in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

What happened to all of the posts?

Opinion: Orr and Southsun Cove are player unfriendly

Posted by: crimsonbro.3126

crimsonbro.3126

..sigh, well judging by the commentary, it appears I am not a very good player then. I am not one to complain though, I was just commenting based upon my own experiences.

I prefer ranged type play style so play a Ranger. I like the guardian but not the in-your-face portion of it with the broadsword.

Strang.8170, Ayrilana.1396 and ShadowPuppet.3746 all have very valid points, I do need to learn better strategy but I am not a hard core player preferring instead to amble through a game for fun.

I usually run with guild mates and they are all very accommodating in helping me. But this old timer is just not that fast on the uptake any more so my reactions are a bit slow.

But, they like my jokes and use me as bait a lot. lol I am fairly good natured so enjoy the banter. I keep telling them I’ll change the sandwich I seem to have attached to my back if I can find a better one than PB&J.

You sound like the kind of player this game was supposed to be for. Casual and fun. I usually go solo through those areas and, honestly, it took some time. I like to oooo and ahhh at the landscape and then, bam, mobs. Whoops. But it gets easier, as you seem to say in a later post. Just keep playing and finding the fun where you can. Lots of fun to be had all around you and it has little to do with gear\gold grinding. You have a good guild from the sounds of it, that makes a difference.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

It’s nice and solo-friendly for guardians, but as an elementalist with a balanced build, these maps aren’t soloable. I feel confined to Frostgorge unless I can find someone who doesn’t mind me following them around.

My staff ele says otherwise, prefectly soloable with right utilities.
*hint Glyph of storms+arcane shield is more than enough defense.

Is there a skill to tell you when an enemy is about to appear behind you and kill you in 3 seconds when you’re trying to make room in your inventory? Because I can take on a young kraka if I know I’m in combat, but when I get a 2 second handicap due to surprise, or if another wanders in while I’m fighting one, there’s a good chance that I’m going to die.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Seriously, I bet if you could inspect, you’d see the majority of Orr players are in magic find gear.

It’s not gear/game hard. It’s dreary and unfun. It’s frustrating and annoying. It’s really crappy game design. But it’s not impossible to play, and the rewards were always enticing.

Posted by: SoulTrain.2157

SoulTrain.2157

the difficulty to me is fine, and while the art is great and stuff in both zones i dont find them fun to play in. but like if queensdale or some of the other areas that have alot of different variety in them was the last areas i could play in them all day.

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

I do think the level 80 areas have to be challenging. Orr isn’t that difficult to get through. The Karka however are a whole new beast and you really need to be on your game if you want to survive. Most of the enemies in the new zone require a trick or two to prevent yourself being ripped to shreds but generally I do enjoy that feeling of fear of running into multiple Karka/drakes instead of pulling everything in Orr and surviving.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

..sigh, well judging by the commentary, it appears I am not a very good player then. I am not one to complain though, I was just commenting based upon my own experiences.

I prefer ranged type play style so play a Ranger. I like the guardian but not the in-your-face portion of it with the broadsword.

Strang.8170, Ayrilana.1396 and ShadowPuppet.3746 all have very valid points, I do need to learn better strategy but I am not a hard core player preferring instead to amble through a game for fun.

I usually run with guild mates and they are all very accommodating in helping me. But this old timer is just not that fast on the uptake any more so my reactions are a bit slow.

But, they like my jokes and use me as bait a lot. lol I am fairly good natured so enjoy the banter. I keep telling them I’ll change the sandwich I seem to have attached to my back if I can find a better one than PB&J.

You sound like the kind of player this game was supposed to be for. Casual and fun. I usually go solo through those areas and, honestly, it took some time. I like to oooo and ahhh at the landscape and then, bam, mobs. Whoops. But it gets easier, as you seem to say in a later post. Just keep playing and finding the fun where you can. Lots of fun to be had all around you and it has little to do with gear\gold grinding. You have a good guild from the sounds of it, that makes a difference.

