which fits into the limited time would have been better.

Full opinion:

I have to say, episode 6 was the weakest by a substantial margin. At least in my opinion.

This is primarily because unlike past episodes, where sometimes the voice acting was off, sometimes the character dialogue was cheesy, sometimes there were just too many supposedly funny quips thrown around and sometimes the overall story just fell flat, this episode had all of those. Together.

I feel that none of the individual pieces except one are off by much, but together they make for an episode which at times feels comically off. It’d be funny if it didn’t try so hard to be so serious, basically.

Key issues I’ve had:

• Second episode in, the new bad guy feels no more motivating to my character than before. There’s too little personal impact. We lack time. Given time, given exposition, understanding just how shattered Kasmeer’s (one of our closest friends after all) world is now, how this impacts Marjory, all of this could help add motivation. But I think because it was only two episodes, it all had to be cut down and as a result this all just feels… artificial.
  • The dialogue was very problematic, mostly by Anise and Kerida. Kerida’s super-snarky attitude doesn’t fit the reactions of the Commander, and Anise playing along with her makes it seem as if this is a trap. In fact, everything points towards it, but then it’s not and our character just accepts that. I feel that with different dialogue and/or different voice acting, this could have been remedied.
  • The initiation I’d just scrap. The hazing ritual was pretty tasteless (especially the stoning), and the fight afterwards explained badly, plus the reason we do this is very very flimsy. I’d rather just skip this and ask Taimi for a magic “I can find it with a scanner”-moment again, because while those got tiresome before, they were believable in a Magitech kind of way. The Shining Blade stuff was not, my character is part of the Order of Whispers, I have the greatest spy network of the world on speed dial pretty much. If they don’t know, no way my character would believe the Shining Blade knows.
  • The final story instances is problematic again due to the extreme speed it has to handle its content with, but to a much greater degree than the rest of the episode. Two important GW1 characters get thrown in, and carted out before you even finished reading the dialogue in the chat box. Like with the first point, this lacks time to impact us. Exposition. Getting to know both the bad guy and the good girl. We need to know these people to care about them. The way it was it came off rather weird, as if I was supposed to be excited for these names, but missed playing an entire episode of story or something.

Overall, I would say this was the weakest episode by a significant margin to episode 5, which in turn again had a significant gap to all the others. Like with episode 5 however, this is entirely based on trying to do too much with too little time.

Maybe it just wasn’t the right choice of storyline for 6x 45 minutes of storytelling. Especially because most important parts happen in just the last third of it. Maybe a much simpler storyline would have ended up being deeper in impact simply because it could have been fully explored instead of just being hinted at?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

As a charr player, I want to say this:
Screw the Shining Blade,. Can I please have my character kill herself to screw over the world just to screw over the Shining Blade please? I really, REALLY dislike how Charr are required to pledge allegiance to a faction that is only temporarily allied to the High Legions. Even if a charr has no intention of opposing Kryta or supporting the Legions in being unnecessarily antagoinstic to Kryta, it still compromises loyalty, and puts Kryta in the position of being able to be unnecessarily antagonistic to the Charr Legions and rendering the Commander helpless (Or having to betray Kryta, die, and screw the world over. Which I guess could help keep Kryta in line – but only if the player’s a Charr, which most aren’t)

So yeah – screw the queen, screw Anise, and screw the Shining Blade and their stupid death-oath.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I see a lot of people saying the “Oath stuff was out of place” – Honestly, I liked the mechanics of that instance… but as a Charr player – SCREW THAT TREASONOUS OATH!

Seriously – Pledging allegiance to Kryta like that is straight-up treason to the Black Citadel and Charr Legions. Even if our character has no intention of harming Kryta, or supporting the Legion against Kryta unnecessarily, it compromises the loyalty of a Charr Commander, and puts Kryta in a position to be unnecessarily antagonistic to the Charr Legion, and crippling the commander’s ability to retaliate (Or worse, attempt to force treachery)

I was hoping the story would stay completely away from having our character throw themselves in with any particular competitive world power. So, yeah. Unfortunately, the game is guaranteed not to go in a direction where our character is allowed to kill themselves to retain loyalty to the Legions while feeding the treacherous heads of Kryta to the elder dragons.

