Old Lions Arch

Old Lions Arch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Atmos.8105

Atmos.8105

So I’m sure that this is know to some of you already, but anyway, I was doing my story on an alt tootling along. When low and behold Tyria had a time shift and LA went back to its pre-destruction map. I got hit by a bit of nostalgia and thought why not share this .

So if your a new or old player and want my buzz, go ahead, its story time and see LA as it once was once more.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Aye, I went through my personal story on another character just yesterday and it was good fun to roam around the old Lion’s Arch, even with some boundary restrictions. Ah, I miss afk’ing at that great toilet and reading LA map banter.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

same here! However I do wonder…..if they do make LS S1 re-playable will we see destroyed LA? between the 3 incarnations of LA the newest one I love and the old LA is awesome, destroyed I dont really care much but it would be a nice touch to see in the S1 again.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

If they get a way to make LS S1 instanced (that is what will make it re-playable) then yes, we’ll get the destructed LA during the Scarlet part of the LS.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

Same here! I felt so nostalgic. Made me wish I could explore the whole map again, not just the tiny instanced area.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I did the part by the fountain, and that was fairly tiny. But then I continued on to meeting my Vigil Mentor in Vigil HQ and got the whole Vigil plaza area to roam (no vendors, of course, so no dungeon item sellers). I’m looking forward to the fight on the beach.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Agreed. While I appreciate the work on Lion’s Arch, Old Lion’s Arch was a wonder.

Gone to Reddit.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Lion’s Arch sold it’s identity as a pirate town when it became a full on fortress city with buildings shaped like sea creatures.

It’s services layout is worse than the original LA, and light years worse than when it was wrecked…

For me personally this nostalgia trip was actually more painful than happy just because of how much of the old is truly dead now, and how alien the new really feels.

This is likely something that will end up in the story somewhere, they have a fortress, so now either somebody or something will attack it, or there will be a massive power shift. Indeed, I think it would be criminal not to bring in a rather large side-story arc about this. A place like this who just recently was home to so many pirates and thugs will not remain peaceful as their way of life, and the openness of it, just dried up. And the Captain’s Council itself, made of basically pirate captains, would start seeing massive internal struggles like assassination attempts, coups, politics…the things pirates don’t do. Lest we forget Evon Gnashblade still likely has an axe to grind with Ellen Kiel, and faces competition from the Consortium who have been all too happy to use nigh-criminal measures to further their own endeavors.

But LA itself will never be the same again, and I think the look and feel of the old LA was better, never to be seen again.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Lion’s Arch sold it’s identity as a pirate town when it became a full on fortress city with buildings shaped like sea creatures.

It’s services layout is worse than the original LA, and light years worse than when it was wrecked…

For me personally this nostalgia trip was actually more painful than happy just because of how much of the old is truly dead now, and how alien the new really feels.

This is likely something that will end up in the story somewhere, they have a fortress, so now either somebody or something will attack it, or there will be a massive power shift. Indeed, I think it would be criminal not to bring in a rather large side-story arc about this. A place like this who just recently was home to so many pirates and thugs will not remain peaceful as their way of life, and the openness of it, just dried up. And the Captain’s Council itself, made of basically pirate captains, would start seeing massive internal struggles like assassination attempts, coups, politics…the things pirates don’t do. Lest we forget Evon Gnashblade still likely has an axe to grind with Ellen Kiel, and faces competition from the Consortium who have been all too happy to use nigh-criminal measures to further their own endeavors.

But LA itself will never be the same again, and I think the look and feel of the old LA was better, never to be seen again.

Services are roughly the same as they were at launch. Lion’s Arch was only a “pirate town” due to the events of Orr rising. In GW1, it was not so. It looks more like a fortified coastal base now.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

Services are roughly the same as they were at launch. Lion’s Arch was only a “pirate town” due to the events of Orr rising. In GW1, it was not so. It looks more like a fortified coastal base now.

I agree about the fortified coastal base. I took a little trip around the new LA… I got to wonder who is in charge of the defenses. The placement of the guns makes me wonder just where they expect the next threat to come from. I would have expected the fortifications to have moved a little closer to the light house, to the west, where the straits, leading from the ocean, could be better covered. The narrow strait is an awesome place for defense, bottling up enemy ships. But hey, it is only a game, maybe I am thinking too much.

Old Lions Arch

Posted by: Scratcherclaw.2713

Scratcherclaw.2713

I agree about the fortified coastal base. I took a little trip around the new LA… I got to wonder who is in charge of the defenses. The placement of the guns makes me wonder just where they expect the next threat to come from. I would have expected the fortifications to have moved a little closer to the light house, to the west, where the straits, leading from the ocean, could be better covered. The narrow strait is an awesome place for defense, bottling up enemy ships. But hey, it is only a game, maybe I am thinking too much.

Well, the last major threat came from the sky, not the sea.