Yes, my guild (The Old Timers Guild) has spoiled me considerably. I love the folks I play with and they don’t seem to mind if this 68 year old lady tries to copy their style. Like I said, they have fun with me as bait but don’t really let me down.

I secretly think I am their mascot (oh except for the 80 yr old who loves to pvp). I think we are their excuses for stuff. But we all have a good time. I even tried pvp…oooot I think that was a rush. I almost made it but died 4 times in less than 10 minutes. They said I would be a vet after 30 deaths. ehheheheh

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Its supposed to be hard, the drop tables are better.

Not from where I’m sitting. I don’t care what anyone says it’s not bad luck to get greys and blues 100% of the time, that’s statistically impossible and that’s what’s happened to me ever since a month ago.

I’ve gotten three rares from drops since they made a drop rate change a month ago, I have MF gear runes guild buffs food buffs and luck rune all that are supposed to be affecting the drop rate off of mobs. Doesn’t happen. I don’t even get the normal material drops from mobs anymore. They might as well take drops off of world creatures out of the game entirely for all the good it does me.

But we’ll go a year and I’ll never get a response as to why MF never works. If nov 16th is any indication of the direction this game is headed in that’s what I expect will happen.

Notably, they sortof admitted there was a problem by making drops fall off of critters in 55+ zones tho I have yet to see that occur.

We were even supposed to receive better loot from vets/ champs but didn’t see that happen either.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

But, anything that’s required should be possible without endless dying.

Someone never played Nightfall back in the day (GW1 expansion). Up until I left GW1 (first 2 years of the game before I got tired of it) stepping out of town into a Nightfall open world area (instanced) was a sure trip to the res shrine several times. Completely 100% chance of dying 4-6 times before you could get through the dense, heavy aggro, high damage packs. I mean THICK, DENSE, HUGE packs of roaming mobs constantly crossing paths and blocking you from any means to avoid them.

This was part of the “You will die, it’s part of the game” philosophy Anet adopted. Can be seen in GW2 with the “You will experience the downed state excessively, we spent to much time designing those skills, you will enjoy them” philosophy.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Rojaha.4082

Rojaha.4082

Every zone in the game is solo player friendly. Its nice to have at least two open world zones where teaming up with others feels somewhat useful.

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Is there a skill to tell you when an enemy is about to appear behind you and kill you in 3 seconds when you’re trying to make room in your inventory? Because I can take on a young kraka if I know I’m in combat, but when I get a 2 second handicap due to surprise, or if another wanders in while I’m fighting one, there’s a good chance that I’m going to die.

It´s called skill of moving away from spawn areas.
Failing that, it´s getting in to habit of spamming the key of the defensive skill of your choice whenever unexpected damage starts rolling.

Though handling adittional spawns while fighting is just a case of having to learn to play more effectively.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

They are badly designed in the way you cant actually move around solo ..

Yeah see, I’m gonna call BS right here. I find them very easy to run around solo in full berserker’s gear, hardly the most durable of set ups.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: Solvar.7953

Solvar.7953

After playing and exploring a bit in Orr, I decided to take a break, and went off to explore Snowden Drifts.

I personally found that much more enjoyable. And while that is my preference, if enough people decide not to explore Orr because they do not find it enjoyable, then it will become just that much more difficult to actually find parties, get the dynamic events, etc, completed there, as everyone is off elsewhere.

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

After reading my post I realized I could have worded it much better than I did. My intention was certainly not to thumb my nose or poke fun or even make a assessment as to the type of player you are. I suppose in my own way I was trying to offer helpful advice, though the last sentence in particular is what I suppose bothers me most now. It seemed a bit snarky and for that I apologize (It happens when I spend too much time on the forums these days with all the negativity floating around heh). The primary goal of this game and any game for any player should always be about having fun, I forget sometimes that my version of what is fun may not be the same as someone elses. Keep at it though, I have seen others that have posted that suggested a similar idea that it does get a bit easier the more you play in those areas.

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

Orr is only frustrating when you first hit 79/80 and entering the zones for the first time. After you hit 80, sure it’s a bit of a struggle, but once you get geared up, it’s not all that difficult to get around.

I have a few 80’s of varying classes and I can run all through Orr without breaking a sweat. Do I sometimes get locked into an encounter I’d hoped not to? Sure, but nowhere near as often as I used to. And when I do it’s short work to get out of it.

When you’re geared in Greens/Yellows, yeah, it can be a kick in the shorts. But if you’re still struggling after you’re predominately geared in Exotics… well then you’ve got a problem beyond game mechanics.

When you’re wandering around in the highest tier maps, and expect to get around with less than highest tier equipment, you should probably rethink what you expect from game design.

Posted by: Kiryu.3028

Kiryu.3028

Oh dear… I remember running through the last 3 or so zombie infested areas while wrapping up my ‘’been there, done that’’, Orr included.

I believe i suffered from a severe case of ‘’the guy who swore at himself for 5 to 6 hours’’…

Seriously what the hell, you’d have to pay me to go back to any of these zones for any reason whatsoever, and my time spent there was pretty much a rushed version of ‘’oh god, get that PoI, that skillpoint, and that wayp.. what the… why is there 20 zombies standing on it.. .neverm… omg really.’’

That was pretty much my experience going through these, not only the 80 area but the two before that aswell.

Quite possibly the worse end game areas i’ve came across in over 15 years of online gaming. Seriously i kept wondering if the devs made a contest of ‘’Hmmm, alright, how can we make this place as obnoxious and annoying as possible for the players, i know!’’

-First, we need to put a bunch of mobs everywhere and leave no safe traveling areas so that players are forced to fight to travel, sounds good.

-Second we need to make sure said mobs are invading camps and hubs on a tight schedule, so that there is no way for someone to take even a 5 minutes break safely without coming back to a corpse, great!

-Third, we should make it so every mob also has a snare, a stun, a pull and a bunch of disease/poison effects, people love loosing control of their characters in pve content right? Let’s make it happen. Oh and the cooldown on such abilities must also be low enough that players are spammed with them!

-Alright we did all that, it was a success, but some sneaky players still manage to get by a few inches without fighting sometimes, how do we fix it? I know! Let’s add yet even more mobs, we could design one and call it the ’’acolyte’’ it’s sole purpose is to chase people from say… 2000, nope, 5000 range away! This way we make sure there is no escape.

(…)

Alright rant off, really? I don’t care either way cause i’m not much of a pve player but still it’s 2012 and we got cc spamming mobs in pve content + all that i mentioned above.

Can’t believe this makes it through development and no one at any point goes ‘’wait this is stupid, we can’t do that.’’

Oh well the rest of the zones being really nice kinda makes up for it i guess. But those last 3, nope nope nope ain’t even touching that with a stick further than getting the map completion.

Loneli / Angerclad – Professional Zerg Diver. ~Desolation

lynspottery.6529

After reading my post I realized I could have worded it much better than I did. My intention was certainly not to thumb my nose or poke fun or even make a assessment as to the type of player you are. I suppose in my own way I was trying to offer helpful advice, though the last sentence in particular is what I suppose bothers me most now. It seemed a bit snarky and for that I apologize (It happens when I spend too much time on the forums these days with all the negativity floating around heh). The primary goal of this game and any game for any player should always be about having fun, I forget sometimes that my version of what is fun may not be the same as someone elses. Keep at it though, I have seen others that have posted that suggested a similar idea that it does get a bit easier the more you play in those areas.

Easier? Maybe, but predictable? Definitely, now that I know what is coming. I think knowledge of what is around the corner from past experience actually is the reason most folks tend to think it is easier after a bit.

Personally, I like knowing what is coming around that corner — especially that Champion Ettin I can’t seem to outrun. LOL…what a mess that was. Anyway, No offense was taken by any of the commentary, but I appreciate the consideration.

However, as I mentioned, I still go cautiously where I know the mobs and their ungodly re-spawn rates tend to live. I have an aversion to wading through 10 baddies just to find I am faced with their ghosts just a step later and they have added a wicked grab and root ability never seen before.

Oh and all those red circles I try to stay out of which tend to overlap all the time? No matter where I step, I get spiked. I will learn I suppose to be a better player but I have fun anyway.

Posted by: Fudge.7409

Fudge.7409

It’s somewhat of a gear check. If you are getting owned every 20 feet, odds are, you shouldn’t be there. Being 80 doesn’t matter.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Somehow ANet seem to mess this up. Like Orr, they made some of the Southcove enemies immediately come with movement hampering, as if that equates difficulty. Karka are already a step up though, the multiple health bars, and interesting stomp mechanics are proof of this. But ANet needs to think outside the box when it comes to their tough content.

I suggested a ‘karka saliva’ mechanic elsewhere. Basically, karka ranged attacks apply this debuff, which stacks on your character. After five stacks you become crippled, and on ten stacks you’re immobilized. This may even come with added effects, like five equals weakness as well, and ten also gives vulnerable.

So far, the only problem Southcove has is incentive. The veterans drop no loot, and there are no decent event chains. There aren’t even any strong rewards, save for a rich ori node, but it’s guarded by a champion, which doesn’t seem worth it. Place a good meta event chain around this area, and maybe a decent chest at the champion, and you’ll see people have reason to come.

I actually think Orr could learn a few things from Southcove.

Edit:

It’s somewhat of a gear check. If you are getting owned every 20 feet, odds are, you shouldn’t be there. Being 80 doesn’t matter.

For a game that’s supposed to be about skill, what you just said makes it rather sad.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: Denunci.4796

Denunci.4796

Is there any reason to go back to Southsun Cove? I haven’t played in a few days after the one-time event so I haven’t seen the area since.

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Haven’t looked around Orr yet so not commenting on that.

Southern cove you can run around without too much trouble. Mobs don’t have a really large view range.

Easy orichalcum run with 3 chests, third is a little more difficult to rob without killing the champ.

I really like that stone jumping puzzle.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

HOWEVER, those of us who are complaining need to remember how impossible GW Prophecies was before heroes. I would have hoped the designers learned at least a little of what “fun” means in 7 years. And, they definitely have made huge strides in this area. But, they have to divorce themselves from both impossible foes and innumerable foes. That’s not fun. It’s a means to an end; it is nothing more than a grind to get through.

I disagree on the point of prophecies being impossible before heroes. I used to make it a point to solo missions with henchmen (before you could flag them) simply to prove it could be done to people that said it couldn’t be done. In the end I managed to complete the entirety of the prophecies campaign solo with my ranger. Probably the hardest mission in prophecies during that era to solo was the end of thunderhead keep, and it took a lot of GW1’s most important skill: watching the minimap.

This was still leaps and bounds harder than moving through orr or southsun solo. A lot of it is adopting a more GW1 mindset for these areas. Adjust your bar to the challenge ahead, have a plan, have an exit strategy, and (this IS harder than GW1) be very careful with your aggro.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Strang.8170

Woodenpotatoes completed prophecies solo, without henchmen….not really relevant but i thought it was pretty awesome thing nad also since gw1 happened to be mentioned.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

TL;DR

tips when moving around in Orr : speedbuff and condition removal skills

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Traits and equipment stats do play a big role in these places. Another thing is you do not need to grind lvl 80 area for lvl 80 equipment. you can do it at lvl 70+ area too.

Cove is juz full of dead bodies waiting for guardian and warriors to rizz. LOL.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Woodenpotatoes completed prophecies solo, without henchmen….not really relevant but i thought it was pretty awesome thing nad also since gw1 happened to be mentioned.

