Oh no, did I vendor my Bifrost for?!?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

you can’t sell a soulbound item in the TP, and you can’t vendor a legendary and im pretty certain you can’t salvage it either.

a-net thought of counter measures for stupid people with time and money, so really this whole idea of you having a legendary sounds like bullkitten

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Invisible bags are poor solutions in my opinion. If I had 3 items I need to hide and I have a 20 slot invisible bag then at some point 17 vendor trash will fill up the invisible bag meaning more trouble when selling.

There should be some sort of weapon customising NPC who can flag an item as hidden and unsalvageable for a fee.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

you can’t sell a soulbound item in the TP, and you can’t vendor a legendary and im pretty certain you can’t salvage it either.

a-net thought of counter measures for stupid people with time and money, so really this whole idea of you having a legendary sounds like bullkitten

Bet u never cut yourself in your life before.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

knife companies don’t have idiot buffers for when you’re using one of their products, but comparing a knife to a game where developers intentionally put idiot buffers on expensive items is 2 totally different things. if you think those two things even remotely relate then you should stop and slap yourself with a wet fish

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

knife companies don’t have idiot buffers for when you’re using one of their products, but comparing a knife to a game where developers intentionally put idiot buffers on expensive items is 2 totally different things. if you think those two things even remotely relate then you should stop and slap yourself with a wet fish

So knives (or paper for that matter) have no idiot buffers, thus everyone who cut themselves at some point in their lives is an idiot. Got you.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

A transmuted legendary item does show up on the vendor list.

Attachments:

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

I totally have ur bifrost bro. And u ain’t gettin it back. Buahahahaha!

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I totally have ur bifrost bro. And u ain’t gettin it back. Buahahahaha!

bahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I would check my bank and check each item in your bag carefully… u probably misplace it. I was gonna puke last time I thought I threw away my Twilight. Open up your hero’s tab and try equip and see if its there sometimes u got to many items in your bag its hard to pin point exactly where it is.

vvuevv

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

That must be it then, I did transmute the Bifrost with my Lionguard staff for the sigil. I defininatly know that I had already seen it in the vendor list 50 times and always had to look out that I didn’t sell it.

It’s not in my bank, it’s not in my inventory, its bye bye. It took 2000 hours to get it, one second to lose it.

Ow please, that naked CoF run was never to prove a point, it was just some fun within the guild. But I agree that the title of my post was poorly chosen to reflect that. Still, it has nothing to do with this case.

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

That must be it then, I did transmute the Bifrost with my Lionguard staff for the sigil. I defininatly know that I had already seen it in the vendor list 50 times and always had to look out that I didn’t sell it.

If I remember correctly (i could be wrong), if you transmute an exotic with the bifrost it will be soulbound.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Legendary weapons can be sold if they have been transmuted, because the item code is still the exotic you put the skin on. The icon of the legendary is the icon of the item you transmuted it onto when you view it on the merchant.

This is not true. I own a transmuted Bolt, decided to test this out, and it did not show in the vendor’s list.

OP did not vendor their legendary.

They can be sold if transmuted!

i guess you just transmuted yours to a Dungeon Exotic!!! and dungeon items cant be sold but all crafted exotics can!

better check first before you say something wrong
(did it once myself^^ … now i always check 10x first if the things i say are correct)

edit:

didnt see what Folk.2093 wrote:

proves my point though^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: roguenub.1409

roguenub.1409

Transmuting a Legendary for a sigil… tsk tsk

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

@OP – my deepest condolences. I’ve done exactly that.
Not with a legendary (don’t own one – never will) but certainly with an exotic.

Legendaries should have no vendor value – exotics too. No-one would vendor such an item except by accident or out of ignorance.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

If only there were magical bags that wouldn’t show up on the vendor…

Or a Safe of some sort.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

It’s not in my bank, it’s not in my inventory, its bye bye. It took 2000 hours to get it, one second to lose it.

Ow please, that naked CoF run was never to prove a point, it was just some fun within the guild. But I agree that the title of my post was poorly chosen to reflect that. Still, it has nothing to do with this case.

You lost all your credibility. This thread is just another lie of yours.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Came here to see the op troll posts – wasn’t disappointed. :p

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Ive vendor’d a vision of the mists before, even with invisible bags they can end up in the wrong bag, and with a lag spike it can happen, really should be a confirmation for vendoring exotics and above.

If you really did vendor a bifrost contact support they will be able to roll your account back to the last time it was saved.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Areann.1304

Yeah I contacted support last night, waiting for the response now.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Sadly if you did vendor it…incoming msg from anet: “Unfortunately we cannot retrieve lost items, sorry”. Because arenanet has no sort of backup and recovery system which is completely insane. Most MMO companies have the ability to recover lost items through log verification. But arenanet cannot.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

I have to ask, do your bags have any kind of organisation?? I see whites and items you probably use mixed together (fractal weapon for example).

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Once again, you cannot vendor Legendaries.

What could have happened was you salvaged it. It’s pretty easy to salvage a legendary and you get no other notification than what you’d get salvaging a green/rare/exotic.

