Oh, Leveling, How Can I Make You Interesting?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RedPanda.2036

RedPanda.2036

The best, not the most efficient or quick way to level is through area exploration. All this means is that once you finish a starter area, just go to another one. Like let’s say you’re a human and you just finished up Queensdale and are heading on to bigger and better things in Kessex Hills. First off, don’t go there yet. Go back into Divinity’s Reach and go into the portal that takes you back to Lion’s Arch. Then from there, find a portal, go in, and do the starter area from there. Then, the next, etc. By the time you finish all these areas, you should have gotten 20 levels from all of these areas. Now that you are a strapping level 35, head into Kessex Hills. Once you complete it, go back to Lions Arch, or by this time just use waypoints, and do the other 15-25 areas. Do this for every area you go through, and not only will you complete the map without making that a chore, but you will also have experienced the whole game and gotten to level 80 relatively quick! You never had to spend a dime on crafting materials, you never had to do a single train, all you did was explore and find new things!

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

Until the next character. After 3 lvl 80s my mind can only do Queensdale so many times!

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

After 10 level 80s I’m afraid to go into Queensdale. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

my thought exactly. I can only do Queensdale so many time before i screamed from frustration

RedPanda.2036

Well, after even one level 80, it’s going to get repetitive. But that’s where you can use your imagination and just go to your favorite areas. And there are other races. Start a Norn , or a Sylvari, or anything that’s not human. Or if even if it is a human that you create, just leave Queens Dale. As much as people don’t like it, it is a part of the game and therefore worth discovering and exploring, but if you reeeeeeally don’t want to do it, then don’t. In the end, (if you’rr not starting there) it’ll only give you four extra levels, so it’s really just not that important in the end. This idea was thought up for your first time through the game, where you have a whole world to discover, I just wanted to make a suggestion on how to explore it without forcing yourself into doing trains.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Give yourself something to aim for. I made a ranger, bought Endless Quiver. It gave me a goal.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Level only through PvP. It gets to the point where you get a level time each match when using boosters if you’re doing TeamQ.

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Im in the same boat, leveling is getting to be frustrating. Im on my 6th time through the “story” and would really like it if I could level up without feeling having to constantly grind for it. The arena in DR was great while it lasted, as I could run around getting xp fairly quickly and leveled my ele that way.

I would love to have combat XP increased.

RedPanda.2036

Leveling is (ironically) one of the things that I think that ANet failed at when making GW2, I’ve always seen it as slow and needlessly tedious. I also tend to get lost because the quests are so few and far between, and they are close to, if not the best way to gain EXP quickly, other then crafting, in PvE. Which I prefer, because I am absolutely terrible and PvP and WvW. So seeing the PvP’ers and WvW’ers get these advantages feels pretty patronizing, why can’t I get the quick leveling that they get? While this is far from happening, I came up with this suggestion to make leveling in PvE a more rewarding experience. Unfortunately, the game only has so much to offer. After one or two level 80’s level through PvE, it’ll get repetitive. which sucks, but I don’t see an expansion over the horizon so we’ll just have to live withit while we can.

Posted by: NaughtyOne.6598

NaughtyOne.6598

Leveling is (ironically) one of the things that I think that ANet failed at when making GW2, I’ve always seen it as slow and needlessly tedious. I also tend to get lost because the quests are so few and far between, and they are close to, if not the best way to gain EXP quickly, other then crafting, in PvE. Which I prefer, because I am absolutely terrible and PvP and WvW. So seeing the PvP’ers and WvW’ers get these advantages feels pretty patronizing, why can’t I get the quick leveling that they get? While this is far from happening, I came up with this suggestion to make leveling in PvE a more rewarding experience. Unfortunately, the game only has so much to offer. After one or two level 80’s level through PvE, it’ll get repetitive. which sucks, but I don’t see an expansion over the horizon so we’ll just have to live withit while we can.

I think this problem would work itself out if Arena-net started adjusting some of the less popular group event (Currently nearly everything but queens dale) to scale to a single person depending on zone population. they could also add indicators on the mini map and above NPC’s that have an events available that is not currently active.

RedPanda.2036

I think this problem would work itself out if Arena-net started adjusting some of the less popular group event (Currently nearly everything but queens dale) to scale to a single person depending on zone population. they could also add indicators on the mini map and above NPC’s that have an events available that is not currently active.

That is something I have been hoping for since I found out about the events! This would help balance out a lot of the areas, so that the hated QD train would die down a little bit.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Get rid of levels in this game please

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Hah, I love leveling in this game! Just don’t focus on maximum efficiency or whatever, but take in the scenery and enjoy the ride! I’ve got myself quite a nice number of alts by now, and I’m still not bored of the world.

Everything becomes a grind if you’re approaching it as a grind. Tyria is gorgeous, just go around to see it and don’t think about levels or XP.^^