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Overall I like the new map and story instances. I think ANet has done a great job with LW Season 3.

It would be nice to have a new (Central Tyria) mastery to spend our newly collected points on. Now they are just excess points for the players who already unlocked all mastery trees earlier.

(Or alternatively, it would be nice to be able to exchange mastery points between different trees, allowing players who have excess mastery points to exchange them for the mastery tracks of the new expansion when released)

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

(edited by TheQuickFox.3826)

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

I’m afraid I can’t really find anything positive about this episode. Things are either neutral (I don’t really care or have a strong opinion about it) or negative.
Negative would be poor story and terrible dialogue. I’m starting to seriously get annoyed by my own character and their awful lines and decisions….
P.S. I forgot The Shining blade. That is a positive thing. The first legendary that actually convinced me to go and get it.

(edited by serialkicker.5274)

Posted by: Zibbles.6349

Zibbles.6349

I liked the new map, the premise of having to buy waypoints with map currency was interesting. Thought the story would have fit better if it was switched with episode 5.

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

The last episode gives us some answers and let some other questions still open:

Answers:
1. Anisse is not Lysa :-)) From the Commander comments regarding the respect Anisse shows to Livia, I can understand that Anisse is not a god.
2. Braham missed Jormag – as long Jormag is in the lake he is safe.
3. Now is clear: The Dragon Watch, the new guild of the Commander is in fact a two man team. One in the field, the second being the telecom. responsible.

Not answered questions:
1. What happened with Marjory? How is Kasmeer?
2. The fate of Rytlock? He is in the Black Citadel for a long time. Is he in jail for unsubordination?
3. Caithe is still alive? Logan? Is he the Marshall now? What is with Zojja?
3. The reason Balthazar is behaving like he behaves. Are the other gods responsible for his state now? Is he battling a personal enemy other than the gods?
4. What was the point of this trip in Orr? Nothing was related with Balthazar in the story. We found no clues regarding him. If you change the location from Orr to any other location, you will have the same result – nothing related with the story (Balthazar or the Dragons).
5. What is the role of the Shining Blades in the future? The leaders are not completely sane persons: What mindset should one have to resurrect a dead enemy only to kill him again? Only to be able to "spit in his face all the hate …. " as Anisse stated?

About this episode:
1. Story: 4/10.
2. New map (including the JP): 8/10
3. New features: 7/10. Despite the new (and good) changes to the storage, the grade is not higher because I’m disappointed you cannot craft the Legendary amulet for several toons.

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

This episode:
- The “boss” fights in the last dungeon were a chaotic mess, main offender the Fire Elemental and the last phase with the big bad. It’s like playing a bullet hell game, just that I had no idea what I was supposed to sometimes.
- Otherwise, I didn’t have much of a problem with the episode. The x-pack reveal advertising at the end, however, was totally out of place IMHO.

Oh yeah, buying waypoints: No, thank you. Fortunately traveling through half of the map isn’t the most tedious thing.

(edited by Mahou.3924)

Posted by: Stu Grockalot.2937

Stu Grockalot.2937

I think this latest episode was amazing, but in my opinion too subtle. It’s not easy to work out all the multitude of features present in the map.
I think Arenanet sold themselves short by not boasting more about all the features this episode actually has to offer.

As Season 3 wraps up with “One Path Ends,” we’d love to ask you a favor, as we have in the past:

Please share your high-level feedback (75 words or fewer) on Episode 6.

Please mark any spoilers with the spoiler tag (see formatting guide) to avoid giving away the story to those who have not yet played all the way through.

Devs will be reading other threads, of course, and longer or more detailed feedback is welcome. This thread is designed to amass your high-level views.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Maybe it just wasn’t the right choice of storyline for 6x 45 minutes of storytelling. Especially because most important parts happen in just the last third of it. Maybe a much simpler storyline would have ended up being deeper in impact simply because it could have been fully explored instead of just being hinted at?

This!