Release era, or after NF with all of the expansion skills and the builds resulting from them? Either way that would be cool to watch. I need to look up those videos.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

TL;DR

tips when moving around in Orr : speedbuff and condition removal skills

But shouldn’t there be more to it than that? Shouldn’t a place like Orr spell more dread that a mere annoyance or feeling like a drudgery just to get around?

Right now there isn’t much of a threat to these places, except maybe Southsun’s veterans. But Orr doesn’t evoke any sense of fear or hazard, just long walks made longer due to a walking slower when your skills are on cooldown.

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

IMO Straits of Devastation is rather unfriendly…sure you can navigate, but on the west side of the map, near Balthazar, it’s just mayhem. In a way, that’s good, it’s a end zone, it’s a doorstep of Orr, the first line of defense, and it shouldn’t be that easy. But I admit, sometimes it can get annoying, especially if you’re soloing and you can’t find a party.

As for Cove, you can do it alone, but if you stay away from the Veteran Karka. Still, game doesn’t have much to offer in that zone, in terms of exploration and events, POIs, vistas and skillpoints, so it’s not the no.1 zone for high level players.

Strang.8170

Release era, or after NF with all of the expansion skills and the builds resulting from them? Either way that would be cool to watch. I need to look up those videos.

Apart from two missions he used skills he picked up along the playthrough.

Two missions that he didn´t? Thunderhead keep, he had to do perma tank build on a warrior through heavy use of consumables. And abaddons mouth he had to resort to spirit spam. Other than those 2 it was as if it was release era.

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

If you’re playing an MMO solo, you’re doing it wrong.

The game you want is called Skyrim.

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

I really wish they had made Ruins of Orr and Southsun Cove more player friendly.

i hate these two maps, why couldnt they create these maps more Solo player friendly ?

In Orr players are perma stressed by perma attacking mobs and in Southsun cove the Mobs hit so hard that a normal equiped player dies in 2-3 hits….

Orr needs a revamp, less mobs more exploration without permanent fleeing from mob crowds. Its no fun there..

not more to say … that was all….

To do that is to change the lore of Orr…..that’s not happening. Orr was a great nation that sunk to the bottom of the sea, killing all it’s inhabitants during the Charr invasion.

Yeah but Trahearne fixed it, the area should be getting all shiny and flowery by now.

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

The only thing I don’t like about Orr is that there is literally no time to stand and look around at the environment. There’s tons of ancient history and lore that we’re seeing in the Guild Wars universe for the first time, and we can’t really examine it or appreciate it correctly because some undead kitten wants to play with my spleen.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

I have an aversion to wading through 10 baddies just to find I am faced with their ghosts just a step later and they have added a wicked grab and root ability never seen before.

This is definitely a real issue. Orr punishes slower defensive builds… perhaps a bit too much?

My recommendation — for you, for anyone else having a hard time, and for anyone who just wants it to be more fun or to be done faster — is to group up for map completion. All you need is one or two other players (with a full group of 5 it tends to turn into herding cats a bit too readily).

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

lynspottery.6529

I have an aversion to wading through 10 baddies just to find I am faced with their ghosts just a step later and they have added a wicked grab and root ability never seen before.

This is definitely a real issue. Orr punishes slower defensive builds… perhaps a bit too much?

My recommendation — for you, for anyone else having a hard time, and for anyone who just wants it to be more fun or to be done faster — is to group up for map completion. All you need is one or two other players (with a full group of 5 it tends to turn into herding cats a bit too readily).

I usually do group up with my guildies, but a lot of times I can’t find anyone available when I am. Either they have not logged on yet/or won’t due to RL commitments, are already in a full group in a committed function, or involved in WvWvW and don’t want to leave that just to help me.

So I try but most of the time I don’t succeed for the area.

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I like Orr. I feel comfortable there on my elementalist. Southsun Cove? I’ve been three times and not been back since. In fact, I’ve been having more fun playing my alts rather than go to that island where the mobs hit so hard.