Of course, if you did that, then it’s your fault and Arenanet cannot help you for player mistakes.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Jagerbomb.9057

Jagerbomb.9057

You cannot sell legendaries to vendors. GW already thought of this for the stupid people. You have accidently deleted it, put it in your bank or you’ve been hacked maybe? But you cannot sell to vendor just check. I once thought i sold 30 ectos to a vendor, turns out i put them in the bank.

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

If I remember correctly (i could be wrong), if you transmute an exotic with the bifrost it will be soulbound.

facepalm

Anyway.

Right click, go down the list and click Hide.

What? Such a feature doesn’t exist? Sure doesn’t but it should. Then when you want to vendor it, just repeat the process. Instead of “hide” you would see “show” if the item was already hidden.

Instead ANet has all these different stupid bags that are more of a pain in the dolyak (so much better than kitten).

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

That must be it then, I did transmute the Bifrost with my Lionguard staff for the sigil.

/facepalm

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Whether the OP is truthful or not it is still a poor design on the bags as far as I am concerned. Items in the invisible bag will not show at vendors but items have to be manually placed into it. Items in an equipment box are automatically put in but they show at vendors. As well any piece of equipment looted will go into the equipment box if there is an empty slot available so if you fill that slot then swap to a one hand weapon to dual weapons one item invariably goes into the general inventory.

With a bit of work those bags could become dedicated. Once you manually replace an item in a slot it stays there unless you move it out. I have played many games that allowed add-on’s to do such a thing so why game companies are always so far behind the curve on inventory management is quite beyond me.

The first weapon will always switch with the invis bag, it’s the 2nd weapon going into random places that’s annoying, almost sold my exotic dagger too many times :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Shame on the loss, that’s why I never will transmute my two legendaries. I also don’t get this: in WoW you can even retreive lost items through the support page.

But even better: AION – notably from NCSOFT back then – has even a recovery system (via ticket, used it once a couple of years ago).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Shame on the loss, that’s why I never will transmute my two legendaries. I also don’t get this: in WoW you can even retreive lost items through the support page.

But even better: AION – notably from NCSOFT back then – has even a recovery system (via ticket, used it once a couple of years ago).

You can’t vendor it , OP is bs

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

This comes from the same guy who’s group did a naked CoF run.

Except at 7:04 you can see that he has 3 armor pieces hidden.

But yea I’m sure this post is legit.

1. what does it have to do with the OP?
2. If you can see that they are not totally naked, nothing is hidden…

(edited by Dragonar.1342)

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

ehhm how can you have 2 legendaries but still not know that dungeon exotics cant be sold… ????

you can easily transmute it to a dungeon weapon and it will never show up in vendors list

cant believe you didnt know that? did you just buy your legendaries without any ingame experience? xDD

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

My Ele has a set of Knights Armor, every piece but 1 was brought for either Badges of Honor or Dungeon Tokens and then transmuted over except the Gloves which were a drop from fractals. Even though the gloves had a Karma T1 skin transmuted on them they still show at the vendor.

So it looks like if the item which you transmuted is sellable then the Legendary will now be sellable. Which someone above has linked a picture of with his Twilight.

Posted by: UrbanEMP.2654

UrbanEMP.2654

Legendary weapons can be sold if they have been transmuted, because the item code is still the exotic you put the skin on. The icon of the legendary is the icon of the item you transmuted it onto when you view it on the merchant.

This is not true. I own a transmuted Bolt, decided to test this out, and it did not show in the vendor’s list.

OP did not vendor their legendary.

They can be sold if transmuted!

i guess you just transmuted yours to a Dungeon Exotic!!! and dungeon items cant be sold but all crafted exotics can!

I transmuted Bolt onto a crafted level 80 Pearl sword, and it did not appear in the vendor’s list, so I don’t know what to tell you.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

LOL.

Does nobody think to put their most precious items in invisible bags like I do?

Guess that would be way too easy for most people.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Transmuting a Legendary for a sigil… tsk tsk

Really, I would have stripped the Sigil from the item with a BLSK and put Sigil in the Legendary so as to not lose the Legendary status of the item. Either way item with the Sigil will be consumed without losing the Sigil.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Not sure if serious or trolling…. Lionguard is karma weapon.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

LOL.

Does nobody think to put their most precious items in invisible bags like I do?

Guess that would be way too easy for most people.

I don’t use invisible bags, but than again I pay attention when I vendor or salvage my stuff.

Areann.1304

Not sure if serious or trolling…. Lionguard is karma weapon.

I KNOW, that’s why I thought transmuting it could do no harm! I have been mailing with support the last couple of days and they don’t understand either. My Bifrost showed up every time I went to the vendor and it wasn’t in it’s right bag (i switch weapons trough the hero pannel, so they often go in the last available spot in my inventory, instead of in the correct bag)

I don’t salvage anything above rare. I use the search terms “rare” and “salvaga” in my inventory to salvage things. I never salave anything else.

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

why this thread isnt closed yet ?!
Its clear (as many have stated) that you cant vendor legendary item
So the point of the thread is nonsense and should be closed immediately

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

This comes from the same guy who’s group did a naked CoF run.

Except at 7:04 you can see that he has 3 armor pieces hidden.

But yea I’m sure this post is legit.

Busted.

Also, OP couldn’t’ve sold it anyway, yep.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast