Only One Chapter?

Only One Chapter?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I’m enjoying the story so far but…only one chapter released? A bit disappointed. I thought there would be a few more chapters released, give-or-take 3-5, given that there will be releases every 2-3 months. I did not expect just 1 chapter.

I realize there’s been pvp balance, wvw fixes, 1 new fractal, 1 new map and other in-game fixes but…you would expect more out of your primary pve content.

Still, I enjoyed it. I was just a bit disappointed and expected more, is all.

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Playing devil’s advocate but I think the reason they are releasing season 3 slower this time is to dedicate more resources to the next expansion. Hopefully that means the next expac will be bigger and better than HoT, but we’ll see.

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: Eternalight.4708

Eternalight.4708

This update was meant to be a large quality of life update with quality over quantity in content which it indeed delivered on i think we all can agree here.

Perhaps now with a few bug fixes & features added in they can start building on a more solid foundation.

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Playing devil’s advocate but I think the reason they are releasing season 3 slower this time is to dedicate more resources to the next expansion. Hopefully that means the next expac will be bigger and better than HoT, but we’ll see.

So basically, we have to buy more story, they ain’t giving it to us for free. The Living Story is more like Amazon letting you read a chapter in a book to see if you want to buy it.

Only One Chapter?

Eternalight.4708

So basically, we have to buy more story, they ain’t giving it to us for free. The Living Story is more like Amazon letting you read a chapter in a book to see if you want to buy it.

I sense sarcasm. However completely off-point. So long as you login while the season chapters are live you will unlock it free. No-matter how large or small the chapter segments will be. Naturally expansions & late comers to LS you will have to pay for.

As i said in an earlier post, this was more of a QoL update with some quality content dropped in. Later patches may have more guts in the raw content depot.

Time will tell on that but this was a welcome update. So far so good.

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

This update was meant to be a large quality of life update with quality over quantity in content which it indeed delivered on i think we all can agree here.

Where is this large QoL you’re talking about ? I see minor changes, but nothing large.

Only One Chapter?

Eternalight.4708

Where is this large QoL you’re talking about ? I see minor changes, but nothing large.

Have you even remotely read the patch notes? or did you just skim through them, login thinking meh.

You should read the Patch notes here

Some of these fixes have been around since forever like that awful dodge roll bug.

We all want beefy content & i think anet is moving toward that.

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Im quite sure the first and second seasons of living world were released on a chapter by chapter basis, and they all were free if you logged on during it

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

It has already been explained, if you log in while the chapter is running, you get it for free, forever unlocked on your account – no matter what type of account you have (f2p or HoT), but it requires HoT to be played.

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think what Ophidia is trying to say is that one must purchase an expansion for the meat of the story, as very little is released with the free Living Story episodes. I’m not sure why, as many were lamenting the length and breadth of the last expansion’s story.

I suppose memories are fleeting.

I am enjoying the story, have spent several hours so far. Lol, I keep getting distracted. There is a lot of optional lore content. I don’t know how some players say they finish it in an hour. I’m only on the 3rd or 4th chapter, I think.

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Have you even remotely read the patch notes? or did you just skim through them, login thinking meh.

Some of these fixes have been around since forever like that awful dodge roll bug.

Fixing a bug that should have been fixed a long time ago is not a “quality of life” feature.

QoL is something like the salvage improvement.

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Fixing a bug that should have been fixed a long time ago is not a “quality of life” feature.

Well, theres the better ping functionality, account-wide recipes, being able to queue for PvP outside of HotM, the fractal UI changes and stuff like that.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Well, theres the better ping functionality, account-wide recipes, being able to queue for PvP outside of HotM, the fractal UI changes and stuff like that.

Those are all QoL, yes.

Only One Chapter?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Perhaps now with a few bug fixes & features added in they can start building on a more solid foundation.

No we can’t all agree, the reason they are spacing the stork out so much is that way there wont be a big gap between the end of LS3 and the next xpac. That is the only reason, I personally did not notice the story being of any higher quality than anything we have had before.

I did enjoy it, but now we have what a 2-3 month wait till then next one, then nothing till the new year as well have Halloween and Christmas. Also we’ll have another PvP season. The content tube is always going to be empty now. ANet will never be able to fill it again, and they know it. That said I really want them to prove me wrong, but I’m really underwhelmed by the patch I really am, as far as story goes anyway.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|