ArenaNet I love you, but Southsun Cove to me feels like punishment (unless I am in a big crowd)… not fun.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Orr was certainly challenging at first, especially the initial zone. However, once you get used to it, it can be a lot of fun. Of course, the rewards are better so that justifies the challenge, somewhat. Southsun Cove seems a bit more challenging in my experience. The karka mobs are certainly tough and have inspired to rethink my traits. That’s not a bad thing, though.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Orr i can understand that it is irritating to explore but i did do it solo with my mes and ranger. But southsun i don’t really agree. It isn’t really that tightly packed and you can reasonably run past most mob. True the karka hit hard but shouldn’t be too hard to deal with unless its the vet or champion.

Posted by: lenpup.3765

lenpup.3765

These are the top-tier PVE zones, there is nothing more difficult in the open world. It’s supposed to be that way.
If the hardest zone in the game isn’t hard, the content is trivial.
Without the intent to be a jerk, I think you need to toughen up.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien
To be fair, they never said anything about not selling out on their principles. -Fungal Foot

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I can tank 5-6 enemies at Orr and 2 enemies at Southsun Cove. Anything above those increases my chance of dying by 90%. lol

I don’t get it on Orr – how do you acquire more mobs than you can handle? I mean, are you running around the map all the time ignoring the mobs? If so, bad move especially if using squishy class. You are making more mobs aggro you.

What I do is when there are mobs hitting me, if it was only 1, I outrun them. 2 or more, if I think I can handle, I’ll kill them..

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

LMAO no they are not. I get a better chance of getting a Rare, heck even an exotic over some random mob that is not from Orr or the Cove. with a higher pecentage of a solo fight and still being the one to walk away.

the relentless snares and high agro of Risen ontop of the mob density is more of annoyance then hard.

Then the Karka and all the other stuff that hit like a truck in the cove, with even more of a vet pressence.

Both these place’s in my experience drop far to much junk then anything at all. Why the heck would I even farm there?

Posted by: lenpup.3765

lenpup.3765

LMAO no they are not. I get a better chance of getting a Rare, heck even an exotic over some random mob that is not from Orr or the Cove. with a higher pecentage of a solo fight and still being the one to walk away.

the relentless snares and high agro of Risen ontop of the mob density is more of annoyance then hard.

Then the Karka and all the other stuff that hit like a truck in the cove, with even more of a vet pressence.

Both these place’s in my experience drop far to much junk then anything at all. Why the heck would I even farm there?

Yeah, sorry, if you can demonstrate that the loot tables are any different (other than the zone-specific drops) I’ll buy it. But I spent 6 hours killing mobs in this zone and felt that the loot was identical in quality to Orr.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien
To be fair, they never said anything about not selling out on their principles. -Fungal Foot

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Orr and Lost Shore = nice good place. I use Thief, with Lv78 full exotics armor and MF rune.

It’s not cakewalk easy, but nothing is impossible. LS has too few dynamic events for my liking, but the resources are good to hunt there. Orr, always loved the areas being constantly attacked = more loot, drops, money, exp, and karma, what is not to like?

Sharing my Orr Solo “event” run:
Arena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwQdFqQeVs
Arena Champ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKexYPL1cU

Will make Broodmother Solo public soon too =)…

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

(edited by DeathMetal.8264)

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

It is… Seriously if thieves, ele, guardian and mesmers can solo Orr ANYONE can, you are just playing badly… Sorry but it is true… Hell my friend who only has two exotics that come from drops/one from mad king chest and the rest masterwork has no issues in orr.

It is a MMORPG, it needs some challenging content sometimes and I agree southsuncove is horrible to play without a party of THREE OR MORE… but honestly MMO…

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Your joking right? The loot table in Southsun Cove is atrociously bad

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Nergrom.7592

Nergrom.7592

I am a shouthealing hammer warrior in glass gear. I can solo 4 young karkas or 3 drakes without getting downed.

While hammer CC and condition removal make this a breeze for me to solo, every class has builds that will shine in the new zone.

The key is learning when to dodge and bringing some kind of reflect and/or condition removal. The part where the karka rears up and shoots projectiles is the part you can easily see coming and dodge or CC.

Drakes are harder, but all you really need is condition removal and circle-strafing/kiting.

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

I just want some level 80 maps like the pre-75 maps.

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

I really wish they had made Ruins of Orr and Southsun Cove more player friendly.

i hate these two maps, why couldnt they create these maps more Solo player friendly ?

In Orr players are perma stressed by perma attacking mobs and in Southsun cove the Mobs hit so hard that a normal equiped player dies in 2-3 hits….

Orr needs a revamp, less mobs more exploration without permanent fleeing from mob crowds. Its no fun there..

not more to say … that was all….

I agree 100%

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

I am a shouthealing hammer warrior in glass gear. I can solo 4 young karkas or 3 drakes without getting downed.

While hammer CC and condition removal make this a breeze for me to solo, every class has builds that will shine in the new zone.

The key is learning when to dodge and bringing some kind of reflect and/or condition removal. The part where the karka rears up and shoots projectiles is the part you can easily see coming and dodge or CC.

Drakes are harder, but all you really need is condition removal and circle-strafing/kiting.

Your a warrior though, enough said ~ My full glass warrior has no real problems ~ I can even take down Vets. Yet, my other 80s all in decent gear…have massive problems. Sure, you can say the warrior class is OP ~ when it really isn’t, its just the other classes are underwhelming and thus require more skill/patience to achieve the same results.

Like the Ranger, Elementalist and Engineer – all three classes need revamping. I was hesitant to also say Mesmer, but I have only levelled mine to 30 so I can’t say yet :P

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

It is… Seriously if thieves, ele, guardian and mesmers can solo Orr ANYONE can, you are just playing badly… Sorry but it is true… Hell my friend who only has two exotics that come from drops/one from mad king chest and the rest masterwork has no issues in orr.

It is a MMORPG, it needs some challenging content sometimes and I agree southsuncove is horrible to play without a party of THREE OR MORE… but honestly MMO…

People like you are delusional. How much is that "I have no problem exploring those areas vs I do have problems exploring the areas, but I don’t care cause I don’t want it to change.. There is a problem in those areas.. Too many mobs to close together and you can’t just pull one, because the whole darn freakin family will come too and the darn freakin dog. If you tell me you have no problem exploring those areas solo then I’ll call you a liar. And who are you to judge another’s game play.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

People like you are delusional. How much is that "I have no problem exploring those areas vs I do have problems exploring the areas, but I don’t care cause I don’t want it to change.. There is a problem in those areas.. Too many mobs to close together and you can’t just pull one, because the whole darn freakin family will come too and the darn freakin dog. If you tell me you have no problem exploring those areas solo then I’ll call you a liar. And who are you to judge another’s game play.

Well, it’s supposed to have many of them Risen there, it’s a battle zone anyway. And I agree, there’s part of Orr that crawls with mobs, but there’s also areas that you can take relatively safely. It takes familiarity with the place to get used to the area.

And if players find that place too annoying/hard/whatever, there’s Lost Shore and Frost Gorge sound.

I personally like Orr for the mass mobs I can kill, for the many DEs. FG is too large, mobs are too far to farm, and the only thing interesting (at least for me) is Claw of Jormag event. Lost Shore has very few DEs for my liking. Some find DEs enough, so it’s a matter of preference….

But in Orr, go to Penitent Pass and there’s several events that can start. Plinx is also interesting, and so is the Champ Abomination. Of course, easy run with Tar and funny Rakkan chain. Scribe chain is easy as well. Broodmother is interesting, if you get caught with her attack, you get downed so you need to be very very careful =). If you get downed with many other mobs around, it’s probably your end ^^…

Mel, Balthazar, Arah gates, Treasure Guy, Clam Shell, etc….Orr = always in action

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server